YOU defeat forum flash!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ghostman
pick one characters powers below skyfather to beat a pis/cis-less all out forum flash

no characters related to flash can be used. so no zoom/savitar etc.

you guys are are in cells arena from dragon ball z

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/39875/4227827-1980581656-39001.jpg

can you defeat an all out forum flash that's determined to kill you?

EcstaticGrace
Nu52 Captain Atom?

riv6672
The Atom.

ghostman
Originally posted by riv6672
The Atom.

how would you beat him with atoms powers?

ghostman
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Nu52 Captain Atom?

how would you beat him?

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by ghostman
how would you beat him? http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111216019/4810266-4442149-1428753795-41109.png

wuleecat
What's that? Is the Speed Force made of molecules?

"Id"
Worlds End Atom.
Tangent Superman.

CosmicComet
Forum superman.

-He has casually sped through timestop tech.

-Matched an out of control barry and wally.

-Casually matched professor zoom's speed with the latter admitting it.

-Made people like jay garrick and power girl look frozen.

-Matched barry and wally's speed by entering darkseid's dimension/singularity when both had to go 'faster than they've ever gone before' to get into it themselves. The same singularity that kept even high level green laterns out; no matter how fast they went, they were stuck in a timeloop. So superman is immensely faster than beings that regularly travel from the center of the universe (Oa) to the fringes. So much faster that he can power through timeloops that they can't.

-And just recently matched a new and improved wally.

The difference between max speed supes and max speed flash is a matter of percentages, not multiples.

I said before if barry and wally are cheetahs, supes is a lion.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by wuleecat
What's that? Is the Speed Force made of molecules?
Molecules pretty much make up everything other then atoms.

cdtm
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111216019/4810266-4442149-1428753795-41109.png

Is this canon?

Looks like they turned him into Dr. Manhattan (Who was based on Captain Atom anyways, but never in terms of powers..)

krisblaze
Linda

DarkSaint85
Reed with prep.

http://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11120/111200753/5101740-7149849672-40468.jpg

It needs some modification, to be sure, but the Zeno room would be the basis of my defence.

golem370
How about Absorbing Man?

zopzop
Aquarian.

/Thread

DarkSaint85
Vacuum, pulling the air from his lungs. Aquarian dies.

ghostman
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Reed with prep.

http://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11120/111200753/5101740-7149849672-40468.jpg

It needs some modification, to be sure, but the Zeno room would be the basis of my defence.

reed can prep in the middle of a fight with bloodlusted flash trying to kill him?

golem370
Runner with or without Space Gem imo

Magnon
Loa (Alani Ryan) assuming the Flash doesn't know her powers.

krisblaze
Loa needs to consciously use her powers.

riv6672
If he isnt dead already from the knife you put in his back. What the f**k?

DarkSaint85
reed can prep in the middle of a fight with bloodlusted flash trying to kill him?

Prep means before the fight.

@riv: I'm a fan; doesn't make me blind to his limitations hehe

ghostman
Prep means before the fight.

piece of shit mad mad

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHVLCXYllrIIN68/giphy.gif

DarkSaint85
Haha.

riv6672
@riv: I'm a fan; doesn't make me blind to his limitations hehe
Hmm.

Well i have seen you argue speed for everything more than you've ever sung Wundarr's praises.

THE HANDWRITING WAS ON THE WALL.

DarkSaint85
Na uh! If I ignore it, it will go away!!

But Aquarian has been choked out before, rather hilariously too.

riv6672
ON. THE. WALL.

Mindship
Originally posted by wuleecat
What's that? Is the Speed Force made of molecules? I did a double-take on that too. None of the known forces in physics are made of molecules (eg, electromagnetism 'is made of' photons; the nuclear strong force, gluons). But given that the speed"force" is fictional, the writers can make it based on whatever.

That said, it seems as if any expert molecular manipulator could take Flash out.

DarkSaint85
Depends which Flash, but Deadman.

bluewaterrider
Death Seed Sentry.

cdtm

Air still reach's him. So he just steals speed from all oxygen in the room, and Reed asphyxiates. (Or more directly, creates gail force hurricanes. Lot of ways a Flash can beat you without touching you.)

