Tug of war

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
They are just pulling with all the strength they have. Let's not throw skill into this. Who wins?

Team DC...

Superman
Black Adam
Orion

vs

Hulk
Thor
Hyperion

Who's taking this?

TethAdamTheRock
Tie

tkitna
Marvel

Stoic
DC wins this, and it may just be with ease.

2 of the characters on the DC side has innate control of gravity. Superman, and Teth.

1 of the characters on the Marvel side has innate control of gravity. Hyperion.

Why does this matter? Well they would immediately be able to root themselves in place, while the Marvel guys would need to dig in. this would take precious time that they wouldn't possess when the gong rung.

1, 2, 3 Pull, and it's all over.

EcstaticGrace
Marvel, and this is stacked in their favor.

riv6672
Originally posted by Stoic

2 of the characters on the DC side has innate control of gravity. Superman, and Teth.

Why does this matter? Well they would immediately be able to root themselves in place, while the Marvel guys would need to dig in. this would take precious time that they wouldn't possess when the gong rung.

What the f**k?

Stoic
Originally posted by riv6672
What the f**k?

I nearly wrote you a lengthy paragraph on why DC wins, but instead I'm going to ask you what has you confused?

Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Marvel, and this is stacked in their favor.

Reasons?

tkitna
Thor and Hyp just need to tell Hulk not to lose. He'll get pissed if they start to and then its over.

EcstaticGrace
I nearly wrote you a lengthy paragraph on why DC wins, but instead I'm going to ask you what has you confused?

Reasons?

Team 2 has the better strengrh feats, and I'm pretty sure that was known upon creation of the thread.
Midgard Serpent, keeping the Earth together, holding two worlds apart for awhile.

No offense but the gravity thing, sounds unbelievably optimistic and has never factored in to anything strength wise that I know of for most flyers.

Prof. T.C McAbe

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Speed also plays a major factor.

riv6672
It was more me thinking that was a silly thing to try and bring up in a simple tug of war.
No offense but the gravity thing, sounds unbelievably optimistic and has never factored in to anything strength wise that I know of for most flyers.

Stoic
It was more me thinking that was a silly thing to try and bring up in a simple tug of war.

It's not really silly if it's a natural ability that they have. Silly or not, It's the exact reason why they'd win.

JBL
Team marvel wins. After 1 minute if team marvel had not already face dragged DC across the line, Hyperion and Thor can let go and watch Hulk solo.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Speed also plays a major factor.

Unless their building up velocity before they grab the rope I don't see how.

riv6672
^^^Its like the gravity scenario; it all falls under the 'how can i spin this so DC wins even though theyre outclassed?' Umbrella. laughing

Stoic
^^^Its like the gravity scenario; it all falls under the 'how can i spin this so DC wins even though theyre outclassed?' Umbrella. laughing

I really didn't spin anything Riv. The fact is, team DC has two characters that defy gravity innately, whereas Marvel only has one, and tug of wars mostly come down to weight. However, in this case, weight is mitigated by the ability to personally bend gravity. I'm sorry that you don't get it, but the fact remains that Hyperion, superman, and Teth all have the ability to walk on walls. The others do not.

DarkSaint85
Unless their building up velocity before they grab the rope I don't see how.

Have you ever been in a tug of war?

Both sides brace, then the bell rings.

The side that pulls first, usually wins. It's about power.

@riv: No.

cdtm
Is this Thor or Odinson?

If I was Thor, I'd stand close to Hulk so no one could see what I'm doing, tie the rope off onto the hammer, and drop it while team 1 wears themselves out.. smile

But seriously, I agree with DS and Stoic. Speed and anchoring.

Both Black Adam and Superman outclass everyone in speed on team 2 except Hype. So he'll need to hold out against two comparably strong characters from the bell, before his team manages to react and help him.

wuleecat
I'm no Tug Of War Expert, but I've seen a few. And I can honestly say that at no point, ever, did I overhear anyone in the crowd whisper to someone else "Boy, that team looks FAST. They're bound to win for sure" Sure, Superman is fast. But what's that got to do with being able to drag a rope with weight on the end of it? You might as well say 'Team DC wins because of the Astro Force'

DarkSaint85
Because there's a brace period (the ref shouts HOLD!). At this point, you're not allowed to pull the rope, but merely make it taut.

Then he counts down, then shots GO!

On top of that, power = strength and speed. The rate at which they can bring their strength to bear, together, is paramount. Think back to the tugs you watched...were they slow, leisurely affairs?

