Top 10 wizards in HP universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EmperorSidious2
As the title says, list your top 10 wizards in order of strongest to weakest. Books of course take precedence over films.

riv6672
Merlin
Lord Voldemort
Albus Dumbledore
Severus Snape
Bellatrix Lestrange
Molly Weasley
Sirius Black
Barty Crouch Jr.
Gellert Grindelwald
Minerva McGonagall

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by riv6672
Merlin
Lord Voldemort
Albus Dumbledore
Severus Snape
Bellatrix Lestrange
Molly Weasley
Sirius Black
Barty Crouch Jr.
Gellert Grindelwald
Minerva McGonagall

Interesting list. Why do you rank Grindlewald as 9th and Dumbledore below Voldemort?

riv6672
Grindelwald due to being more dangerous while amped with the elder wand.

Voldemort because he was the driving force of the series, evil-wise.

I'm agreeable to switching the placement of the characters, as i'm not an HP expert. I just went by knee jerk reactions/off the top of my head.

Trocity
1. Albus
2. Tom
3. Gellert

Too murky after that. The founders of Hogwarts should probably be above people like Snape, Moody, etc. but it's tough to tell.

EmperorSidious2
@riv6672 I see

@Trocity. It does get merky. I never include the founders or Merlin, but that's just me. Them just to much of unknowns I try to stay away. However, here is my list.

1) Dumbledore
2) Voldemort
3) Grindlewald
4) Mcgonagall
5) Snape
6) Bellatrix
7) Kingsley
8) Moody
9) Flitwick
10)Dolohov

riv6672
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
@riv6672 I see

@Trocity. It does get merky. I never include the founders or Merlin, but that's just me. Them just to much of unknowns I try to stay away. However, here is my list.

1) Dumbledore
2) Voldemort
3) Grindlewald
4) Mcgonagall
5) Snape
6) Bellatrix
7) Kingsley
8) Moody
9) Flitwick
10)Dolohov
Nice list.

I included Merlin because he's Merlin. Any work of fiction he's in evennif indirectly, i figure he's in the top ten if not the top spot itself.
I'm with you on the murk though. Regarding the founders, they may have been more forward thinking than outright powerful, who knows?

EmperorSidious2
Nice list.

I included Merlin because he's Merlin. Any work of fiction he's in evennif indirectly, i figure he's in the top ten if not the top spot itself.
I'm with you on the murk though. Regarding the founders, they may have been more forward thinking than outright powerful, who knows?

Thanks.

Yea I get that. If I included Merlin he'd definitly be in my top 5.

riv6672
^^^This was fun!
I love the PotterVerse; even with everything thats been written, the surface has barely been scratched.

EmperorSidious2
Yea. I'm really excited for how Rowling will portray Dumbledore in these next few movies of Fantastic Beast.

riv6672
^^^Been waiting a long time for this...thumb up

The Merchant
Book canon + Fantastic Beasts screen play

Dumbledore
Voldemort
Grindelwald
Credence
Flemal

After that things probably get murky, then you have Merlin + the founders of Hogwarts who I'm certain fill up the rest of this list.

gideongarner01
Merlin
Lord Voldemort
Albus Dumbledore
Severus Snape
Bellatrix Lestrange
Molly Weasley
Sirius Black
Barty Crouch Jr.
Gellert Grindelwald
Minerva McGonagall

Switch mcgonagall and bellatrix and your list would be good.

riv6672
I can see that. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.