Would a spatial distortion field even work on a being traveling past light speed, where perceptions should technically already be altered? I mean, light's clearly reaching them, too. (For that matter, what happens if Wally/Barry just closes his eyes and search's the entire room in a picosecond blind..?)

DarkSaint85
Hence my caveat of modification.

Having a vacuum, for example, blocks sound AND air.

Edit: I thought about light too. But it seems to be a case of comic physics here. Light is obv bouncing off Pym and reaching Reeds eyes, for example.

Philosophía
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Forum superman.

-He has casually sped through timestop tech.

-Matched an out of control barry and wally.

-Casually matched professor zoom's speed with the latter admitting it.

-Made people like jay garrick and power girl look frozen.

-Matched barry and wally's speed by entering darkseid's dimension/singularity when both had to go 'faster than they've ever gone before' to get into it themselves. The same singularity that kept even high level green laterns out; no matter how fast they went, they were stuck in a timeloop. So superman is immensely faster than beings that regularly travel from the center of the universe (Oa) to the fringes. So much faster that he can power through timeloops that they can't.

-And just recently matched a new and improved wally.

The difference between max speed supes and max speed flash is a matter of percentages, not multiples.

I said before if barry and wally are cheetahs, supes is a lion.

/thread

Superman is the only one who comes close, all the other heroes are basically statues.

zopzop
And how would he do that through his Null Field?

DarkSaint85
What do you mean?

The null field doesn't extend infinitely. Aquarian has to consciously expand it.

However, Flash can run rings or whatever, outside of the null field. He doesn't produce more air.

zopzop
What do you mean?

The null field doesn't extend infinitely. Aquarian has to consciously expand it.

However, Flash can run rings or whatever, outside of the null field. He doesn't produce more air.
The Null Field is centered on Aquarian at all times. He has to will it to decrease so that other beings can move about freely. At it's 'natural' state it always extends at it's maximum distance (unless something's changed). As he moves, it moves with him.

Flash isn't sucking anything from his lungs.

TethAdamTheRock
PC Superman, PC Captain Marvel, PC Black Adam

cdtm
Originally posted by zopzop
The Null Field is centered on Aquarian at all times. He has to will it to decrease so that other beings can move about freely. At it's 'natural' state it always extends at it's maximum distance (unless something's changed). As he moves, it moves with him.

Flash could suck the air from around the field.

The Speed Force also doesn't operate off strict kinetic energy. It's why he could tamper with neural signals (Something the field clearly doesn't inhibit.)

Like Zoom doesn't, but uses time bending (Which would almost certainly ignore a null field.)

Magnon

Wrong. Air can pass his null field, otherwise he would've suffocated long ago. If Flash creates a vacuum outside of his field the air within his field would get sucked out into the vacuum.

wuleecat
Originally posted by Mindship
I did a double-take on that too. None of the known forces in physics are made of molecules (eg, electromagnetism 'is made of' photons; the nuclear strong force, gluons). But given that the speed"force" is fictional, the writers can make it based on whatever.

That said, it seems as if any expert molecular manipulator could take Flash out.

That's what I was thinking. I mean, gravity is a force but it isn't 'made out of molecules' is it?

Meh, you're right it's fiction. I guess they can say the speed force is made out of belly button fluff and chocolate sprinkles and it would make as much sense.

I just can't escape the feeling that in that scan with the big Captain Atom casually grabbing Flash, it seems a very, very lazy 2-panel pis bullsh#t bit of writing to try and 'explain away' Flash's incredible speed advantage.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Magnon
Wrong. Air can pass his null field, otherwise he would've suffocated long ago. If Flash creates a vacuum outside of his field the air within his field would get sucked out into the vacuum.

Pretty much.

When he extended his null field to encompass his hippy dippy followers, none of them suffocated either.

He still breathes air. Which has to come from his surroundings.

carver9
Blink

zopzop
Pretty much.

When he extended his null field to encompass his hippy dippy followers, none of them suffocated either.

And what's stopping Aquarian from moving forward and and stopping Flash from sucking anything from anyone? Once Flash is within the Null Field he's dead. The maximum length the field has extended from Aquarian was a 500ft radius.

