Deadman Vs Charles Xavier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e4/52/f7/e452f76434ac05841c489d6b84ab2e4e.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/9d/f2/bd/9df2bdf5cfe0cd5c39bb7bea8b67515e.jpg

Supermutant
Whose head is shinier? close call

Interesting matchup though

Sin I AM
Boston. There is nothing Xavier can do

riv6672
Originally posted by Supermutant
Whose head is shinier? close call

Interesting matchup though
Thank you. I lean towards Xavier for shine.

I was curious as to how Brand would do against such a powerful TP, defensively, and if Xavier might be able to oust him.

Surtur
Has Xavier ever affected spirits with his TP? If so, how does he not stomp? Unless Deadman has some psychic resistance feats.

But since Xavier has used telepathy on even Galactus(gathered the thoughts or something of an entire planet against him) and has used it on astral beings, etc. I'd be surprised if his powers wouldn't work here.

carver9
Xavier would sense him right away. I'm giving this to Charles...one of the most powerful being on the planet.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
Thank you. I lean towards Xavier for shine.

I was curious as to how Brand would do against such a powerful TP, defensively, and if Xavier might be able to oust him.

There have been three people who have successfully ousted Deadman so far.

Constantine, due to his filthy mind.
The Phantom Stranger, due to his pain and his sheer purity (plus, he called on Jesus to cast him out lol)
The Flash, who used the Speed Force.

Apart from that, nobody else even senses him, barring the mystic types. It isn't really a telepathic form per se.

After all, that was the whole point of his existence. He is unable to interact with the real world, except through possession, and has to help others in order to avoid Hell.

It would kinda cheapen the whole 'punishment' angle, if all he needs to do is find a telepath to interact with.

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

The Phantom Stranger, due to his pain and his sheer purity (plus, he called on Jesus to cast him out lol)

Apart from that, nobody else even senses him, barring the mystic types. It isn't really a telepathic form per se.

After all, that was the whole point of his existence. He is unable to interact with the real world, except through possession, and has to help others in order to avoid Hell.

It would kinda cheapen the whole 'punishment' angle, if all he needs to do is find a telepath to interact with.

But since I assume Xavier will know he is in a fight, wouldn't he try to use his mind to sense his opponent?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Surtur
But since I assume Xavier will know he is in a fight, wouldn't he try to use his mind to sense his opponent?

Course he would.

I'm just saying, the whole point of Deadman's curse was that nobody would sense him. He could see, scream etc at people, but until he possessed a third party, he would have no way of interacting with them - a literal ghost.

It would be a pretty shitty curse if a telepath could interact with him, is all I'm saying - especially since they're pretty common amongst metahumans.

darthgoober
Course he would.

I'm just saying, the whole point of Deadman's curse was that nobody would sense him. He could see, scream etc at people, but until he possessed a third party, he would have no way of interacting with them - a literal ghost.

It would be a pretty shitty curse if a telepath could interact with him, is all I'm saying - especially since they're pretty common amongst metahumans.
Yeah but I think Surtur's point is predicated on the idea that it's within XAVIER'S ability to sense and interact with spirits. If he personally has that power, then it's irrelevant that DC telepaths lack such a thing. Like Hulk... Hulk can see ghosts ergo he should be able to see Deadman unless it's been established that even people who can normally see ghosts can't see Deadman. Not that Xavier necessarily has that power(even Surtur simply posed the question), just that IF he has that power, then the fight should be easy for him.

Flyattractor

In the Lobo/Deadman one shot. Deadman was barely able to control the Main Man and in fact Lobo actually started to posses Boston.

So I vote for Boston.

Charlie aint crap.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but I think Surtur's point is predicated on the idea that it's within XAVIER'S ability to sense and interact with spirits. If he personally has that power, then it's irrelevant that DC telepaths lack such a thing. Like Hulk... Hulk can see ghosts ergo he should be able to see Deadman unless it's been established that even people who can normally see ghosts can't see Deadman. Not that Xavier necessarily has that power(even Surtur simply posed the question), just that IF he has that power, then the fight should be easy for him.

But we are now equating Marvel ghosts, to DC ghosts, but not DC telepaths to Marvel telepaths...

Sin I AM
Boston stomps

darthgoober
But we are now equating Marvel ghosts, to DC ghosts, but not DC telepaths to Marvel telepaths...
The fact that DC may put restrictors on it's telepaths don't take away from the abilities of Marvel telepaths. As you yourself said, some DC mystic types CAN see Deadman so it's possible to see him if one has that power. So characters from Marvel who have that power should be able to see him too regardless of whether or not DC chooses to give such a power to their telepaths as a standard. We can't let DC handicap the specific abilities of Marvel characters after all. He can't bee perceived or interacted with in DC because few beings in their universe can interact with ghosts, but Marvel has the right to give any of their characters the ability to see and interact with ghosts that they like regardless of what DC does.

