Would Zannah's sorcery work on Vader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solar Power
Just a question I've been thinking of. Vader obviously has great willpower considering his survival on Mustafar, and he has his scenes in the EU and Canon of overcoming his past (metaphorically killing Anakin and all that), but he has signs of great guilt too and his suit was designed to remind him of his failure, in addition to other reminders like his castle on Mustafar. Also are his encounters with Luke and the Original Trilogy not an indication that there is a remnant of his past that's always with him?

I'd just like to know what some better-researched people would think, so if you could post answers with justification, that would be swell. smile

ILS
nopenopenopenope

SunRazer
He has demons that would allow Zannah's Sorcery to affect him, but he'd overcome her spells with willpower (plus he's mostly gotten over his past anyway). He willed himself back from the dead. That's beyond anything Bane's shown, frankly.

MythLord
They'll stun him, sure. Doubt they'd be a massive game-changer, though.

Kurk
Lol all she has to do is press the bottom most red button on his control panel and his life support will shut down

Petrus
Yeah, as if Vader wasn't extremely psychologically vulnerable. Zannah's sorcery would make him go mad.

Beniboybling
He wasn't kek, not in his prime.

Petrus
Originally posted by Beniboybling
He wasn't kek, not in his prime.

Which was?

He was highly vulnerable throughout quite a few years during his time under Sidious, and the fact that he redeemed himself in the end pretty much establishes that he was never fully without doubts.

Beniboybling
Rebels/ESB. thumb up

And having deeply buried doubts about being evil =/= being extremely psychologically vulnerable. In Vader he literally slaughters each of his demons in a vision, aside from Ahsoka, whom he saw to personally.

Also to address the OP I think things like the location of Vader's Castle are very telling. The way I see it is these were methods implemented by both himself and his master to conquer his emotional pain or "confront his demons" and convert them into strength.

Fated Xtasy
Yes it can. No one has ever come even remotely close to the same level of pain tolerance and willpower as Bane.

Originally posted by ILS
nopenopenopenope

Petrus
Rebels/ESB. thumb up

And having deeply buried doubts about being evil =/= being extremely psychologically vulnerable. In Vader he literally slaughters each of his demons in a vision, aside from Ahsoka, whom he saw to personally.

Also to address the OP I think things like the location of Vader's Castle are very telling. The way I see it is these were methods implemented by both himself and his master to conquer his emotional pain or "confront his demons" and convert them into strength.

ESB? I think when he met Luke/acknowledged his proximity to him is exactly when his psychological state began deteriorating . So, I think it's from Rebels up to Rogue One.

Either way, alright. Maybe not 'extremely psychologically vulnerable', but Zannah will probably be able to exploit the weakness Vader possesses in that he has doubts about being evil.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Petrus
ESB? I think when he met Luke/acknowledged his proximity to him is exactly when his psychological state began deteriorating . So, I think it's from Rebels up to Rogue One.Nah. Nothing suggests that.

Before being bitchslapped proverbially and then literally. smile

Petrus
Nah. Nothing suggests that.

How so? I mean, he turned to the light side to save his son, after all.

Yeah, I'm not sayin Zannah'd win. smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Petrus
How so? I mean, he turned to the light side to save his son, after all.In RotJ yes. Doesn't mean as soon as Vader learned of his son his mental state would deteriorate. Vader's allegiance to the dark side only began to wane because of his interactions with Luke (which isn't even synonymous with mental instability), not Luke's existence.

smile

DarthAnt66
No. Filloni said Vader's prime was Rebels.

Vader was in conflict in ESB. The comics made that clear when he found out about Luke.

Beniboybling
Filoni said!

And no, it didn't. erm

Nephthys
Yes.

Deronn_solo
Obviously not.

Raptor22
Don't see why they wouldnt work on him. He would probably fight thru it, but it would definitely affect him.

Darth Abonis
It would definitely affect him

NTJack0
It'd work, that doesn't mean he wouldn't fight it off and cut her in half though.

Rockydonovang
Rebels/ESB. thumb up
aside from Ahsoka, whom he saw to personally.

I thought Ahsoka's fate was ambiguous

|King Joker|
Vader would probably get through it, yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.