Should MCU Iron Man be recast as minority??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
With All new All different Marvel being reflective of today's diverse and multicultural society, should the fad of #MCUsowhite reflect it's comics? Why is Marvel so reluctant to accept diversity in the movies? With Robert Downeys character not being certain of surviving Infinity war, Should Marvel use this chance to reintroduce the character as Riri Williams? Do you feel like Marvel should be more diverse in the films? How do you feel about the blatant Whitewashing of Iron Fist and of characters in Doctor Strange??

steverules_2
Enough characters have had their ethnic background changed, I'm surprised there are any white characters left, I remember when amazing spiderman nearly had a black Peter Parker

Mindset
Originally posted by steverules_2
Enough characters have had their ethnic background changed, I'm surprised there are any white characters left, I remember when amazing spiderman nearly had a black Peter Parker lol ok, bud.

Kazenji
How the hell have they white washed Iron Fist?....he's suppose to be a white guy.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Mindset
lol ok, bud.

Go hold your rage

Firefly218
Marvel isn't reluctant to accept diversity, they're only adapting what's in the comics. Newsflash but most superheroes in marvel comics are white men. The ones that aren't like Black Panther and Captain Marvel are getting their own movies soon.

steverules_2
Who is playing captain marvel?

Arachnid1
No. If you want more minority heroes, make them. Stop replaced loved and established characters.

Adam Grimes
They should cast someone whiter if anything tbh.

BruceSkywalker
why the frack should Stark be anything other than a white man....

Lord Lucien
I'd be okay with female Iron Man. The suit would come with a boob-shaped chest plate. With Schumacher nipples.

steverules_2
If you wanna see that then look at Peppers Iron man suit from the game, has boobs...if you want nipples on a costume then Joel Schumacher batman is for you

Kazenji
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/dc/28/43/dc2843202ea819704b1f1484821526e6.jpg

Tzeentch
"Should"? Nah, I don't think it should.

Would I especially care if it did happen? Nope.

Also, daily reminder that the hyper-majority of MCU characters are white. The feigned destruction of white male characters is pretty hilarious in its dishonesty.

riv6672
No.

Raisen
No

-Pr-
Originally posted by carthage
How do you feel about the blatant Whitewashing of Iron Fist

lol.

Honestly though, I'd be all right with a black/latino/asian Iron Man.

But Tony Stark himself? No, he should be a white guy with a weird goatee.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Kazenji
How the hell have they white washed Iron Fist?....he's suppose to be a white guy.

Indeed. I don't know if this is some kind of widespread misinformation or what the deal is, but I frequently hear people complain about Iron Fist being cast as a white guy, and I don't know why.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Indeed. I don't know if this is some kind of widespread misinformation or what the deal is, but I frequently hear people complain about Iron Fist being cast as a white guy, and I don't know why.

people were complaining about Doctor Strange too. And not just Ancient One, but Strange himself.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by -Pr-
people were complaining about Doctor Strange too. And not just Ancient One, but Strange himself.

It's so dumb, if you don't know enough about the character to even know what race he, then why bother complaining about the casting choice?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
It's so dumb, if you don't know enough about the character to even know what race he, then why bother complaining about the casting choice?

Some people like to get offended by things, I guess.

Khazra Reborn
It would seem that way. I'm no stranger to professional victims, I guess I'm just surprised at the depth that people are willing to take it.

Flyattractor
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/dc/28/43/dc2843202ea819704b1f1484821526e6.jpg

Ok.. Anybody else all turned on by the droopy 3rd middle boob?

Kazenji
*facepalm*

its not a boob, Dumbass.

Flyattractor
*facepalm*

its not a boob, Dumbass.

You WISH it was a boob too. Just admit it.

Probably brought on by radiation what with Pepper F-ing Tony and his inbuilt Arc Reactor.

3rdBoobage4DaWIN!

TheVaultDweller
I just laugh at people who claim Iron Fist and Dr Strange himself have been "whitewashed" for the MCU. All it shows is their own ignorance.

Kazenji
I must have missed the stuff for Dr Strange himself casting to be whitewashed

i only thing i got was all the stuff over the Ancient One.

TheVaultDweller
I've personally encountered a guy who was crying about Dr Strange being supposedly white-washed for the movies. And then I told him to do a Google image search of "Dr Strange 1963", and he promptly shut up.

juggerman
Atleast he didn't try to spin it. "Oh I meant someone else" or some BS

TheVaultDweller
True, but his reasoning for arguing in the first place was dumb. It basically came down to the fact that Dr Strange is occasionally depicted as having a tan. And, somehow, from there he made the jump that Strange was middle-Eastern or something. Only afterwards did he admit that he hadn't actually read much of the comics.

Surtur
I voted no, because..why? It's stupid to change a character just for the sake of diversity.

Tony Stark is a white dude. If someone else wants to take on the mantle of Iron Man in the films then okay(as in, someone separate from Tony Stark), does that person NEED to be white? Nope.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I just laugh at people who claim Iron Fist and Dr Strange himself have been "whitewashed" for the MCU. All it shows is their own ignorance.

