Defeat Surfer, Thor, and Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
You are gifted with the opportunity to grant yourself two powers within the Herald tier (or below). Only two. You can keep these abilities (whatever abilities you choose, you get to use it just as good as the character you are getting it from) but in order to keep your power (remember, Herald tier), you have to fight these 3 "individually" and beat them.

Which 2 abilities would you choose and with these two abilities, do you think you can clear the gauntlet of...

1. Thor
2. Superman
3. Thor

Herald tier or below for your chosen, 2 abilities.

carver9
Juggernaut invulnerability
Xavier TP.

golem370
Aquarian Nullifying ability and Vector's powers.

Sin I AM
instant adaptive evolution

power mimicry

carver9
No power mimicking.

Digi
Safest answer is access to the speed force and, like, pretty much any other power. Imagine Flash being able to hit with the force of Superman. He could liquify planets in nanoseconds. Or I'd do something like speed force plus the Atom's shrinking powers. Then I'd take them apart atom by atom. To the naked eye, they would just dissolve in like half a second.

Originally posted by Sin I AM

power mimicry

There aren't too many mimics that could just gank these guys' abilities at full power anyway. I don't think it's a terribly great way to approach a thread like this.

Originally posted by carver9
Xavier TP.

You might have a harder time than you realize. Between BFR, Thor's ability to nullify Juggs' enchantment, and Surfer's nebulous telepathic skill (Thor has also resisted tp on occasion), this isn't an insta-win.

cdtm
Xavier TP.

Surfer, Thor, and Superman all have tp resistance feats sufficiant to handle Xavier level tp.

Doubly so Norrin, who has active tp himself, and was even beating Thanos in the astral plane (Who has considerable tp himself.)

carver9
Originally posted by Digi
Safest answer is access to the speed force and, like, pretty much any other power. Imagine Flash being able to hit with the force of Superman. He could liquify planets in nanoseconds.

There aren't too many mimics that could just gank these guys' abilities at full power anyway. I don't think it's a terribly great way to approach a thread like this.

You might have a harder time than you realize. Between BFR, Thor's ability to nullify Juggs' enchantment, and Surfer's nebulous telepathic skill (Thor has also resisted tp on occasion), this isn't an insta-win.

Didn't think about that. Let me rethink.

Also, I thought Flash on KMC was considered as being above Herald tier. People are matching then up with Odin. Also, being able to access the speed force, does that auto give you super speed?

cdtm
Average Flash is herald. High end is closer to skyfather range.

Getting super speed from the speed force is kind of the point of it, so I'd think so. The level of speed is what's in question..

Looking at Johnny and Jesse, it seems to bottom out at half light.

Digi
Didn't think about that. Let me rethink.

Also, I thought Flash on KMC was considered as being above Herald tier. People are matching then up with Odin. Also, being able to access the speed force, does that auto give you super speed?

Basically, yeah. The Flashes channel the speed force. So if you're worried about the wording of it, just imagine I said "the speed of Flash" or something.

Also, lol @ Odin. I know he's been a bit of a chump in recent years compared to his "just below abstract" classic heyday. But I didn't think he'd fallen that far.

cdtm
Basically, yeah. The Flashes channel the speed force. So if you're worried about the wording of it, just imagine I said "the speed of Flash" or something.

Also, lol @ Odin. I know he's been a bit of a chump in recent years compared to his "just below abstract" classic heyday. But I didn't think he'd fallen that far.

Well, if you cherry pick only at the crazy stuff. Like casually breaking down Anti Monitor's armor that withstood an amped Spectre, or outracing Death.

Sin I AM
No power mimicking.

You lack imagination. Instant adaptive evolution/ kinetic manipulation

what does power mimicry have to do with ganking abilities? im not siphoning power im copying it and adapting to their powersets on the fly. its a great way to approach opponets such as these imo

Originally posted by cdtm
Surfer, Thor, and Superman all have tp resistance feats sufficiant to handle Xavier level tp.

Doubly so Norrin, who has active tp himself, and was even beating Thanos in the astral plane (Who has considerable tp himself.)

Thor was put to sleep casually by Xavier. Clark gets mind controlled every fourth or fifth arc...only one who would "handle" him would be Norrin and thats a big maybe

ghostman
tk and esp.

Mindship
Amplified Attack Reflection Power (AARP): any attack rebounds to the attacker with greater force. Essentially, an amping, superpower version of why-are-you-hitting-yourself.

Eg ... https://sftheaterpub.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/superman-stop-hitting-yourself.jpg ... but w/o the glove.

Drawback: it's a reactive ability, so I have to provoke their initial attacks. If they are wise to this, we have a stalemate. So I guess my second ability would be some sort of illusion-casting (eg, show Superman Lois is in trouble) to get them to make the first move.

DarkSaint85
Flash's speed.

Matter Eater Lad's....eating.

Chomp.

byrdgang21
Hulk strength
Flash speed

TethAdamTheRock
Sentry

Digi
Originally posted by cdtm
Well, if you cherry pick only at the crazy stuff. Like casually breaking down Anti Monitor's armor that withstood an amped Spectre, or outracing Death.

Any top tier herald type can seem broken if you cherry pick. Point is, "lol @ Odin." Either Odin has fallen inconceivably far, people are cherry picking to an absurd degree, or whoever makes the comparison doesn't know what they're talking about.

Anyway, DS came after me so he copied. stick out tongue I think mine would beat his anyway. Matter Eater Lad is broken to all hell. But we'd have equivalent speed and he wouldn't be able to see me or affect me.

mighty adam
Magnetos powers
Iron mans intellect

byrdgang21
Dr. Strange (Magic)
Absorbing Man

LordofBrooklyn
Vulcan's energy manipulation
Nemesis Kid's adaptive ability

TheLordofMurder

power mimicry

I see you want to take a page out of the Future Sentinels playbook!

wink

TheLordofMurder
You lack imagination. Instant adaptive evolution/ kinetic manipulation

what does power mimicry have to do with ganking abilities? im not siphoning power im copying it and adapting to their powersets on the fly. its a great way to approach opponets such as these imo

Thor was put to sleep casually by Xavier. Clark gets mind controlled every fourth or fifth arc...only one who would "handle" him would be Norrin and thats a big maybe

thumb up

I agree with you Sin...

Your powerset could clear these guys in a PIS'less environment...

DarkSaint85
Any top tier herald type can seem broken if you cherry pick. Point is, "lol @ Odin." Either Odin has fallen inconceivably far, people are cherry picking to an absurd degree, or whoever makes the comparison doesn't know what they're talking about.

Anyway, DS came after me so he copied. stick out tongue I think mine would beat his anyway. Matter Eater Lad is broken to all hell. But we'd have equivalent speed and he wouldn't be able to see me or affect me.

thumb up You're right.

Zoom
Matter Eater Lad.

CHHHHHHOMMMMMPPPP

Martian_mind
Wonder Man's Ionic form.
Vulcan's energy manipulation.

staxamillion
Forges - inventive power
doom's magic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.