Do you take Maul seriously as a threat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
With constant jobbing, lack of powerful force abilities, and not being as powerful as Vader or Dooku- do you think Maul is the biggest toothless tiger in the mythos? Has Maul been ruined irrevocably since his debut in The Phantom Menace, to where he's become a joke and feeb compared to other Sith? What could Filoni do to rehabilitate Mauls image?

Zenwolf
At this point nothing given where it's obvious he's headed...to his death, eventually. He can't go and kill the Ghost crew because plot, so essentially he's stuck until his death.

Being honest here, why they brought him back for TCW I have no idea really. I mean he had a good arc with TCW for sure...but I don't really see why it couldn't have just been Savage, Ventress and Dooku as the Dark Siders for TCW...bringing in Maul just....idk, it feels like they could have still done TCW without him.

He was great in TCW, but you knew he wasn't gonna be able to really go anywhere given that the timeline had already been laid out, the same with Rebels. He's in like this small room, he can only go so far before he hits a wall and can't really do anything to get outside of the room.

The Merchant
Maul>ANH Vader at least.

Darth Thor
He's gonna go out as a clear equal to Kenobi.

Take that as you will as good or bad.

NTJack0
Originally posted by The Merchant
Maul>ANH Vader at least. http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

UCanShootMyNova
In Rebels? Nah not really honestly.

In the new comic series? I think he's actually a threat to whoever his opponents are.

MythLord
Padawans!

Darth Thor
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
In Rebels? Nah not really honestly.

Combat prowess aside, the guy almost gained control of a Sith Battle Station years before the first Death Star was completed. Then in the next episode he knew exactly how to gain Ultimate Knowledge.

Just going by that he's definitely a major threat to the Sith and Jedi (In-Universe), problem is that Out of Universe, we know he can't achieve anything due to plot.

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah, that's what I mean.

Kurk
Carthage I hope you run into Maul IRL and tell him what you think of him before he puts his boot under your chin and snaps your vertebrae back.

ares834
As a threat? No, not really. But that's less because of his power level and more because of how he is written. Still every time he shows up shit goes down.

Darth Abonis
He's a joke. He got beat by freakin Kanan, showing his dueling skills have atrophied considerably and spends all his time obsessing with Obi-Wan. He has no life and no purpose.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
He has no life and no purpose.

Not true. His purpose is to make ILS erect.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Not true. His purpose is to make ILS erect.

I'd like to see this. For Academic Purposes mmm

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Just going by that he's definitely a major threat to the Sith and Jedi (In-Universe), problem is that Out of Universe, we know he can't achieve anything due to plot.
Originally posted by ares834
As a threat? No, not really. But that's less because of his power level and more because of how he is written.

thumb up

juggernaut74
Why is losing to Kanan so laughable? He's one of the last remaining Jedi in a galaxy that is hunting his kind to extinction. Being one of the last Jedi standing out of 10,000 he must be doing something right. Only Master Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi can claim this, and those two are hiding while Kanan is still fighting the good fight.

As for the thread, Maul is a threat that even Sidious recognized as I believe the word Sidious used was "rival".

Fated Xtasy
It's not so much laughable but rather the rough estimates of power levels given to us(I.e Inquisitors being on par with Jedi Knights where as against masters they will usually fail and the Grand Inquisitor being roughly on par with Ventress on his best day) make Maul's failure against Kanan seem out of place given how he briefly clashed with Mace Windu and Kenobi at different occasions respectively. It seems pretty evident that Maul allowed his skills to atrophy, that coupled with his loss to an injured Kanan has lowered his standing significantly.

Although Rebels is still going, so we will see if anything changes.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
It's not so much laughable but rather the rough estimates of power levels given to us(I.e Inquisitors being on par with Jedi Knights where as against masters they will usually fail and the Grand Inquisitor being roughly on par with Ventress on his best day) make Maul's failure against Kanan seem out of place given how he briefly clashed with Mace Windu and Kenobi at different occasions respectively. It seems pretty evident that Maul allowed his skills to atrophy, that coupled with his loss to an injured Kanan has lowered his standing significantly.

Although Rebels is still going, so we will see if anything changes.
So hold on a second... you actually take the Kanan Maul thing as a serious indication of how they'd fare against each other in a legit fight?

Cause Maul fought fairly evenly against Ahsoka who held her own pretty solidly against Vader, then Kanan, Ahsoka's obvious vast inferior, beats Maul extremely quickly and throws him off a cliff...

It should be extremely obvious that that incident was bullshit and not an accurate gauge on how Maul and Kanan stack up.

juggernaut74
I doubt Vader was trying to kill Ahsoka.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I doubt Vader was trying to kill Ahsoka.
I don't have the quote but Filoni said he was.

juggernaut74
I didn't know that.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Emperordmb

It should be extremely obvious that that incident was bullshit and not an accurate gauge on how Maul and Kanan stack up.

It SHOULD be obvious, but Filoni has gifted Maul haters everywhere with all the ammo they will ever need with that 1 scene.

Fated Xtasy
So hold on a second... you actually take the Kanan Maul thing as a serious indication of how they'd fare against each other in a legit fight?

No I said that his loss to Kanan stands out as out of place as a gay guy at a Chick Fil A.

Where am I denying that this wasn't the case at all?

Yeah. What I said was that it appears laughable because of the very rough estimates of power of the enemies of Kanan make them out to be very vague at best and thus Kanan beating Maul leaves us scratching our heads thinking "wait what how?"

So because we know so little of the Inquisitors besides what we've seen for the last season the forums have seen Maul take a nosedive in the overrall placement on combative listings. I was merely explaining why people see Maul as a laughing stock. Never did I say I personally believe that any of it is true.

Emperordmb
My bad then, your statement seemed to imply you saw that as proof that Maul's skills atrophied.

juggernaut74
The Inquisitors goes from getting their ass kicked by Ahsoka to being able to hold their own for a pro-longed fight. It's the way of things.

I think Kanan is being lowballed. He's a survivor just like Maul.

Fated Xtasy
My bad then, your statement seemed to imply you saw that as proof that Maul's skills atrophied.
No harm, no foul.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by juggernaut74
The Inquisitors goes from getting their ass kicked by Ahsoka to being able to hold their own for a pro-longed fight. It's the way of things.

I think Kanan is being lowballed. He's a survivor just like Maul.

Kanan is definitely low balled.

Darth Thor
^ Well yeah I mean for 1) all the "Maul lost to another " Padawan" Lmao..

Like it was made explicitly clear 3 episodes earlier that he's a full fledged Knight now.

UCanShootMyNova
People who don't actually watch the show...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.