Of course, not saying one side is slow and leisurely. Relative to the other side? Yes.

riv6672
I really didn't spin anything Riv. The fact is, team DC has two characters that defy gravity innately, whereas Marvel only has one, and tug of wars mostly come down to weight. However, in this case, weight is mitigated by the ability to personally bend gravity. I'm sorry that you don't get it, but the fact remains that Hyperion, superman, and Teth all have the ability to walk on walls. The others do not.
My not agreeing with you doesnt mean i dont 'get it'. It means i disagree with you.
Its a common debate tactic to imply the other person lacks the intelligence to understand your argument, when the fact is, they just believe your argument to be flawed.
You're talking about walking on walls; you're spinning faster than dreidel at Hanukkah.

@riv: No.
Sorry but yes.

And i have been in tugs of war; brought back trophies to several of my Units over a 20+ year span.
To quote Wuleecat:

Originally posted by wuleecat
.. I can honestly say that at no point, ever, did I overhear anyone in the crowd whisper to someone else "Boy, that team looks FAST. They're bound to win for sure" ...

...You might as well say 'Team DC wins because of the Astro Force'

DarkSaint85
So you never used speed at all?

I use extremes ('at all') due to the speed extremes seen in the thread.

Did you have to hold the line, and only start pulling after the ref said go?

And then, when applying strength, was it slowly and gradually (akin to slowly bench pressing) or explosively?

Mindship
Leaning toward Marvel.

staxamillion
I doubt that they would be caught off guard if they were already bracing and prepared. I think most tugs of war is won on in a great burst of strength in the beginning where one team loses their footing and can't get it back. I think timing could come into it if one team is stronger. that being said if they did get a speed advantage I don't think that Team 1 is so strong that the other team could get the footing back and be competitive.

if neither team falters in the start then its just a matter of footing and whether not one team has the strength to budge the other. TBH I'm on the fence on whether the 'gravity' guys add an advantage. yes they DO NOT have the footing issue I stated earlier but they do not have an anchor either. when these guys fight they get punched and fly off like all the time IF the punch is strong enough.

riv6672
So you never used speed at all?

I use extremes ('at all') due to the speed extremes seen in the thread.

Did you have to hold the line, and only start pulling after the ref said go?

And then, when applying strength, was it slowly and gradually (akin to slowly bench pressing) or explosively?
Your question's a loaded one, as your following statements make it pretty obvious you believe that because speed is a factor in a tug of war, characters with a speed advantage are going to make it the only factor.
Again, using whats been said in between my posts, staxamillion puts it well, and hits the dancing on the ceiling issue as well:

Originally posted by staxamillion
I doubt that they would be caught off guard if they were already bracing and prepared. I think most tugs of war is won on in a great burst of strength in the beginning where one team loses their footing and can't get it back. I think timing could come into it if one team is stronger. that being said if they did get a speed advantage I don't think that Team 1 is so strong that the other team could get the footing back and be competitive.

if neither team falters in the start then its just a matter of footing and whether not one team has the strength to budge the other. TBH I'm on the fence on whether the 'gravity' guys add an advantage. yes they DO NOT have the footing issue I stated earlier but they do not have an anchor either. when these guys fight they get punched and fly off like all the time IF the punch is strong enough.

To be clear, no issues on my part with DC winning, its just not gonna happen with Flash/Spider-man tactics.

DarkSaint85
As I said in my first post, which Ecstatic was unable to see the point of, speed plays a major factor.

Is it the only factor? No. And never said that.

Is it the same as gravity control (the umbrella of spin, as it were)? No. Speed is a pretty major factor, both in terms of getting the first good strong pull in whilst your opponents are still registering that the match has started, and in the transfer of power, which I believe to be explosively fast.

If you really don't think speed is a major factor, and equate it to gravity control....fair enough.

cdtm
Originally posted by wuleecat
I'm no Tug Of War Expert, but I've seen a few. And I can honestly say that at no point, ever, did I overhear anyone in the crowd whisper to someone else "Boy, that team looks FAST. They're bound to win for sure" Sure, Superman is fast. But what's that got to do with being able to drag a rope with weight on the end of it? You might as well say 'Team DC wins because of the Astro Force'

Think of an arm wrestling match, and how one guy will try and jump the other guy for an early advantage, if not an easy win against an unprepared opponent.

Nobody wants to be disqualified by starting too early, but everybody wants that edge, so that's where speed/reaction time comes into play.

cdtm
Replacing Orion and Thor with Juggernaut and Citizen Steel could be interesting.