DarkSaint85
And what's stopping Aquarian from moving forward and and stopping Flash from sucking anything from anyone? Once Flash is within the Null Field he's dead. The maximum length the field has extended from Aquarian was a 500ft radius.

It took a bit of time.

https://s5.postimg.org/hcxm58fbr/M2_N1_V1_058_013.jpg

Time in which he will not have any air:
https://s5.postimg.org/iceq9gfpz/Quasar04_013.jpg
https://s5.postimg.org/he2ykwrrr/Quasar04_014.jpg

A bloodlusted, forum Flash is instanly sucking air out...

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Blink

She'd get knocked out before she could even pass through her portals.

carver9
No, she wouldn't.

zopzop
It took a bit of time.

https://s5.postimg.org/hcxm58fbr/M2_N1_V1_058_013.jpg

Time in which he will not have any air:
https://s5.postimg.org/iceq9gfpz/Quasar04_013.jpg
https://s5.postimg.org/he2ykwrrr/Quasar04_014.jpg

A bloodlusted, forum Flash is instanly sucking air out...
You know why it took a bit of time in that scan? He was trying to entrap Nth Man. You know the guy that was powerful enough to consume 7 or 8 universes before he came to his senses.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
No, she wouldn't.

He's far faster than her. Is she going to be allowed to get the first hit in or something?

DarkSaint85
You know why it took a bit of time in that scan? He was trying to entrap Nth Man. You know the guy that was powerful enough to consume 7 or 8 universes before he came to his senses.

It took time to encompass that entire area. My point was, its not instantaneously blanketing the entire field the instant the match starts. He has to consciously extend it.

Which takes time.

zopzop
It took time to encompass that entire area. My point was, its not instantaneously blanketing the entire field the instant the match starts. He has to consciously extend it.

Which takes time.
I get that but I'm trying to say is that the reason why it took time was because he was trying to encompass and contain Nth Man (this dude was expanding and threatening to engulf 616). The fact that he actually succeeded is a monstrous feat. His null field contained and reversed the expansion of a being that was a confirmed universe buster 7 or 8 times over.

celeyhyga17
That's why he stated prep. It wouldn't be prep if Reed came up with it during battle.

Edit. Oh u already know.

cdtm
Pretty much.

And besides, the field only slows things past a certain point. There's no reason the speed force couldn't operate within the field to slow things down further.

DarkSaint85
I get that but I'm trying to say is that the reason why it took time was because he was trying to encompass and contain Nth Man (this dude was expanding and threatening to engulf 616). The fact that he actually succeeded is a monstrous feat. His null field contained and reversed the expansion of a being that was a confirmed universe buster 7 or 8 times over.

It took time here too, to stop a car:
https://s5.postimg.org/vsfj44sd3/Marvel_Two_in_One064_07.jpg

Not saying it's not a great feat, but he still only has 'human' level reactions, and needs to consciously expand it.

StyleTime
Shadow King.
Elias Bogan.

riv6672
But he wasnt...a speedster!

DarkSaint85
Yup. Aquarian is too slow, as shown by the scans I posted. He's still only human in durability, and requires air etc to live. Flash has, on many an occasion, created a vacuum against his enemies.

Moreover, even if expanded, Aquarian was still surprised, and choked out.

It was expanded when Cap twisted his arm and restrained him.

It was expanded when Deadpool bit him.

riv6672
Its interesting watching you debate recently. Moreso than usual i mean.

DarkSaint85
Haha not consistente? Or a slide down in standards?

zopzop
Yup. Aquarian is too slow, as shown by the scans I posted. He's still only human in durability, and requires air etc to live. Flash has, on many an occasion, created a vacuum against his enemies.

Moreover, even if expanded, Aquarian was still surprised, and choked out.

It was expanded when Cap twisted his arm and restrained him.

It was expanded when Deadpool bit him.
There are multiple versions of Aquarian. I'm using the one with the Null Field. Not his "Wundarr" form (which lacks the null field but has boosted superhuman stats). Writers jumped back and forth between them a lot.

1) In the instance where he was choked out, it was against a CL100 being (see him stomp the West Coast Avengers till they found his weakness) and this is AFTER he caught his punch and tried to reason with him. Aquarian (during the time) was a pacifist.

2) I'm not familiar with the Captain America instance. You got scans or context?

