The Blast vs Their Durability

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
I recently read a Thanos comic that had him get hit a few times with a blast that was able to blow several top tier character to bits, and yet he was able to get back up from.

Gladiator was killed by it on panel, as it blew right through his durability maiming him.

Thor was maimed and killed.

Hyperion was maimed and killed.

These guys weren't able to withstand one blast from weaponry designed to destroy a planet. Yet Thanos was able to not only survive a few of those same blasts, but continue to rise and fight.

Is it safe to say that Thanos is tougher than any top tier out there, or is there one that would be able to survive what the others could not.

Characters like Deathseed Sentry are not allowed for obvious reasons. This is a simple question of durability.

backup
Superboy Prime.

mighty adam
Originally posted by Stoic
I recently read a Thanos comic that had him get hit a few times with a blast that was able to blow several top tier character to bits, and yet he was able to get back up from.

Gladiator was killed by it on panel, as it blew right through his durability maiming him.

These guys weren't able to withstand one blast from weaponry designed to destroy a planet. Yet Thanos was able to not only survive a few of those same blasts, but continue to rise and fight.

Is it safe to say that Thanos is tougher than any top tier out there, or is there one that would be able to survive what the others could not.

Characters like Deathseed Sentry are not allowed for obvious reasons. This is a simple question of durability. thanos is above the likes of thor, normal superman, hulk, Sliver surfer etc. So no top tiers or eating it but say juggernaut, and doomsday they're whole gig is durability.

mighty adam
Originally posted by backup
Superboy Prime. superboy prime is beyond skyfather level so yes hell tank it. Normal superman probably be knocked out or worst

Juntai
Originally posted by mighty adam
thanos is above the likes of superman no

carver9
Hulk would and I'm basing this off of him surviving an attack that would've killed any being on Earth and the attack was getting more powerful by the second.

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk would and I'm basing this off of him surviving an attack that would've killed any being on Earth and the attack was getting more powerful by the second.

But Hulk was one of the ones that was killed, although it was off panel. Only Thanos remained. For me, it was pretty much the deciding factor that convinced me that Thanos may just be more durable than any top tier.

TethAdamTheRock

Characters like Deathseed Sentry are not allowed for obvious reasons. This is a simple question of durability. Post the scans

Insane Titan
Hulk would and I'm basing this off of him surviving an attack that would've killed any being on Earth and the attack was getting more powerful by the second. hulk was killed by that attack, but I know you're going to say "show Hulk getting killed" because you cant understand the story.

the Darkone
Thanos durability was increase by death herself, thats why Thanos can tank or take more damage than top tiers, only one can come close to his durability would be juggernaut

zopzop
Originally posted by the Darkone
only one can come close to his durability would be juggernaut
Yup. If Juggernaut actually had his forcefield up, I think he could survive the blast. Keep in mind this dude took a Godblast and only complained that it was SLOWLY forcing him back.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Insane Titan
hulk was killed by that attack, but I know you're going to say "show Hulk getting killed" because you cant understand the story.

Carter not understanding the story?!!?!! eek! Noooooo!!

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Delta1938
Carter not understanding the story?!!?!! eek! Noooooo!! He's done this before about this story. He said because Hulk wasn't shown to be killed he didn't die lol and that he may have been ko'd/hiding somewhere. The story even says everyone dies besides Thanos, Annihilus is watching the whole battle on a screen and scans the battlefield to see if anyone survived the attack.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Thanos durability is in the high Skyfather range. Only if one takes the highest showings top tier chars could compete.

DarkSaint85
I was gonna say - Thanos has taken blasts from THE Skyfather, Odin, without dying.

So....yeah.

carver9
But Hulk was one of the ones that was killed, although it was off panel. Only Thanos remained. For me, it was pretty much the deciding factor that convinced me that Thanos may just be more durable than any top tier.

Never showed he died. He remained behind.

TethAdamTheRock
Scans?

Insane Titan
Never showed he died. He remained behind. if any reason was needed to show what's really wrong with this forum, here is the answer.

As predicted.

h1a8
But Hulk was one of the ones that was killed, although it was off panel. Only Thanos remained. For me, it was pretty much the deciding factor that convinced me that Thanos may just be more durable than any top tier. What comic is this? So Thor and Gladiator are now dead?

Stoic
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Post the scans

Posting the scans would stretch the page out a lot. It all took place in Thanos: The Infinity Finale. I'd need to set up a photo account with one of the sites out there in order to properly show scans. Plus I believe that it's against the rules to post links.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
What comic is this? So Thor and Gladiator are now dead?

They all die except for Thanos. The Silver Surfer, Thor, Hulk, Carol ( AKA Captain Marvel), Drax, Hyperion, Black Bolt, etc. But reality was changed. Don't want to give too much away.

Delta1938
He's done this before about this story. He said because Hulk wasn't shown to be killed he didn't die lol and that he may have been ko'd/hiding somewhere. The story even says everyone dies besides Thanos, Annihilus is watching the whole battle on a screen and scans the battlefield to see if anyone survived the attack.

Sounds like carter.

Delta1938
Posting the scans would stretch the page out a lot. It all took place in Thanos: The Infinity Finale. I'd need to set up a photo account with one of the sites out there in order to properly show scans. Plus I believe that it's against the rules to post links.

confused I never saw anything in the rules against posting links, I've seen the mods say nothing about posting links on numerous occasions when links are posted, I've seen mods post links themselves. The closest thing I've seen to what you believe is previews aren't admissible because they could lack context the comic has.

wuleecat
I'd definitely like to lay eyes on this. (I wish I knew how to locate and then adequately scan in issues, but I am rubbish.)

