Clone Wars...Good?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John Murdoch
Two honest questions from a Star Wars fan who has never had anything to do with The Clone Wars series except for the Twisted Metal-type video game and the movie that was theatrically-released in August of 2008:

- Is Clone Wars (the TV Series/Comics and the lore that goes with them) good?

- How much better, if better at all, are they than the prequel trilogy? From what I've read on Wookieepedia's synopses and the threads on here, The Clone Wars sound like what the prequels should have been.

REXXXX
It steadily improves throughout the show, both in terms of content and animation. It starts off as a show aimed at children and steadily matures. Some of the story arches aren't all that interesting, but most episodes contain some good Star Wars sci-fi action.

Voice acting on point throughout.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by REXXXX
It steadily improves throughout the show, both in terms of content and animation. It starts off as a show aimed at children and steadily matures. Some of the story arches aren't all that interesting, but most episodes contain some good Star Wars sci-fi action.

Voice acting on point throughout.

Appreciate it, REXXXX. It's on my agenda to watch one of these days then.

Galan007
My thoughts pretty much mirror what Rexxxx said.

TCW really starts finding its stride toward the end of the 2nd season, and only gets better and better as the seasons progress. Imo.

Darth Thor
Adds a lot to the Prequel era. In fact Anakin Skywalker has become a fan favourite thanks to TCW.

Galan007
thumb up

It certainly added some much-needed depth to Anakin/Vader, as well as most other characters in the franchise.

REXXXX
I can agree with that. It provides some rationale to Anakin and deepens our understanding of his fear of loss and failure.

As Darth Thor said, it really fleshes out the era.

I think my greatest issue with Clone Wars initially was that I hoped for less time focused on Anakin and Obi-Wan, but you eventually start to branch away from them occasionally or get a few good story arcs with them.

Surtur
It's not good, it's great. The series is everything Star Wars should be. One second it can be a light hearted adventure, the next it can turn very dark.

What sticks out for me is the story that takes place over 3 episodes where they meet those beings who are embodiments of different aspects of the force.

Also I would recommend checking out the other Clone Wars cartoon. There have been two. You have the CGI series which lasted 6 seasons. But you have the series created by the guy who did Samurai Jack. Those eps are 3-5 minutes in length, but there are a lot of them.

REXXXX
The Mortis story is very distinctive, compared to the rest of it. The show mainly focuses on the war, but the Mortis arc focuses on Anakin's role. I liked it.

Loved the Gendy Tartakovsky shorts.

ares834

The_Tempest
It's also better than Rebels, when it's not shit.

Darth Thor
I really liked Rebels in its first season. Where it went wrong (IMO) is it just brought in too many movie and TCW characters, and did so too early in its run.

And now it's like they can't do a good episode without Maul or Vader.

John Murdoch
Appreciate the feedback everyone. I had read up a little on some of the characters/plotlines, and, again, it sounded like what the prequel movies should have been like.

Then I saw the Foreign Cinema thread with Durge in it, which caused me to find out who this Durge fellow is...man, why didn't a monster bounty hunter like him duke it out with Anakin and Obi-Wan in the movies?

Darth Thor
Durge is from the non-Canon clone wars series. The main canon one doesn't have Durge.

queeq
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I really liked Rebels in its first season. Where it went wrong (IMO) is it just brought in too many movie and TCW characters, and did so too early in its run.

And now it's like they can't do a good episode without Maul or Vader.

Hmmm... good point. I never liked Maul being back, even in TCW. Move on, create something new.

Vader's allright to me though. And I still enjoy Rebels.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by queeq
Hmmm... good point. I never liked Maul being back, even in TCW. Move on, create something new.

Problem is nowadays the Maul episodes are the only good ones.

S1 is my favourite season of Rebels. And It didn't need Vader or Maul.

John Murdoch
Durge is from the non-Canon clone wars series. The main canon one doesn't have Durge.

Ah, gotcha Darth, thank you.

And thanks to everyone again for all the info. Time to get to watchin'.

Darth Luminous
Then I saw the Foreign Cinema thread with Durge in it, which caused me to find out who this Durge fellow is...man, why didn't a monster bounty hunter like him duke it out with Anakin and Obi-Wan in the movies?

It would make you wonder why Dooku was messing around with relatively Average-Joe Jango Fett if they had access to a character like Durge.

Rockydonovang
both clone wars' are great
but i show that deerves way more love than it gets is star wars:droids(not droid tales)

queeq
Problem is nowadays the Maul episodes are the only good ones.

S1 is my favourite season of Rebels. And It didn't need Vader or Maul.

I agree. SW is at its best when it's a) a good story and b) original.

Jedireaper
The Clone ark in the latter season on TCW was amazing think it was an early series 6 episode about "organic chips in the brains"? I am not sure if I am right here granted.

Darth Thor
Yes excellent arc in a great show.

For people who think TCW was all Filoni and had little to do with Lucas, just look at the difference in quality between TCW and Rebels.

Petrus
TCW >> Rebels tbh.

Flyattractor
Both are really MEH at best ....imo.

thesithmaster
TCW is very good. Maul story arcs were fantastic, action always good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.