Star Wars Rebels End of Season 3 and Beyond

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hutchy1345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upN-7ALj2OU

Thoughts?

Zenwolf
Aside from a few problems I have(though this is just Legends nagging at me), that was pretty nice.

|King Joker|
Sabine is so boring

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Sabine is so boring

Better than Ahsoka at least

|King Joker|
Sabine on her best day < TCW movie Ahsoka

DarthDuelist9
Doubt it

carthage
"You're in the wrong place"

Zenwolf
I'm also not big on seeing Mon Cal ships in Rebels and RO...

MythLord
Obi vs Maul hype!

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
God that was sexy.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by MythLord
Obi vs Maul hype! yes

hutchy1345
Originally posted by Beniboybling
yes

Only problem is we know the outcome

But I guess we thought that with Vader and ahsoka and it didn't turn out that way

hutchy1345
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Aside from a few problems I have(though this is just Legends nagging at me), that was pretty nice.

May I ask what they are out of interest?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Only problem is we know the outcome

But I guess we thought that with Vader and ahsoka and it didn't turn out that way Maul will win, yeah. smile

hutchy1345
Maul will win, yeah. smile

Em... yeah
laughing

cs_zoltan
Maul fans should be happy, every time Kenobi beats someone they come back even more powerful.

Krayt, Vader, and Maul once already.

Zenwolf
May I ask what they are out of interest?

The Dark Troopers being smaller, unless these are the Phase 1s, but they look more like the Phase 2 and being easily taken out if Thrawn is any indication training against them. When in Legends, the Dark Troopers were pretty much nigh-indestructible.

The lightsaber being turned into just a glorified glow sword that anyone can pick up and use like a regular sword without superhuman/cybernetic stats. Of course this started in TCW with Vizsla, then TFA and now Rebels.

But it's just Legends continuity nagging at me.

Also not being a fan of seeing Mon Cal ships entering the scene this early in the Rebellion, ROTJ always struck me as the Rebellion being at the pinnacle of resources where they showed these big ships, a formidable force.

MythLord
Actually TFA has Finn having trouble adapting to the lightsaber's unique settings the first time he's used it against Nines(TR-8R).
Though later he seems to adapt when he's fighting Ren.

Beniboybling
Em... yeah
laughing smh, you'll see.

Beniboybling
The Dark Troopers being smaller, unless these are the Phase 1s, but they look more like the Phase 2 and being easily taken out if Thrawn is any indication training against them. When in Legends, the Dark Troopers were pretty much nigh-indestructible. They're not Dark Troopers, they're Imperial sentry droids.

hutchy1345
The Dark Troopers being smaller, unless these are the Phase 1s, but they look more like the Phase 2 and being easily taken out if Thrawn is any indication training against them. When in Legends, the Dark Troopers were pretty much nigh-indestructible.

The lightsaber being turned into just a glorified glow sword that anyone can pick up and use like a regular sword without superhuman/cybernetic stats. Of course this started in TCW with Vizsla, then TFA and now Rebels.

Also not being a fan of seeing Mon Cal ships entering the scene this early in the Rebellion, ROTJ always struck me as the Rebellion being at the pinnacle of resources where they showed these big ships, a formidable force.

Fair enough but they've established the dark saber as a relatively big thing for mandalorians

hutchy1345
smh, you'll see.

How is Maul going to win?

Beniboybling
With his lightsabur, yeah.

Zenwolf
Fair enough but they've established the dark saber as a relatively big thing for mandalorians

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the Darksaber either, because it started this whole mess.

Again Legends nagging at me.

Canon wise it's fine.

Zenwolf
They're not Dark Troopers, they're Imperial sentry droids.

Oh really? Oh thank The Force for that..

Zenwolf
Also one thing....are they really gonna make the Obi-Wan vs Maul fight a Mid-season thing??...I would have thought it'd be a Series Final thing.

cs_zoltan
Lmao

Beniboybling
That's not what mid-season trailer means. smile

Zenwolf
I know that...what I'm saying is, they are gonna put it in Season 3 instead of it being a Series final thing. Unless it's been confirmed that Season 3 is the final season.

cs_zoltan
No you don't. Mid-season already happened with the Dathomir episode.

Zenwolf
I do, pardon my wording.

Beniboybling
If you mean as the final episode of Rebels, that would be dumb, as it's not really at all about Kenobi and Maul's rivalry, this is just tying up loose ends.

