Most cringe-worthy villains

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
So, the other thread was about the villains who were portrayed as truly terrible individuals. Now, this is the thread to list the worst/dumbest/most pathetic/most poorly portrayed villains you can think of. Maybe the actor phoned it in, maybe the portrayal was way off, or maybe there was some other element that just made them bad. Either way, list your worst.

Patient_Leech
Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor.

http://img3.looper.com/img/gallery/why-fans-are-slamming-jesse-eisenbergs-lex-luthor/hes-too-joker-y.jpg

Dominic West, Jigsaw from Punisher: War Zone.

https://i0.wp.com/ap2hyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Screen-Shot-2015-10-04-at-5.39.27-PM.png

Kylo Ren

http://67.media.tumblr.com/dd91b5262eaa69019c539a045cb67aa8/tumblr_o050msYdhi1uprngpo1_1280.jpg

Insane Titan
Khan-Star Trek: into Darkness

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Kylo Ren

http://67.media.tumblr.com/dd91b5262eaa69019c539a045cb67aa8/tumblr_o050msYdhi1uprngpo1_1280.jpg
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Khan-Star Trek: into Darkness

We need to prepare for quan's wrath. laughing out loud

Insane Titan
We need to prepare for quan's wrath. laughing out loud who?

Patient_Leech
who?

Hilarious delusions of grandeur for his Star Trek/Wars fanboyhood... Doesn't sound familiar?

MF DELPH
Add the entire cast of Suicide Squad sans Flag and Katana (since they technically aren't villains but might as well have been for being so underwhelming). They were supposed to be "the bad guys" and weren't at all.

Extra points to Killer Croc for wanting BET.

The_Tempest
I'll second Kylo.

One of the many reasons TFA failed me.

riv6672
We need to prepare for quan's wrath. laughing out loud
As a board villain, Quan would qualify for this list.

quanchi112
Originally posted by riv6672
As a board villain, Quan would qualify for this list. THE board villain.

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/SMmv7r5l.jpg

riv6672
Originally posted by quanchi112
THE board villain.
Shitty edition, yes! big grin

Surtur
Eddie Redmayne from Jupiter Ascending.

eNcgOSKcYDg

ares834
thumb up

Robtard
Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor.

http://img3.looper.com/img/gallery/why-fans-are-slamming-jesse-eisenbergs-lex-luthor/hes-too-joker-y.jpg

This right here, it's like Synder and Eisenberg got together and mashed out how they could do the worst possible Lex Luthor. To their credit, they achieved just that.

quanchi112
Shitty edition, yes! big grin Nah, just THE board villain.

Lord Lucien
Warriors of Virtue's Komodo:

mYYqgNLnw54

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Robtard
This right here, it's like Synder and Eisenberg got together and mashed out how they could do the worst possible Lex Luthor. To their credit, they achieved just that. This.

Glad to see he was mentioned so early and so many people agree. It still bothers me that, to date, the best on screen versions of Lex Luthor are from tv shows. Really, take inspiration from Smallville and the old school DCAU shows, and Lex would be GOAT.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-K1y1uAgXZEo/U-1gB7cs75I/AAAAAAAAHZk/zdobZCT5mlc/s1600/Lex%2BLuthor.gif

Ridley_Prime
Lex was also great in the Lois & Clark show, but yeah.

Anywho,

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111270097/5247221-landscape-1449139503-doomsday-warners-dc-batman-superman-trailer.jpg

Flyattractor
Both of NuDoctor Who's take on "The Master".

Khazra Reborn
The only time I can recall audibly cringing in at a movie villain is when EisenLex did his "The red capes are coming" bit. Uggghhhhhgghh, that was so horrible.

BruceSkywalker
zack snyder

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, EisenLex was NOT good. He also had a habit of making just really weird sound effects:

iTog1MHsyk8

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
zack snyder laughing out loud

The Sorrow
Jigsaw from War Zone really was horrendous, as if the film wasn't bad enough without Doms terrible performance. I also find Captain Cold from Flash/Arrow verse very cheesey, to the point where he occasionally breaks the suspension of disbelief for me with how bad his acting is.

Doomsday and Lex both recieve honourable mentions for almost completely ruining BvS.

riv6672
Nah, just THE board villain.
Sure thing, Dark Helmet. smile

Patient_Leech
Sure thing, Dark Helmet. smile

laughing out loud

Lord Helmet, I think it is.

http://www.shadowlocked.com/images/stories/LISTS/2011/006_June/18/100_things_I_love_about_film/spaceballs_moranis.jpg

riv6672
This...

http://i.imgur.com/4fHTnsZ.jpg

...makes me feel very conflicted.

Patient_Leech
Pretty sure quanch doesn't look like that.

riv6672
Quan who? stick out tongue

Ascendancy
Hit da Quan?

quanchi112
Pretty sure quanch doesn't look like that. Quit being weird, Riddick guy.

NemeBro
Kylo Ren was pretty much the only good thing from TFA.

EisenLex is a good choice though, yeah.

quanchi112
Sure thing, Dark Helmet. smile Riv, you are still seeking to be relevant after all this time. I doubt you'll ever achieve if but dare to dream.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro

EisenLex is a good choice though, yeah. Snoke was amazing. Both villains from TFA are fantastic.

riv6672
Riv, you are still seeking to be relevant after all this time. I doubt you'll ever achieve if but dare to dream.
The great part is, as many posters here, and at HC, who routinely bring up my relevance (when i've never referred to myself as such), and know who i am and how long i've posted, and at which sites (most now defunct, sadly), makes me exactly what they claim i'm not. smile

Now comb the desert!