Steel hasn't been moved when he braces himself, and Juggernaut has that momentum thing on his side (Is it against the rules for him to turn around and walk in the opposite direction? smile )

staxamillion
*thinking to myself*

tho if the flyers were flying at the full strength as well as using full back and arm strength could be an advantage. I could see that gravity advantage...

tkitna
This is Tug Of War. Why are we bringing flight, gravity, and speed into the equation? As the OP stated, they are just pulling with all the strength they have.

carver9
Originally posted by tkitna
This is Tug Of War. Why are we bringing flight, gravity, and speed into the equation? As the OP stated, they are just pulling with all the strength they have.

Basically. People try way to hard.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Basically. People try way to hard.

Oh, the irony!

riv6672
Because some people are desperate to have DC win.

wuleecat

This.

Don't get me wrong, this thread is hilarious. I can't wait to see what non-factor comes gets lugged in next from the sidelines to confuse things. Maybe it matters what kind of footwear they're wearing?

Although I concede the speed thing makes more sense with the arm-wrestling analogy. Kind of like quick-draw, right?

DarkSaint85
Pretty much.

Lol indeed. Next, someone is going to bring other hilarious powers into play, like Hulks ability to amp.

I'm assuming as we're ignoring abilities like speed etc, we ignore that, right?

wuleecat
Problem is - and don't take offence Carv - the wording of the OP. Everyone is pulling with quote all the strength they have unquote.

That means you have to pick the absolute best strength feat that each one of those six has done in their current incarnation (forum rules, right?) and then try and impossibly measure up three on one side against three on the other.

Plus what's the rope made from ?

In the end it's just funnier to add in stuff about anti-gravity, Juggernaut enchantment, tying Thor's hammer to the rope etc. It makes for far more amusing reading, as long as people don't lose their cool about stuff.

I remember watching tug of war and seeing them wearing huge, heavy ammunition boots so they could dig in and anchor themselves better. What size feet would Hulk have - about size fifty? Once those puppies got dug in they'd be hard to shift.

riv6672
I'm interested in what'd happen if the Marvel team let go of the rope 'Revenge of the Nerds' style.
1. Would team DC fly off the face of the earth because they were pulling at twice the speed of light?
2. Would they go nowhere because they were anchored to the ground with their sudden Spider-man sticking powers?
3. Would they break in half, as the opposing theories collided?

EcstaticGrace
I'm interested in what'd happen if the Marvel team let go of the rope 'Revenge of the Nerds' style.
1. Would team DC fly off the face of the earth because they were pulling at twice the speed of light?
2. Would they go nowhere because they were anchored to the ground with their sudden Spider-man sticking powers?
3. Would they break in half, as the opposing theories collided?

Closer to 2 but none of the above your forgetting they have "gravity powers"...

DarkSaint85
And fadt enough reactions to stop themselves.

But if we're ignoring everything about the characters save for strength, then we should be consistent, right?

staxamillion
that's my bad... OP said strength not skills.

riv6672
It sure as heck didnt say super speed gravity powers. laughing

DarkSaint85
It sure as heck didnt say super speed gravity powers. laughing

Nor Hulk's famed amping, 'the madder he gets, the stronger he gets' powers either!

riv6672
I love that even though you are obviously wrong as two boys at Michael Jackson's house you just keep swinging.

Plus i'll likely end up agreeing with you in the next 20 threads you opine in, so this is a fun abberation.

DarkSaint85
I love that even though you are obviously wrong as two boys at Michael Jackson's house you just keep swinging.

Plus i'll likely end up agreeing with you in the next 20 threads you opine in, so this is a fun abberation.

I'm wrong? I didn't see where OP said Hulk could amp his strength.

Oh, I know it's part of his powerset. But then, so is superspeed/flight.

Point being, it's very difficult to quantify how much of Superman's feats are based on his speed/flight. After all, when pushing planets/moons/whatever, he's usually flying. So SOME thrust is being provided by his 'flying muscle'.

Just as an example:

http://i.imgur.com/t5oAORx.jpg

A small scale feat, relative to the others in this thread, sure - but it illustrates my point. How much of his pulling is due to his arm/shoulder/back muscles, and how much is due to his flight?

DarkSaint85
Here is another pulling feat. Again, how to separate his flying from his physical muscles?

https://i.imgur.com/HcbDoJy.jpg

cdtm
Wow, Eternity itself.

The Earth tug was clearly PIS if he can lift eternity AND infinity.

psycho gundam

A small scale feat, relative to the others in this thread, sure - but it illustrates my point. How much of his pulling is due to his arm/shoulder/back muscles, and how much is due to his flight? http://i67.tinypic.com/wkfwnq.png
http://i66.tinypic.com/13z1mx5.png

DarkSaint85
Exactly PG, thanks.

How much is due to Hype's 'flight muscle', and how much is due to his strength?

Riv is laughing at the concept that other powers are in play. Speed, from me, and Stoic's gravity control.

