Episode 8 Title - THE LAST JEDI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
http://i.imgur.com/GCsTQmr.jpg

Thoughts? smile

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed

Bashar Teg
wow, so creative. -_-

episode 9: attack of the last jedi striking back

Beniboybling
Lol. smile

Ursumeles
Not the First Order strikes back?

coolmovies
I Love it and cant wait for the movie

ares834

quanchi112
Love the title. Entusiasm is through the roof. Snoke and Kylo.

Beniboybling
yes

quanchi112
Originally posted by Beniboybling
yes Hardly anyone has respected the bad guys save a few. They are still obsessed with the Ot baddies. I can't eat to see them turn. Watch. It'll happen.

Beniboybling
they'll be sucking a Kylo's teets, yeah

DarthDuelist9
I do like the title itself the only problem is that the 6th installement was called "The Return of the Jedi", it does kind of cheapen that.

NewGuy01
The Force Awakens was just as bad of a title.

JediRobin23
I like it.....

Probably one of the best ones. Better than the force awakens and attack of the clones.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
I do like the title itself the only problem is that the 6th installement was called "The Return of the Jedi", it does kind of cheapen that.

My problem with the new storyline in a nutshell. 👍
Hopefully it will tell us something different.

DarthDuelist9
Indeed, I actually like the characters that are introduced but they storyline should have been more like in Legends, a sequel, instead of a reboot.

Beniboybling
I think it's a good title, and if anything resonates with ROTJ as it's referring to the same person, I also feel it fits thematically with the Force Awakens in terms of endings/beginnings etc.

Not sure what the significance of the red title is, is reminiscent of early Revenge/Return of the Jedi logoes though.

queeq
It's okay. Not super, but fine. Better than Attack of the Clones... or The Phantom Menace.

Kurk
Yeah it does take away from return of the Jedi, but I don't have a problem with it. I don't judge movies by their titles anyway like some prejudiced child.

queeq
Hehehe... very wise.

JediRobin23
It does make sense though....

Luke being the last Jedi and the movie is supposed to start where ep 7 left off...

Good it doesn't imply anything for the plot. I mean, look at "the force awakens", Still doesn't say anything other than Rey is a new light force being that starts to fight

quanchi112
they'll be sucking a Kylo's teets, yeah I will make all the doubters of the new trilogy pay.

juggernaut74
Interesting enough but that title was actually spoken in the Force Awakens.

JediRobin23
Reminder...

https://youtu.be/qkVDyikw8Tg

Lord Lucien
Do you guys remember all those other really great titles from previous Star Wars movies? Titles like... Star Wars. Or Return (not Revenge) of the Jedi.

Or The Phantom Menace. Or Attack of the Clones.

Yeah, awesome movie titles aren't this franchise's strong point. Kind of pointless and super late to be b*tching so hard about it now.

JediRobin23
I'm willing to bet "the empire strikes back"" was the best cause of Irvin kershner (anti Hollywood)

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Star Wars.I liked this one.

ares834

Robtard
Pretty much, just kind of of there. Doesn't really move you and pick at the emotional strings like 'The Empire Strikes Back', 'Return of The Jedi' or even 'Revenge of The Sith' do. But I'm not too worried about the titles.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by quanchi112
I will make all the doubters of the new trilogy pay.

Isn't Your presence is punishment enough....

queeq
Originally posted by Robtard
Pretty much, just kind of of there. Doesn't really move you and pick at the emotional strings like 'The Empire Strikes Back', 'Return of The Jedi' or even 'Revenge of The Sith' do. But I'm not too worried about the titles.

All these titles are cheesy 50s b-movie titles. They're supposed to be.

Bashar Teg
kind of a spoiler title, since at the moment there are 2 jedi.

luke dies.

Lord Lucien
Maybe it's a trick title. Maybe Jedi is plural.

Bashar Teg
a valid point, but i highly doubt it.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
kind of a spoiler title, since at the moment there are 2 jedi.

luke dies. Rey isn't a Jedi.

Lord Lucien
a valid point, but i highly doubt it. I'm being an optimist B-dawg, don't ruin this for me!

Bashar Teg
Rey isn't a Jedi.

the titles refer to events of their respective films, not events before the films.
its pretty obvious that rey will be training as a jedi under luke at the start.

Beniboybling
Not really. Luke already went through that and then exiled himself, there is no guarantee he will rinse and repeat.

Personally I think it would be more interesting if the title referred to their final extinction, we'll see.

That said, it's not as if Rey would immediately be a Jedi at the start of the movie anyway.

Bashar Teg
Not really. Luke already went through that and then exiled himself, there is no guarantee he will rinse and repeat.

just like ben?
also, it's kinda required to push the story forward.