I know right? It makes no sense. IF is a white dude lol. This is not something unique. He's been white in all of the latest media lately. He was white in the Avengers cartoon. He's white in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. So even if they've never read the comics..there would still be stuff out there to show this.

But I guess they just heard IF had to do with dragons and martial arts and shit and just assumed it was an asian guy or something.

Flyattractor
The only reason they change the White Male Charafters is because the New stuff never sales,.

But then at this point the only reason Disney and The WB keep the actual Comic book side of the companies running is probably just to hold on to thier trademarks. Cause the comics sure don't make MONEY anymore.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur
I voted no, because..why? It's stupid to change a character just for the sake of diversity.

Tony Stark is a white dude. If someone else wants to take on the mantle of Iron Man in the films then okay(as in, someone separate from Tony Stark), does that person NEED to be white? Nope.

The thread topic should have been worded better. Should rather have been "Should Ironheart succeed Iron Man in the MCU?". Tony Stark stays Tony Stark, but they can introduce Riri as her own character. One who is picking up the mantel from Tony.

Adam Grimes
That sounds actually like a good idea.

Robtard
VD does have a good idea.

But I also wouldn't mind if they recast Stark as a black woman.

Firefly218
Or maybe just get Robert Downey Jr to play a black man he did a fine job of it in Tropic Thunder

jaden101
Proper laughed at that poll option

Structural racism should exist in the MCU.

Puts me in mind of

How about we change the title
from the Seven Psychopaths
to the Seven Lesbians Who Are All Disabled
And Have Overcome All This Spazzy Shit
And Are Really Nice To Everybody
And Two Of 'Em Are Black?
How about that?

Inhuman
There is already a black Ironman. Hes called War Machine.

jaden101
Yeah. He's disabled, he's getting over his spazzy shit. He's real nice to everyone and he's black. The lesbian bit might need work

-Pr-
I would honestly prefer Rhodey or Pepper than Riri, tbh. It'll be interesting to see what they do when RDJ says he's done.

juggerman
Originally posted by Robtard
VD does have a good idea.

Toni Stark

Flyattractor
I wish we could recast The Hulk as an interesting character.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I wish we could recast The Hulk as an interesting character. Shut up please

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Firefly218
Shut up please

Nope. Don't wanna.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Flyattractor

Nope. Don't wanna.

Cool

Kazenji
Smelly garbage standing around being useless...

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Firefly218
Cool

Only way I know how to chill....

Surtur
Smelly garbage standing around being useless...

Okay she's kinda useless, but Black Widow probably doesn't smell like garbage.

Remember her Tron motorcycle though? Good stuff. Her and Hawkeye coach each other on how to feel like they matter.

Originally posted by juggerman
Toni Stark

Only question would be how sassy is she and how many "MmHmm's" do we get from her?

Esau Cairn

Toni-Sha Nay Nay Stark cool

Kazenji
Originally posted by Surtur
Okay she's kinda useless, but Black Widow probably doesn't smell like garbage.

I was even talking about Black Widow at all.

Surtur
I was even talking about Black Widow at all.

I was kidding.

Kazenji
So why bother bringing in up at all?

Flyattractor
Yes. Lets drop it and go back to talking about Iron Pepper's 3 Robo Boobs.

Robtard
Originally posted by juggerman
Toni Stark

Played by Shanola Hampton

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/39/de/3b/39de3bfc4164076305becbed205fa612.jpg

This needs to happen

Nibedicus
MCU should give the superhero movie genre a rest for a few years (after all their planned movies are done) then reboot IMO.

-Pr-
Played by Shanola Hampton

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/39/de/3b/39de3bfc4164076305becbed205fa612.jpg

This needs to happen

Well shit, even if she wasn't Stark I'd want her in a Marvel movie.

Inhuman
She can play Proxima Midnight

Kazenji
What about the rest of Thanos's The Black Order?

Inhuman
What about the rest of Thanos's The Black Order?

Ray Park can play Corvus Glaive
Kevin Bacon as Ebony Maw

Book it!

riv6672
Originally posted by Inhuman
Ray Park can play Corvus Glaive
Kevin Bacon as Ebony Maw

Book it!
thumb up

riv6672
I found this (from Will Smith) pretty funny:

https://www.moviefone.com/photos/iconic-roles-will-smith-turned-down-the-matrix/

John Murdoch
Yes and no.

Yes in the case where it fits to have a qualified actor or an actor who gave a better audition and/or screen testing to have the part. Idris Elba has been a great Heimdall, who cares if he's black.

No in the case of situations where the character is tied to his or her specific race, ethnicity, or gender. Whether its Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, Bill Finger & Bob Kane, or Ian Fleming, it'd be dishonoring the original intent of a character's creator. For instance, the talk of recasting James Bond as Jane Bond. Writers in film and video games have already done media like Salt and Columbiana instead of recasting James Bond. Tomb Raider worked just fine with Lara Croft instead of recasting Henry "Indiana" Jones as Henrietta Jones.

John Murdoch
I do tend to lean to the side of 'may the best actor get the part'.

http://www.thewrap.com/night-living-dead-casting-cult-classic-20545/

On George Romero casting Duane Jones as Ben in Night of the Living Dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.