Nova Prime & Black Bolt vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Random encounter. Who wins?

Surtur
Superman wins unless he isn't allowed to use his speed.

deathslash
Team takes this

carver9
Originally posted by deathslash
Team takes this

Sin I AM
Originally posted by golem370
Random encounter. Who wins?

Hmmmm. ...well individually Superman is physically superior to both. He's stronger, faster, more durable. I give him a solid majority against either, individually. Problem is when he faces both. Rider has some sick shields, varied assaults and an on board battle comp that'll make it competitive with the Midnight Kings assistance.

I also think that Nova could possibly end it quickly if he somehow goaded Clark into using his hv. Then once he amps and releases said energy coupled wirh a scream they could put him down. But that's just one scenario. Imo it's a competitive match that I wouldn't be angry either way

golem370
How does Nova Prime compare to Supernova?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by golem370
How does Nova Prime compare to Supernova?

Their essentially the same character. Ones just crazy af iirc

golem370
Do you think Nova is as powerful? Because he took on multiple heros including Thor and Firelord so if Nova Prime is as powerful how could he not hang with Supes?

Sin I AM
I mean they derive their power from the same power source....the nova force. Both were the "sole" weilders. Supernova was just batshit crazy and didn't give af. Plus you have to take into consideration most villians who show up rag doll the heroes for a few issues till they pull their heads out their ass and win.

Blue Area Vet
He can use his speed all he wants, Superman would get slaughtered 10 out of 10 times. Either is a legit match for him. Robbie, a novice, a novice who was one of a fleet of NC members who were sharing the NC power, was able to pin Xenith to the ground with a gravimetric attack. Yes, Xenith is a full notch below Superman; however, a power sharing novice Robbie is at least 25 notches below Richard Rider Nova Prime, and that's being conservative.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
He can use his speed all he wants, Superman would get slaughtered 10 out of 10 times. Either is a legit match for him. Robbie, a novice, a novice who was one of a fleet of NC members who were sharing the NC power, was able to pin Xenith to the ground with a gravimetric attack. Yes, Xenith is a full notch below Superman; however, a power sharing novice Robbie is at least 25 notches below Richard Rider Nova Prime, and that's being conservative.

Nothing you said proved they were above him

h1a8
Superman fairly easily due to speed. Plus he can pretty much ko them in a couple of hits.

carver9
Nova is pretty got darn fast. Extremely fast tbh.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Nothing you said proved they were above him

To rational people, it did. The only hard proof would be if they actually met in a crossover, and even then it wouldn't count on this forum.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman fairly easily due to speed.

Superman doesn't always win due to speed, so stop it. Get a new bag of tricks.

leonidas
their only chance is bb's voice. if supes takes a couple of those he could be hurt enough that they could take him. i guess an argument could be made that it would only take ONE scream depending on which showing you want to go on. he is absolutely capable of killing either one with a blitz if he decided to go that route, which he wouldn't. fighting in character the team has a decent chance. if supes disables bb's antenna though, he def ends them both. the voice is their only real chance here--he kills either reasonably easily without it. bb was going to be killed by hulk fairly easily without his voice, and ss was said by worldmind to literally dwarf nova's power. he is well outside their weight class.

golem370
If Rider is anyway in Supernova weight class this would be a tough fight for Supes by himself.

Sin I AM
To rational people, it did. The only hard proof would be if they actually met in a crossover, and even then it wouldn't count on this forum.

Um no. You used a failed example to prove a point that was completely absurd.

abhilegend
Superman.

LordofBrooklyn
Their essentially the same character. Ones just crazy af iirc

GO READ SOME DAMN COMICS!!!!

Garthan Saal ANNIHILATES Rider!

Delta1938
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman.

JBL
Superman. Based on?

abhilegend
His feats? Are you going to argue against Superman on feats now?

deathslash
His feats? Are you going to argue against Superman on feats now? well you know, based off of feats, black bolt has nearly knocked out gladiator with a whisper, beaten on Vulcan, and one of his weakened screams drew blood from thanos. All that and I haven't even mentioned how he was capable of physically fighting namor, the hulk, or knocking out terrax. Superman hardly ever blitzes people from the get go, so I have doubts about him taking the solid majority here.

quanchi112
Team wins. BB alone beats the stuffing out of Superman.

abhilegend
Those are the feats you are talking about? Shame, I thought you bring something interesting.

Superman casually oneshots both if we go by feats routine. He doesn't needs speed to beat these feebs.

quanchi112
Those are the feats you are talking about? Shame, I thought you bring something interesting.

Superman casually oneshots both if we go by feats routine. He doesn't needs speed to beat these feebs. False. WW beat the shit out of this guy while holding back.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by quanchi112
False. WW beat the shit out of this guy while holding back. laughing

Waiting to see abhi's head explode.

carver9
well you know, based off of feats, black bolt has nearly knocked out gladiator with a whisper, beaten on Vulcan, and one of his weakened screams drew blood from thanos. All that and I haven't even mentioned how he was capable of physically fighting namor, the hulk, or knocking out terrax. Superman hardly ever blitzes people from the get go, so I have doubts about him taking the solid majority here.