Personally I think it would be more interesting if the title referred to their final extinction, we'll see.

that's an interesting take. rey turns evil and kills luke, maybe? could be.

Robtard
IMO,

Can't see the Jedi going extinction, despite moments of bleakness, SW is about good/light triumphing over evil/dark.

While I expect Luke to be reluctant in initially training Rey, I think it's a safe bet he'll have a change of heart and train her from some pivotal reason(s). edit; Then again, there's a good reason already, Luke's former apprentice killed Luke's BFF, the guy who ****ed his sister proper

I also see Luke dying as an emotional trigger for Rey and as a means of passing the torch. Old generation to new.

Bashar Teg
unless maybe luke is keeping a secret from her that would make her resentful and untrusting, the way ben/yoda did with luke. maybe something relating to her origin.

Beniboybling
just like ben?
also, it's kinda required to push the story forward.

that's an interesting take. rey turns evil and kills luke, maybe? could be. Ben went into exile for completely different reasons, in fact the opposite reason, to train the next generation of Jedi. Luke went into hiding because he tried and failed to do that, so has obviously developed some angst on the subject.

And Rey doesn't have to be Jedi to be good, she could be something new, like Kylo.

Robtard
unless maybe luke is keeping a secret from her that would make her resentful and untrusting, the way ben/yoda did with luke. maybe something relating to her origin. Like she's the ill begotten spawn of the galaxy's filthiest whore?

But yeah, there's likely some deep seated drama to Rey's background, wouldn't be surprised.

Beniboybling
IMO,

Can't see the Jedi going extinction, despite moments of bleakness, SW is about good/light triumphing over evil/dark.

While I expect Luke to be reluctant in initially training Rey, I think it's a safe bet he'll have a change of heart and train her from some pivotal reason(s). edit; Then again, there's a good reason already, Luke's former apprentice killed Luke's BFF, the guy who ****ed his sister proper

I also see Luke dying as an emotional trigger for Rey and as a means of passing the torch. Old generation to new. Like I said to Teg, Jedi don't have a monopoly on good, just like Sith don't have a monopoly on evil.

Honestly one key theme of this new trilogy appears to be more than just a passing of the baton, but a transformation. The Galactic Empire has been replaced with the First Order, the Sith have been abandoned for the Knights of Ren, they tried to bring the Republic back, but now its gone, why should the Jedi be exempt?

Robtard
Fair enough, but as Billyboy Shakespeare once wrote: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." The First Order might as well be The Empire etc. etc. etc.

IMO, I don't see Disney abandoning the Jedi, it's synonymous/ingrained with Star Wars.

Bashar Teg
kinda what robtard said. also rebranding the jedi would be lame imo.

Beniboybling
They did it with the Sith, so I'm not so much seeing this as an obstacle.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Isn't Your presence is punishment enough.... I am a huge impact player. You really do worship me.

quanchi112
They did it with the Sith, so I'm not so much seeing this as an obstacle. I don't see a problem with something different. Kylo already did one better than Vader in one film. Can't wait to see what's in store for the superior bad guy faction the First Order.

Bashar Teg
They did it with the Sith, so I'm not so much seeing this as an obstacle.

sith were not even mentioned in film until TPM. the jedi moniker is far more significant to the saga, and most importantly: merchandising

Robtard
Exactly, it's more to do with $$$ than Disney wanting to hold onto nostalgia. I just can't see it happening and would be very surprised if "Jedi" was dumped in/after ep9.

Beniboybling
It's not a question of dumping it, but simply not applying it to Rey.

Just look at the Original Trilogy, Luke didn't become a proper Jedi until the end of the ROTJ, until that point it was distant concept dangled over him by old men in robes from a bygone era. In this new trilogy, Luke already embodies that same role, the concept of Jedi is already deeply woven into the script, but I don't it's necessary for Rey to adopt the role for the concept to be successful.

Again, for the majority of the OT, Luke is not a Jedi, you talk about merchandising, and yet Rey is already widely popular, and her toys sell like hotcakes, but she is not a Jedi. I feel as if we overstate the significance of the title, that's not at all what people identify with, it's a hero wielding a laser sword, fighting the bad guys with the good side of the Force.

Robtard
Obviously who knows, unless one of us can see into the future. But I feel Rey will become a Jedi, in both function and name. Kudos to you if you end up being correct.

ares834

quanchi112
Oh for ****s sake.

Robtard

Beniboybling
Obviously who knows, unless one of us can see into the future. But I feel Rey will become a Jedi, in both function and name. Kudos to you if you end up being correct. It's more than possible, yeah. But I disagree with Ares, there is nothing sacrosanct about the Jedi imo.

