Who has the best Hack power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Aquarian is a good one. Aquarian vs Leech?

riv6672
Whats a hack power?
Seriously.
I see the term used occasionally, usually in an unflattering manner, which makes me think its not being used right, like people calling anyone they disagree with a troll. stick out tongue

Khazra Reborn
I think when people say something is hax, or hacked or whatever, they mean it's over powered, can do basically what is needed for any situation, and is almost impossible to defend.

Then again, I'm an out of touch 30 year old, what do I know?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by riv6672
Whats a hack power?
Seriously.
I see the term used occasionally, usually in an unflattering manner, which makes me think its not being used right, like people calling anyone they disagree with a troll. stick out tongue

There is a character, and I cant remember his name (I think its Longshot or something like that), but his power causes extremely improbable events that favor him to occur...

For example, if he were fighting Dracula, Blade would literally just happen to be passing by at that exact moment and defeat Dracula for him...

That is a hax power; it can cause nearly anything needed for that character to succeed to occur and there is really no way to counter it...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I think when people say something is hax, or hacked or whatever, they mean it's over powered, can do basically what is needed for any situation, and is almost impossible to defend.

You are 100% correct good sir!

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Black Alice
Fantomex
Longshot
Aquarian
She-Hulk

riv6672
Interesting. Thanks guys.

Would speed steal fall under this category, considering the character that has the power is already the fastest man alive and shouldnt need it in the first place?

DarkSaint85
It can be defended against, however, if you're from the Negative Speed Force, or if you are capable of controlling your own timeline.

Which, in itself, is a hack power.

StyleTime
It's not that the character or ability is "overpowered", but requires specific powersets or strategies to defeat. Because they sidestep conventional fight logic, you'll likely need more than "Hulk Smash!" to beat them. Superman isn't hax, even though he is a very powerful character.

Fantomex is a popular example. His power does no direct damage but is very difficult to defend against. It can affect beings way outside of his paygrade, but there's people right in his own tier who could beat him.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It can be defended against, however, if you're from the Negative Speed Force, or if you are capable of controlling your own timeline.

Which, in itself, is a hack power.
^^^thanks, DS.
I'm thinking yes, then.
I say yes because the characters you listed arent unbeatable, just (in comics) hard to beat and (on a board) over hyped to the point they derail threads they're put in as posters just fall back on talking shit to each other/making more and more ridiculous claims/ignoring actual debate points...

I guess Midnighter's battle computer, speed blitz, Black Panther's suit, and probably Reed Richards in any kind of prep scenario fall under this hack umbrella.

Reed Richards might be the best one, though, to answer the OP question.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, super speed and super intelligence are two of the most difficult powers to argue against. Although, super intelligence is also difficult to argue for, without it turning into fanfic.

ghostman
telekinesis is the most haxx, ESPECIALLY high level tk, were talking matter manipulation, spacetime manipulation, reality bending, being able to mimic the physical stats of a brick, control over energy and in some cases being able to control thoughts, emotions, feelings etc the ultimate hax power

riv6672
Yeah, super speed and super intelligence are two of the most difficult powers to argue against. Although, super intelligence is also difficult to argue for, without it turning into fanfic.
LOL, so true on both counts.
When the first response to a thread starts out "Reed reaches into his closet..." Well, the tone is pretty much set.

staxamillion
the uber speedsters has become complete hacks imo. you would think they would make the magic users more Haxx but actually im surprised they aren't.

Thanos as well I throw into the intelligence haxx list. he's one of my faves but he he always has something up his sleeve already in the works or whatevs.

then there are people like karnak whose power is to see somethings weakpoint whether it be tactics, physical, emotional, etc

golem370
High Intelligence usually prep aka Batman or even Reed. Time Manipulation would be one imo of Doomsday's not being killed same way twice. Adaptation might also be one.

carver9
Blink, mimic, Amazo, Kitty Pride

carver9
I wonder how Aquarian would handle someone teleport ing a building into his stomach.

staxamillion
absorbing man I forgot about him

carver9
Originally posted by staxamillion
absorbing man I forgot about him

Cant get any Hax than him.

golem370
Carver did you say "teleport ing a building into his stomach" no no

DarkSaint85
How big is his stomach?

golem370
Maybe it's a combo hack power teleporter/matter manipulation or reality warping.