Basically. He also gave Thor a fight until Thor hit his antenna. Adding in Nova is overkill.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

As if Nova can do anything to Superman. Even Xenith was wrecking him until he used a plot device to depower her.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

As if Nova can do anything to Superman. Even Xenith was wrecking him until he used a plot device to depower her. Venom beat him up. Quit ignoring canon appearances.

laughing out loud

Team, hard.

Philosophía
Superman 8/10.

h1a8
well you know, based off of feats, black bolt has nearly knocked out gladiator with a whisper, beaten on Vulcan, and one of his weakened screams drew blood from thanos. All that and I haven't even mentioned how he was capable of physically fighting namor, the hulk, or knocking out terrax. Superman hardly ever blitzes people from the get go, so I have doubts about him taking the solid majority here. You know that Superman doesn't have to blitz from the get go? Neither one is going to one shot him here. Superman, at any time, can decide to end this by nearly one shotting them at super speed.

Superman has HV. Why do people forget that? HV is potentially one of most powerful energy attacks by all heralds except the godblast.
Superman has freeze breath. He can flash freeze them for a moment and do whatever he wants to them.

Finally, Superman using his perception speed (like the diner feat with flash) is not him blitzing. He can always view these characters as near statues at anytime in the fight.

deathslash
You know that Superman doesn't have to blitz from the get go? Neither one is going to one shot him here. Superman, at any time, can decide to end this by nearly one shotting them at super speed.

Superman has HV. Why do people forget that? HV is potentially one of most powerful energy attacks by all heralds except the godblast.
Superman has freeze breath. He can flash freeze them for a moment and do whatever he wants to them.

Finally, Superman using his perception speed (like the diner feat with flash) is not him blitzing. He can always view these characters as near statues at anytime in the fight. *mentions superman not having to blitz*
*brings up superman blitzing one sentence later*

Why would either of these guys be concerned about his heat vision? It's not like it could affect the energy shield using energy manipulator or the particle/electron manipulator.

Again, you're going to have to prove that Clark can get past their shields with his breath.

Blue Area Vet
laughing out loud

As if Nova can do anything to Superman. Even Xenith was wrecking him until he used a plot device to depower her.

Lies aplenty. Old ones at that.

JBL
You know that Superman doesn't have to blitz from the get go? Neither one is going to one shot him here. Superman, at any time, can decide to end this by nearly one shotting them at super speed.

Finally, Superman using his perception speed (like the diner feat with flash) is not him blitzing. He can always view these characters as near statues at anytime in the fight. What is supermans hv going to do except get laughed at. Gladiator tried that on nova. Ain't nobody even slightly worried about freezing breath. Speedblitz?? As if these two haven't fought fast or faster opponents. Team wins. Nova pins supes while bolt wrecks him with a boo!!

Blue Area Vet
*mentions superman not having to blitz*

Why would either of these guys be concerned about his heat vision? It's not like it could affect the energy shield using energy manipulator or the particle/electron manipulator.

Again, you're going to have to prove that Clark can get past their shields with his breath.

He acts like space hoppers don't routinely encounter force akin to this heat ray vision. He h1, no one "forgot."

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by JBL
What is supermans hv going to do except get laughed at. Gladiator tried that on nova. Ain't nobody even slightly worried about freezing breath. Speedblitz?? As if these two haven't fought fast or faster opponents. Team wins. Nova pins supes while bolt wrecks him with a boo!!

And WTF is he still ignoring Bolts track record vs. Gladiator? He has never once looked inferior and Gladiator has had moments when he's made other heralds look inferior. As this because they worship at the feat of Superman like he's their god.

krisblaze
Depends on how much Nova brings to the table.

There's definitely a gap between him and the high heralds.

leonidas
it's similar to asking if 2 competent gl's (not great gl's) could beat him imo. they could cause some hassle, and if he isn't serious they might get him. otherwise they don't have too much of a shot. bb's voice is the only real question here imo. could it take him out? some showings would indicate yes, others maybe not....

"Id"

"Id"
Team wins
Next topic.

carver9
Don't understand why Nova and Black Bolt are being overlooked. They have the showings proving they could hang with him 1 one 1. It's like saying Bolt doesn't stand a chance against Savage Hulk due to Hulk's showings when overall, we have seen that he can hang.

iceman24567
Originally posted by krisblaze
Depends on how much Nova brings to the table.

There's definitely a gap between him and the high heralds. thumb up

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by "Id"
Team wins
Next topic.

clap

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by leonidas
it's similar to asking if 2 competent gl's (not great gl's) could beat him imo. they could cause some hassle, and if he isn't serious they might get him. otherwise they don't have too much of a shot. bb's voice is the only real question here imo. could it take him out? some showings would indicate yes, others maybe not....