Robtard
I'd have to side with Ares on that one. Unless maybe there's a third option, like semi-sacrosanct, partial sacrosanctity, mostly sacrosanct or other? wink

Flyattractor
Originally posted by quanchi112
I am a huge impact player. You really do worship me.

More like we just get down low to the ground to avoid the smell...

queeq
Giving the Luke treatment and waiting until the third film to give the Jedi merit badge is what you're saying.

Maybe it's going to be as ambiguous as ROTJ was. Which is fine.

juggernaut74
Rey isn't a Jedi. He's talking about Kanan. smile

quanchi112
More like we just get down low to the ground to avoid the smell... Your jokes like your appearance, terrible.

Robtard
Originally posted by queeq
Maybe it's going to be as ambiguous as ROTJ was. Which is fine.

Well, we do have the title leading us to believe Luke's a Jedi and Luke's obvious increase in both power and mastership of the Force compared to epV. eg First showing we see him casually Force-Choke two Gamorreans with contemptuous ease. He's also wearing all black, come on, queeg. All black.

Beniboybling
He's also wearing all black, come on, queeg. All black. he's a Sith yeah, and as soon as Rey gets within arm's reach he'll sucker punch her.

Robtard
Exactly; that's why the scene quickly cut out.

queeq
Well, we do have the title leading us to believe Luke's a Jedi and Luke's obvious increase in both power and mastership of the Force compared to epV. eg First showing we see him casually Force-Choke two Gamorreans with contemptuous ease. He's also wearing all black, come on, queeg. All black.

Ah yes, I'm sure we'll get the BIG TWIST in TLJ.

Flyattractor
he's a Sith yeah, and as soon as Rey gets within arm's reach he'll sucker punch her.

I hope for a Falcon Punch.

Beniboybling
https://68.media.tumblr.com/cb719a14d494157bb1ceb2a83942a49b/tumblr_okctp9SfTl1w4n2u7o1_1280.jpg

Lol.

queeq
laughing out loud

Bashar Teg
apparently "jedi" is plural, as it applies to the new title

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-last-jedi-plural-title/

queeq
Well, that was part of the debate. It's settled now.

So EpIX could be titled: 'The New Jedi". wink

Bashar Teg
The newer jedi

queeq
Hehehe

Lord Stark
Maybe it's a trick title. Maybe Jedi is plural.

You are correct. Los is plural. Multiple Jedi confirmed.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/16797891_10207830010851536_7624339053733342313_o.jpg?oh=94aaae0c2aeb6f18a58642dcac637cff&oe=59486C04

Rebel95
What do you guys think this means then? Will Luke (and Rey) be the last jedi in the disney canon? Or does it just mean they're currently the last jedi

quanchi112
It means everyone opposing Snoke is in deep shit, sporto.

Flyattractor
They are stepping on Snoke's face?

Cause dat looks like shit.

quanchi112
They are stepping on Snoke's face?

Cause dat looks like shit. Quit trolling.

Lord Lucien
Did you guys hear they're making a new Star Wars movie?

queeq
What?! Nooo... I don't believe it. When? When?!

Lord Lucien
Sometime in 2014-15. Apparently it's gonna take place 30 years after everyone got sick of endless Star Wars movies.

queeq
Wow... some news? Why isn't everyone talking about this? The best news EVAH!! I hope they have friggin' flashing lightsabers, more lasers, more ships, AT-AT's, AT-ST's, Tie fighters... and what would be the coolest: a black X-Wing!! I hope they do it right this time.

Beniboybling
lmao

Lord Lucien
Wow... some news? Why isn't everyone talking about this? The best news EVAH!! I hope they have friggin' flashing lightsabers, more lasers, more ships, AT-AT's, AT-ST's, Tie fighters... and what would be the coolest: a black X-Wing!! I hope they do it right this time. PpKmyCywboQ

queeq
Rich is a great inspiration for all of us. Especially his laugh.

JediRobin23
Maybe they will end it at IX and make the old republic movies with Darth Nihilus. Then it will all be new with absolutely no connections to EP 1-6....

Then 'The Last Jedi', it will be....

queeq
Yes, more old characters from the former EU. More nostalgia, more stuff we know. SW is gonna soar!

JediRobin23
Logic says, episode IX should be called 'Return of the Sith'..........

Lord Lucien
Oh god, it's gonna become an ouroboros of titles and plot. Jedi meet Sith, Sith kill Jedi, Jedi resurrect, Jedi kill Sith.

Sith resurrect, Sith meet Jedi...

ares834
Woman inherits the Earth?

Lord Lucien
Station willing.

queeq
No, Death Star willing... wink

JediRobin23
Oh god, it's gonna become an ouroboros of titles and plot. Jedi meet Sith, Sith kill Jedi, Jedi resurrect, Jedi kill Sith.

Sith resurrect, Sith meet Jedi...