Insane Titan
Krennic from Rogue one.
He was lame, got treated like a b*tch then owned by his own weapon. laughing out loud

Kazenji
Krennic from Rogue one.
He was lame, got treated like a b*tch then owned by his own weapon. laughing out loud

Yeah...the very same guy Quan loves at the moment.

riv6672
^^^Ah, Quan.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah...the very same guy Quan loves at the moment. it's not surprising though is it. He thinks he's some sort of villain but always end up humiliated.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Both of NuDoctor Who's take on "The Master".

Pshh, the girl version was stupid, but this version was awesome:

ptRxrH1rVK8

Plus this part:

4h8NmjpiY1M

Spoiler alert: those little balls of destruction are just the brains of humans from billions of years in the future.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Surtur
Pshh, the girl version was stupid, but this version was awesome:

ptRxrH1rVK8 I love that video.

Flyattractor
You two are so so......SAD.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by NemeBro

EisenLex is a good choice though, yeah.
You didn't actually watch the movie, eh? He was an emo drama queen.

Kazenji
I'm sure Snoke will sort Kyle out.

TheVaultDweller
I had trouble taking him seriously, considering he literally threw tantrums at multiple points in the film. Reminded me too much of prequel Anakin nonsense.

QaZ0L7aDx50

R3p-gxqcQpM

I personally found Snoke much more interesting, limited screen time and all.

John Murdoch
Michael Sheen's Aro from the Twilight nonsense.

NemeBro
Snoke was amazing. Both villains from TFA are fantastic. Snoke was okay. He seems to actually have an interest in Kylo Ren's well-being, which is sufficient enough to differentiate him from Palpatine (who casually discarded apprentices and even arranged for their deaths) and make him interesting, but I will have to see more from him.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Ascendancy
You didn't actually watch the movie, eh? He was an emo drama queen. Which made him far more interesting than any other character in the film. Rey was incredibly boring, Finn had real potential but was so poorly-handled the character is probably too far-gone to be made interesting, Poe was okay but barely present, and... I can't name any of the other characters but Snoke.

Kylo Ren is an in-universe Vader fanboy who has an established link to the original trilogy (being Han's son), which helps establish continuity and mythos, had a very atypical presentation (everyone else wants to be on the Light Side but struggles with their Dark Side, Kylo Ren wants to be on the Dark Side but struggles with his Light Side), is obviously immature and petulant, but also unstable, which makes him legitimately threatening (Rey beating him after he was heavily wounded does little to downplay this, though Rey using her mary sue powers to overpower his telepathy kind of does). He was shipped as being the successor to Vader, but the writers made this exactly what he intended to be, and then subverted it with his characterization to make him outwardly different than Vader, and then gave the character a dose of clever irony because, unknown to Kylo Ren, his idol was just as conflicted and emo as he was.

He's the best villain in the new movies, and easily the best character. At least so far.

Ascendancy
He's the best whiny teen since Anakin, and more annoying in certain ways. His tantrums are pathetic, and they do nothing to add depth to his character. It's funny that so many people laughed at the way Anakin was portrayed in the prequels yet so many want to give Ren a pass when his characterization is just as garbage.

Calling him the best character really isn't saying much. They did such a bad job of making anyone interesting and non-generic that it isn't really hard to take that title.

jaden101
http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/10/100990/1912553-nuclearmancolored.jpg

quanchi112
He's the best whiny teen since Anakin, and more annoying in certain ways. His tantrums are pathetic, and they do nothing to add depth to his character. It's funny that so many people laughed at the way Anakin was portrayed in the prequels yet so many want to give Ren a pass when his characterization is just as garbage.

Calling him the best character really isn't saying much. They did such a bad job of making anyone interesting and non-generic that it isn't really hard to take that title. You are the same guy who thinks Maul is in AOTC. This is opinion based so quit throwing an emo fit everytime someone likes Kylo. He's better than Vader. He will also greatly improve so prepare to eat your own words.

The manner in which Anakin threw fits is a lot different and more feminine when compared to Ben's testosterone fueled rants.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by jaden101
http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/10/100990/1912553-nuclearmancolored.jpg

The concept of a Bizarro-type villain going against Reeves in his final Superman film could've been great, but, man, did it turn out to stink.

I'm a big Bond fan, so it makes me cringe at what could've been with Christoph Waltz as Blofeld in Spectre, but that was mishandled big time.

NemeBro
He's the best whiny teen since Anakin,

Ren is thirty actually.

This is what's known as a subjective b!tch-nigga criticism. It's a vague buzzword.

Right, and seemingly (which is more important than author intent btw) intentionally so. thumb up

Another subjective b!tch-nigga criticism. Also plainly wrong.

Do his tantrums add something else to his character? Yes they do, they show us that he is very easily angered, immature, and impulsive. It emphasizes his manchild traits, and actually might have established them, since IIRC we didn't see much of his personality before, where he was portrayed as more of an aloof Vader-esque figure.

People laughed at the way Anakin was portrayed in the prequels because he was poorly-acted and had to recite horrible dialogue, and was part of an incredibly cheesy romance subplot. Anakin's character conceptually was fine, but the execution was just very poor.

Kylo Ren by contrast is much better acted and isn't hamstrung by Lucas' shitty dialogue.

This much is true. Ren is by far the best character in the film, though he isn't by any means one of my favorite villains. Though neither is any other Star Wars character.

950Killer
Robert De Niro as the Fearless Leader in the movie The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.