The Fate of The Furious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
I knew the Brain character wouldnt be in it so i'm ok with that.
The rest of the trailer looked like what i want in an action movie, though. There's a plot twist in there i wont ruin for anyone that dislikes spoilers.

https://youtu.be/574avDXfpMk

BruceSkywalker
looks good..

TheVaultDweller
I was expecting this to be utter garbage, but that trailer actually looked quite entertaining. The thing that always draws me back to these films is the fact that the cast seems to have a very strong chemistry onscreen.

riv6672
Yeah they do.
Newer additions (The Rock, Russell, and now Statham) quickly add to the mix.

Zack M
thumb up

Kazenji
Wonder if the movie does have a chance at winning an Academy award for something

that or Vin was just getting too excited during production.

TheVaultDweller
Well, it looks like this movie is going to have some pretty decent VFX and camera work, but I can't see a F&F movie winning any Oscars for things like script or acting, even with people like Charlize Theron or Kurt Russel in it.

Dreampanther
I'm a pretty big fan of the FF franchise, for the most part - I quite like my mindless entertainment. But freaking hell, even I think they are starting to jump the shark a bit with this one. Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna watch it - but whereas with the previous one I was looking forward to it and thought they did a great job, especially with the goodbye to Paul Walker, with this one I'm starting to get that WTF are they thinking feeling.

jinXed by JaNx
Looks decent. Needs a new trailer with good music.

riv6672
The trailer...looks decent except for...the trailer? huh laughing

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Looks decent. Needs a new trailer with good music.

Funny you say that, because the first movie had a lot more Rock elements in it. It wasn't nothing but thuggin' hip-hop bullshit. So that kind of gets on my nerves.

This wasn't the direction I was expecting the series to go, I have to admit. But I felt like the trailer showed way too much. I really have practically no desire to see this at the theater now. It can wait.

Robtard
I love cars and I love me some Charlize Theron, but these films get more and more awful and ridiculous, trailer didn't do anything for me, something I'll watch at home on a lazy Sunday morning.

quanchi112
Quit lusting after women we both know would spit on you rather than talk to you. Bernard, act like a married man FFS.

riv6672
^^^LOL

I'm the only black person i know who wont call you racist for your wording there; i am not a rap fan either, but in small doses, like in movies/trailers set over some kick ass action i dont mind it.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by quanchi112
Quit lusting after women we both know would spit on you rather than talk to you. Bernard, act like a married man FFS.

laughing out loud

Now that was funny.

Ascendancy
I liked the last, it was enjoyable, but it could have ended a while ago. 7 was worth the watch at least, and if this is as well, then hey, could be worse. Seems like it will be hard to top the ending of 7 though, cause the send off for Paul Walker was a great way to close out the film and series.

riv6672
Agreed. It would have been a good series ending.

steverules_2
Everytime I see Vin Diesel in these films I always think no amount of acting can make me believe that he knows anything about cars and driving them...same goes for Michelle as well actually

riv6672
I believe they can all make cars defy physics! yes

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by riv6672
I'm the only black person i know who wont call you racist for your wording there; i am not a rap fan either, but in small doses, like in movies/trailers set over some kick ass action i dont mind it.

For a series that tries to pride itself on having a diverse cast it doesn't provide a very eclectic musical collection anymore.

Oh, and the title seems a bit wordy. Why not Furious Fate (aka Furious 8)? It also seems to imply that this is the final film, but somehow I doubt that knowing what a huge cash cow it is.

riv6672
Furious Fate. I like that!!!

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112

"I bang hot ass." -quanchi112

:0

Estacado
Plot is awesome!

"How about we make the good guy bad and the bad guy good?"

Brilliant!

riv6672
^^^I thought so, too.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Estacado
Plot is awesome!

"How about we make the good guy bad and the bad guy good?"

Brilliant!

Original too

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Estacado
Plot is awesome!

"How about we make the good guy bad and the bad guy good, and toss in lots of explosions to cover up any plot holes?"

Brilliant!

Patient_Leech
Holy fu#king shit... this has already made over a billion dollars..

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=furious8.htm

And what's weird is that I haven't heard any buzz about this, no one talking about it, no one even mentioned seeing it..

playa1258
Because it's making most of its money overseas.

Patient_Leech
^ Ah, good point. Good lord, almost a billion dollars overseas. That's nucking futs.

Patient_Leech
I watched this last night and I have to admit it's surprisingly entertaining. I hesitate to say "good", but definitely engaging and fun to watch. Not sure how much of it is actually semi-plausible, though. Also not sure the villain's motivations made any sense, but whatevs..

The film seems to totally miss the point of the moral dilemma it sets up and it's an interesting one: sacrifice one's son to stop a maniac (a son he didn't even realize he had!) and prevent the deaths of hundreds of other people, or dogmatically fight for one's own family no matter what. I knew it was a foregone conclusion at the start of the movie what was going to happen knowing these films, so to me the film didn't even invite anyone to consider the dilemma. I guess it would be too challenging a thing to bring up in a film series like this, fans wouldn't know what to make of it. But none-the-less a fun film. Might be one of the better films in the series, up there with Fast 5. I didn't particularly care for 6 and I fell asleep during 7, not that it was bad, though, necessarily.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Holy fu#king shit... this has already made over a billion dollars..

And there goes all hope for another Riddick film. sad

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
And there goes all hope for another Riddick film. sad
Why do you say that?

Esau Cairn
Well considering how much this instalment made, it's pretty much guaranteed Diesel's contracted for the inevitable next one.

And then he reprised his Xander Cage role in XXX.