Did you not see that when they started with episode 7......

Lord Lucien
I've been told by an old gypsy woman that every time I say something flippant, someone oblivious feels a gust of wind go over their head.

JediRobin23
Find a new gypsy women then. :-)

Zenwolf
So Q as I can't seem to remember, did the First Order have more than just the Flagship Finalizer? I can't recall if we ever saw a FO Fleet.

coolmovies
Frank Oz hints Yoda may return in Star Wars: The Last Jedi

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/frank-oz-seems-to-hint-yoda-may-be-back-in-star-wars-the-last-jedi-224720220.html

Lord Lucien
ZfYBsuBzulE

queeq
Excellent point.

JediRobin23
I imagine Yoda's spirits still around. Best not to think about it....as maybe he will be in the movie....but if you get your hopes up.....and he's not in the film....then your disappointed.

There's enough garbage theory writing going on....

queeq
Yup. Better not listen to it.

Bashar Teg
zB4I68XVPzQ

Beniboybling
"It's time for the Jedi to end."

Called it. smile

Rebel95
Hype

queeq
But good. Interesting trailer... not mind blowing, but certainly interesting.

coolmovies
Looks very good i cant wait for this movie to come out

Lord Lucien
Anyone else think they'll kill off Luke in this one? To pull the rug out from Death before he can claim Mark Hamill prematurely?

DarthAnt66
I'd be surprised if they didn't kill Luke off, yeah.

JediRobin23
If he does then he will probably be a force ghost in IX, unless yoda/Obiwan didn't teach him the path to immortality........

Rey force levitating pebbles instead of stones. Nice to see her force progression slow down....perhaps......What's with the spray painting of the Desert ground?

There's a whisper that sounds like "Help me Obiwan" which I thought was cool....

laughing out loud Rens lightsaber crossgaurd is still there which will probably still piss off fans.

Anyway, still looks good....

Lord Lucien
Maybe I'm just getting old and bored with the same thing, but I can't help but be completely apathetic toward the new movie. I still remember my excitement when the Prequels were coming out. It feels weird to feel nothing now.

JediRobin23
Maybe, we should all... not get our hopes up.......

queeq
I am not. That last line 'It's time for the Jedi to end...' that does sound promising. Other than that, it's okay, not mind blowing or anything.

I saw a lot of things I've seen before: a Highlander training shot on a cliff, I saw rocks levitate, I saw space ships causing the planet surface to squirt upwards, I saw space battles, a familiar Hoth shaped hangar with a spaceship being attacked by the baddies...

It's the Luke thing that intrigues me, though.... there appears to be a character with some depth in this one. All we can do is wait.

JediRobin23
Heard that it's confirmed ep8 will have an opening crawl. My guess they filled up 3 paragraphs of what is happening side to the story.

Just glad they didn't take the crawl out....but, of course they wouldn't...

queeq
Nope. Not for the saga.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Heard that it's confirmed ep8 will have an opening crawl. My guess they filled up 3 paragraphs of what is happening side to the story.

Just glad they didn't take the crawl out....but, of course they wouldn't... sLoDsYm8YIQ

Beniboybling
I am not. That last line 'It's time for the Jedi to end...' that does sound promising. Other than that, it's okay, not mind blowing or anything.

I saw a lot of things I've seen before: a Highlander training shot on a cliff, I saw rocks levitate, I saw space ships causing the planet surface to squirt upwards, I saw space battles, a familiar Hoth shaped hangar with a spaceship being attacked by the baddies...

It's the Luke thing that intrigues me, though.... there appears to be a character with some depth in this one. All we can do is wait. Did you see the AT-ATs tho? I did. smile

queeq
AT-AT'S! AT-AT'S! AT-AT'S!

JediRobin23
Yah for AT-AT's!......

Oh wait, where did they go in Rogue one....ah, maybe in this one....or upgraded first order type that resists harpoons and tow cables...

queeq
Maybe they hover.

Bashar Teg
ye6GCY_vqYk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

JediRobin23
ye6GCY_vqYk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

Patience.........

queeq
Looks okay.

JediRobin23

queeq
The kid with the broom might be the last Jedi as well.

And Rey DOES have the lightsaber, except jay boy's in pieces. And she has the Jedi books. So a lot can happen from here on.

I expect the next movie to jump in time big time. Like 10 years or so. That would allow Leia to die with dignity and Rey to grow strong and mature.

Darth Thor

queeq
She has something to read when she's bored. But pageturners they are not.

JediRobin23

Zenwolf

I expect the next movie to jump in time big time. Like 10 years or so. That would allow Leia to die with dignity and Rey to grow strong and mature.

That's very optimistic of you.

JediRobin23
Feel the need.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUB6Un9TR7o

Remind yourself when you first watched this......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.