Maul's Peak - SoD?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I'm in an argument on FB with a guy that says that Maul's peak is in SoD?

Jmanghan
https://www.facebook.com/groups/642540295899151/permalink/740559582763888/?comment_id=741058379380675&reply_comment_id=741061592713687&notif_t=group_comment&notif_id=1482349809682382

Zenwolf
I don't see why not.

DarthAnt66
SoD, yeah.

ILS
le Rebels

NewGuy01
lol no tho

ILS
les rebellions

Darth Thor
There probably won't be much difference either way tbh.

UCanShootMyNova
There's not mcuh difference between any of the versions overall though I'd personally say SoD is Maul's prime from what we've seen.

ares834
SoD Maul may be a superior warrior. But Maul has clearly grown as a force user as evidenced by him now being capable of using Nightsister magick.

NewGuy01
Not sure if you're joking, but he clearly can't use nightsister magic. He needed the nightsister's spirits to do the magic for him. He then proceeded to run away from a random-nightsister-possessed Kanan, just for the record.

Darth Thor
In any case, that has little to do with his mastery of the Force.

ILS
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He then proceeded to run away from a random-nightsister-possessed Kanan, just for the record. He did that because he wanted Ezra to think there was nothing they could do for Kanan.

Unbowed
I always thought that Maul's most impressive feat was the (sadly) deleted scene from The Lawless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxrMEQlTMvs
No one, not even Yoda, ever did that to Sidious.

So yes, I'd say TCW/SOD Maul is at his peak.

McP
Most of members here isn't treat this as a canon source. For me it's otherwise, but I do not consider it as that impressive. More likly, it confirms my idea, that anyone can be caught off-guard.
Sidious had to split his attention to both, Maul and Opress. He focused himself on battering them, and lowered his defenses in a process.

Dooku was also caught off-guard by Opress, far inferior Force user. Both Anakin and Obi-Wan were catched by Ventress, also their inferior (at least Anakin's).

ares834
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Not sure if you're joking, but he clearly can't use nightsister magic. He needed the nightsister's spirits to do the magic for him.

We don't know the specifics.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
le Rebels

darthbane77
Yeah, SoD. I didn't actually know you were a member on Epic Battles. So now there's 5 of us I think.

darthbane77
Well, SoD and TCW are basically the same damn thing actually, so there's really no difference.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by darthbane77
Well, SoD and TCW are basically the same damn thing actually, so there's really no difference.

Theres a difference because he wasn't equally powerful throughout TCW. He grew in power.

So SOD is basically his agreed up on peak as of TCW.

That said I still personally think "Revival" Maul may have been his peak. Because that was his peak with those chicken legs.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ILS
les rebellions

Darth Thor
We've just not seen enough from Rebels Maul to say that tbh.

Fighting evenly with Ahsoka is his best feat. Impressive given that's Filoni's pet powerhouse, but at this point no more impressive than TCW/SOD Maul being a peer of Kenobi in his prime.

TheMuser
Maul himself admits hes weaker then he was......something I a missing here?

https://youtu.be/cOhjZXbBjdE?t=13

Emperordmb
Originally posted by TheMuser

I'm pretty sure that means power as in influence, since that's from when he ruled like 20,000 systems.

TheMuser
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm pretty sure that means power as in influence, since that's from when he ruled like 20,000 systems.

Maul Ruled 20,000 systems......How.....

Emperordmb
Maul Ruled 20,000 systems......How.....
My bad, 1500+

Mandalore ruled as the head of 1500+ neutral systems in the war, and Maul took over Mandalore.

Darth Thor

He didn't say power in the Force though. (Although his position in the galaxy was gained as a force user).

He's reminiscing of a time when he controlled his own little empire, had his own powerful Sith apprentice and most importantly gloated over Obi-Wan. Until Palpatine came and messed all that up for him.

Nephthys

Liking all the crazy tics in this clip, Mauls definitely going off the deep end.

ares834

TheMuser
Originally posted by Emperordmb
My bad, 1500+

Mandalore ruled as the head of 1500+ neutral systems in the war, and Maul took over Mandalore.

Ok Fair, but maul himself only ruled mandalore for a short time, also its not like mandalore could tell all these other worlds what to do right? particularly when you have maul in charge and the legitimate government removed?

Emperordmb
Ok Fair, but maul himself only ruled mandalore for a short time, also its not like mandalore could tell all these other worlds what to do right? particularly when you have maul in charge and the legitimate government removed?
Pre Vizsla stated that once Death Watch took over Mandalore, Mandalore's spot as the head of 1500+ systems would give Maul's criminal organization a lot of space to expand, so clearly even with their current government deposed, Mandalore would retain its spot as the head of those planets.

On top of this, sure the government was overthrown, but the new government was:
1. Supported by the people so it was hardly some oppressive regime the people approved of.
2. Officially headed by a political figure with Maul secretly ruling from the Shadows so Maul's involvement won't set off red flags for peeps.
3. Ultimately maintained Mandalore's neutrality in the Separatist/Republic conflict.

Emperordmb
And even those systems aside, Maul ruled over ****ing Mandalore, an army of mandalorian warriors, and was basically the absolute top dog in the criminal underworld with control of the Hutts, the Black Sun, and the Pykes, so... him referring to his power as absolute absolutely refers to a political POV IMO

Darth Thor
Yeah he was ruler of Mandalore and the criminal underworld.

That's way more power than he had at any other time in his life. In fact he went from Palpatine putting him on ignore to Palpatine saying I gotta take this guy out.

McP
That said I still personally think "Revival" Maul may have been his peak. Because that was his peak with those chicken legs.

Don't they made him less agile? Standard robotic legs seems to be more natural for him.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by McP

Don't they made him less agile? Standard robotic legs seems to be more natural for him.

Depends on the arena tbh. He did some cool cartwheel flips and stuff on the Turtle Tanker in "Revenge" but they probably hindered him for fighting in that tight cave on Florrum.

But their physical strength (enough to easily pin down Opress)must be an advantage in combat. Especially H2H

juggernaut74
What era did Maul do the mind reading feat? Kylo Ren was the first to do that on Poe in the Force Awakens that I know of in canon. That seemed pretty impressive.

cs_zoltan
Someone didn't watch Return of the Jedi.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
What era did Maul do the mind reading feat? Kylo Ren was the first to do that on Poe in the Force Awakens that I know of in canon. That seemed pretty impressive.

Rebels era. A few years before ANH.

Vader also learned about Leia being Luke's brother by reading his mind in ROTJ.

McP
Originally posted by Darth Thor
But their physical strength (enough to easily pin down Opress)must be an advantage in combat. Especially H2H
They were useful, but it should be noted, that Maul already stomped Savage, even before he used his legs to pin him to the ground.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
We've just not seen enough from Rebels Maul to say that tbh.

Fighting evenly with TCW Kenobi is his best feat. Impressive given that's Filoni's pet powerhouse, but at this point no more impressive than TCW/SOD Maul being a peer of Kenobi in his prime. Fixed it.

Darth Thor
Your fix doesn't make sense!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.