No, it really isn't, these guys have proven to be way more durable. And why people continue to say "except for BB's voice" is beyond me. His voice, his on tap uber attack, is part of his basic skills set. Also, Superman won't brush off a full scale Nova blast.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
What is supermans hv going to do except get laughed at. Gladiator tried that on nova. Ain't nobody even slightly worried about freezing breath. Speedblitz?? As if these two haven't fought fast or faster opponents. Team wins. Nova pins supes while bolt wrecks him with a boo!!
laughing out loud

Care to elaborate on that please. Nova isnt doing shit to Superman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Don't understand why Nova and Black Bolt are being overlooked. They have the showings proving they could hang with him 1 one 1. It's like saying Bolt doesn't stand a chance against Savage Hulk due to Hulk's showings when overall, we have seen that he can hang.
Dont you love saying Hulk oneshotted Bolt?

JBL
laughing out loud

Care to elaborate on that please. Nova isnt doing shit to Superman. Not to YOUR superman, but he can hurt comic superman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Not to YOUR superman, but he can hurt comic superman.
Maybe in your dreams.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Care to elaborate on that please. Nova isnt doing shit to Superman. Yes, he is. Quit being delusional.

carver9
Dont you love saying Hulk oneshotted Bolt?

This question is kind of off topic. Something I really want to know. I know Superman has been called the most powerful being on the planet but has he been said to be the "strongest" being on Earth?

celeyhyga17
Team can take wins if Nova properly runs interference while Bolt sets up for the big shot. Clark wins if he uses his speed efficiently and is more aggressive on the onset. Plus he'd be in a better position to win if he takes Bolt out first.

Sin I AM
This question is kind of off topic. Something I really want to know. I know Superman has been called the most powerful being on the planet but has he been said to be the "strongest" being on Earth?

They're synonymous. You won't find anyone stronger on DC Earth than Clark....feat wise

DarkSaint85
Why are all fights on the thread stomps these days? Are you lot so bad at debating that everything has to be clear cut 10/10 either way?

leonidas
it's been that way for a long time now. it's because people are closed-minded or just spouting off to get a rise out of a different group of people. just one of the problems the forum faces today, but it's essentially trolling. why do you think i have half the forum on ignore these days? /shrug

celeyhyga17
Richie solos both. No contest.

Philosophía
it's been that way for a long time now. it's because people are closed-minded or just spouting off to get a rise out of a different group of people. just one of the problems the forum faces today, but it's essentially trolling. why do you think i have half the forum on ignore these days? /shrug You'd laugh if you'd see how I view threads these days. Half of the replies are on ignore.

DarkSaint85
They're also so vitrolic.

You'd think we'd insulted each other's dead mothers or something by choosing a side.

Of course, some vitriol is to be expected with the behaviour we engage in. But I'm talking about the 0-100 ramping up of hate

Sin I AM
it's been that way for a long time now. it's because people are closed-minded or just spouting off to get a rise out of a different group of people. just one of the problems the forum faces today, but it's essentially trolling. why do you think i have half the forum on ignore these days? /shrug

This guy gets it

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
They're also so vitrolic.

You'd think we'd insulted each other's dead mothers or something by choosing a side.

Of course, some vitriol is to be expected with the behaviour we engage in. But I'm talking about the 0-100 ramping up of hate

Well unless it's a spite match...i don't think any serious thread should be 10/10. There's always a margin of error

carver9
They're synonymous. You won't find anyone stronger on DC Earth than Clark....feat wise

That's ft wise. Kind of like on Earth for Hulk but we know that there are people out there stronger. Has it been said?

Sin I AM
That's ft wise. Kind of like on Earth for Hulk but we know that there are people out there stronger. Has it been said?

Has it been said that Superman is the strongest character on DC Earth? Yes. Multiple times..he is the standard for strength in DC. Sure people have beaten him but his strength is plot driven...no-one is stronger imo

carver9
Has it been said that Superman is the strongest character on DC Earth? Yes. Multiple times..he is the standard for strength in DC. Sure people have beaten him but his strength is plot driven...no-one is stronger imo

You got scans of it being said?

DarkSaint85
It's a metaphore.
But yes, they do exist. We're too lazy to look for them.

carver9
It's a metaphore.
But yes, they do exist. We're too lazy to look for them.

Agreed but I just want to know if it exist.

leonidas
@phil--lol i'm the same. my list of people NOT on ignore is much smaller than my ignore list nowadays. i find ignore is beautiful. you are assured of only seeing reasonable posters' replies. now if only there was a way to not see QUOTED posts from the trolls..... if everyone just put 6-8 people on ignore, the forum would be so much better amd threads wouldn't get bogged down. tolerating trolls is nearly as bad as trolling sometimes because the ensuing "discussions" only bog threads down needlessly. the flash/ss thread is a perfect example. i truly don't get why more people don't use ignore. constantly engaging trolls and hoping for reason is....one of the definitions of insanity, no? lol we're not here to engage trolls or d!cks (at least i'm not). we're here to have (mostly civil) discussions. why entertain anyone who's here just to cause sh!t? especially when everyone knows who they are and what they're about? /shrug

@sin: thanks. thumb up

Sin I AM
You got scans of it being said?