But it's very difficult to separate pure strength from their other powers.

riv6672

I meant about the speed argument, but THANK you for the overreaction/scan dump. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Great minds think alike, fools seldom differ stick out tongue

Wasn't a scan dump by my measure, ha - but it illustrates my point.

If speed/flight is to be ignored (and we got strictly by OP), then other abilities should be ignored, too.

Speed IS indeed a major factor in tugs of war, which was my original point.

riv6672
Nice quote. I use it myself, bur never in petulance.

All said and done though, your argument's wrong, the gravity argument is ridiculous, and i'm okay with both these things.
Not much else to say, as you ARE getting petulant and its not a good look on you.
See you in the next thread, where you should be back to your logical self.

DarkSaint85
Nice quote. I use it myself, bur never in petulance.

All said and done though, your argument's wrong, the gravity argument is ridiculous, and i'm okay with both these things.
Not much else to say, as you ARE getting petulant and its not a good look on you.
See you in the next thread, where you should be back to your logical self.

I'm really not! But....I guess protesting gets me nowhere.

psycho gundam
Flight/thrust assisting strength feats is the oldest concept on this site that kinda remains to be officially recognized.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Flight/thrust assisting strength feats is the oldest concept on this site that kinda remains to be officially recognized.

thumb up They are one and the same, and it's incredibly difficult to separate the two.

So if a thread says strength, and we take the letter of the OP in hand...

psycho gundam
I wouldn't say that. Nova is arguably just as fast as Hyperion but you wouldn't win an argument saying he could do that same feat Hyperion did. You have to be super strong for a lot of these things but at the same time a lot of these feats are dependent of a character's ability to move through space using whatever means of propulsion they have, or remain stationary in a friction-less environment

JBL
Great minds think alike, fools seldom differ stick out tongue

Wasn't a scan dump by my measure, ha - but it illustrates my point.

If speed/flight is to be ignored (and we got strictly by OP), then other abilities should be ignored, too.

Speed IS indeed a major factor in tugs of war, which was my original point. Strength IS the major factor in a tug of war. Do you think flash can Beat superman, WW and Orion on his superior speed ?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by JBL
Strength IS the major factor in a tug of war. Do you think flash can Beat superman, WW and Orion on his superior speed ? Traction with the ground and rope is also just as important

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_juh_zpsbsni6ijz.jpg

Given equal strength, Juggernaut would still win cause he will always advance due to a secondary power aiding his first one

JBL
Traction with the ground and rope is also just as important

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_juh_zpsbsni6ijz.jpg

Given equal strength, Juggernaut would still win cause he will always advance due to a secondary power aiding his first one True👍

cdtm
Originally posted by JBL
Strength IS the major factor in a tug of war. Do you think flash can Beat superman, WW and Orion on his superior speed ?

Yes.

shiv
1. Thats some strong rope

2. Speed means by the time Marvel start pulling.

The contest is already over.

EcstaticGrace

Oh, I know it's part of his powerset. But then, so is superspeed/flight.

Point being, it's very difficult to quantify how much of Superman's feats are based on his speed/flight. After all, when pushing planets/moons/whatever, he's usually flying. So SOME thrust is being provided by his 'flying muscle'.

Just as an example:

A small scale feat, relative to the others in this thread, sure - but it illustrates my point. How much of his pulling is due to his arm/shoulder/back muscles, and how much is due to his flight?

They didn't move the planet

EcstaticGrace
Here is another pulling feat. Again, how to separate his flying from his physical muscles?

https://i.imgur.com/HcbDoJy.jpg
It's hard to even scale how much weight there helping down.

abhilegend
They didn't move the planet
Of course they did. They were failing to keep it in orbit as due to no water on earth, earth kept spinning out of orbit.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by abhilegend
Of course they did. They were failing to keep it in orbit as due to no water on earth, earth kept spinning out of orbit.
No they didn't, the Earth wasn't shown to be moved therfore they didn't.

I'm aware the Earth was spinning out of Orbit because of Gamamnae.

Wally tried to speed steals from the Planet to keep it in place the same time the powerhouses tried to hold it in place.

They failed. Kyle put it back in orbit. If they were keeping it in Orbit, Wally wouldn't have had to speed steal from the planet the next page after their straining. Or Kyle wouldn't have had to set it right. Reason why Noone provides the context.

abhilegend
No they didn't, the Earth wasn't shown to be moved therfore they didn't.

That's simply idiotic. The earth was already out of Orbit and then they dragged it there but unable to keep it in orbit due to no water on earth.

No, it was due to no water on earth.

Wally was only using the kinetic energy they were generating, it was clearly stated as well.