Zenwolf
There seems to be a lot of loose ends for sure.

ares834
Also one thing....are they really gonna make the Obi-Wan vs Maul fight a Mid-season thing??...I would have thought it'd be a Series Final thing.

smokin'

hutchy1345
The Series finale will probably tie into rogue one

Also the do have lots of loose ends
Ahsoka etc
And I would love to see Ezra and Kanan fighting Vader again when they are a bit stronger, maybe Season 4 or 5 and putting up a decent challenge, maybe they go down fighting or something idk

DarthAnt66
Looks terrible besides Maul v Kenobi.

DarthDuelist9
You are terrible

DarthAnt66
ok

ares834

DarthAnt66
The show was everything it shouldn't have been, and nothing it should have been.

They failed to make a compelling show between a band of Rebels against the Empire.

At this point, it's just wrapping up TCW and Rogue One easter-eggs.

Kurk
I didn't know Thrawn was in great shape and can kick ass of his own

2. Sabine is an interesting character; much better than early TCW tano

And let's finally put Maul out of his misery

Zenwolf
Thrawn was pretty good at personal combat in the EU too, though he used his mind more there.

Emperordmb
If Ant's being honest, he'll change his sig to "Christmas 2017"

Kurk

But wouldn't you agree that Vizsla is a skilled warrior with the weapon? He didn't just pick it up for the first time and have at it like Finn and Sabine.

Unless you just frown upon non-force users using it in general, which I wouldn't understand with EU Boba, Anja Gallandro, etc

Galan007
Originally posted by Kurk
I didn't know Thrawn was in great shape and can kick ass of his own I imagine his fighting style to be a mixture of a Grammaton Cleric and Sherlock Holmes.

Emperordmb
The Echani martial art would be perfect for Thrawn tbh

DarthAnt66
2. Sabine is an interesting character; much better than early TCW tano
rofl

Zenwolf
But wouldn't you agree that Vizsla is a skilled warrior with the weapon? He didn't just pick it up for the first time and have at it like Finn and Sabine.

Unless you just frown upon non-force users using it in general, which I wouldn't understand with EU Boba, Anja Gallandro, etc

Boba only used a lightsaber in training Jaina and even then as I recall he didn't really use it, he just kinda showed it off from what I remember.

As far as Anja, well according to what I'm reading she was using Spice which noted to increase her ability to fight and her reflexes and she used the lightsaber more like a club. Plus even disregarding that, it's not like she couldn't have inherited her dad's reflexes, which was above a human level. Even then she wasn't near a Jedi capability with it.

But as I said, Canon wise it's fine.

Legends is just nagging at me.

Edit: Let me clarify, I'm fine with Non-Force Users using them....but the moment they start using them in combat and doing the things or trying to do the things we see Jedi do in their fighting fashion, is what Legends is nagging me for because we didn't see anything that was superhuman about them...we just saw them as...regular people and according to Legends sources...Lightsabers are more a danger to the person wielding them if they don't have The Force.

Canon though it's fine.

Darth Thor

And let's finally put Maul out of his misery

Well yeah, I'd much rather him go down in an Epic battle against a worthy opponent, then keep on living so Filoni can find new ways to embarrass him.

Kurk
Boba only used a lightsaber in training Jaina and even then as I recall he didn't really use it, he just kinda showed it off from what I remember.

As far as Anja, well according to what I'm reading she was using Spice which noted to increase her ability to fight and her reflexes and she used the lightsaber more like a club. Plus even disregarding that, it's not like she couldn't have inherited her dad's reflexes, which was above a human level. Even then she wasn't near a Jedi capability with it.

But as I said, Canon wise it's fine.

Legends is just nagging at me.

Edit: Let me clarify, I'm fine with Non-Force Users using them....but the moment they start using them in combat and doing the things or trying to do the things we see Jedi do in their fighting fashion, is what Legends is nagging me for because we didn't see anything that was superhuman about them...we just saw them as...regular people and according to Legends sources...Lightsabers are more a danger to the person wielding them if they don't have The Force.

Canon though it's fine.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149811/4326901-4879894285-37630.jpgOriginally posted by Darth Thor
Well yeah, I'd much rather him go down in an Epic battle against a worthy opponent, then keep on living so Filoni can find new ways to embarrass him. thumb up
I also love how they used the same exact dark saber sound effect from TCW; it seems a little out of place imo; suggests laziness.

Zenwolf
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149811/4326901-4879894285-37630.jpg thumb up
I also love how they used the same exact dark saber sound effect from TCW; it seems a little out of place imo; suggests laziness.

Non-Canon there Kurk, even in Legends, plus Boba didn't really use it in fighting.

Darth Abonis
Their is definitely going to be a season 4, but then after that I think they will make a series post-ROTJ starring the Big 3.

DarthAnt66
I wouldn't let Dave touch the Big 3 with a thirty foot pole.