Scans of what? You want to see scans of dialogue of some character saying superman is the strongest one there is? Wouldnt ACTUAL feats be better evidence than hyperbole? Youre not making sense

abhilegend
Of course. Dozens of times.

But now its off topic, eh?

Sin I AM
@phil--lol i'm the same. my list of people NOT on ignore is much smaller than my ignore list nowadays. i find ignore is beautiful. you are assured of only seeing reasonable posters' replies. now if only there was a way to not see QUOTED posts from the trolls..... if everyone just put 6-8 people on ignore, the forum would be so much better amd threads wouldn't get bogged down. tolerating trolls is nearly as bad as trolling sometimes because the ensuing "discussions" only bog threads down needlessly. the flash/ss thread is a perfect example. i truly don't get why more people don't use ignore. constantly engaging trolls and hoping for reason is....one of the definitions of insanity, no? lol we're not here to engage trolls or d!cks (at least i'm not). we're here to have (mostly civil) discussions. why entertain anyone who's here just to cause sh!t? especially when everyone knows who they are and what they're about? /shrug

Good post. You can actually see what you're talking about unfolding rn in this very thread

carver9
Scans of what? You want to see scans of dialogue of some character saying superman is the strongest one there is? Wouldnt ACTUAL feats be better evidence than hyperbole? Youre not making sense

But he has been said to have equals. This is the reason I'm asking. Fts are great but sometimes you have to look past that. Example, Hulk strength fts piss on Thanos fts but a lot of people here still give Thanos the edge physically (don't know why). Thanos doesn't have a single strength showings which proves he is close to Hulk but it is what it is.

Captain Marvel has also been said to be Superman equal. Hell, looking at strength fts, Thor without Mjolnir should be able to beat Captain Marvel handily based off fts but not a single person on here will say that. This is why I am asking what I am asking. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm just asking if it does. This isn't to discredit or give credit to Superman.

carver9
Of course. Dozens of times.

But now its off topic, eh?

Do you have a scan of this.

DarkSaint85
It's a metaphore. Yes they do exist. Yes, I have them.

But I am too lazy right now.

abhilegend
Do you have a scan of this.
http://i.imgur.com/v1q6jcH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QOP6DVX.jpg

carver9
http://i.imgur.com/v1q6jcH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QOP6DVX.jpg

thumb up

quanchi112
Abhi has a hulk sig. Traitor.

Surtur
their only chance is bb's voice. if supes takes a couple of those he could be hurt enough that they could take him. i guess an argument could be made that it would only take ONE scream depending on which showing you want to go on. he is absolutely capable of killing either one with a blitz if he decided to go that route, which he wouldn't. fighting in character the team has a decent chance. if supes disables bb's antenna though, he def ends them both. the voice is their only real chance here--he kills either reasonably easily without it. bb was going to be killed by hulk fairly easily without his voice, and ss was said by worldmind to literally dwarf nova's power. he is well outside their weight class.

BB has taken out Hulk with a whisper. Oh, and Gladiator. I can't see how a full on scream wouldn't end this fight.

deathslash
Originally posted by Surtur
BB has taken out Hulk with a whisper. Oh, and Gladiator. I can't see how a full on scream wouldn't end this fight. thumb up he also downed terrax with a whisper and left Namor so injured that he couldn't escape on his own from the anti-matter bomb.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Surtur
BB has taken out Hulk with a whisper. Oh, and Gladiator. I can't see how a full on scream wouldn't end this fight.
Namor also tanked a full on scream and was momentarily stunned.

Further, he whispered in Gladiator ear from behind when he was fighting Quasar and he was momentarily stunned as well.

And Bolt screaming is as likely as Superman killing both at superspeed.

Sin I AM

True

Further, he whispered in Gladiator ear from behind when he was fighting Quasar and he was momentarily stunned as well.

True

False. He's been using his voice alot lately since he releases the mists

abhilegend
Whispering. Not shouting.

deathslash

And Bolt screaming is as likely as Superman killing both at superspeed. Namor wasn't "momentarily stunned" he was unconscious for several panels and even when he woke up, he was in no condition to escape and had to be saved by thanos.

Yes, a whisper, not a full scream and gladiator was still hurt by it.

Untrue. Boltagon has used his voice twice as often in these past few years as he has over the course of several decades. He used it on Namor ffs.

Sin I AM
Whispering. Not shouting.

Shouted at Thanos...whispered at Kang. It depends on the threat. But he's been using it alot

DarkSaint85
He screamed at Vulcan, too.

Blue Area Vet
Shouted at Thanos...whispered at Kang. It depends on the threat. But he's been using it alot

Because he's not a cold hearted killer

Blue Area Vet
Abhi has a hulk sig. Traitor.

