Pre-Flashpoint Superman Vs Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/BM_zpsw57pxrwd.jpg

vs

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/SM_zps0ntqnh3x.jpg

Philosophía
lol.

Blue Marvel is a full tier below Superman.

I'd put him somewhere between Aquaman and Wonder Woman .

Prof. T.C McAbe
^Below J'onn and WW imo. AM would be a good fight though.

Galan007
Superman stomps.

g007_notamused

leonidas
that smilie. thumb up and yeah, superman wins. sheer weight of feats is impossible for bm to overcome. i do think it would be a good fight though--better than hyperion or gladiator at least. /shrug

TethAdamTheRock
How does superman deal with anti matter?

carver9
Blue Marvel

JBL
Blue Marvel. It is amazing how people run to Feats when they know character X has a million more appearances than character Y. Captain America had a thousand more feats than Thane Ector but Thane beat the crap out of Cap. To Thane, caps feats ment absolutely nothing😏

Zack M
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

Tank it like a champ.

carver9
Originally posted by Zack M
Tank it like a champ.

Who do you give the majority too and how many out of 10.?

Stoic
Good fight. Superman should win but it would never be an easy victory, and that's just my opinion for now. It could easily change.

Delta1938
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

Just fine.

Originally posted by JBL
Blue Marvel. It is amazing how people run to Feats when they know character X has a million more appearances than character Y. Captain America had a thousand more feats than Thane Ector but Thane beat the crap out of Cap. To Thane, caps feats ment absolutely nothing😏

Nice rant. Superman still wins.

JBL
Originally posted by Delta1938
Just fine.

Nice rant. Superman still wins. He will always win in your mind, no surprise there stick out tongue . BM wins by the way.

leonidas
lol at the idea of "running to feats". because abc logic and baseless opinion is a MUCH better way to go. brilliant debating tactics. thumb up

JBL
It's FAR better than saying superman has more feats so he wins. That's as baseless as you can get. Supes wins because he has FAR more feats yet he gets his butt handed to him by characters who have almost no feats. Mike Tyson had all those GREAT feats in the ring. Far far more than buster Douglas. Oh man! Tyson wins because of feats?? Won't go past round 2!! Well where were all his feats when Douglas beat his feat carrying azz?? That azz whooping overrode those MANY feats.

ghostman
Originally posted by JBL
It's FAR better than saying superman has more feats so he wins. That's as baseless as you can get. Supes wins because he has FAR more feats yet he gets his butt handed to him by characters who have almost no feats. Mike Tyson had all those GREAT feats in the ring. Far far more than buster Douglas. Oh man! Tyson wins because of feats?? Won't go past round 2!! Well where were all his feats when Douglas beat his feat carrying azz?? That azz whooping overrode those MANY feats.

suprman doesnt just have more feats he has better ones. your entire reasoning is flawed and has no ground. you literally have no reason for blue marvel to win.

Galan007
Aside from the sheer plethora of uber showings to Superman's name, his 'average' is still well beyond Blue Marvel's. This is an incontrovertible fact, and really isn't questionable unless you are a complete idiot/troll.

All-in-all BM can put up a decent fight, but he loses every single time. thumb up

JBL
Originally posted by ghostman
suprman doesnt just have more feats he has better ones. your entire reasoning is flawed and has no ground. you literally have no reason for blue marvel to win. Has BM been around as long as superman? Feats don't give you a automatic win because a character has been around for 200 years and the other has 1 year. That's an excuse to say your favorite character wins. Knowing all along he's Been around forever and Has far more feats. Cop out at its best.

JBL
Originally posted by Galan007
Aside from the sheer plethora of uber showings to Superman's name, his 'average' is still well beyond Blue Marvel's. This is an incontrovertible fact, and really isn't questionable unless you are a complete idiot/troll.

All-in-all BM can put up a decent fight, but he loses every single time. thumb up Birds of a feather flock together. BM wins.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by JBL

Your example only works when you are comparing same-universe characters.

The only way to compare cross-universe characters is by their comparative feats/fights.

ghostman
Originally posted by JBL
Has BM been around as long as superman? Feats don't give you a automatic win because a character has been around for 200 years and the other has 1 year. That's an excuse to say your favorite character wins. Knowing all along he's Been around forever and Has far more feats. Cop out at its best.

so whats your reasoning for for blue marvel winning? since feats are out.

Juntai
Originally posted by JBL
Has BM been around as long as superman? Feats don't give you a automatic win because a character has been around for 200 years and the other has 1 year. That's an excuse to say your favorite character wins. Knowing all along he's Been around forever and Has far more feats. Cop out at its best. This argument is getting old for Blue Marvel.

Blue Marvel has been around almost twice as long as New52 Superman, and about 1/3 of the time of Pre-52 Superman.

He's been going over 8 years.

You can pick any 8 years of Superman and cut out everything else as if it didn't exist, and he still wins.

Stoic
Originally posted by Juntai
This argument is getting old for Blue Marvel.

Blue Marvel has been around almost twice as long as New52 Superman, and about 1/3 of the time of Pre-52 Superman.

He's been going over 8 years.

You can pick any 8 years of Superman and cut out everything else as if it didn't exist, and he still wins.

Not really fair. Superman has his own book you can't pretend as if he didn't get more spotlight due to solo adventures, and as the OP stated, this is actually Pre-Flashpoint Superman who had as many showings if not more than Thor. You really can't place many characters against Superman in a feat war, especially not a character as new as Blue Marvel. This isn't really a point that anyone should have to argue over. 8 years vs nearly 40? Come on now. And, it really hasn't been 8 years due to the Blue marvel having nothing new written about him until more recently in the Ultimates 2 books.