Emperordmb
We need a MCU Netflix style series for Luke training the Jedi Order and Kylo Ren's fall tbh

ares834
No thanks. It wouldn't nearly have the budget to pull something that epic off. I think Lucas's original idea of SW Underworld is better for TV and I'd prefer it to not be on Netflix but on a channel like AMC. I'm not a huge fan of them releasing all the content at once as, for me at least, half the fun of a TV show is discussing the episodes and theorizing what will happen next. I also dislike how the Netflix shows tend to be 10-15 hour long movies chopped up into small parts. I'd like a SW show to be a bit more episodic like shows on cable TV such as Breaking Bad.

As for a post-RotJ series focusing primarily on Luke, such a series would be better off animated. Preferably in 2D even though the chances of that happening are slim. Hopefully, the series would be more serialized than TCW or Rebels though and more like Avatar: TLA.

Zenwolf
For some reason I'm still not really sold on a live action SW TV show...I dunno...I feel like it needs a really big budget to capture everything about the SWU that usually isn't found on live TV, animation seems better for it.

Beniboybling
thumb up

Darth Thor
Agreed. Animation works better to show off the SW Universe properly. A cheap budge series would only really work if they stay restricted to one planet, which wouldn't be ideal.

On the other hand, more animation gives Filoni control over more characters sad

Beniboybling
https://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/blogs/geekdad/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/DSC_5269-660x469.jpg

Darth Thor
mad

|King Joker|
https://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/blogs/geekdad/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/DSC_5269-660x469.jpg LMFAO

|King Joker|
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=638565

playa1258
Can't wait for Quan's excuses.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So what exactly happened to this show? A lot of people were saying it was really hitting its stride in season 2, so what went wrong for a lot of you?

cs_zoltan
It never hit any stride, there are a few good episodes here and there among tons of mediocrity.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
It never hit any stride, there are a few good episodes here and there among tons of mediocrity.

Pretty much, the only interesting ones are when the TCW characters are involved or Thrawn(even then that has limits)....surprise...other than that? The other episodes are just....eh....still they are fine, just kinda...there I suppose.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by cs_zoltan

Honestly, this.

Zenwolf
Which is kinda weird, given it's the exact same crew that worked on TCW soo...I mean maybe it's because unlike TCW, Rebels is focusing on a crew instead of branching out? Like how TCW had episodes with Clones or different characters other than Anakin/Obi-Wan and so forth.

TCW also had more villains, IE: Cad Bane, Grevious, Ventress, Dooku, Savage, Maul etc

Rebels has....who? Thrawn and Maul? Even those 2 are stretching it as being reoccurring villains.

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah, pretty much. Bet the regret killing off GI tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What about the rest of canon? Anything of note?

Beniboybling
I hear TFA was pretty good. smile

Zenwolf
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What about the rest of canon? Anything of note?

The other stuff of Canon is fine.

ares834

Zenwolf
Eh it just felt more of an open universe I guess. /Shrug

Also yeah Rebels did have them, but Kallus turned Rebel and the Inquisitors are all dead.

But I mean we'll see if more show up.

ares834
Sure, but Ventress was redeemed, Savage was killed, and Maul was removed. Villains come and go in both shows. Just as they should.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So what exactly happened to this show? A lot of people were saying it was really hitting its stride in season 2, so what went wrong for a lot of you?

For me personally it's lost its way simply because it's dragging in too many OT and TCW characters.

It was great in S1 when it was it's own thing IMO. I thought it really had that sense of adventure that we've not really seen since ANH. Then bringing in Vader for the S2 episode was fantastic.. It's best episode. But they should have waited another season or so for that.

Nowadays the only episodes worth watching are the ones with Maul or Vader. The show can't stand on its own anymore IMO.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
Sure, but Ventress was redeemed, Savage was killed, and Maul was removed. Villains come and go in both shows. Just as they should.

Yeah, but none of all that happened within like 1 season or 2. Maul aside, since when he was introduced it was Season 4.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Darth Thor
For me personally it's lost its way simply because it's dragging in too many OT and TCW characters.

It was great in S1 when it was it's own thing IMO. I thought it really had that sense of adventure that we've not really seen since ANH. Then bringing in Vader for the S2 episode was fantastic.. It's best episode. But they should have waited another season or so for that.

Nowadays the only episodes worth watching are the ones with Maul or Vader. The show can't stand on its own anymore IMO.