And had a Surfer pic before that. The worst attempts at misdirection I've ever witnessed.

Blue Area Vet

You're still a liar. Namor didn't tank shit, he was completely ****ed.

Sin I AM
He screamed at Vulcan, too.

Iirc vulcan was trying to destroy attilan with that terrigan bomb. So i can see that...wok wasn't great anyway imo. Shitty arc

Blue Area Vet
True

True

False. He's been using his voice alot lately since he releases the mists

You're signing onto Abby's lies now?

DarkSaint85
Oh yeah. Was just adding to the times he's used his voice recently.

Then there's the time he used it against the US gov't.

Sin I AM
You're signing onto Abby's lies now?

He wasnt lying. He more or less got it right.

Plus what Saint said

Blue Area Vet

You are always on your soapbox batching and moaning like you are holier than thou. Why not just find another site or start your own one? Get on topic and stop crying.

Blue Area Vet
He wasnt lying. He more or less got it right.

Plus what Saint said

Namor didn't tank shit, he was 100% wrong. He was completely helpless.

quanchi112
You are always on your soapbox batching and moaning like you are holier than thou. Why not just find another site or start your own one? Get on topic and stop crying. He is so upset.

Blue Area Vet
He is so upset.

I've never seen anyone think so highly of himself. Maybe Trump. I'm sure he shits gold bars.

-Pr-
You guys should get back on topic.

abhilegend
Namor wasn't "momentarily stunned" he was unconscious for several panels and even when he woke up, he was in no condition to escape and had to be saved by thanos.

Yes, a whisper, not a full scream and gladiator was still hurt by it.

Untrue. Boltagon has used his voice twice as often in these past few years as he has over the course of several decades. He used it on Namor ffs.
Are you purposely lying now?

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148926_Avengers_2012-_041-015.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148927_Avengers_2012-_041-016.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148931_Avengers_2012-_041-017.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148933_Avengers_2012-_041-018.jpg

Namor was completely fine in the time Cabal reached him.

By a sucker attack and Gladiator shrugged it off.

Not shouting on the start of the fight though.

deathslash
Are you purposely lying now?

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148926_Avengers_2012-_041-015.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148927_Avengers_2012-_041-016.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148931_Avengers_2012-_041-017.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148933_Avengers_2012-_041-018.jpg

Namor was completely fine in the time Cabal reached him.

By a sucker attack and Gladiator shrugged it off.

Not shouting on the start of the fight though. *says that he's completely fine*
*Unspecified amount of time passes for the cabal to reach him*
*Namor isn't even on his feet yet*

abhilegend
*says that he's completely fine*
*Unspecified amount of time passes for the cabal to reach him*
*Namor isn't even on his feet yet*
They just ran to him and by the time he is fine with no scratches on him.

Can you read or what?

deathslash

Can you read or what? 1. It wasn't shown whether they ran or walked, and he was still on the ground when they got there. They even had enough time to have a conversation with each other regarding whether he was a traitor or not and he still was on his knees when they got there.

2. He got stabbed in the chest by panther and that stab wound was gone when they got there, so they took enough time for his healing factor to help deal with his injuries.

The evidence supports that he wasn't stunned but was knocked out for a brief time.

iceman24567
Well that small dust cloud? Could be an indication that he wasn't stunned for long

h1a8
*mentions superman not having to blitz*

Huh? I said Superman doesn't have to blitz from the get go. That doesn't mean he doesn't have to blitz.

Superman's HV can affect ANY herald. Yes a shield can block it. But that requires reflexes to do since it's coming from his eyes.
Also,
1. Nova and BB can't attack with his shield's up.
2. Superman can break them with punches
3. BB hardly ever uses force field.

The freeze breath can encase with a layer of ice. But Superman will not use freeze breath with their shields up.

And don't forget Superman's perception speed.

h1a8
He acts like space hoppers don't routinely encounter force akin to this heat ray vision. He h1, no one "forgot."
HV is hotter than stars. I posted a scan proving that Superman's HV is more than thousand of times hotter than a star.

Originally posted by JBL

Superman's HV can damage them easily if they don't have shields up.
Freeze breath would freeze them for more than 10 seconds. That's enough time to do whatever to them.

Fighting an opponent who has used speed before has nothing to do with with fighting against them when they are using speed.

Superman's perception speed remember? And His ability to ko each with a punch or two?

h1a8
1. It wasn't shown whether they ran or walked, and he was still on the ground when they got there. They even had enough time to have a conversation with each other regarding whether he was a traitor or not and he still was on his knees when they got there.

2. He got stabbed in the chest by panther and that stab wound was gone when they got there, so they took enough time for his healing factor to help deal with his injuries.

The evidence supports that he wasn't stunned but was knocked out for a brief time.

Namor also fell from the sky. So if he was koed (he could have just been hurt) then hitting the ground contributed to it.

Blue Area Vet
Huh? I said Superman doesn't have to blitz from the get go. That doesn't mean he doesn't have to blitz.