You don't even know what happened, do you? Kyle did not put the earth in orbit, Monitou Raven sacrificed himself to put all water on earth back again which re-stabilized earth and resurrected Kyle.

Or do you think Kyle really became that big and held Earth in his palm like every other idiot?

carver9
Do you have a scan of the water having anything to do with that?

EcstaticGrace
That's simply idiotic. The earth was already out of Orbit and then they dragged it there but unable to keep it in orbit due to no water on earth.

No, it was due to no water on earth.

Wally was only using the kinetic energy they were generating, it was clearly stated as well.

You don't even know what happened, do you? Kyle did not put the earth in orbit, Monitou Raven sacrificed himself to put all water on earth back again which re-stabilized earth and resurrected Kyle.

Or do you think Kyle really became that big and held Earth in his palm like every other idiot?

When was it shown to be back in orbit. Your adding in your own personal interpretation of what wasn't shown in the comic. Anyone could say something they don't like to hear is idiotic it's not much of an excelent debate point.

Logically I go by what's shown not what I want to add in. And what was shown was the Earth going out of Orbit, and them being unable to keep it in position. Hence Kyle putting it back. If you want to add in your own fanwritten twist that's fine.

Everything your saying is speculative. Cause you can't honestly say they moved it in Obsidian Age and show a scan to prove it.

Because this is what happened
https://m.imgur.com/a/ReCIO

And we see no movement of the planet, or them keeping the planet in place, which is what they were trying to do.

Hence Wally Speed stealing the PLANET to landlock it.

And ironically Superman even stating they couldn't keep it in place.

"We were loosing it"

EcstaticGrace
Do you have a scan of the water having anything to do with that?

The problem is they were trying to keep it in orbit.

Superman states they were unable to.

Kyle puts it back.

I'd assume the scans weren't posted cause they don't favor his vision of what happened.

carver9
Yeah, I seen the scene where Kyle puts it back into place. I just wanted to see something that brought up water preventing them from moving it

abhilegend
When was it shown to be back in orbit. Your adding in your own personal interpretation of what wasn't shown in the comic. Anyone could say something they don't like to hear is idiotic it's not much of an excelent debate point.

Nothing personal here. Just what happened in the comic.

Superman said they were losing Earth back from its orbit, not that they failed to move it.

Haha, right. And where was Kyle putting it back in the orbit? Where a crow is on his shoulder bigger than Earth?

Here is the entire scene, start from finish. Read it carefully before spewing bullshit.

http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705253_jla_75_-_kebbin_39.jpg http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705254_jla_75_-_kebbin_40.jpg http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705255_jla_75_-_kebbin_41.jpg http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705262_jla_75_-_kebbin_42.jpg http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705263_jla_75_-_kebbin_43.jpg http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705264_jla_75_-_kebbin_44.jpg http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705265_jla_75_-_kebbin_45.jpg http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705266_jla_75_-_kebbin_46.jpg http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705267_jla_75_-_kebbin_47_48.jpg http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705268_jla_75_-_kebbin_49.jpg

Of course there is. Here you go.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/32705268/jla_75_-_kebbin_49.jpg.html

"Thanks to Big Guns, especially GL there is no wobble in Earth's rotation"

Maybe if you used your own mind and not someone else saying something, you could actually do something about that, eh?

Yeah, that's what happened./sarcasm.

He was compensating for the pressure they were generating.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/32705255/jla_75_-_kebbin_41.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/32705262/jla_75_-_kebbin_42.jpg.html

"You sure this won't make things worse."

"Batman has already compensated for the stress we are putting on Earth's surface."

Way to go guys, why stress if there was no movement at all?

Yes, which happened after they dragged the planet back into orbit. How do you lose something which didn't even occurred as you claim? If they didn't even move the planet, they should be saying "We failed to move the planet".

EcstaticGrace
Do you feel like you proved you were right? Or are you unaware that none of those scan shows them moving the Earth's weight..

Which is the issue. Anyone can read the comic and see they're never shown to move the Earth's weight. They were trying to keep it in orbit they were failing. Kyle saved the day.

abhilegend
Do you have a scan of the water having anything to do with that? Originally posted by EcstaticGrace

The problem is they were trying to keep it in orbit.

Superman states they were unable to.

Kyle puts it back.

I'd assume the scans weren't posted cause they don't favor his vision of what happened.
Haha, seriously?

