Apollo Vs Invisible Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/31666/2147973-apollo_3.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.
No amping/Doors (Apollo).
Midtown Manhattan.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/77/501406-invisible_woman_steve_mcniven08.jpg

Mindship
First impression: the golden Superman clone wins. I simply don't see Sue being on that level of power. But I could see it being a good fight, given these days what Sue can do with her forcefields (though, admittedly, sometimes I see her feats as over-the-top for "feminism's sake", so to speak).

NoctisOwen
I've only read wildstorm era Apollo, and he was at least herald level in authority

if nu52 apollo is anywhere close to that, this fight shouldn't be any problem

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Mindship
First impression: the golden Superman clone wins. I simply don't see Sue being on that level of power. But I could see it being a good fight, given these days what Sue can do with her forcefields (though, admittedly, sometimes I see her feats as over-the-top for "feminism's sake", so to speak).

Lol @ feminism. What over the top feats does she have?

Mindship
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol @ feminism. What over the top feats does she have? Didn't she once take down Galactus? Or was it a Celestial? I vaguely remember her imparting a significant blow to some oversized humanoid; and isn't she generally regarded as the most powerful member of the FF, even more than the Torch with his nova flame?

DarkSaint85
Celestial. But that was because she was their Kryptonite, I thought.

She also damaged Onslaught.

Sin I AM
Didn't she once take down Galactus? Or was it a Celestial? I vaguely remember her imparting a significant blow to some oversized humanoid; and isn't she generally regarded as the most powerful member of the FF, even more than the Torch with his nova flame?

Celestial. That Galactus she pierced was an alternate reality one. And even then he wasnt concerned. Sues powers are just an application of hyperspace which is what those big alien gods are made of. She is the most powerful member but that isnt saying mucj. Thing is a low end brick. He has heart but he's not really that impressive. Johnny more so...he is constantly owned. Reeds powers come in a distant second to his intelligence. So yes she's their big gun but i wouldnt call her over powered

StyleTime
Her ability is just plain strong. I'm not sure it's meant to be a social statement tbh, feminist or otherwise.

Mindship
Thing is a low end brick. He has heart but he's not really that impressive. Bummer that. I remember, back in the day, when he was second only to Hulk. *sigh*

Originally posted by StyleTime
Her ability is just plain strong. It's got nothing to do with feminism or any other social issue tbh. Again, waayyy back in the day, that wasn't the case. She's definitely been buffed since. But you may well be right.

Sin I AM
Meh. IW has always been kinda uber in her own right. Way back in IW she protected a shit load of heroes from a gamma bomb..even her early appearances had her shield withstanding thors mjolnir..albeit temporarily

DarkSaint85
It's not a buff, its just more creativity. Like Johnny with his flame powers....soon he was able to dehydrate people etc.

Thing is just a brick. Not much you can do, especially when you have characters like Hulk who will always be above him.

So you have creative writers, plus a serious mindset (which Johnny sometimes displays). Of course this equates to better showinga.

Sin I AM
Honestly would like to see johnny progress with his powers. Wonder y the never went the fire elemental angle

DarkSaint85
He's the comic relief. Like Ice man, until they made him all serious with his 'true' potential.

But if he did go that route, he'd have to vie with a serious Reed, a serious Sue, and a Thing who in battle is all about the serious. Johnny is all about the cocky attitude who rushes in, being a hothead.

Mindship
Agreed: Sue's forcefield has always been an effective defense; I do remember her even holding off the Hulk, again if temporarily. But back then, the applications were simple and basic. The main damage dealers were Ben and Johnny.

But you guys make good points: I could be mistaking creativity for power.

Nonetheless: Apollo still wins. stick out tongue

Delta1938
Thing is a low end brick.

Low end brick? While he's no Top-Tier, I wouldn't put him low end. I'd think of someone more around U.S.Agent as the strength level for "low end brick."

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Delta1938
Low end brick? While he's no Top-Tier, I wouldn't put him low end. I'd think of someone more around U.S.Agent as the strength level for "low end brick."

low class 100

zopzop
Hasn't Sue been written up lately? I seem to recall her effortlessly owning Dr. Doom and then rendering helpless the entire team of Avengers that included Hulk.

riv6672
Originally posted by NoctisOwen
I've only read wildstorm era Apollo, and he was at least herald level in authority

Yeah, was hoping for some feedback on that; i love his new look.

riv6672
Originally posted by NoctisOwen

I gotta ask, as i dont know the context, but is this Apollo's (DCnu) power level? It doesnt seem like anything Sue couldnt deal with.

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111271301/5218193-2187181488-25068.jpg

mighty adam
low class 100 i once heard knocking thing and namor aside was a feat they suppose to be these high end class 100 roll eyes (sarcastic)

spetznaz
Originally posted by riv6672
I gotta ask, as i dont know the context, but is this Apollo's (DCnu) power level? It doesnt seem like anything Sue couldnt deal with.

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111271301/5218193-2187181488-25068.jpg

Well - that is Martian Manhunter. Yes, MM jobs a lot, but the truth still remains that he is a top level character.

Maybe it is like a Ferrari 458 racing a Bugatti Veyron, and losing badly. This doesn't mean that the 'rrari cannot beat a souped Honda Civic.

riv6672
Uh...huh. stick out tongue

h1a8
It depends on Sues mindset (fighting smart and creative) and Apollo's speed at a particular small instant in time (his acceleration).

Sue can become invisible and fly around with a shield attacking Apollo. Sue can theoretically get many attacks on him before he can even find her. If he locates her then her shield should hold up to an attack. She then flys off and does the same thing. Apollo goes down eventually.

She's also like a green lantern lite. She can create sharp stabbing spears and ram them. She can always do the internal bubble thing, etc

Sin I AM
Originally posted by mighty adam
i once heard knocking thing and namor aside was a feat they suppose to be these high end class 100 roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thing isnt high end. Maybe years ago when marvel respected the F4 and hulk and him had a legit rivalry but nowadays no. Namor otoh has always been able to play with the big boys. Y he struggle with the likes of Black Panther is beyond me

mighty adam
Thing isnt high end. Maybe years ago when marvel respected the F4 and hulk and him had a legit rivalry but nowadays no. Namor otoh has always been able to play with the big boys. Y he struggle with the likes of Black Panther is beyond me in the water namor should be unbeatable. But on land he still a threat he has beaten hulk and trash the avengers. Plus namor has pretty good durability. Taking blows from thor and hulk. Namor needs a upgrade and more respect

riv6672
^^^He gave Thanos what for with a bloody lip i tells ya, Guvnah!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.