I almost hate to ask since they already do so much, but could One Angry or Galan post scans of this if they have them?

Sin I AM

Characters like Deathseed Sentry are not allowed for obvious reasons. This is a simple question of durability.

Provide the reference material so posters can accurately ascertain an answer.

zopzop
https://s29.postimg.org/70n4ehgw3/image.jpg https://s29.postimg.org/9j8tf62mb/image.jpg https://s29.postimg.org/scumc60ub/image.jpg https://s29.postimg.org/tf9urtpz7/image.jpg

carver9
People still standing in the back ground. Everyone didn't die. We can only go by what we see.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by zopzop
https://s29.postimg.org/70n4ehgw3/image.jpg https://s29.postimg.org/9j8tf62mb/image.jpg https://s29.postimg.org/scumc60ub/image.jpg https://s29.postimg.org/tf9urtpz7/image.jpg

Good shit. He is Thanos after all

People still standing in the back ground. Everyone didn't die. We can only go by what we see.

Looked like everyone got wrecked save Thanos. No harm in that.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Good shit. He is Thanos after all

Looked like everyone got wrecked save Thanos. No harm in that. it even says in the comic everyone died except Thanos.

TheLordofMurder
Man...

Impressive durability by Thanos... thumb up

It really throws weigh into just how powerful the Maker was when she casually one shot KO'ed Thanos:

TheLordofMurder
And:

TheLordofMurder
And finally:

DarkSaint85
it even says in the comic everyone died except Thanos.

Nah, I didn't see Drax the Destroyer or Loki dead either. Their durability>Gladiator, BB, Thor, Hyperion (who survived two universes exploding) etc.

Loki is trans. Drax is trans.

Edit: for those who actually read on, this is the panel immediately following zop's scans:

https://s29.postimg.org/devg9br13/04_40.jpg

Can't get any clearer than that. Of the heroes/villains in Thanos' team, only he remained to be slain.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nah, I didn't see Drax the Destroyer or Loki dead either. Their durability>Gladiator, BB, Thor, Hyperion (who survived two universes exploding) etc.

Edit: for those who actually read on, this is the panel immediately following zop's scans:

Can't get any clearer than that. Of the heroes/villains in Thanos' team, only he remained to be slain. lol true or maybe they "remained behind" like Hulk did as carver said.......maybe we should ignore the panels showing Hulk fighting and getting overwhelmed in the battle!

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Can't get any clearer than that. Of the heroes/villains in Thanos' team, only he remained to be slain.

So Carter argues a statement on a Flash feat, but ignores a statement with nothing to contradict it because Hulk is involved. mhmm

Surtur
Well yes, Thanos is quite durable. A good deal above your standard Superman level bricks. Remember this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/103729/3554375-5658965161-27956.jpg

Surfer can easily destroy moons. To Surfers credit I do think he caused Thanos to turn his head slightly to the right like an inch or so.

abhilegend
Under Starlin even Thor no sold a blast from Surfer.

Starlin Surfer died destroying a moon while amped. He is as effective as cosmic rhino under Starlin.

h1a8
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Man...

Impressive durability by Thanos... thumb up

It really throws weigh into just how powerful the Maker was when she casually one shot KO'ed Thanos: abc logic doesn't often work in comics since characters operate at different levels in different comics (sometimes in different scenes). You can use this scene to evaluate Maker. Just like you can't use SS busting a planet with him blasting Thanos or Gladiator busting a planet with him hitting Thing or Hulk. Thanos got bloodied under Namor, koed by the avengers, koed by Thor, etc. He operates at different levels.

I would like to know the plot of that story. Obviously Thor isn't dead today. Is that an alternate Thor or how was everyone restored?

h1a8
Originally posted by Surtur
Well yes, Thanos is quite durable. A good deal above your standard Superman level bricks. Remember this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/103729/3554375-5658965161-27956.jpg

Surfer can easily destroy moons. To Surfers credit I do think he caused Thanos to turn his head slightly to the right like an inch or so.

Surfers blasts are weak even to his peers. He has blasts other heralds with no effect. Characters operate at different levels at different times. Your Abc logic is faulty. Surfer, Drax, Gladiator, etc has busted planets. Doesn't mean every time they strike something it's the same force. Use averages when using abc logic from comic scenes. Surfer can't bust moons or planets in average. Otherwise we can easily ko his peers with simple blasts instead of them no selling them.

Surtur
Surfers blasts are weak even to his peers. He has blasts other heralds with no effect. Characters operate at different levels at different times. Your Abc logic is faulty. Surfer, Drax, Gladiator, etc has busted planets. Doesn't mean every time they strike something it's the same force. Use averages when using abc logic from comic scenes. Surfer can't bust moons or planets in average. Otherwise we can easily ko his peers with simple blasts instead of them no selling them.

They don't always strike with the same force, but it seems like at that point Surfer was trying to take Thanos down. If he hadn't used his most powerful blast, then why would he not have continued to up the ante until it took out Thanos?

Or are we supposed to believe he thought "Gee, well if using only a fraction of my power won't work than nothing will" ?

Insane Titan
abc logic doesn't often work in comics since characters operate at different levels in different comics (sometimes in different scenes). You can use this scene to evaluate Maker. Just like you can't use SS busting a planet with him blasting Thanos or Gladiator busting a planet with him hitting Thing or Hulk. Thanos got bloodied under Namor, koed by the avengers, koed by Thor, etc. He operates at different levels.

I would like to know the plot of that story. Obviously Thor isn't dead today. Is that an alternate Thor or how was everyone restored? good to see you're still a clueless idiot that lies through his teeth despite getting proven wrong every time you use a example.

TethAdamTheRock
King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.