Wealthiest Individuals in the SW Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Discuss?

I wanted to know, was Dooku wealthier than Sidious during the PT era?

Starter list no order

Xizor
Palpatine
Dooku
Miraj Scintel
Leia?
Vitiate
Nute Gunray
Kuat of Kuat

Galan007
Bohhuah Mutdah.

Zenwolf
Bail Organa, wealth funded the whole Rebellion according to TFU.

Galan007
*Part of* the whole Rebellion...

Bail Organa: "So, it is settled. My wealth will fund the rebellion while Garm provides our fleet and Mon Mothma our soldiers..."
-TFU

Galan007
Regarding Mutdah's wealth:

http://i.imgur.com/1Cs6TFd.jpg
-The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

SunRazer
Lightsabers: A Guide to the Weapons of the Force suggests that Sidious constructed his second lightsaber during his Chancellorship, at which time the expense of the metals used to craft it (eg. phrik, electrum, etc.) mattered very little to someone with his "day-to-day wealth and authority" (paraphrasing).

On the other hand, Dooku casually hands out bounties of several million credits.

G0-T0 is also worth noting, since his bounty on Jedi was so great that any bounty hunter who collected it could buy their own planet. That's not to mention the cost of all of his operations, and the fact that he could still nonchalantly wire thousands of credits to the Exile.

The Hutts also come to mind for obvious reasons, as well as Nok Drayan.

Petrus
What about high ranking members of the InterGalactic Banking Clan?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
*Part of* the whole Rebellion...

Bail Organa: "So, it is settled. My wealth will fund the rebellion while Garm provides our fleet and Mon Mothma our soldiers..."
-TFU

Where are you seeing the part of?

Galan007
Bail funded the Rebellion, minus its fleet and troops. IOW, he did not fund the *whole* Rebellion.

Zenwolf
Because....Gram and Mothma provided troops/fleet? So then what was he funding exactly? If they are just providing those things(which could be through things other than wealth), then he's still funding the bigger majority of the Rebellion anyway.

Either way I'm sure he'd make the list.

Galan007
It means exactly what I said: that Bail did not fund the *whole* Rebellion. He is clearly separating the resources his wealth would fund, from the fleet+troops that Garm and Mothma were to provide. Had Bail stated that his personal wealth would provide for those as well, I would agree with you -- but as it stands, he was not funding the Rebellion in its entirety.

I agree that he's still a rich mofo, though. thumb up

Unbowed
Plagueis and Tenebrous were basically the JP Morgan and Henry Ford of the GFFA.

Don Draper
Regarding Mutdah's wealth:

http://i.imgur.com/1Cs6TFd.jpg
-The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia Ya, no one is even remotely rivaling this. srsly

Beniboybling
As Galactic Emperor, one would assume the number of credits at Palpatine's disposal was infinite. So him.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Don Draper
Ya, no one is even remotely rivaling this. srsly

Except ya know, Sidious and Xizor.

Beniboybling
thumb up

Zenwolf
One thing, would Han Solo count? Didn't he win enough in gambling to buy a planet or something which was worth trillions? I can't recall the book though.

Beniboybling
Well G0-T0 was handing bounties out of that size, so cheap change in the grand scheme of things.

Sidious, Xizor, Plagueis, Gunray & G0-T0 would be my top 5.

SunRazer
What about most of the notable Hutts?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well G0-T0 was handing bounties out of that size, so cheap change in the grand scheme of things.

Sidious, Xizor, Plagueis, Gunray & G0-T0 would be my top 5.

I guess....but then I suppose I'm looking at it from our world perspective, where 10,000 is considered a lot, yet in SW that's brushed off by Luke when he sells his landspeeder enough to get him passage to Alderaan.

Beniboybling
Well maybe Jabba instead of G0-T0 since as I recall G0-T0 was only a member of the Exchange, not their leader. mmm

Or whomever was that Hutt King was in TOR?

Petrus
IIRC, G0-T0 was the leader of the Exchange as of KOTOR II.

Zenwolf
He was one of the leaders I recall? Isn't Compeer the main head honcho that presides over all of them?

Petrus
Originally posted by Zenwolf
He was one of the leaders I recall? Isn't Compeer the main head honcho that presides over all of them?

Right, G0-T0 answers to the Compeer. I don't think a name is mentioned, tho.

Beniboybling
Yeah the Compeer.

Other than that there the Supreme Mogul Karagga, he ruled the Hutt Cartel for two centuries, must have amassed some serious wealth.