There's also the fact that he had to moe or less bank roll the last Riddick movie....

Darth Thor
^ The success of this franchise will allow him to do other riskier projects he wants though. Because studios will be more willing to bank on him.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I think the more success he has the better for the future of Riddick. I don't know what's up with Twohy, though. He's supposedly busy with some project, but IMDb doesn't have much about it and supposedly they were supposed to even start filming the next Riddick film sometime this year, but it's been very quiet lately... since the odd announcement for "Furia" and the accompanying TV show...

Riddick 4 (????)

Trouble is: Vin has to go into some isolation for a few months before they film to get into character, so that's probably a big obstacle.

Kazenji
Diesel also wants a Hannibal trilogy (not Hannibal Lector) get made too.

TheVaultDweller
This movie was dumb and ridiculous, yet I had a lot of fun with it. Two of the highlights for me were the prison breakout scene and the airplane fight where Shaw took on a bunch of bad guys while carrying Dom's baby around.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ The success of this franchise will allow him to do other riskier projects he wants though. Because studios will be more willing to bank on him.

Yeah that was what Vin was hoping for with the previous Riddick movie...leeway & funding from HollyWood.

From memory, filming stopped 3/4 into production & he had to go overseas to seek funding to complete the project.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
Years.
Been waiting on this for years.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
This movie was dumb and ridiculous, yet I had a lot of fun with it. Two of the highlights for me were the prison breakout scene and the airplane fight where Shaw took on a bunch of bad guys while carrying Dom's baby around.

Haha.. yeah, there is definitely some cheese in the film. That was pretty cringe-worthy. But it was still more fun than them jumping from car to car in Furious 6.. heh, god that was hilarious. laughing out loud

God, is that still happening? I haven't heard anything about it in years... it was probably a decade ago that I heard anything about it..

Kazenji

God, is that still happening? I haven't heard anything about it in years... it was probably a decade ago that I heard anything about it..

He's still teasing it that its still alive going by a article from 2014

Vin also wants to be the title role.

TheVaultDweller
Haha.. yeah, there is definitely some cheese in the film. That was pretty cringe-worthy. But it was still more fun than them jumping from car to car in Furious 6.. heh, god that was hilarious. laughing out loud

The reason I find it fun is because the cast knows what it is. The filmmakers know what it is. They embrace the cheese, because they know it's what a lot of the audience wants at this point. They show a self-awareness of what they are. It's one of the reasons I like it way more than the latest Triple X film, for example. That film had moments of it, but it also seemed to take itself rather seriously at other points, and spent half of the film trying to convince us of how awesome everyone is (there are probably 20 different conversations made with the sole intent of telling us how extreme and badass Xander Cage is), whereas Furious 8 just throws the action at you and lets you make up your own mind.

Oh, and the Shaw brothers' mother was great. laughing

Patient_Leech
The reason I find it fun is because the cast knows what it is. The filmmakers know what it is. They embrace the cheese, because they know it's what a lot of the audience wants at this point. They show a self-awareness of what they are. It's one of the reasons I like it way more than the latest Triple X film, for example. That film had moments of it, but it also seemed to take itself rather seriously at other points, and spent half of the film trying to convince us of how awesome everyone is (there are probably 20 different conversations made with the sole intent of telling us how extreme and badass Xander Cage is), whereas Furious 8 just throws the action at you and lets you make up your own mind.

I agree. XXX 3 was awful. The script was atrociously painful. Although I can't blame Vin too much, because I can see how it may have looked better on paper. F8 was more of an over-the-top fun self-awareness.

riv6672
I mostly like movies that dont try to be more than they are. I think viewers respect that more, too.

I recall 'Snakes on A Plane' was originally pushed way more seriously, but it really built up buzz when well, it was more honest in its advertising.

Lestov16
Just saw this. first time I've seen one of these since 2 Fast 2 Furious. I thought it was okay. The stupidity was laughable, but the action sequences were fun. But dear God, was Tyreese annoying as hell. Also, I could watch a whole series just about Jason Statham and that baby. like I said, very stupid film, but also very fun

Kazenji
Michelle Rodriguez is planning on leaving the franchise if they don't do something more with the female characters.

Patient_Leech
Michelle Rodriguez is planning on leaving the franchise if they don't do something more with the female characters.

Oh snap!! What will the series do without her???!

Oh, wait, it'll probably go on just fine. confused

It went on without Paul Walker after all.

TheVaultDweller
Oh snap!! What will the series do without her???!

Oh, wait, it'll probably go on just fine. confused

It went on without Paul Walker after all.

Yep. Maybe she is mad that the latest film had the most prominent female character as a villain.

And it's not even about male/female. The cast is big, so a lot of them don't get much to do. All Tyrese Gibson did was get made fun of, and Ludacris flirted with the Ramsey character.

mehedi067
Wonder if the movie does have a chance at winning an Academy award for something.

S_W_LeGenD
This franchise is turning into X-MEN with supercars.

1st and 3rd were good stories and believable. Now, the protagonists like X-MEN. Nothing is threatening to them. What is the point?

Won't be surprised if the protagonists turn out to be genetically enhanced military bots.... this is where the franchise seems to be heading to.

Patient_Leech
Yep. Maybe she is mad that the latest film had the most prominent female character as a villain.

Yeah, I think she's just jealous that she didn't get a juicy role.

And it's not even about male/female. The cast is big, so a lot of them don't get much to do. All Tyrese Gibson did was get made fun of, and Ludacris flirted with the Ramsey character.

laughing out loud

It's basically a big live-action cartoon now. I don't understand why she's bitching.

prabhash.s
a good one. most waited movies series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.