What era has the most biased fans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Whether its posters thinking Traya is a Vader-tier force user for killing fodder sith, or other odd claims what era produces the most biased fans/arguments? What are some of the dumbest claims you've read regarding power levels/skill feats for the era? Have the arguments made in defense of the characters from that time period been so bad that they've turned you off from ever reading/researching it?

The Merchant
2005 era kmc regarding the ancient Sith. Some things they've said were blatant lies.

Wait you meant sw era. Still the GOATS imo.

quanchi112
Ot era by far.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by carthage
Whether its posters thinking Traya is a Vader-tier force user for killing fodder sith, or other odd claims lol

Ursumeles
TOR or TotJ. smile

NewGuy01
TotJ is legit underrated tho

Ursumeles
Depends, lol.
KoTOR II and TotJ have much bias against and towards them, imo.

Unbowed
Anti-Maul trolls.

ILS
carthage era thumb up

carthage
I have no era I am beyond Star wars

Azronger
No era is biased in itself. There are biased posters in all eras.

quanchi112
Ot has the most.

The Merchant
Originally posted by Azronger
No era is biased in itself. There are biased posters in all eras.

Dawn of the Jedi gets no love from what I've seen.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by The Merchant

ILS wanks Xesh.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
ILS wanks Xesh.

You might even say it's his obxeshion.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Depends, lol.
KoTOR II and TotJ have much bias against and towards them, imo.

No, KOTOR II is just legitimately shiet in every way.

Trocity
Legacy is the most underrated era.

Kurk
OT and PT

Jmanghan
Honestly? People are more biased against a character that a specific person likes.

In one place, if you try to argue for them, they'll say that the character would get stomped.

In another thread, they'll say that same character would stomp the one they were arguing for.

Zenwolf
PT and OT, although these are eras that are vastly more explored with more characters that people would know in general.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Honestly? People are more biased against a character that a specific person likes.

In one place, if you try to argue for them, they'll say that the character would get stomped.

In another thread, they'll say that same character would stomp the one they were arguing for. Awful.

MythLord
TOR. Definitely TOR.

Azronger
Originally posted by The Merchant

True sad

Ursumeles
thumb up

I like DotJ tbh.

Azronger
thumb up

I like DotJ tbh.

Me too thumb up

Deronn_solo
New Jedi Order.

Mainly, because their debaters are all pretty terrible now that I left the nest.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
New Jedi Order.

Mainly, because their debaters are all pretty terrible now that I left the nest.
Bad debaters = biased?
mmm

MythLord
Bad debaters = biased?
mmm

Apparently...
Also, disagreeing =/= being terrible.

Deronn_solo
@Urs: Well, yeah. The_Tempest is bias as hell for Palpatine, his arguments are just so good, it can, objectively, still be viewed as an argument from someone with zero investment, or love for the character.

When you're bias, and your arguments are shit --- then, you look, y'know, just bias. The NJO debaters fit that niche perfectly.

Kyp approaching Kenobi as a duelist springs into mind.

MythLord
He does, though. erm

Deronn_solo
I rest my case.

laughing out loud

ILS
Everyone has biases as much as you try to detach yourself. What matters is the content of your argument.

That's why it looks like your average TOR fan is a frothing at the mouth fanboy, when they're no more biased than anyone else. They're just shit at hiding it.

Emperordmb
Shout out to the handful of people who get this reference:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, your mad bias dude

*Rick Santorum gets all up in your face*

What are you gonna do you bias fagget

MythLord
I rest my case.

laughing out loud

fite me irl

Besides, I'm much more a part of the PT brigade than I am of the NJO brigade, and I wank Kenobi more as he directly leads into wanking some of fav characters in the mythos(Dooku, Anakin, Mace, Vader, Krayt).

So you can't really accuse me of favouritism in this case when I wank Obi more than Kyp, probably.

Ursumeles
@Urs: Well, yeah. The_Tempest is bias as hell for Palpatine, his arguments are just so good, it can, objectively, still be viewed as an argument from someone with zero investment, or love for the character.

When you're bias, and your arguments are shit --- then, you look, y'know, just bias. The NJO debaters fit that niche perfectly.

Kyp approaching Kenobi as a duelist springs into mind.
Ehhhh....someone like LeG or Neph would probably see Tempest's arguments of Sidious > Valkorion, or something similar, as biased. Biased is something very subjective, obviously. What I am trying to say is, that in the opinion of LeG or Neph etc., Tempest arguments could objectievly also be sh!t.

To the When you're bias and your argument's are shit... didn't you yourself just separated Debating Ability and Bias? Or how do you mean it?
Well...potentially. I mean, citing the last debate between you and Wollf as example, it was only "Kit couldn't kill one of Sidious elite's" "Nah" "He can." No." etc.
I understand what you mean; there is to less explanation why these feats are impressive. (Well, I wanted to do an blog on something in this area as well, but I am lazy af lol).

Depends on your definition of "approaching".

Edit: @Wollf Compared to other forum members? Nah.

Deronn_solo
Probably not, probably so. But to that has zero investment in any of the characters , Tempest case are articulate, informative, and convincing.

Almost everything in the world is, at the end of the day, so I dunno the point of bringing this up.

Umm, actually I think my Temp example fits perfectly when that philosophy. I don't have to agree with his viewpoint to see they are top-notch cases, bias or not. It's just when you're bad, and so obviously bias, you look 100% worse.

That was an example of shit debating by both parties, yeah.

I had a much more detailed response saved on Google docs, but I'm not sure if I even want to bother finishing the debate.

Someone that approaches a top 15 duelist in the entire mythos needs better showings than chopping down fodder, getting stomped by Slayers, or accolades, that isn't inferior to Anoon Bondara.

I plead the fifth on that.

MythLord
@Wollf Compared to other forum members? Nah.

Wut?

Ursumeles
You have Kyp higher than most, by an big marigin.

MythLord
'Cuz Kyp is lowballed. mmm

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by ILS
Everyone has biases as much as you try to detach yourself. What matters is the content of your argument.

That's why it looks like your average TOR fan is a frothing at the mouth fanboy, when they're no more biased than anyone else. They're just shit at hiding it.

Didn't see this yesterday, but bingo.

|King Joker|
I think TOR and the PT are pretty equal when it comes to biases, tbh.

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah, same.

Freedon Nadd
The EU Lucas fanboys era.

Flyattractor
The Rogue One Era Fanboys.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by MythLord
TOR. Definitely TOR.

ILS
There's some astounding bias in the PT era, tbh. Not for the era itself but specific characters.

People go to surprising lengths.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.