Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher Dies aged 60

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher has died in hospital aged 60 after suffering a massive heart attack.

So SAD SHES GONE !! RIP sad sad Star Wars will never be the same again

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/star-wars-actress-carrie-fisher-dies-in-hospital-aged-60-after-suffering-massive-heart-attack/ar-BBxCMwn?li=BBoPRmx

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, just read about it.

Awful year. RIP Princess Leia.

Total Warrior
Just heard about it. I'm very sad, it was kinda unexpected. She was, and always be, a wonderful princess sad riposa in pace carrie

BruceSkywalker
She is one with force.. May she rest in peace.. She will be missed

REXXXX
Wow, what a bummer. 2016 hasn't been kind.

queeq
Sad news! She will be long remembered!!

Lord Lucien
Cracked article from last year mentioning how Fisher worked as an uncredited script doctor for many films, including Hook, Lethal Weapon 3, Sister Act, Last Action Hero, Scream 3, and even the Prequel Trilogy.

JediRobin23
So very sad....still can't believe it....

She will be missed.....

queeq
Yes, she will.

coolmovies
I wonder what they gonna do for EP IX ??

Darth Thor
Originally posted by coolmovies
I wonder what they gonna do for EP IX ??

They'll obviously just write her out.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Thor
They'll obviously just write her out. If they do that, the terrorists win. They need to make her the main star of Ep. IX.

Darth Thor
Urm.. Don't think terrorists were involved with this one.

But I'm sure Muslims and Immigrants are laughing about it anyway, because they're all so evil.

Lord Lucien
They knew that Star Wars was one of the few things that holds Western society together. If they could strike at our space princesses they might be able to take us out. Crafty f*cks...

coolmovies
ANOTHER SAD NEWS HER MUM HAS DIED TOO !

Debbie Reynolds -- who rose to stardom in "Singin' in the Rain" and quickly became a staple among Hollywood royalty -- died Wednesday as a result of a stroke, TMZ has learned ... just one day after her daughter Carrie Fisher passed away ... this according to her son Todd.

Debbie was rushed to a hospital shortly after 1 PM when someone at the Beverly Hills home of her son, Todd, called 911 to report a possible stroke. We're told Debbie and Todd were making funeral plans for Carrie, who died Tuesday of cardiac arrest.

Debbie famously divorced Eddie Fisher in 1959 after his affair with Elizabeth Taylor. Debbie married 2 more times in 1960 and 1984.

She played iconic roles in "Tammy and the Bachelor" and "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" ... for which she earned an Oscar nomination.

Carrie's relationship with Debbie was the focus of Carrie's semi-autobiographical book, "Postcards from the Edge," which was later adapted for the big screen, starring Meryl Streep and Shirley MacLaine.

Debbie's survived by her son Todd, who tells us, "She's with Carrie."

She was 84.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/28/debbie-reynolds-dead/

I feel sorry for Todd who has lost a mother and sister within 2 days

JediRobin23
Sound like she died of a broken heart. Guess that proves that Padmes fictional death in episode 3 could happen

Strange indeed...

Darth Thor
^ Oh yeah people made fun of that in Ep.3 but it actually does happen.

And the irony and freakiness that it should happen to Princess Leia's mother in real life as well.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Sound like she died of a broken heart. Guess that proves that Padmes fictional death in episode 3 could happen

Strange indeed...

Yeah it's a real thing, it's called Takotsubo cardiomyopathy AKA: Broken heart syndrome.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Yeah it's a real thing, it's called Takotsubo cardiomyopathy That's a lot of letters to spell "contrived".

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
That's a lot of letters to spell "contrived".

I'm not the one who came up with the name. /Shrug

queeq

When you're 84 and your daughter, whom you have lived next to fro most of her life, has died... then yes.

In case of Padame... no.

JediRobin23
The age would be the only difference.

Darth Thor
Also Padme was choked into unconsciousness before being induced into labour. I'm not a woman but I've heard those can be particularly vulnerable times in general.

JediRobin23
Broken heart could be the wrong terminology. Losing the will to live was what was mentioned with Padme in episode 3

queeq
After having given birth to two children... I don't buy it.

Lord Lucien
It's almost like it was contrived for plot convenience. Or something. But that can't be it, because space battles and AT-ATs are cool, so the movie is good.

wait

queeq
"Star Wars Ep1-3: Contrived for Plot Convenience" - that could have been a great title for the entire PT.

Beniboybling
I'm not a womanwhy you always lyin?

queeq
laughing out loud

KDY Executive
Requiescat in pace, Carrie. You will be remembered.

I actually thought the sad news was a hoax because just a day or so before that, they reported she was stable and I made a sigh of relief then.

queeq
Yup... her death was unexpected after that news.

Darth Thor
Not really. The word "stable" just sounds good, but the reality was she was on life support. She likely never woke up again after the heart attack.

queeq
Hmmm... yeah didn't think of that. It sounded more reassuring at the time.

JediRobin23
All I heard was her heart stopped for like 10 minutes, then was revived. Hearing that did not give any comfort that she would continue to live

Lord Lucien
Did you guys hear that Judith Barsi was shot in the head by her father? Who also killed her mother, set fire to their bodies, and then shot himself?

queeq
Euh... whaaat?