You think this actually means there was a crow bigger than Earth parched on Kyle's shoulder?

http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705265_jla_75_-_kebbin_45.jpg

That's a literally a metaphor. Here is how the water was restored and earth was stabilized.

http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705264_jla_75_-_kebbin_44.jpg http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705266_jla_75_-_kebbin_46.jpg http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705267_jla_75_-_kebbin_47_48.jpgOriginally posted by carver9
Yeah, I seen the scene where Kyle puts it back into place. I just wanted to see something that brought up water preventing them from moving it
Here you go caver.

http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t1/32705253_jla_75_-_kebbin_39.jpg

"Accursed water will be undoing of this world, it will upset her orbit and hurl it into black eternity."

EcstaticGrace
Still no of scan of where they moved the Earth though, or what they were actually trying to attempt in keeping the Earth in place. Hence wally Speedstealing the planet.

Context isn't doing you any favor.

abhilegend
Do you feel like you proved you were right? Or are you unaware that none of those scan shows them moving the Earth's weight..

Of course they did. Here it is.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/32705255/jla_75_-_kebbin_41.jpg.html

Do you want motion lines to be drawn there?

The planet was already knocked out of Orbit, they dragged it back there and then losing it. But they were already weakened due to being dead and resurrected. Here are some better feats anyway.

Different writers vince. The example h1 is using is vastly different and is actually a lower estimate.

Pulls Earth with a harness made by hal.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Crazy%20Feats/JLAv4029b.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Crazy%20Feats/JLAv4029c.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Crazy%20Feats/JLAv4029d.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Crazy%20Feats/JLAv4029e.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Crazy%20Feats/JLAv4029f.jpg

Look what Starbreaker says in this scan.

http://i.imgur.com/ZNcrgNS.jpg

"The power of countless red suns flows through my veins."

And that's not a hyperbole as we know he is an evolved sun-eater and has actually consumed the energy of suns.

http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=star_trueform1.jpg
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=star_trueform2.jpg
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=star_trueform3.jpg

That was just two issues later.

And yet, Superman and Hal stalemating him completely depowered him.

http://i.imgur.com/rHhvcUB.jpg

So if we take "countless" as even two suns, that's way more power than what h1 is using. I know its ludicrous, but facts are facts.

srug

Not the first time either.

Stops moon from spiraling out of orbit for hours opposing a machine which had the power output of a sun

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15249004/26.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15248994/80PageGiant01a.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15248995/80PageGiant01b.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15248996/80PageGiant01c.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15248998/80PageGiant01d.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15248999/80PageGiant01e.jpg.html

erm

And even better, Supermen of Multiverse and half a dozen GLs dragged the entire multiverse out of Darkseid's gigantic black hole.

Heh, Superman along with about half dozen lanterns and Supermen of multiverse actually dragged the entire multiverse out of a multiversal black hole.

http://i.imgur.com/4J3LbNGl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FdDmDoml.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PS4ndfNl.jpg

Should we treat Supermen and GLC as multiversal in each thread?

Don't try to lowball them too

abhilegend
Still no of scan of where they moved the Earth though, or what they were actually trying to attempt in keeping the Earth in place. Hence wally Speedstealing the planet.

Wally was compensating for the stress they were putting on planet. Can you read or what?

Are you always this passive aggressive? Because that's a lot of bitching on getting proven wrong.

EcstaticGrace
I'm not being aggressive, referring to a different outlook as yours in a negative outlook is aggressive. Like if I see purple when it's purple and you see orange when it's purple, and don't like that I don't see orange to, and call me a ***** for it or my viewpoint as bitching. That's not me being aggressive.

Your intake on things seems a bit wobbly.

Context really isn't favoring you.
Why would Wally Speedsteal from the Planet they're trying to move? Answer it wasn't that they we're trying to move it, they were trying to keep it in place.

What reassures this notion. Superman saying "We were loosing it"

"Howd the earth get back in orbit"? Kyle.
It's honestly right their infront of you almost impossible to twist.

In regards I was speaking of obsidian age no other instance. I'm pretty sure theres instances of Superman struggling to move a moon with others and saying he wouldn't be able to do it again.

EcstaticGrace
As pretty as the pictures look that you posted, reading the scans would do a lot for you.

abhilegend
I'm not being aggressive, referring to a different outlook as yours in a negative outlook is aggressive. Like if I see purple when it's purple and you see orange when it's purple, and don't like that I don't see orange to, and call me a ***** for it or my viewpoint as bitching. That's not me being aggressive.

Of course you are being passive aggressive and bitching for no reason at all.

And wrong too. But that's expected.

Tell me more how Wally was landlocking the planet though.

To compensate for the pressure they were exerting on the planet. Did you even read the word? What was Batman's plan for compensating it?

Haha, you still did not answer my question. Was the crow parching on his shoulder also bigger than Earth? Because we don't see Kyle moving the planet too.