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
He will always win in your mind, no surprise there stick out tongue . BM wins by the way.

No, but I'd like to see you prove it. I can however prove you going into Superman threads that have nothing to do with Marvel characters just so you can complain. You can tell yourself Blue Marvel wins, but he doesn't.

How about you tell me what actual examples makes you think Blue Marvel wins?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Not really fair. Superman has his own book you can't pretend as if he didn't get more spotlight due to solo adventures, and as the OP stated, this is actually Pre-Flashpoint Superman who had as many showings if not more than Thor. You really can't place many characters against Superman in a feat war, especially not a character as new as Blue Marvel. This isn't really a point that anyone should have to argue over. 8 years vs nearly 40? Come on now. And, it really hasn't been 8 years due to the Blue marvel having nothing new written about him until more recently in the Ultimates 2 books.

Yes, but what people aren't getting, is if EVERY one of those 10,000 showings are high showings,his average is high.

Does Superman have loads of feats? Course. But for the argument to hold weight, surely he would job a lot, and have loads of low showings too.

If he doesn't have an equal number of low showings, then his average is high.

Philosophía
I don't think people realize how a Superman 'with only his highest showings' would look on the forum.

What you see regularly argued (by most of the posters) is his average. It's just that he has the best average in comics.

Galan007
The hatred that would ensue if people *only* used Superman's high-end showings, would make Palpatine himself blush.

Tell me: what tier would one be placed in if he were capable of trouncing Skyfather-level characters(and beyond) as though they were weak feebs? smile

carver9
so whats your reasoning for for blue marvel winning? since feats are out.

Blue Marvel took on a guy that wrecked the Avengers and held his own. He knocked out Hyperion, took out a portion of Shuma in a single hit. His averages are better and current Pre Superman sucks.

abhilegend

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Blue Marvel took on a guy that wrecked the Avengers and held his own. He knocked out Hyperion, took out a portion of Shuma in a single hit. His averages are better and current Pre Superman sucks.
laughing out loud

ghostman

seriously? i dont think so son

carver9
seriously? i dont think so son

You don't think what?

ghostman
You don't think what?

that blue marvel wins because of those little feats. your bias is blatant.

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
Did buster Douglas have as many feats as Tyson? No. So since Tyson had more and better feats than Douglas, you would think Tyson would win right? Guess what? When he fought Douglas he lost. You think just because superman has more feats he win? LMAO.

Your analogy would only work if they fought and Blue Marvel won, and the analogy was in response to people arguing against Blue Marvel's win. When it comes down to it, you want Blue Marvel to win(or perhaps just for Superman to lose), but you can't make an argument, so you make an irrelevant analogy.

JBL
Your analogy would only work if they fought and Blue Marvel won, and the analogy was in response to people arguing against Blue Marvel's win. When it comes down to it, you want Blue Marvel to win(or perhaps just for Superman to lose), but you can't make an argument, so you make an irrelevant analogy. False. You just don't want superman to lose. Check your track record.

-Pr-
Try to keep the discussion on topic. Making personal comments eventually gets people banned.

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
False. You just don't want superman to lose. Check your track record.

Then why is your argument a flawed analogy? And circular argument.

DarkSaint85
Batman does well in fights against heralds.

Deathstroke, Cap, Squirrel Girl.

If feats don't matter, only fights, then these four solo the herald tier, lol.

Delta1938
Bump.

StyleTime
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Batman does well in fights against heralds.

Deathstroke, Cap, Squirrel Girl.

If feats don't matter, only fights, then these four solo the herald tier, lol.
To be fair, Doreen probably could.

Stoic
Bump.

Why bump it? Superman wins. Is it because BM is mid tier? Nope. He'd give Superman a good fight but he'd eventually lose based on feats. Take all of BM's best feats, and Superman has 1000+ to tap off of. For the record, I have yet to see a poor showing from BM.

StyleTime
For the record, I have yet to see a poor showing from BM.
We used to say the same for X-23. Give it time.

sad

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Birds of a feather flock together. BM wins.

Why does BM win IYO?

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yes, but what people aren't getting, is if EVERY one of those 10,000 showings are high showings,his average is high.

Does Superman have loads of feats? Course. But for the argument to hold weight, surely he would job a lot, and have loads of low showings too.

If he doesn't have an equal number of low showings, then his average is high.

Came back to this. If we are going by averages, BM has a higher average, unless you've seen a low showing that I'm unaware of, and can prove that Superman wouldn't have been similarly affected by whatever low showing BM suffered. Had to bring this back up because BM has verifiable super speed, which I noted in the latest Ultimates issue.

Stoic
Originally posted by StyleTime
We used to say the same for X-23. Give it time.

sad

Superman has had poor showings as well though.

Zack M
Came back to this. If we are going by averages, BM has a higher average, unless you've seen a low showing that I'm unaware of, and can prove that Superman wouldn't have been similarly affected by whatever low showing BM suffered. Had to bring this back up because BM has verifiable super speed, which I noted in the latest Ultimates issue.

Like what?

AbelAnderson
Superman .

nwg202
SM

-K-M-
Came back to this. If we are going by averages, BM has a higher average,

That's a hard no

iceman24567
Originally posted by -K-M-
That's a hard no thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.