Skills vs Stats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
who are those characters in your opinion, that with a little boost to their fighting skills could go wonders further and win much more fights. they have the stats but the only thing that keeps them behind their natural peers is their crappy fighting. here is my list:

1.Gladiator - he has the stats. strong, durable, fast, the entire package. but man he cant fight. yeah yeah i know bio and all, shiar fighting style, different fighting styles from the galaxy. facts are he is getting wooped most of the time when facing characters that are more or less at his level of stats. he really needs mister miagi

2.Kal Kent (superman 1 million) - seeing his appearances, this guy is all about good stats but crappy fighting. the way he was owned by else man without being able to fight back. all of his other team mates fought back. then we have ultraman one shotting him with heat vision. then we have him losing to batman 1 million is a physical brawl(more or less a brawl). then we have the metal crew owning him until he gets mad and use sheer strength. kal kent strikes me as someone who has the power but very little fighting skills. could really help him.

3. Beast - to me beast is the definition of someone who simply gets owned. i know he is suppose to have his own acrobatic style or what ever, facts are he is getting his ass wooped all the damn time. he has super strength as we saw many times. but he has very crappy damage soak and fighting skills. he has some nice feats here and there but thats mostly due to acrobatics that just allow him to bounce all around and not doing any real damage to his opponents. bouncing around isnt fighting skills. star fighting beastttt.

4. Killer Croc - has strength but 0 skills. his skills are really crappy. he can do much better if he actually learns how to fight. thats funny because he is suppose to be a wrestler or something. yet all he can do is roar then get his ass wooped.

5. mister sinister - has 0 fighting skills. has good powers and can be very powerful in times. however, 0 fighting skills. once you bypass his powers he is a child. the only moment i recall him showing any physical threat is by grabbing sabretooth by the throat and lifting him with 1 hand.

6. Hulk - he is strong. very strong. but skills? if he had more fighting skills i feel like he could do much better in fights rather than just punch.

7. Galactus. just imagine galactus doing a jump spinning kick. at least defend himself from headbutts. i have a tactic. when someone stands really close to you and you have to realize... 95% of the time it will continue as a headbutt. so if he stands really close to you either you punch first or put your hand under your chin like you are talking toh im but at the same time thinking. then your palm is ready under your chin as soon as he will launch the headbutt you just open your palm and he will break his nore on your palm. galactus needs to learn some street fighting tciks.

8. Rhino and Juggernaut. those 2 are the same thing. different power levels and durability but the same thing. suck really really really bad at fighting. they need to learn how to fight otherwise they will keep getting owned all the damn time.

DarkSaint85
Croc has actually shown some skills in the latest comics.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Dareangel
but man he cant fight.

He was good enough to handle Hyperion. He can fight, just not on the MA/street lv.

As for not using his powers to their fullest, writers nerf powerhouses like that all the time.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Croc has actually shown some skills in the latest comics.

Yeah, but most of the time his skill and stats are ignored completely.

Blue Area Vet
Don't agree with Gladiator not having skills, his lack of success centers around a comical level of grandiose that surfaces after he has the upper hand on his powerful opponents.

So who actually lacks skills but has the hardware?

- Rage
- Wonderman
- Ironclad
- Terrax
- Machine Man
- Scorpion
- Wrecker
- Doc Sampson
- Mr. Fantastic

staxamillion
i put guy gardner and gladiator in the same boat of always tripping over themselves.

jubilation lee - it think it was stated that she could do more with her powers (when she had them) but never really did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.