DarkSaint85
Or a shrinker, like the Atom or Pym

Not quite sure how it would, because doesn't teleportation involve energy?

staxamillion
legion

DarkSaint85
Atom is also pretty haxx, when you think of it.

staxamillion
yeah atom and Pym are pretty hax

carver9
Originally posted by golem370
Carver did you say "teleport ing a building into his stomach" no no

Well, attempt to do it. Blink can teleport objects, no matter the size and can even teleport it inside of people. I'm wondering what would happen if she attempted to teleport a building inside of Aquarian. Would his powers stop the attempt or would he explode from the inside out.

StyleTime
I disagree on intelligence being hax. It's a stat just like strength or speed. The winner of the typical fight is whoever wins the stat check. In a prep scenario, Batman vs Reed follows the same principles. We're comparing apples to apples, even in an intelligence showdown.

True hax bypasses that. Kitty Pryde isn't powerful, but she wrecks powerful bricks because she operates under an entirely different set of rules. She's like a basketball player who scores by throwing the ball out of bounds. She's playing a completely different game.

DarkSaint85
I think what I meant was more directed at the lazier poster, who says 'Batman finds a way', without saying how.

Against WW? Oh he does XYZ. Oh yeah he thought of that already. And that. And that. No, no matter what you post, Bat man has already planned for that.

staxamillion
IMO intelligence users are hacks because their "power" is basically knowing what to do in any situation, or being prepared for any situation. so whatever situation there is batman will be fine. that seems like haxx to me.

its like macguyver. sure you 'could' do all that but could they really without plot armor?

golem370
But intelligence didn't save Reed from being strecthed all over NYC by Gladiator because he had no plans for it. Batman didn't out think a broken back. Smarts are great but not so much in a random situation.

DarkSaint85
Because they don't get to use it - its like saying Flash's speed wasn't present when XYZ happened, therefore speed isn't hax.

If Reed or Bats has prep, its a hax power.

golem370
To me a hack power is always available thou and not something you have to build up too plus every can plan for things so nothing special about it.

DarkSaint85
Johnny Storm, Thing and IW with prep, vs Reed with prep.

They only get access to their own materials, no outside help.

1 day prep, who wins?

Reed will, even though, like you said, anyone can prep.

BP with prep, vs Absorbing Man with prep. Both get 1 week. Who wins?

Batman with prep, against Hal Jordan. Barry. Both get prep. Who wins?

golem370
But prep is not always an option which is my point. Batman vs Hal even with prep should go to Hal imo to many option with his powerset.

staxamillion
just because the power doesn't always make the character win doesn't mean its not haxx. if anything it makes all the other feats seem like even more haxx.

so bane is a better fighter bats? ok smarter too? ok

I get that there are limitations and 'everyone' in comics has a better. so having a couple L's does it stop it from being haxx.

sorry for double negatives

iceman24567
Nobody said Constantine yet? I'm surprised

DarkSaint85
But prep is not always an option which is my point. Batman vs Hal even with prep should go to Hal imo to many option with his powerset.

You think so?

What would Hal do with 1 week's prep, to win?

golem370
Originally posted by staxamillion
just because the power doesn't always make the character win doesn't mean its not haxx. if anything it makes all the other feats seem like even more haxx.

so bane is a better fighter bats? ok smarter too? ok

I get that there are limitations and 'everyone' in comics has a better. so having a couple L's does it stop it from being haxx.

sorry for double negatives

I am saying when there is no time for prep people like Bats or Reed most likely get their back broke against a superior foe

DarkSaint85
I am saying when there is no time for prep people like Bats or Reed most likely get their back broke against a superior foe

Yeah, but that's because they aren't using their intelligence.

It's like saying when there's no time for Leech, he gets his head blown off by a sniper. Does that mean Leech doesn't have a haxx power?

golem370
One is a power the other is a skill. Leech haxx power was over come by a sniper's shooting skill.

DarkSaint85
Lol, ok, Aunt May with a grenade.

golem370
Anyway. Leech vs Aquarian what happens?

DarkSaint85
Aquarian isn't a mutant, so he wins, surely?

staxamillion

but what could possibly keep them from the prep when it never has before. just because someone isn't invincible doesn't mean its anything. just because someone can prep better than him doesn't mean its not haxx.

and still I would argue it isn't the prep by itself that makes it because it has to deal with a chain of events happening in a certain way for the prep to work. so that the intelligence power works in a way that unless something 'random' happens then its a win.

riv6672
I think what I meant was more directed at the lazier poster, who says 'Batman finds a way', without saying how.