Superman's HV can affect ANY herald. Yes a shield can block it. But that requires reflexes to do since it's coming from his eyes.
Also,

The freeze breath can encase with a layer of ice. But Superman will not use freeze breath with their shields up.

And don't forget Superman's perception speed.

Give us a ****ing break. You don't even believe the bullshit you say. All heralds and a sizable number of metastatic and enhanced metastatic have the reflexes to dodge or block laser fire and do it routinely im.comics. All you are doing is carving a path of nonsense for your blow up doll to win and you spend 90% of your time on the board doing it.

Blue Area Vet
Namor also fell from the sky. So if he was koed (he could have just been hurt) then hitting the ground contributed to it.

falling to the ground would have no effect whatsoever on Namor, stop making shit up.

Blue Area Vet

Can you read or what?

Up to your old tricks I see. You are completely misrepresenting the time line on purpose. Your too much of a coward to post the sequence of the actually attack which clearly showed he was helpless. The panels you left out show Black Panther and Black Bolt look down on a helpless Namor and BP actually says Namor can't "shrug off" the attack AND goes on to say how he didn't want to finish him off, rather he wanted him to know it's over, know who did this to him, etc. So to somehow claim Namor wasn't strongly affected is a straight up lie. BB could have easily finished him off but chose not to because the planet was going to be destroyed and he wanted Namor to experience death in that manner. You're lies know no boundaries.

http://abload.de/img/avengers2012-040-0275ck2o.jpg

deathslash

Also,

And don't forget Superman's perception speed. what's to stop Nova from absorbing the heat vision and sending it back at Superman? We also have feats of black bolt casually smacking Vulcan's energy blasts away. What's to stop boltagon from using the master blow or from turning Clark into a living lightning rod?Originally posted by h1a8
Namor also fell from the sky. So if he was koed (he could have just been hurt) then hitting the ground contributed to it. you could be right, except for how corvus directly states that he's seen namor tank far worse than that.

h1a8
Give us a ****ing break. You don't even believe the bullshit you say. All heralds and a sizable number of metastatic and enhanced metastatic have the reflexes to dodge or block laser fire and do it routinely im.comics. All you are doing is carving a path of nonsense for your blow up doll to win and you spend 90% of your time on the board doing it. Feats aren't shared per rules. Prove that these two have the speed and reflexes to block eye beams. Show me some feats. Otherwise you are trolling.

h1a8
what's to stop Nova from absorbing the heat vision and sending it back at Superman? We also have feats of black bolt casually smacking Vulcan's energy blasts away. What's to stop boltagon from using the master blow or from turning Clark into a living lightning rod? you could be right, except for how corvus directly states that he's seen namor tank far worse than that.

His lack of reflexes is to stop him from absorbing it and also the possibility it's too powerful for him to absor . Eye beams are not the same as hand beams.
Superman's perception and movement speed is what will stop the masterblow (not that it will do much).

Blue Area Vet
His lack of reflexes is to stop him from absorbing it and also the possibility it's too powerful for him to absor . Eye beams are not the same as hand beams.
Superman's perception and movement speed is what will stop the masterblow (not that it will do much).

laughing out loud

Let me ask you a question. With all the time Bolt has fought Gladiator evenly, are you suggesting he didn't have the reflexes to match him?

celeyhyga17
what's to stop Nova from absorbing the heat vision and sending it back at Superman? We also have feats of black bolt casually smacking Vulcan's energy blasts away. What's to stop boltagon from using the master blow or from turning Clark into a living lightning rod? you could be right, except for how corvus directly states that he's seen namor tank far worse than that.
Pretty sure master blow isn't his his best attack if we go by actual on panel results. That shiet is soon corny.

Superman would sidestep the ms and karate chop Boltagon for using such a stooped tactic.

h1a8
laughing out loud

Let me ask you a question. With all the time Bolt has fought Gladiator evenly, are you suggesting he didn't have the reflexes to match him?

Characters often don't fight with their speed unless its their only power. Peer Characters usually fight with equal speed in comics. Look at the Gladiator Hulk fight.

deathslash
Superman's perception and movement speed is what will stop the masterblow (not that it will do much). huh so heat vision (an energy based attack) isn't even remotely close to an energy blast? Moreover, casually swatting away an energy blast in close quarters (which would mean that he had less time to react to it) in no way proves that he can react to heat vision? WTF?

Raptor22
falling to the ground would have no effect whatsoever on Namor, stop making shit up. i disagree with alot of the stuff h1 says as much as anyone, but doesn't BP in the first panal of the scan u posted flat out tell us that namor cant just shrug off the fall from the platform? I mean h1's statement of-

"Namor also fell from the sky. So if he was koed (he could have just been hurt) then hitting the ground contributed to it." -h1

Seems to echo pretty closely bp's thoughts of-

" but even he doesn't have the ability to simply shrug off what we-and the resulting fall from this platform- did to him.

