Tyranny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Has anyone played this game yet? It's made by the same people who did Pillars of Eternity, but for some reason it received little to no attention upon release.

It has somewhat similar gameplay, though instead of having to rest in order to restore spells there is a cooldown system, which I like much better than what Pillars had.

An interesting aspect of gameplay is the choices a player can make. In most RPG's this usually boils down to either doing something really good or doing something really evil. This game is more nuanced, with far more shades of grey and far more options. The game also begins quite interestingly, you have to make a series of choices about decisions you made during a war that took place prior to the main story. There are a lot of different options to pick from and some of them grant you different abilities and outcomes.

I feel the magic system is very unique. You have to create every spell you use, you can only learn the core essences of magic, and you must use those to create spells. So if you learn the fire sigil you'll be able to then create fire based spells.

Each sigil has a variety of spells you can use to create with this. Throughout the game you'll learn to edit these spells to make them more powerful, to determine what kind of spell they are(area effect, single target), and to determine which specific side effects a spell might carry(like increasing range or accuracy of a spell). So there is a vast amount of customization for the magic.

Oh one other cool aspect is something that reminds me of the game Chrono Trigger: special combo powers you can perform with party members. The things party members say during combat can also be amusing. My rogue, while stabbing an enemy, she screamed "bleed out you little shit".

All in all it is worth checking out. Especially if you enjoyed Pillars of Eternity. I assume this game is available on Steam, but I got mine on Gog.

Sg0WsR3EnGg

FinalAnswer
I got to smother a baby to death, game's pretty fun.

Nephthys
I want to get this but I'm still going through Pillars atm. I got kind of burnt out so I may not get to this for a while.

Tzeentch
I have crippling anxiety and want to kill myself everyday.

Surtur
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I got to smother a baby to death, game's pretty fun.

Lol yeah, this one chick set me up for an ambush, and I came back and punched her in the f*cking stomach for daring to set me up. That was a specific option in dialogue, "punch her in the stomach".

I also sentenced a man to a life time of physical labor for daring to correct me in public.

jinXed by JaNx
aw man i got all excited. I thought this said Tranny. I thought there was finally a game about Transsexuals.

John Murdoch
This looks VERY intriguing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.