You are just bitching more and more, eh? Where did Kyle move the planet?

Ah, lowballing again? Superman was moving the moon with Diana and Kyle with such speed that fifty of wold's most powerful sorcerers couldn't compensate for it.

There are low feats for everyone. These aren't low feats though.

abhilegend
As pretty as the pictures look that you posted, reading the scans would do a lot for you.
First learn to read, then start taunting someone about it kid.

Because you have repeatedly demonstrated that you only say what others have told you on comicvine and lack how to read from your own mind.

EcstaticGrace
I'm not using what others are telling me to say, reason why I'm quoting what the actual comic says. If you want to put in your own interpretation that's fine, atleast make sure it mixes with what the comic says.

I don't care if you consider this a feat, i'm just making sure people don't run around with this using it as if it's evidence, cause it's not.

There's points that contradict the idea of them moving anything, and that holds.

EcstaticGrace
Also you can put pressure on something without moving it... Your aware of this right? Putting pressure on something isn't the same thing as moving it.

We don't need to see Kyle moving the earth. It says that he moved it. It doesn't say that about the others. All that's said is "We were loosing it" and that they were putting pressure on the planet.

Asteroids can put pressure on the planet without moving it..

abhilegend
I'm not using what others are telling me to say, reason why I'm quoting what the actual comic says. If you want to put in your own interpretation that's fine, atleast make sure it mixes with what the comic says.

I'm saying what the comic is saying kid. Nothing else.

And if you are not saying what someone told you, why are you posting images from "Debunk a feat" idiots on comicvine?

So, you are just telling me its not true even though you have not a single evidence to refute it?

Good to know.

There are none. If there were, I'd know it.

Now go back to comicvine and cry.

abhilegend
Also you can put pressure on something without moving it... Your aware of this right? Putting pressure on something isn't the same thing as moving it.

You can only put pressure on a rotating body if you stop the rotation and put opposite torque on it.

Basic science kid. And that's exactly what they did, the stopped the rotation and brought it back to orbit but due to unstability in the Earth, they started to lose it again.

Where did it say that he moved it? Its said that all the big guns were involved in it.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/32705268/jla_75_-_kebbin_49.jpg.html

But you said that Wally was landlocking planet? Now its due to pressure on the planet?

Not by dragging it though. You are quite ready to ***** more it seems.

EcstaticGrace
The debunk a feat is posted by me, that's my imgur account. And all I did was quote what the comic said word for word..
Your suggesting Kyle did nothing? And that Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter did despite Diana having doubts they'd be able to keep the Earth in orbit.

I have no problem with you, and I'm not trying to take away any credit these characters deserve. But I'm not giving them a feat they didn't accomplish. There's to much context being given in that scan to twist it into what you have.

Asserting pressure isn't the same thing as moving an object. I can apply pressure to a wall in my house, doesn't mean I'll move it. Parts of the wall might Crack depending on how much force is distribute if possible. Doesn't mean the entire wall will.move though.

Wally was speed stealing the planet. You don't rob motion from something your trying to move. That's common sense.

Also if your loosing hold on something that suggest moving/or rather what the issue showed (trying to keep something in place) isn't working.

To be honest I'm not sure if your completely confident in the instance because of the reason you brought up other issues to take attention off Obsidian Age, and unable to dispute what's being shown as fact because it goes against what you like.

EcstaticGrace
Zero wobble helps prove my point.Since you suggested they were moving it. And it also mentions thanks to Gl. As well as the Big Guns. I honestly wouldn't give it to them as a moving or even keeping the Earth in place feat. Cause it's vague on if they were even able to. It looks like a try and fail scenario.

abhilegend
The debunk a feat is posted by me, that's my imgur account. And all I did was quote what the comic said word for word..

All you did was look at words "We were failing" and filled the rest from your imagination.

And I thought that was some real idiocy in that debunk thread, now I know why.

I'm suggesting they dragged the planet back into Orbit and Kyle helped stabilized it.

Not that he literally moved the planet when all three failed. He is not that powerful.

You are simply shouting context without providing anything.

I don't have any problem with your idiocy either. I just take issues with the fact that you seem to imply that somehow you are right and I'm wrong without you proving a single thing.

Try providing pressure on a moving ball and see if you can do it without slowing it down or breaking your hand first.

It will be fun.

He was relieving the planet from stress otherwise the planet would have cracked open from the surface tension like a bubble. Google it sometimes.

Yes, but it only happens if you have already moved the thing, in this case the planet to its proper orbit.

Otherwise they would say "We failed it."

laughing out loud

Cute kid, real cute. BTW where was it stated that Kyle moved the planet alone kid? You didn't answer that.