Lord Lucien
I'm bored of Carrie Fisher. So let's talk about the infanticide/double-murder/suicide of the 10 year old girl who voiced Ducky from the first Land Before Time.

queeq
Ah, good point.

coolmovies
Star Wars' makers vow not to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher

The studio behind the Star Wars movie franchise said today it has no plans to digitally recreate film performances of the late actress Carrie Fisher, best known for her role as Princess Leia,

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/entertainmentmovies/star-wars-makers-vow-not-to-digitally-recreate-carrie-fisher/ar-AAlRpOn?li=BBoPJKU

Lord Lucien
Her death will provide a perfect opportunity to have Leia appear in Ep. IX via hologram, Tupac-style.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by coolmovies
Star Wars' makers vow not to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher

The studio behind the Star Wars movie franchise said today it has no plans to digitally recreate film performances of the late actress Carrie Fisher, best known for her role as Princess Leia,

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/entertainmentmovies/star-wars-makers-vow-not-to-digitally-recreate-carrie-fisher/ar-AAlRpOn?li=BBoPJKU Good.

Not really. The word "stable" just sounds good, but the reality was she was on life support. She likely never woke up again after the heart attack. Yeah, it was confirmed she never regained consciousness after the heart attack.

queeq
Her death will provide a perfect opportunity to have Leia appear in Ep. IX via hologram, Tupac-style.

Aha good one.

But err... they already HAVE recreated her digitally. In R1.

Lord Lucien
But in Star Wars we have holograms as part of that universe, so having CGI Leia pop up can be conveniently shoved in and masked behind that previously established visualization. It's genius!

JediRobin23
But in Star Wars we have holograms as part of that universe, so having CGI Leia pop up can be conveniently shoved in and masked behind that previously established visualization. It's genius!

Not really. They will never get the voice right......
Unless they cgv (computer generated voice) leia

Lord Lucien
Not really. They will never get the voice right...... Sure they can. Voice acting and mimicry isn't a work of the divine. Ingvild Deila was used in Rogue One for Leia, and they were perfectly able to get Longinus from Rome to do Tarkin. Bob Bergen voiced Luke Skywalker for years in video games and I could barely note the difference. Tom Kane's been doing the voice of Yoda for years, the late Ian Abercrombie did a wonderful job as Palpatine, and James Arnold Taylor IS the voice of Obi-Wan. And if Disney gets off their ass and hires Anthony Ingruber, they would have the perfect vocal and visual imitation of young Han Solo.

Voice acting is one of the easiest elements to replace due to the comparative ease of skilled mimicry. Just listen to this spot-on imitation of Christopher Lee's voice at the 1:07 mark by just some under-appreciated YouTuber:

iBpdKkbvrko

JediRobin23
Tarkin was ok........
Palpatine was the emperor....

queeq
Sure they can. Voice acting and mimicry isn't a work of the divine. Ingvild Deila was used in Rogue One for Leia, and they were perfectly able to get Longinus from Rome to do Tarkin. Bob Bergen voiced Luke Skywalker for years in video games and I could barely note the difference. Tom Kane's been doing the voice of Yoda for years, the late Ian Abercrombie did a wonderful job as Palpatine, and James Arnold Taylor IS the voice of Obi-Wan. And if Disney gets off their ass and hires Anthony Ingruber, they would have the perfect vocal and visual imitation of young Han Solo.

Voice acting is one of the easiest elements to replace due to the comparative ease of skilled mimicry. Just listen to this spot-on imitation of Christopher Lee's voice at the 1:07 mark by just some under-appreciated YouTuber:

iBpdKkbvrko

Even Final Cut Pro now has a function where voices can be mimicked if you want to make cuts in an interview or something. I doubt that'd be the problem itself. It's prolly more the acting and intonation that requires more work. After all, Carrie is gone and so is her uniqueness.

JediRobin23
Dissapointing for sure. Is Star Wars ruined anyway? It's the first time there limited without having all the potential actors...

Zenwolf
RO did well without them.

Although this is kinda strange yes, since Han is dead, Leia is probably gonna die now and Luke is the only one left.

JediRobin23
If you ever see mark hamill, waking across the street, keep your eyes out for a gun, suspected terrorist, or a fregin meteor from the sky, jump in front of it to absorb the energy. If god hurts him, he hurts us all......

Lord Lucien
Disney has said these movies will continue annually for literal decades. If that happens, the style and stars of the franchise NEED to change. I don't call that being ruined, I'd call it moving on and hopefully doing something new and different.

Palpatine was the emperor.... Yes... he was...

??

Beniboybling
iBpdKkbvrko laughing out loud

JediRobin23
I will heartlessly say, that they should write her out with episode 8.

Just too bad that they need to do so....

Lord Lucien
All of her scenes were already filmed by the time she died. They may decide to cut in an explanation as to her whereabouts from then on, but that really runs the risk of feeling forced and shoehorned. Probably better to leave it til EP. IX.

Darth Luminous
Sure they can. Voice acting and mimicry isn't a work of the divine. Ingvild Deila was used in Rogue One for Leia

Not for the voice.

queeq
moving on and hopefully doing something new and different.

This!!! thumb up thumb up

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Luminous
Not for the voice. True, it was archival.

queeq
Nice.

JediRobin23
So.....

How are they gonna make this happen...

She and 10 others with the resistance.....escape.......Poe noticed it.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.