Like i said, i usually disagree with h1's logic, and i could be misinterpreting something, but i think this is 1 we have to give him.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Pretty sure master blow isn't his his best attack if we go by actual on panel results. That shiet is soon corny.

Superman would sidestep the ms and karate chop Boltagon for using such a stooped tactic.

I think the point is he has a lot of attacks at his disposal. Superman wouldn't side step a Master Blow AFTER a voice attack.

Blue Area Vet
Characters often don't fight with their speed unless its their only power. Peer Characters usually fight with equal speed in comics. Look at the Gladiator Hulk fight.

So you are arguing with yourself now? You are the one always ignoring the rule about characters fighting in character. You.

deathslash
Originally posted by Raptor22
i disagree with alot of the stuff h1 says as much as anyone, but doesn't BP in the first panal of the scan u posted flat out tell us that namor cant just shrug off the fall from the platform? I mean h1's statement of-

"Namor also fell from the sky. So if he was koed (he could have just been hurt) then hitting the ground contributed to it." -h1

" but even he doesn't have the ability to simply shrug off what we-and the resulting fall from this platform- did to him.

Like i said, i usually disagree with h1's logic, and i could be misinterpreting something, but i think this is 1 we have to give him. that could be the case, but that would directly fly in the face of his established history of taking worse than that and corvus Glaive outright saying that he's seen namor take worse than that sort of fall without any injury.

Blue Area Vet
i disagree with alot of the stuff h1 says as much as anyone, but doesn't BP in the first panal of the scan u posted flat out tell us that namor cant just shrug off the fall from the platform? I mean h1's statement of-

Like i said, i usually disagree with h1's logic, and i could be misinterpreting something, but i think this is 1 we have to give him.

First of all, that is a secondary point to the effectiveness of BB voice attack. Having said that, the fall would have been a nonfactor were it not for the attack. Namor wouldn't have felt that fall at all given his incredible durability, the durapidity that allows him to shrug off class 100 blows from Thor, Ironman, Hulk and Hercules.

Getting back to the culprit that started this entire thing, ABBY WHINEHOUSE, who is apparently too chicken to show his face, is the one who claimed Namor brushed off the attack. The scans he intentionally didn't post not only shows that Namor didn't brush off the attack, the dialogue actually says he couldn't "shrug off" the attack, directly contradicting Abby. He single handedly made this post foolish.

Blue Area Vet
that could be the case, but that would directly fly in the face of his established history of taking worse than that and corvus Glaive outright saying that he's seen namor take worse than that sort of fall without any injury.

Correct, the fall would be nothing without the initial injury. The fall delayed his recovery.

Raptor22
that could be the case, but that would directly fly in the face of his established history of taking worse than that and corvus Glaive outright saying that he's seen namor take worse than that sort of fall without any injury. i dont see how that would contradict anything. H1 simply said that the fall in addition to having been hurt by bb's voice, could have contributed to the ko.

Namor has taken worse than that and not been ko'd, but not after taking a bb shout to the face. Glaive said that without knowledge of namor taking bb's shout. If he knew that he got hit with that first, he probably would have thought something like "yep that makes sense, i totes get why that fall wrecked him".

Raptor22
First of all, that is a secondary point to the effectiveness of BB voice attack. Having said that, the fall would have been a nonfactor were it not for the attack. Namor wouldn't have felt that fall at all given his incredible durability, the durapidity that allows him to shrug off class 100 blows from Thor, Ironman, Hulk and Hercules.

Getting back to the culprit that started this entire thing, ABBY WHINEHOUSE, who is apparently too chicken to show his face, is the one who claimed Namor brushed off the attack. The scans he intentionally didn't post not only shows that Namor didn't brush off the attack, the dialogue actually says he couldn't "shrug off" the attack, directly contradicting Abby. He single handedly made this post foolish. but thats pretty much what h1 said. He said that the fall could have contributed to the ko after being hurt by the blast.

U said the fall would have no effect on namor whatsoever, but it would if he took a bb shout to the face first, and in this scenario and h1's statement he did.

Did abby leave those scans out intentionality? Almost certainly

Am i going to get involved in that mess? Not a chance in hell

celeyhyga17
Did abby leave those scans out intentionality? Almost certainly

Am i going to get involved in that mess? Not a chance in hell
laughing out loud

thumb up

quanchi112
Oh Abby. How embarrassing.

laughing out loud

Ps. He always gets caught.

-Pr-
Stop bashing. All of you.

abhilegend
1. It wasn't shown whether they ran or walked, and he was still on the ground when they got there. They even had enough time to have a conversation with each other regarding whether he was a traitor or not and he still was on his knees when they got there.

Yes, and he was fine all along. Stunned and being on ground doesn't means he was somehow koed all of a sudden.

Or that he is a fast healer. We even see him getting blasted out and he doesn't has any marks on him that shows him even bloodied.

Koed for a short time by a full on shout? Yes. But are you going to argue Namor is anywhere near Superman in durability now?

