Taboo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
New show starring Tom Hardy as the lead. Watched ep1-2, so far it's intriguing and worth the watch, imo.

Set in 1814, Taboo follows James Keziah Delaney, a man who has been to the ends of the earth and comes back irrevocably changed. Believed to be long dead, he returns home to London from Africa to inherit what is left of his father's shipping empire and rebuild a life for himself. But his father's legacy is a poisoned chalice, and with enemies lurking in every dark corner, James must navigate increasingly complex territories to avoid his own death sentence. Encircled by conspiracy, murder and betrayal, a dark family mystery unfolds in a combustible tale of love and treachery.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/taboo/about

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3647998/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taboo_(2017_TV_series)

BruceSkywalker
I love this show...

it is excellent..

I recommend it

carthage
Will probably check this out at some point, too enamored with the Young Pope lol

Flyattractor
First episode wasn't bad and showed some potential, will give it a few more views before supporting it.

Mindset
I like it.

Patient_Leech
Heard this show is a slow-burn, but Hardy promises it heats up...

I'm not sure if the premise is interesting to me or not, but Tom Hardy is great, so I may give it a chance at some point.

snowdragon
I enoyed the first two episodes and will continue watching.

I thought it was interesting that taboo was about the East India Trading Company and the new netflix series Frontier came out and was about the Hudson Bay trading company.

Mindset
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Heard this show is a slow-burn, but Hardy promises it heats up...

I'm not sure if the premise is interesting to me or not, but Tom Hardy is great, so I may give it a chance at some point. It's not a slow burn.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Mindset
It's not a slow burn.

Are you calling Tom Hardy a liar?

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
It's not a slow burn.

More of a medium heat, cooking perfectly and thoroughly.

Mindset
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Are you calling Tom Hardy a liar? Yes

Robtard
After the last ep. not sure you want to be calling Hardy a liar.

BruceSkywalker
this is an awesome show

Dreampanther
Soooo... Finally started watching Taboo. So far I'm loving it.

jaden101
Started watching this this week. Easily the highest production values of an original bbc series for quite some time. So far Oona Chaplin has been the only weak performance in it. Tom Hardy, and Jonathan Pryce have both been excellent and it also has one of the best and most underrated British actors in it namely Stephen Graham (he played Al Capone in Boardwalk Empire and Combo in This is England)

Excellent so far. Looking forward to watching the rest as I'm only on episode 4

Dreampanther
Season finale tonight.

Arachnid1
This show is solid. Not amazing, but good.

Great villains, great protagonist, and pretty good supporting cast. Fking lol @ every scene with Dr. Cholmondeley. Zilpha is the weakest part of the show by far though. I lose interest in just about every scene she's in.

Arachnid1
I was kind of disappointed at how neat everything tied up. It all went too easy. This season was a 6/7/10.

At least Zilpha died though.

staxamillion
heard a lot of good abput this. ill put it on the list

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.