I'll have to disagree on that one (everyone his opinion of course), yes they bring in a lot of characters from TCW but that shouldn't be more then logical, I mean not everyone died with Order 66. Season 1 was all about them growing as a rebel cell while season 2 had Vader/Inquisitors hunting them because they were gaining in numbers and threatened the Empire to some extent. Now in season 3, while being dealt a major blow with for example the death of Ahsoka, the rebellion starts to gain ground again and therefore Thrawn shows up since the Rebels seem to be more persistent than expected. So yeah, while a lot of characters like Maul, Hondo, Rex, ... are re-used, there's also a bunch of new ones that get in (Ghost crew, Sato, Kallus, Inquisitors, Thrawn) and to be honest, those characters from TCW need to be there, I mean it would be kind of weird if all those important people from then suddenly aren't around anymore in the OT. It shows excellently how those characters are there but aren't that strong anymore because of the authority of the Empire contrary to the PT era were you had two strong sides.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by ares834

They do it way too fast in Rebels tho, Kallus was the only one to last more than 1 season, and even then he started turning around in S2.

ares834

Zenwolf
I guess so yeah...

Darth Thor
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
I'll have to disagree on that one (everyone his opinion of course), yes they bring in a lot of characters from TCW but that shouldn't be more then logical, I mean not everyone died with Order 66. Season 1 was all about them growing as a rebel cell while season 2 had Vader/Inquisitors hunting them because they were gaining in numbers and threatened the Empire to some extent. Now in season 3, while being dealt a major blow with for example the death of Ahsoka, the rebellion starts to gain ground again and therefore Thrawn shows up since the Rebels seem to be more persistent than expected. So yeah, while a lot of characters like Maul, Hondo, Rex, ... are re-used, there's also a bunch of new ones that get in (Ghost crew, Sato, Kallus, Inquisitors, Thrawn) and to be honest, those characters from TCW need to be there, I mean it would be kind of weird if all those important people from then suddenly aren't around anymore in the OT. It shows excellently how those characters are there but aren't that strong anymore because of the authority of the Empire contrary to the PT era were you had two strong sides.

I get that, but I just don't think it fits the premise of the show which is about the Ghost crew and feel the show was at its best in S1 (when most the new characters were introduced).

I also feel like including major TCW/OT characters should have happened more slowly. Not like Vader as the big bad for S2 and now Maul for S3.

And you know I love those characters, but I just feel like the show itself has lost what made it work as a result of depending too heavily on them too early on.

cs_zoltan
Except every episode without Vader/Maul/Thrawn is boring as f-uck, and always was.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I get that, but I just don't think it fits the premise of the show which is about the Ghost crew and feel the show was at its best in S1 (when most the new characters were introduced).

I also feel like including major TCW/OT characters should have happened more slowly. Not like Vader as the big bad for S2 and now Maul for S3.

And you know I love those characters, but I just feel like the show itself has lost what made it work as a result of depending too heavily on them too early on.

Agreed, for me I like where they're going with it but at this point they lack those episodes which addresses only the Ghost crew and a new villain who can be in for the long run (who can be aided by bog guys like Thrawn or Vader).

Lord Stark
For some reason I'm still not really sold on a live action SW TV show...I dunno...I feel like it needs a really big budget to capture everything about the SWU that usually isn't found on live TV, animation seems better for it.

Could be done in an HBO miniseries/series. It would need to be on HBO though, and I just don't see any other network getting the necessary budget.

Lord Stark
Which is kinda weird, given it's the exact same crew that worked on TCW soo...I mean maybe it's because unlike TCW, Rebels is focusing on a crew instead of branching out? Like how TCW had episodes with Clones or different characters other than Anakin/Obi-Wan and so forth.

TCW also had more villains, IE: Cad Bane, Grevious, Ventress, Dooku, Savage, Maul etc

Rebels has....who? Thrawn and Maul? Even those 2 are stretching it as being reoccurring villains.

The Clone Wars are just a far more fascinating/ captivating time period. Clone Wars added much needed character to the Jedi Order and honestly adds to how devastating Order 66 was. Seeing Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Luminara, ect. as important characters was honestly what I as a Star Wars fan wanted to see from the moment I saw these cool characters appear on screen in Episodes I and II.

The OT is more character centric and is a smaller story. There are less interesting characters that are in the background of the OT. + There are no Jedi, which eliminates one of the coolest aspects of Star Wars.

Zenwolf
Doesn't mean they couldn't have made interesting characters, it's not like we didn't get new characters in TCW that were interesting. I mean the Rebels cast are interesting to a point, Kanan and Ezra mainly, Thrawn is alright in what little we see of him, Kallus is fine(I'm still not thrilled about him turning Rebel but it adds to his character). The others with their story arcs just seem....I dunno. The Inquisitors I could care less for, the GI was the only decent one.

At least imo.

I feel like also with the episodes including former TCW might also take away from the Rebels characters, because it seems to be trying to tie up loose TCW ends.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Looks terrible besides Maul v Kenobi.
thats coz it is

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.