Genii96
Up to your old tricks I see. You are completely misrepresenting the time line on purpose. Your too much of a coward to post the sequence of the actually attack which clearly showed he was helpless. The panels you left out show Black Panther and Black Bolt look down on a helpless Namor and BP actually says Namor can't "shrug off" the attack AND goes on to say how he didn't want to finish him off, rather he wanted him to know it's over, know who did this to him, etc. So to somehow claim Namor wasn't strongly affected is a straight up lie. BB could have easily finished him off but chose not to because the planet was going to be destroyed and he wanted Namor to experience death in that manner. You're lies know no boundaries.

http://abload.de/img/avengers2012-040-0275ck2o.jpg

I don't mean to intrude in your arguments

But Panther attributes the damage to both their combined attacks and fall. He also notes it would take a second to fully recover. We see him recovering as BP is speaking as well.

He was stunned yes. But not KOd.

BP didn't want to finish him off by setting off the bomb immediately because he wanted namor to know it was him .

And btw, BB hit with a complete statement which ended with a scream

Sin I AM
A couple issues i had with that black bolt scene with namor. Y did the sentence he spoke not seem to have any effect on namor?
And isnt Black Bolts voice been stated to be weaker than it was in the past?
Also it seems like it was more of a high showing for namor than a low showing for BB. All things considered

deathslash
Originally posted by Genii96
I don't mean to intrude in your arguments

But Panther attributes the damage to both their combined attacks and fall. He also notes it would take a second to fully recover. We see him recovering as BP is speaking as well.

He was stunned yes. But not KOd.

BP didn't want to finish him off by setting off the bomb immediately because he wanted namor to know it was him .

And btw, BB hit with a complete statement which ended with a scream pretty certain that he was ko'd. We see him unconscious in the second panel and panther say as that he'll give Namor a few minutes (note that a few is at least three, otherwise panther could have just said a couple). We also see in the final three panels that although he's come back to consciousness, he still hasn't even begun to get to his feet. Even if we seriously played up that fall and said that it did half of the damage (which is laughable btw because namor's taken far worse), that would still mean that he was knocked out for roughly a minute and a half because of boltagons scream.

abhilegend
So Superman oneshots both? Good to know its settled.

mighty adam
Nova prime didn't he hold back thanos? Bb been jobbing lately so supes probably knock him out quickly. Prime is a beast tho he mite be able to win

deathslash
Originally posted by mighty adam
Nova prime didn't he hold back thanos? Bb been jobbing lately so supes probably knock him out quickly. Prime is a beast tho he mite be able to win when has black bolt jobbed?

mighty adam
when has black bolt jobbed? he went form destroying solar flares and beating top tiers to losing to people he shouldn't

carver9
Who did he lose too?

mighty adam
Who did he lose too? A bum call gladiator aka the Brooklyn bawler

carver9
A bum call gladiator aka the Brooklyn bawler

Jane just lost to Gladiator. Choked her to sleep. Is she a jobber as well? Also, when did he lose to Gladiator?

mighty adam
Jane just lost to Gladiator. Choked her to sleep. Is she a jobber as well? Also, when did he lose to Gladiator? during war of kings I believe. So glads beat jane oh owell fck her never thought the sick lil girl shoukd have been given the power of thor anyways. You got scans I wanna see. Oh and did hulk beat the 13000 something hyperion the really powerful one or one of the bums. I want scans of that too if you have them

carver9
http://i.imgur.com/ErUNZb1m.jpg http://i.imgur.com/QgysaWLm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/sROMzQwm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/muA7L15m.jpg http://i.imgur.com/NViAQ4Tm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/csqfsW6m.jpg http://i.imgur.com/KAAEv0km.jpg

mighty adam
http://i.imgur.com/ErUNZb1m.jpg http://i.imgur.com/QgysaWLm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/sROMzQwm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/muA7L15m.jpg http://i.imgur.com/NViAQ4Tm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/csqfsW6m.jpg http://i.imgur.com/KAAEv0km.jpg she had him then was blasted from behind. She was gonna do him dirty they robbed jane. Kool lil fight tho thumb up thumb up

mighty adam
Please post the scans of hulk beating hyperion senseless. Any word of them bringing Bruce back to hulk or we gotta ride it out with Asian hulk for a while?

Sin I AM
Jane just lost to Gladiator. Choked her to sleep. Is she a jobber as well? Also, when did he lose to Gladiator?

That's not what happened

quanchi112
Superman loses.

deathslash
during war of kings I believe. So glads beat jane oh owell fck her never thought the sick lil girl shoukd have been given the power of thor anyways. You got scans I wanna see. Oh and did hulk beat the 13000 something hyperion the really powerful one or one of the bums. I want scans of that too if you have them erm ............In war war of kings, he's explicitly shown to be capable of brawling with gladiator and only "loses" because he was being disoriented by another member of the imperial guard that was messing with his voice and then he got cheapshotted. He even got up a little bit later and only suffered cosmetic damage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.