What would benefit technology the most today

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Nuclear Fusion

Or

Iron Mans Arc Reactor

Or

Thorium Reactor

Cogito
Nuclear fusion is vastly superior to Thorium (fission), so let's throw that one out right away.

The obvious answer is the Arc reactor, due to scale and not taking decadeS to build

ghostman
miracle machine

Astner
Like Cogito said, fission increases the number of particles while fusion decreases it, generally making it more effective of converting mass to energy. The only thing more effective would be matter-antimatter annihilation since it actually destroys the particles.

The Arc Reactor is just a fusion reactor. But I suppose there would be more advanced technology in there to reverse-engineer than just nuclear fusion.

DarkSaint85
OTOH, a working Thorium reactor would give cleaner energy without the radioactive waste, PLUS thorium is generally found in 'safe' countries.

Cogito
Originally posted by Astner
The Arc Reactor is just a fusion reactor.

True, but I was imagining an Arc reactor vs. one of the several fusion technologies currently being worked on, and thinking "phuck, this is better in every way".

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
OTOH, a working Thorium reactor would give cleaner energy without the radioactive waste, PLUS thorium is generally found in 'safe' countries. In theory, yeah, but hydrogen remains more plentiful than thorium and I believe should produce more energy and be safer/cleaner still (not a nuclear physicist)

DarkSaint85
Ah, didn't see that fusion was there.

riv6672
The arc reactor seems safest.

Cogito
Originally posted by riv6672
The arc reactor seems safest.

Again, not a nuclear physicist, but I don't think there's really any danger or way to weaponize a fusion reaction (designed to harvest energy, obviously does not apply to a thermonuclear bomb). The arc reactor can be directed as a weapon though, so... /shrug

TethAdamTheRock
What can a arc reactor power, a plane, a house? For how long does it power tonys suit before it runs out of energy?

riv6672
Originally posted by Cogito
Again, not a nuclear physicist, but I don't think there's really any danger or way to weaponize a fusion reaction (designed to harvest energy, obviously does not apply to a thermonuclear bomb). The arc reactor can be directed as a weapon though, so... /shrug
Anything can be weaponized, so i dont really count that.

TethAdamTheRock
Would that mean instant iron man?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

Just add booze.

riv6672
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Just add box of scraps.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.