Shows that need to be rebooted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

0mega Spawn
Don't bother typing an answer because there's only one answer.
And that show is Sliders

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d6/46/3f/d6463fd1a32a8cb1ca30d43a35f1cd5c.jpg

Amazing show but damn it did not age well laughing out loud

Feel free to give your own Choices lol.

samhain
The '90s War Of The Worlds TV show was so poorly made it was almost awesome. I'd like to see that redone. Also, given the fact that Ving Rhames played Kojak and that guy from Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. played Ironside in reboots I think now would be the perfect time for Forest Whitaker to redo Columbo.

marwash22
Charmed
The 4400

samhain
Yeah 4400 was good. I've always thought Lost would get redone or continued with a new bunch of survivors on the island. I wonder how many people are going to say Firefly?

The_Tempest
Angel/Buffy

Dreampanther
The Dresden Files.

marwash22
Originally posted by Dreampanther
The Dresden Files. YASSSSSSSSSS!

Flyattractor
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
And that show is Sliders

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d6/46/3f/d6463fd1a32a8cb1ca30d43a35f1cd5c.jpg

I would rather see a conclusion to the TOS Finale Cliffhanger myself.

Adam Grimes
Game of thrones bc it suxs.

Flyattractor
The Walking Dead cause its BOOOOORING, and it sux.

meh. Just cancel it.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Dreampanther
The Dresden Files.

I would love a proper Dresden Files tv show (or movie, for that matter), but doing it justice would need a pretty sizable budget, IMO. Plus, casting Harry would be an absolute b****. Only so many tall actors, who also have the right look, who could play him, and Paul Blackthorne is getting on in years.

Flyattractor
Megas:XLR

riv6672
Originally posted by samhain
...Also, given the fact that Ving Rhames played Kojak and that guy from Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. played Ironside in reboots I think now would be the perfect time for Forest Whitaker to redo Columbo.
Thats quite clever.
Whitaker even has the lazy eye that Falk had.
http://i.imgur.com/pkbRC5J.jpg

Originally posted by marwash22
Charmed
thumb up

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Game of thrones bc it suxs.
Sucky source material, sucky show, Grimey. yes

samhain
Originally posted by riv6672
Thats quite clever.

I know right? That, and the fact he is a black man are the reasons I've thought this for a long time. Whitaker's that good an actor I think he could do a rousing performance of Columbo.

staxamillion
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
And that show is Sliders

how did you know I was going to say sliders when I see the post!

I vote for

reaper
terminator: sarah connor chronicles
the cape
Chuck
Veronica Mars
Firefly

Flyattractor
Doctor Who...

....ohh wait.....

samhain
The A Team,
Harsh Realm,
Jeremiah,
The Prisoner (One better than the Jim Caviezel reboot at least),
Legend Of The Seeker,
Dungeons & Dragons cartoon.

Flyattractor
Thats quite clever.
http://i.imgur.com/pkbRC5J.jpg

Hopefully it will work out better for Forrest then it did when they tried it with poor Ving Rhames aka Kojak.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2005/Mar/25/il12a_b.jpg

riv6672
^^^Maybe the A-Team.

I know right? That, and the fact he is a black man are the reasons I've thought this for a long time. Whitaker's that good an actor I think he could do a rousing performance of Columbo.
Yeah, i was reallt intrigued by the idea/casting.
I passed iton to some friends on another site.

staxamillion
didn't they bring back macguyver? was it any good?

riv6672
It just had its winter finale.
I enjoy it, its a modern take on the character. Bigger supporting cast, some nice homages to the original.
Supposedly RDA is going to play this Mac's grandfather.

TheVaultDweller

Huh, wasn't aware of that. Would be pretty fitting though, seeing as he seems to have learned 90% of the stuff he does onscreen from his grandfather.

riv6672
^^^Agreed!

staxamillion
right on ill try to check it out over the holidays

BruceSkywalker
the flash

riv6672
haha

Surtur
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the flash

Why does it need to be rebooted?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
Why does it need to be rebooted?

the stories suck this season... they need to stop having him face a speedster, constantly lose early on and then barry all of a sudden beats him in the season finale

Surtur
constantly lose early on and then barry all of a sudden beats him in the season finale

Isn't this what happens in most super hero shows?

riv6672
Aside from the speedster thing, i'll stick with a general 'haha'.

Surtur
After Zoom last season I was tired of speedster villains, but then for some reason I don't actually dislike Savitar. I also enjoy having Thawne on Legends.

