The Walking Dead - Season 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
How far are you into it so far? Do you like it?

Impediment
I downloaded it last night and will play when I get home from work.

Ridley_Prime
I'll need some convincing before I get this, if I ever do. Season 2 was such a letdown compared to the first and I hated all the characters it introduced (others like Kenny just barely redeemed it). Not only that, but the end of S2 was the perfect way to let it end with dignity and be wrapped up, but of course another season had to happen since WD's a moneymaker, but after season 2 and the Michonne game which was even worse, I'm not feeling it.

Adam Grimes
But Jeezus is gonna make an appearance!

Ridley_Prime
He is? Interesting. I liked Glenn's appearance in the first episode of 1st season, and Jesus could take this a long way in being memorable, to a point. I'll just wait to see how well this season's received and stuff before I make a full decision on it, which frankly I should've done with S2 and Michonne.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I'll need some convincing before I get this, if I ever do. Season 2 was such a letdown compared to the first and I hated all the characters it introduced (others like Kenny just barely redeemed it). Not only that, but the end of S2 was the perfect way to let it end with dignity and be wrapped up, but of course another season had to happen since WD's a moneymaker, but after season 2 and the Michonne game which was even worse, I'm not feeling it. I liked season 2 in a lot of ways.

Season 1 will always be the winner, but meh.

Adam Grimes
He is? Interesting. I liked Glenn's appearance in the first episode of 1st season, and Jesus could take this a long way in being memorable, to a point. I'll just wait to see how well this season's received and stuff before I make a full decision on it, which frankly I should've done with S2 and Michonne. Do you follow the source material?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I liked season 2 in a lot of ways.

Season 1 will always be the winner, but meh.
Part of the problem was the choices you made mattered less and less to what ends up happening after S1, to the point they didn't mean shit long run, which kills the point of the experience for this kind of game. Giving you this illusion or facade that your choices matter is the worst offense a Telltale game can make.

On that note, I am curious if anything in S3 is affected by the choices you made in the last two seasons.

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Do you follow the source material?
To a certain extent, yeah. Like I saw enough of Jesus in the comics ahead of where the show currently is and Negan's well written backstory and stuff.

Jmanghan
Part of the problem was the choices you made mattered less and less to what ends up happening after S1, to the point they didn't mean shit long run, which kills the point of the experience for this kind of game. Giving you this illusion or facade that your choices matter is the worst offense a Telltale game can make.

On that note, I am curious if anything in S3 is affected by the choices you made in the last two seasons.

To a certain extent, yeah. Like I saw enough of Jesus in the comics ahead of where the show currently is and Negan's well written backstory and stuff. It does. Theres even specialized cutscenes based on what happened.

Choices... KINDA matter in S3.

I'd say Javi is more interesting then the other characters.

BackFire
Heard that so far it's good. Just don't know if I want to buy it now or wait for all the episodes to be out.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Jmanghan
It does. Theres even specialized cutscenes based on what happened.

Choices... KINDA matter in S3.

I'd say Javi is more interesting then the other characters.
Good to hear thumb up, but alas, since I initially played the first two seasons on a last gen system, and S3 will apparently only be on current gen according to recent news, I'll just be jumping in with randomly generated choices made even if I do get S3. =(

Jmanghan
Good to hear thumb up, but alas, since I initially played the first two seasons on a last gen system, and S3 will apparently only be on current gen according to recent news, I'll just be jumping in with randomly generated choices made even if I do get S3. =( S3 lets you pick your choices from the last two games before you start it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.