DarkSaint85
The fact that DC may put restrictors on it's telepaths don't take away from the abilities of Marvel telepaths. As you yourself said, some DC mystic types CAN see Deadman so it's possible to see him if one has that power. So characters from Marvel who have that power should be able to see him too regardless of whether or not DC chooses to give such a power to their telepaths as a standard.

OK.

When Xavier has mystical powers too, PM those scans to me secretly so I can use them in a thread.

darthgoober
OK.

When Xavier has mystical powers too, PM those scans to me secretly so I can use them in a thread.
He doesn't need mystic powers, just the ability to see and interact with ghosts lol. Regardless of where that ability comes from, if he has it then he has it.

Unless of course it's been established that even people who can normally see and interact with ghosts are unable to see/interact with Deadman.

Sin I AM
He doesn't need mystic powers, just the ability to see and interact with ghosts lol. Regardless of where that ability comes from, if he has it then he has it.

Unless of course it's been established that even people who can normally see and interact with ghosts are unable to see/interact with Deadman.

When has Charles ever communicated with ghosts?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Sin I AM
When has Charles ever communicated with ghosts?
I know of no such instance off the top of my head. I'm not saying that he can, I'm saying that IF he can then Deadman shouldn't be considered an exception. This has been a purely theoretical discussion predicated on Chuck being able to, I'm not personally saying that he has that power. I just jumped in on a discussion that was debating the possibly.

leonidas
ghosts in marvel have been associated with the astral plane, and xavier can access that easily enough. not sure that would translate to his being able to perceive boston though. has he ever been said to roam the astral plane? not sure.

Galan007
For the record, one of the times Deadman tried to possesses Constantine, he was driven out simply because he didn't like what he saw after entering John's body/soul:
http://i.imgur.com/muIms9b.jpg
"I was going to warn you, mate. You don't want to go possessing me. Not unless you've got a very strong constitution..."

Almost seems like there's a psionic element to his possession. /shrug

DarkSaint85
Yeah, but....it's Constantine, lol.

He did say it was too filthy for him. I always saw it as John having boobytrapped himself to guard against spectral possession (which, tbf, you can see him doing).

Zack M
Isn't Deadman in another dimension?

leonidas
a quick google search shows that deadman's ghost form has been equated to an astral form and he even battled death, according to one synopsis site, on the astral plane. they seem to be early references (i didn't bother digging, because, well, i don't care enough about this...) so not sure if currently his ghost form is still considered an astral form. still, might lend a tiny bit of support in favor of charlie being able to sense him.... /shrug

Galan007
Yeah, but....it's Constantine, lol.

He did say it was too filthy for him. I always saw it as John having boobytrapped himself to guard against spectral possession (which, tbf, you can see him doing). In that particular case no magical safeguards or w/e were in place... Boston simply couldn't handle Constantine's "filthy" soul/mind/vessel.

Sin I AM
But thats Constantine tho...his jobber aura is reaching cap/bat levels

Galan007
Originally posted by Galan007
In that particular case no magical safeguards or w/e were in place... Boston simply couldn't handle Constantine's "filthy" soul/mind/vessel.

All you have to do is read the friggin scan. thumb up

krisblaze
Nobody's more filthy than Charlie though, auld bugger

Galan007
thumb up

Just saying that Boston's possession seems to have a psionic element to it -- which means that Xavier could potentially manipulate him to some degree. Perhaps make Boston think he is as 'filthy' as Constantine or somesuch, lol.

leonidas
or trick him into thinking he's in mindset's mind?

riv6672
This was really fun reading thank you.
My takeaway is, DS really wants Brand to win this one. stick out tongue

The fact that DC may put restrictors on it's telepaths don't take away from the abilities of Marvel telepaths. As you yourself said, some DC mystic types CAN see Deadman so it's possible to see him if one has that power. So characters from Marvel who have that power should be able to see him too regardless of whether or not DC chooses to give such a power to their telepaths as a standard. We can't let DC handicap the specific abilities of Marvel characters after all. He can't bee perceived or interacted with in DC because few beings in their universe can interact with ghosts, but Marvel has the right to give any of their characters the ability to see and interact with ghosts that they like regardless of what DC does.
Originally posted by leonidas
ghosts in marvel have been associated with the astral plane, and xavier can access that easily enough. not sure that would translate to his being able to perceive boston though. has he ever been said to roam the astral plane? not sure.
Originally posted by Galan007
For the record, one of the times Deadman tried to possesses Constantine, he was driven out simply because he didn't like what he saw after entering John's body/soul:
http://i.imgur.com/muIms9b.jpg
"I was going to warn you, mate. You don't want to go possessing me. Not unless you've got a very strong constitution..."

Almost seems like there's a psionic element to his possession. /shrug

^^^I found the above really intriguing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.