NewGuy01
One thing, would Han Solo count? Didn't he win enough in gambling to buy a planet or something which was worth trillions? I can't recall the book though.

Pretty sure he just bought Dathomir for 50 credits or something.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Pretty sure he just bought Dathomir for 50 credits or something.

I'm sure he had amassed a wealth in his gambling, I recall that much.

Galan007
Except ya know, Sidious and Xizor. After becoming Emperor, I can only assume his total wealth would have exceeded Mutdah's, due to the sheer amount of resources he controlled. Beforehand? Doubtful. Not sure what Xizor's personal wealth amounted to, though I know it was vast.

If the short story "At Odd's" is usable to any extent, then the initial order of 3 million Clone troops likely cost ~2-3 billion credits(as Lama Su requested a deposit of 1 billion credits before she would commission the growth of another 3 million soldiers.)

I only mention that because it helps put into perspective how gargantuan "trillionS" of credits really is.

Zenwolf
Quite so and if that's how much 3 million Clones cost, then a lot of wealthy figures could have their own clone army with no real issue.

Raptor22
After becoming Emperor, I can only assume his total wealth would have exceeded Mutdah's, due to the sheer amount of resources he controlled. Beforehand? Doubtful. Not sure what Xizor's personal wealth amounted to, though I know it was vast.

If the short story "At Odd's" is usable to any extent, then the initial order of 3 million Clone troops likely cost ~2-3 billion credits(as Lama Su requested a deposit of 1 billion credits before she would commission the growth of another 3 million soldiers.)

I only mention that because it helps put into perspective how gargantuan "trillionS" of credits really is. In the Shadows of the Empire novel Xizors, vaders, and palpatines different wealths are mentioned quite a bit.

Xizor thinks to himself at one point how he's worth billions- "Credits are nothing, he had billions. A way of keeping score, that was all. Not important."

A page earlier he thinks to himself that hes worth more than several planets combined.- "He sighed. He was rich beyond the income of many entire planets,"

Also the narration states that Vader is almost as rich as him- "He was nearly as rich as Xizor and, like the dark Prince, cared little for wealth itself."

And that Palpatine is far richer than either- "Then again, the Emperor had a lot more treasures than anybody else in the galaxy, and the loss even of a city-size skyhook would be but a small pail subtracted from his vast sea."

ILS
Someone should construct a legit graph that shows the wealthiest beings in the galaxy along the timeline, with the most accurate gauge of their wealth possible if it isn't accurately stated.

E.g Mutdah would cause the graph to fly upwards when it gets to his timeline.

Zenwolf
That would require looking really deep, making a graph of the wealthiest in the whole galaxy might be more difficult than realizing. Because I'm pretty sure there's more to it than just looking at someone's wealth solely. Taking into account if they are apart of any organizations, or what have you which would be able to increase their wealth ontop of what they already have.

Geistalt
Valkoriate. He literally owned 2 galaxy-threatening empires.

Credits are inconsequential when you can't acquire resources.

ILS
That would require looking really deep, making a graph of the wealthiest in the whole galaxy might be more difficult than realizing. Because I'm pretty sure there's more to it than just looking at someone's wealth solely. Taking into account if they are apart of any organizations, or what have you which would be able to increase their wealth ontop of what they already have. I'd just like an easy way to see what kind of credits people are making. As long as you get a rough gauge for millions, billions and trillions it could work.

Zenwolf
Frankly, I think there shouldn't even be counting millions. In a huge galaxy such as the SWU, millions wouldn't be noticeable to the wealthiest individuals in the galaxy.

Millions sure would be great for planetary level, but not for a galactic scale scope. Billions/Trillions would be better to look at.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well maybe Jabba instead of G0-T0 since as I recall G0-T0 was only a member of the Exchange, not their leader. mmm

Or whomever was that Hutt King was in TOR?

G0-T0 was the Exchange leader at the time. Pretty impressive for a droid.

Kurk
My original question is was Dooku wealthier than sidious during pt era knowing that both came from wealthy families?

Zenwolf
Well according to TCSWE, the House of Serenno, the Counts(which Dooku of course was one) were believed to be some of the wealthiest and influential beings in the galaxy for a millennia.

Meanwhile Palpatine's house was wealthy on Naboo, but not as wealthy as some of the other houses.

So...yeah Dooku was more wealthy than Palpatine as of TPM and probably AOTC, by but ROTS with Palpatine becoming Chancellor, he wasn't.

SunRazer
Palpatine was Chancellor ever since TPM lol.