I wonder why.

abhilegend
Zero wobble helps prove my point.Since you suggested they were moving it. And it also mentions thanks to Gl. As well as the Big Guns. I honestly wouldn't give it to them as a moving or even keeping the Earth in place feat. Cause it's vague on if they were even able to. It looks like a try and fail scenario.

Only a comicvine guy would suggest that a dialogue which says that entire league involved for stabilizing earth means only Kyle did it.

Are you really this dense or just faking it?

And where is it stated that Kyle moved it alone?

celeyhyga17
This feat been debunked a long time ago. Abhi is just reliving the Alamo.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

With as great as a rebuttal "No the feats valid because if your from Comicvine and don't agree with it, then it's valid." Is. We might get avid acception of the feat.

Cause all you have to do is state other sites a user gets on to prove a point...

EcstaticGrace
This was kind of pointless waste of time, to argue with someone whose not just biased and arguing with me but somewhat ironically arguing with themselves since there scans don't match up.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Strength IS the major factor in a tug of war. Do you think flash can Beat superman, WW and Orion on his superior speed ?

Never said it wasn't? I mean, do you think tugs of war are slow, sedate affairs where each side gradually applies pressure?

Or are they explosive affairs?

abhilegend
Butthurt as ever I see.

thumb upOriginally posted by EcstaticGrace
With as great as a rebuttal "No the feats valid because if your from Comicvine and don't agree with it, then it's valid." Is. We might get avid acception of the feat.

Cause all you have to do is state other sites a user gets on to prove a point... Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
This was kind of pointless waste of time, to argue with someone whose not just biased and arguing with me but somewhat ironically arguing with themselves since there scans don't match up.
See ya.

Don't ***** and cry next time I tear your flimsy excuses and lowballing apart.

-Pr-
Abhi, stop being such an ass.

DarkSaint85
@Ecstatic: The reason for my posting of that scan, was not the reason you think.

How much of that pulling comes from his arm/legs/shoulder muscles, and how much from his flight thrust?

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
Abhi, stop being such an ass.

Sorry, exiting comicvine mode. Will not happen again.

thumb up

celeyhyga17
Only a comicvine guy would suggest that a dialogue which says that entire league involved for stabilizing earth means only Kyle did it.

Are you really this dense or just faking it?

And where is it stated that Kyle moved it alone?
Abhi man.. U need help. Not sure if u are purposely playing dumb or.....

Let's make it easier for you to understand.

Team 1 and Team 2 each have four members and just completed a trivia match. One member from team 2(let's call him Reed) was able to come up with all the answers for his team propelling them to a victory.

When someone asks which team won, it's obvious it was team 2(JLA) and acknowledge them as a group. Who was their mvp and propelled them to a win? Reed(Kyle).

But seriously man u need help. Even a four year old would know this simple logic.

Philosophía
Flight/thrust assisting strength feats is the oldest concept on this site that kinda remains to be officially recognized. Flight is useless, unless you have the strength to do it in the first place.

If I strap you on a platform that pushes up and tell you to head lift a car, you wouldn't be able to, unless your arms are already strong enough to lift they car .

The reason there isn't official recognition is because it's stupid.

Galan007
carver could do it, tho. ermmnone

abhilegend
Abhi man.. U need help. Not sure if u are purposely playing dumb or.....

Let's make it easier for you to understand.

Team 1 and Team 2 each have four members and just completed a trivia match. One member from team 2(let's call him Reed) was able to come up with all the answers for his team propelling them to a victory.

When someone asks which team won, it's obvious it was team 2(JLA) and acknowledge them as a group. Who was their mvp and propelled them to a win? Reed(Kyle).

But seriously man u need help. Even a four year old would know this simple logic.
WTF are you even talking about?

celeyhyga17
WTF are you even talking about?
https://theoverlookedonlookers.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/point_missed.gif

EcstaticGrace
@Ecstatic: The reason for my posting of that scan, was not the reason you think.

How much of that pulling comes from his arm/legs/shoulder muscles, and how much from his flight thrust?

I'm just making sure you know there's context typically missing from Obsidian Age.

I'm not to knowledgeable on how flight/propulsion strength works. I honestly assumed characters that could fly, just typically could fly as a movement.

DarkSaint85
I own the GNs. You can even see my caveat.

It was posted to show flying and pulling.

abhilegend
https://theoverlookedonlookers.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/point_missed.gif
Are you drunk?

carver9
Yes

celeyhyga17
Are you drunk?
facepalm

abhilegend
facepalm
So just confused as ever?

quanchi112
https://theoverlookedonlookers.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/point_missed.gif laughing out loud

-Pr-
Guys, get back on topic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.