Though one annoying aspect of the show is that Flash can literally accomplish any goal as long as someone says "run Barry run" at the end of a pep talk.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
Isn't this what happens in most super hero shows?

yea but with the flash, it way too abundant.... plus he always neeeds a pep talk

riv6672
So no real reasons for a reboot then.

Ascendancy
Alien Nation
First Wave
Space: Above & Beyond
Starship Andromeda
Earth: Final Conflict

Really I probably need to go back and look at them all to see if I'm not just remembering things fondly, but they all seemed to have been well before their time, and overall have somewhat been a waste of really amazing actors because they really never got their due when they were out.

riv6672
The only one on your list i recall watching was Alien Nation, and i liked it. They came up with some neat concepts building in the movie.

Kazenji
I know there are plans for a remake movie for Alien Nation

so a new tv show is possible.

staxamillion
alien nation was real! I forgot all about that!

flash reboot? maybe. I don't like how barry gives up his identity to people but I guess its necessary if they are going to be on the show indefinitely. I feel like they tried to reboot Flash and Green Arrow with flashpoint but failed.

Green Arrow reboot probably should get a redo.

though i'll say I don't think im necessarily the demographic they are trying to snatch up anyways.

staxamillion
It just had its winter finale.
I enjoy it, its a modern take on the character. Bigger supporting cast, some nice homages to the original.

I checked out the Macguyver show... its ok. especially for CBS. ( im not really a fan) I saw the episode where they had to protect an accountant to get to terrorists. it was kinda funny too

Surtur
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Alien Nation
First Wave
Space: Above & Beyond
Starship Andromeda
Earth: Final Conflict

Really I probably need to go back and look at them all to see if I'm not just remembering things fondly, but they all seemed to have been well before their time, and overall have somewhat been a waste of really amazing actors because they really never got their due when they were out.

I remember back in the early 2000's the SyFy channel would air a different sci-fi series each day. Like 12 hours straight so you'd get like half a season of each series each day, but it would rotate each day. Since I missed my entire senior year in high school due to surgeries I was home and First Wave was always the show I'd look forward to watching the most whenever it would come on. I would tape the episodes when they aired so I could watch them on the days they would air a series I didn't like.

So yeah, I'd like to see a reboot. Hell I'd like to see the original series put on netflix.

riv6672
Originally posted by staxamillion
I checked out the Macguyver show... its ok. especially for CBS. ( im not really a fan) I saw the episode where they had to protect an accountant to get to terrorists. it was kinda funny too
Well, at least you didnt hate it!

Firefly218
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles on HBO or something like it. A really gritty horror show with elements of science fiction. Perfect reboot to bring Terminator back

cdtm
Magnum: P.I.

Maybe finally settle whether Higgins is Robin Masters.

riv6672
^^^Both good choices!

Flyattractor
Star Trek Voyager and StarGate Atlantis.

Make them both less Suckly.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by cdtm
Magnum: P.I.

Maybe finally settle whether Higgins is Robin Masters.

there was talk months ago that Magnum P.I. was going to get rebooted

Surtur
Freakylinks.

Flyattractor
Benny Hill needs to be rebooted. As long as its kept to just Sexy ladies.

Fuhin Beeootches can make their own show.

riv6672
there was talk months ago that Magnum P.I. was going to get rebooted
I wonder who they'd get to star?
The only mustache i can think of as epic as Selleck's is Nick Offerman's.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/022/3/5910590/il_340x270.576174043_k1b4.jpg

cdtm

Don "The Predator" Frye?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjAzNDE1OTUzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI3MzE2Mw@@._V1_UX90_CR0,0,90,90_AL_.jpg

About the right age to play a father of a grown woman, as they said the show will center around his daughter.

riv6672
What the f**k?

cdtm
What the f**k?

Hey, it's Magnum P.I. stick out tongue

Ultimate Fighters and wrestlers get roles all the time now. And acting shouldn't be an issue, just like with Ash vs Evil Dead, Frye can just be himself.

cdtm
I mean, look at that:

30yARV

That's totally something Magnum P.I. would say!

riv6672
Pass! laughing

Its intetesting if theyre gonna concentrate on his daughter though, where'd you hear that?

BruceSkywalker

it will feature women and african americans lol

riv6672
So, you're sexist and racist. Got it.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Star Trek Voyager and StarGate Atlantis.

Make them both less Suckly.

There was nothing wrong with Stargate Atlantis

Stargate Universe, I liked the idea for it but it went to shit after a while.

