Was Dooku a "sith pretender"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Maul claims Dooku is a sith pretender here: https://youtu.be/d22ka_a1Uo0?t=2m52s

Do you believe his claim could be valid? If so, why?

Could Dooku's previous jedi history have something to do with it? Is Maul simply discontent with his replacement to Sidious?

SunRazer
Well, at that point, I'd argue that Maul was the "Sith pretender", since Dooku was occupying one of the two positions in the Order of the Sith Lords right now. Maul was an outcast trying to create his own self-proclaimed Sith Order.

Did Maul even know of Dooku's history at that point?

ILS
Nope. Dooku was the real deal.

But he was a Jedi at one point, and we know how Maul feels about them.

Think it's worth noting that Dooku consciously chose to be a Sith, engage in mass genocide (including of the Jedi), xenophobia, exploitation, deception and perpetuation of overall suffering, after 70 years of life experience. If that makes him a Sith pretender, then Maul being groomed from infancy is even worse.

Short version: Sith are just arrogant.

Deronn_solo
Yep.

Dooku was just a tool who got played like a ***** - nothing more.

SunRazer
@ILS - thumb up

SunRazer
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Yep.

Dooku was just a tool who got played like a ***** - nothing more.

That has nothing to do with whether he was a pretender or not, lmao.

Deronn_solo
i has mah own criteria, u has yur own. 2 me he isnt a reel sith lord.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Yep.

Dooku was just a tool who got played like a ***** - nothing more. Isn't that the job description of a Sith apprentice?

Darth Abonis
No

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.