ILS
In terms of actual power and influence Palpatine was wealthier than Dooku due to his dense political connections, but Dooku got dat private money.

relentless1
Palpatine, imagine how much money the Empire controlled under tis subjugation of untold thousands of planets and all of their resources to boot

Zenwolf
Originally posted by SunRazer
Palpatine was Chancellor ever since TPM lol.

He was a Senator. Finis Valorum was Chancellor in TPM, until he got booted out and Palps became Chancellor we see at the end.

A bit I did dun goofed, so yeah even by AoTC, Palps should be richer than Dooku. Only reason I'm not counting TPM is because he was more a Senator than Chancellor.

Kurk
But does the chancellor have personal access to funds being a public figure? Emperor absolute power palps doesn't equal chancellor/senator

Zenwolf
I don't see why he wouldn't have access.

Kurk
Unless he embezzles like irl Putin maybe

Petrus
Emperor Palps def is much, much richer than his Chancellor self.

Galan007
Originally posted by Raptor22
In the Shadows of the Empire novel Xizors, vaders, and palpatines different wealths are mentioned quite a bit.

Xizor thinks to himself at one point how he's worth billions- "Credits are nothing, he had billions. A way of keeping score, that was all. Not important."

A page earlier he thinks to himself that hes worth more than several planets combined.- "He sighed. He was rich beyond the income of many entire planets,"

Also the narration states that Vader is almost as rich as him- "He was nearly as rich as Xizor and, like the dark Prince, cared little for wealth itself."

And that Palpatine is far richer than either- "Then again, the Emperor had a lot more treasures than anybody else in the galaxy, and the loss even of a city-size skyhook would be but a small pail subtracted from his vast sea." thumb up

So to your knowledge: aside from Palpatine, whose cumulative wealth as Emperor likely exceeded any other in galactic history, no character has ever been stated to have amassed personal wealth that was in the trillions?

Zenwolf
Far as what I know, nope. Doesn't mean that they couldn't have. Although Xizor's personal wealth was in the billions since he was president of his own company which was worth billions(XTS), including the Black Sun he more than likely does have money in the trillions given the scope of the organization which was everywhere, including the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire. Or at the bare least, he has the means of getting to the trillions, if you don't want to go assuming but it's more than likely.

Hence why as I said, you can't really look at personal wealth if they are also apart of something else. You can, but that's not all of it.

Galan007
thumb up

From what I can tell, Mutdah has the most *independent* wealth in the franchise, by an astronomical margin. Conversely, Palpatine has the most *cumulative* wealth by virtue of being the galactic Emperor.

Same basic concept goes for Xizor possessing vast wealth by virtue of commanding Black Sun, The Hutts by virtue of controlling major trade routes and such, etc. etc.

Zenwolf
Pretty much.

Raptor22
thumb up

So to your knowledge: aside from Palpatine, whose cumulative wealth as Emperor likely exceeded any other in galactic history, no character has ever been stated to have amassed personal wealth that was in the trillions? yeah to my knowledge, as far as independently wealthy, no one but Mutduh has been stated to have trillions.

As far as cumilitive wealth, id be willing to bet whoever is the reigning Queen Mother of the Hapan royal dynasty at any given time, would probably be second only to Palpatine. Id have to flip thru Courtship of Princess leia (which ill probably do tonight) to refresh my memory on figures and assets, but from what i remember their wealth was quite vast.

Zenwolf
I don't think there was ever an actual figure stated on the wealth of the Hapan. But the family Leia was marrying into, was one of the wealthiest in the galaxy.

Their star system was known for its wealth, 63 of the planets being the wealthiest in the galaxy, though no known figure is given.

SunRazer
He was a Senator. Finis Valorum was Chancellor in TPM, until he got booted out and Palps became Chancellor we see at the end.

A bit I did dun goofed, so yeah even by AoTC, Palps should be richer than Dooku. Only reason I'm not counting TPM is because he was more a Senator than Chancellor.

I know Valorum was Chancellor. He got removed mid-TPM.

Palpatine becomes Chancellor very shortly after Maul's bisection, IIRC.

Galan007
thumb up

Literally the scene immediately after Obi-Wan dices Maul and says his farewells to Qui-Gon.

Zenwolf
Meh if you really wanna count TPM Palps, then yeah guess he's more wealthy than Dooku there too.

Azronger
Bump. Ant thinks the Outlander is #2.

DarthAnt66
Zenwolf be like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZQJhvs4amQ&t=0m07s

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Zenwolf be like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZQJhvs4amQ&t=0m07s

Not really seeing the comparison.

thesithmaster
The leaders of crime organizations like Black Sun and the Pykes must be full of it too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.