Against WW? Oh he does XYZ. Oh yeah he thought of that already. And that. And that. No, no matter what you post, Bat man has already planned for that.
This and youe subsequent posts were really a great example of why intelligence is a hack.
Just wanted to say i enjoyed reading them.

StyleTime
Well, I'm in the minority, but I guess I'm still not on board the prep = hax train.

We're dealing with internet neologisms, so there is no right answer; however, I feel like there's a distinction between hax, and "X character is more powerful." Reed outpreps people by intellectually outmuscling them. Everyone can prep, Reed is just better at it. Superman isn't hax just because he's physically stronger than his opponent. Likewise, Reed isn't hax just because he's smarter. There's nothing unique about these traits.

Hax refers to weird, out-of-left-field abilities that "break the rules" of combat. It was inspired by the idea of hacking after all. It's why Aquarian or Darwin are such good examples. If any of you are familiar with competitive gaming terms, they are the anti-meta characters. You want to throw down with them? Well, have fun. You've got to play by rules made only for them. Prepped Reed is still playing the prep game, he's just stronger at it.

You could argue he's overpowered, but that's different. Speedblitz fits in there too.

TheLordofMurder

You know, Intelligence may be the ULTIMATE superpower, because as you corrected pointed out, its an unbeatable trump card...

No matter what a given opponent can do, intelligence can be used to prep against it and negate it...

No matter what an opponent has thought of to do, "super intelligence" allows one to already have anticipated it and have a perfect solution for it...

Using Super Intelligence, Reed Richards defeated the goddamn Living Tribunal...

If that isnt a testament to how hax Intelligence can potentially be, then nothing is...

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
You know, Intelligence may be the ULTIMATE superpower, because as you corrected pointed out, its an unbeatable trump card...

No matter what a given opponent can do, intelligence can be used to prep against it and negate it...

No matter what an opponent has thought of to do, "super intelligence" allows one to already have anticipated it and have a perfect solution for it...

Using Super Intelligence, Reed Richards defeated the goddamn Living Tribunal...

If that isnt a testament to how hax Intelligence can potentially be, then nothing is...
laughing thumb up

StyleTime

I'd argue that is just overpowered, rather than hax, as it has no realistic counter. Some are using the terms interchangeably, which is my fundamental disagreement here.

But like I said, I guess it's just semantics. If that's how the forum decides to define hax, I guess that's that. lol

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by StyleTime
Well, I'm in the minority, but I guess I'm still not on board the prep = hax train.

We're dealing with internet neologisms, so there is no right answer; however, I feel like there's a distinction between hax, and "X character is more powerful." Reed outpreps people by intellectually outmuscling them. Everyone can prep, Reed is just better at it. Superman isn't hax just because he's physically stronger than his opponent. Likewise, Reed isn't hax just because he's smarter. There's nothing unique about these traits.

Hax refers to weird, out-of-left-field abilities that "break the rules" of combat. It was inspired by the idea of hacking after all. It's why Aquarian or Darwin are such good examples. If any of you are familiar with competitive gaming terms, they are the anti-meta characters. You want to throw down with them? Well, have fun. You've got to play by rules made only for them. Prepped Reed is still playing the prep game, he's just stronger at it.

You could argue he's overpowered, but that's different. Speedblitz fits in there too.

I'd argue that Intelligence does break the rules of combat...

Afterall, no matter what you can do or think of, your opponent has a perfect solution to all of it...

Why?

Because your opponent is super smart...

Its broken...

You cant surprise them...you cant harm them...you cant get the upper hand on them....nothing you do works against them.

Why?

Because they are supersmart and has an unbeatable solution for all of it.

In my minds eye, nothing can be more hax than that.

StyleTime
Prep is the game though, so it's within the rules. Another smartypants would prep battle them fine. There's no hax at play. If someone was immune to pre-planned attacks, then it'd be hax because they bypass the prep "rules." ...which gives me an idea for carver's make your own hero thread. mhmm

If we're talking one-sided prep, then I still disagree. It'd be like saying Hulk is hax because he starts the battle already punching his opponent.

riv6672
Okay that Hulk line made me lol...!

Surtur
The guy from Scanners used psychic powers to hack a computer once. He did it over a phone line, to boot.

B_Lnz64vXB8

Blair Wind
Black Alice
Fantomex
Longshot
Aquarian
She-Hulk

Yeah. How would you defeat all of those? smile

darthgoober
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Yeah. How would you defeat all of those? smile
Squirel Girl solos off panel lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.