Is Attack of the Clones better written than TOR??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
In Attack of the clones we see a profound romance between Anakin/Padme, the inception of the Clone wars, and Palpatine beginning to usurp power. With it's groundbreaking special effects, and wonderful acting from Hayden Christensen (his bursts of emotion, impetuousness, and breaking down at his moms death), we see one of the most underrated films of the SW saga. How do you think it compares to TOR? Do you feel any of the SWTOR protags go through a similar transformation as Anakin, or the political drama in AOTC is better than Vitiates Sith empire machinations/Zakuul?

Zenwolf
The expansions for TOR were really nothing more than seeing who had the biggest power....I mean....that's pretty much it.

The writing for it just...it was nowhere near as good as the Vanilla TOR imo.

DarthAnt66
I really like AotC, it's better than SWTOR.

SunRazer
AotC's still much better than the vast majority of TOR.

NTJack0
That isn't saying much, TORs story isn't good at all.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by NTJack0
That isn't saying much, TORs story isn't good at all.

SunRazer
No one said TOR's story is good. The question was whether AotC's better written than TOR's, which it is.

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah.

darthbane77
"I don't like sand".......yep, better writing for sure. AOTC sucks ass in every regard.

SunRazer
Better than "I make the rules", lmfao.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

nfactor1995
I guess I'm that one guy who doesn't hate SWTOR and its storylines lol.

Nephthys
Hell no.

MythLord
Yes, yes it is.

Azronger
Oh, most definately.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=44H0MVjBDtM

Nephthys
AotC is borderline unwatchable.

It's terrible.

Ursumeles
Terrible > TOR

McP
Besides terrible romance part, AotC is pretty good.

Fated Xtasy
Tbh as bad as AotC was in comparison to the OT and its successor. TOR was borderline stupid. The Trooper, Smuggler, Hunter and Agent stories were far more interesting but were obviously eclipsed by the DBZ esque bull of the Jedi Story(tbh I found the Barsenthor one ok and the Nox one was somewhat compelling if you played as a slave)

Not to mention that AotC held the force in a mystical and mysterious aura. While TOR was treated like... Well honestly? Like Dragon Age Magic. Aurbere and I were talking about this on Wednesday and yeah. The way the Force was portrayed betrays the entire principal of the Star Wars Universe and it feels so deeply and unnecessarily convoluted. The Vanilla game is at best comparable to TPM. But AotC at least stays true to its principals in regards to the Force and gave us some character development on our main hero, Anakin.

Just my two cents anyway.

ILS
Originally posted by Nephthys
AotC is borderline unwatchable.

It's terrible. I know.

And then you realise TOR is even more shit.

Darth Abonis
AOTC is better than TOR and that's not saying much

Nephthys
The hyperbole against TOR is honestly pretty ridiculous.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by darthbane77
"I don't like sand".......yep, better writing for sure. AOTC sucks ass in every regard.

He's right though.

It's course, rough, and it certainly does get everywhere.

ares834
I actually just rewatched AotC for the first time in years and I actually enjoyed it. confused It's far better than TPM and I may like it even more than TFA.

Needless to say, it's significantly better than SWTOR.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
I actually just rewatched AotC for the first time in years and I actually enjoyed it. confused It's far better than TPM and I may like it even more than TFA.

I'm pleased you're finally seeing the light smile

Honestly though, bad love story aside, AOTC has so much imagination behind it.. From the Coruscant chase, to Kamino, the Seismic charges, the droid factory, the Geonosia arena, and all the different species we see throughout.

Say what you will about Lucas, but he sure doesn't lack imagination.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I'm pleased you're finally seeing the light smile

Honestly though, bad love story aside, AOTC has so much imagination behind it.. From the Coruscant chase, to Kamino, the Seismic charges, the droid factory, the Geonosia arena, and all the different species we see throughout.

Say what you will about Lucas, but he sure doesn't lack imagination.
Yeah, aside from Anakin's derp moments and the romance, AOTC was really well done IMO...

And honestly, Anakin's derp moments and the romance are bad in a way that make them legitimately entertaining to watch.

Azronger
That shitty romance is actually in-character for Anakin, since he has no idea how to talk to women, being told to suppress all his emotions for the last ten years of his life.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ares834

Needless to say, it's significantly better than SWTOR. sick

SunRazer
I bounce between whether AotC or TPM belongs at the bottom of the franchise. TFA is definitely above either's paygrade, but I do agree on all of them being above TOR as a whole.

red8
AotC is the only Star Wars movie that I think is actually a bad movie.
It had a few good parts though. Obi Wan's detective story was cool and I really liked Anakin's scene when he's with Padme after killing the Sand People. I didn't really care for the battle in the arena or any of the Dooku vs Yoda stuff.

I've watched the cutscenes for some of the TOR character storylines and they seem pretty good for a video game.

I'm going to roll with TOR on this one.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by SunRazer
I bounce between whether AotC or TPM belongs at the bottom of the franchise. TFA is definitely above either's paygrade,

I will always respect TPM and AOTC more for coming up with their own thing. TFA ripping off ANH is just too... facepalm worthy

McP
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I will always respect TPM and AOTC more for coming up with their own thing. TFA ripping off ANH is just too... facepalm worthy
TPM can be respected only as a single movie. As a prt of the whole Saga is sucks.
Qui-Gon was a great chracter and very strong point of TPM. But was also meningless as a part of the Saga. It could be single knight, that would save the Queen at the beggining of the movie, then would meet Anakin on Tatooine, and decide, that he can train him (as well as Yoda would do). Qui-Gon was fine idea, yeah, especially with his connection to Dooku, and the whole line: Yoda-Dooku-Qui-Gon-Obi-Wan-Anakin. But they've got him far too much time. I'd rather exept more relationships between Anakin-Padme, Anakin-Obi-Wan and perhaps even Obi-Wan-Padme (in much less scale).
Anakin should be also around 16 years old. One actor should portray Anakin's character per all 3 movies.
Those two mistakes are unforgivable. The Clone Wars also should begin in TPM as well. One of the gretest conflicts in Canon's history, started at the end of second movie, and was atually finished at the beggining of the third? Bad idea in my opinion.

There is only one movie worse then TPM, and it's called TFA.

Petrus
I actually enjoy a lot of the protags' original content in SWTOR, in terms of story.

Imho, AotC sucks. It has some rescue-able elements, but I don't particularly enjoy Hayden's acting or the events occurring prior to the Geonosis arena.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.