Surtur
Yeah, if you watch Atlantis long enough it grows on you. I also really did enjoy SGU and I thought it had an intriguing story line in terms of trying to go after someone/thing beyond this universe or whatever the hell they found.

But they never got the chance to flesh that.

cdtm
Pass! laughing

Its intetesting if theyre gonna concentrate on his daughter though, where'd you hear that?

Google searched Magnum P.I. reboot, and a bunch of articles came up about it.

If the show isn't really about Magnum, maybe Selleck can do it between Blue Bloods?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Kazenji
There was nothing wrong with Stargate Atlantis

Stargate Universe, I liked the idea for it but it went to shit after a while.

SGA was a good show, but IMO it just needed a few Tweeks to make it better.

BruceSkywalker
So, you're sexist and racist. Got it.

LMMFAO

riv6672
Originally posted by cdtm
Google searched Magnum P.I. reboot, and a bunch of articles came up about it.

If the show isn't really about Magnum, maybe Selleck can do it between Blue Bloods?
It'd be nice to see him reprise the role.

If its on CBS again maybe they can cross over with Hawaii 5-0, as the the original shows never could.

Firefly218
^ Do we really need another investigation procedural case-of-the-week show like Magnum PI? I mean we've already got a million CSIs and NCIS and Bones and whatever, it's all a bit dull IMO. I'd rather the networks try something interesting like what HBO just did rebooting WestWorld as a series. Something like that.

marwash22
'Dinner for Five'.

that was a great show and format.

The Hollywood Reporter does roundtable discussions with various actors, writers, directors, etc., but the conversations aren't organic and the moderator often times interrupts the flow. Jon Favreau did a great job bringing together seemingly random guests that resulted in really funny conversations and storytelling.

riv6672
Originally posted by Firefly218
I'd rather the networks try something interesting like what HBO just did rebooting WestWorld as a series. Something like that.
The networks dont work that way.
Ratings that will keep a show on the air on SyFy or HBO Starz wont hold up for them. 'Interesting' shows are often niche shows, with smaller audiences.

Originally posted by Firefly218
^ Do we really need another investigation procedural case-of-the-week show like Magnum PI? I mean we've already got a million CSIs and NCIS and Bones
Nothing inherently wrong with procedurals.
Often its not the cases its the camaraderie among the characters people tune in for.
Same applies to comedies of which there are many that follow the same badic formula.
Those type shows sell though, and are network staples because they do.

Anyhow, all CSI shows are off the air, of the 3 NCIS shows, NCIS LA is on its last season, and Bones is, too.
That takes you from a million and four to 2. stick out tongue

Firefly218
The networks dont work that way.
Ratings that will keep a show on the air on SyFy or HBO Starz wont hold up for them. 'Interesting' shows are often niche shows, with smaller audiences.

Nothing inherently wrong with procedurals.
Often its not the cases its the camaraderie among the characters people tune in for.
Same applies to comedies of which there are many that follow the same badic formula.
Those type shows sell though, and are network staples because they do.

Anyhow, all CSI shows are off the air, of the 3 NCIS shows, NCIS LA is on its last season, and Bones is, too.
That takes you from a million and four to 2. stick out tongue Yeah I get what you're saying but I'm not speaking from business feasibility, I'm speaking as an audience member what I'd like to see. Procedurals/sitcoms are the easy cash cow because they syndicate, but I don't find them interesting.

Networks can always green light another Monk or CSI whatever, but historically the most memorable and impactful things have been serials like Lost where people keep tuning back in to see what happens next.

riv6672
^^^So true.

Not sure how old you are, but as someone who lived through TV before Cable, the great thing is, at least now there are choices for viewers that dont like the same old. And thank God for that!

staxamillion
Well, at least you didnt hate it!

def has potential ill probably pop in from time to time

staxamillion
bring back Knight Rider but do it right this time

Brian547
All TV shows will probably get rebooted some day. Take L.A. Law as an example. Steven Bochco recently stated that he is developing an L.A. Law reboot for NBC this coming fall.

samhain
Street Hawk should get a reboot since no-one really remembers it, I swear I thought I had invented that show until Bravo ran it in the late '90s, none of my friends could remember it, I mean, it's basically Knight Rider with a bike!

shiv
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002)

Batman The Brave & The Bold

shiv
Street Hawk should get a reboot since no-one really remembers it, I swear I thought I had invented that show until Bravo ran it in the late '90s, none of my friends could remember it, I mean, it's basically Knight Rider with a bike!

YES

You Know This.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.