3) The Deadpool Aquarian bit didn't have the Null Field. This was during the Marvel Zombies event no? This takes place AFTER Quantum mindphucked Aquarian and reverted him to Wundarr and forever more screwed with this powers.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
He's far faster than her. Is she going to be allowed to get the first hit in or something?

No, she really isn't.

DarkSaint85
There are multiple versions of Aquarian. I'm using the one with the Null Field. Not his "Wundarr" form (which lacks the null field but has boosted superhuman stats). Writers jumped back and forth between them a lot.

1) In the instance where he was choked out, it was against a CL100 being (see him stomp the West Coast Avengers till they found his weakness) and this is AFTER he caught his punch and tried to reason with him. Aquarian (during the time) was a pacifist.

2) I'm not familiar with the Captain America instance. You got scans or context?

3) The Deadpool Aquarian bit didn't have the Null Field. This was during the Marvel Zombies event no? This takes place AFTER Quantum mindphucked Aquarian and reverted him to Wundarr and forever more screwed with this powers.

1. He negated Nth Man. A class 100 guy is nothing compared to that. Moreover, pacifist or not, it shows Aquarian with anull field is still capable of being choked out. And its pretty quick to do so. Strength levels are inconsequential, due to point two below...
2. Was when they were going to get the Cosmic Cube. Energy above a certain threshold gets nullified, not before.
3. Deadpool even remarks on his null field. Hey, NICE NULL FIELD!

zopzop
1. He negated Nth Man. A class 100 guy is nothing compared to that. Moreover, pacifist or not, it shows Aquarian with anull field is still capable of being choked out. And its pretty quick to do so. Strength levels are inconsequential, due to point two below...
Yes, because he was trying to reason with him. Quantum was only able to choke him out because Aquarian was shocked that Quantum spoke his language. I'd post the scan but I don't care enough at this point to go digging through my Quasar issues.

You got a scan?

This was after the Quantum incident (where Aquarian's powers were forever in flux). I'm not the only one who sees it this way :
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix7/aquarian-wundarr.html

And he didnt' say Null Field, he said FORCE field :
http://i44.tinypic.com/e6bn1i.jpg

DarkSaint85

Yes, because he was trying to reason with him. Quantum was only able to choke him out because Aquarian was shocked that Quantum spoke his language. I'd post the scan but I don't care enough at this point to go digging through my Quasar issues.

You got a scan?

This was after the Quantum incident (where Aquarian's powers were forever in flux). I'm not the only one who sees it this way :
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix7/aquarian-wundarr.html

And he didnt' say Null Field, he said FORCE field :
http://i44.tinypic.com/e6bn1i.jpg

1. I've already posted them. Whilst he was shocked, fact remains he was still choked out, really quickly. Proving his brain needs oxygen, and you can stop it.
2. I do, will post it later.
3. He was still using a null field in later issues; ill try and dig them up.

My point still stands, though. He needs to consciously expand it, which takes time. Meanwhile, he will be starved of oxygen.

zopzop
3. He was still using a null field in later issues; ill try and dig them up.
You don't have to. I believe you. I just pointed out that his powers were in flux (aka writers were all over the place) after his second encounter with Quantum. But in THIS specific instance (Marvel Zombies 3), he for sure didn't have it. So this showing can't be used against him.

DarkSaint85
I always thought it was just the writers getting confused, as they always do....especially with niche characters.

DarkSaint85

https://s5.postimg.org/fsnot3hjr/CAANN07_07b.jpg

He was full Aquarian mode at this time (later in the story, he nullifies blasts from a weak Cosmic Cube).

Energy below a certain threshold (chokeholds, grips etc) can still work. They just need to be (relatively) weak:
https://s5.postimg.org/kmc1bp3fb/CAANN07_17a.jpg

ghostman
bump

darthgoober
Classic Black Cat. Flash takes off, trips, and his momentum takes him out of the ring resulting in a self BFR.

DarkSaint85
Longshot

Eternal Idol
Rutog/2damnloud Storm something something solar winds something something drops stars from the heavens to engulf the Earth. Storm Storm Storm.

Deadline
Grandmaster

shiv
Bloodlusted Martian Manhunter

cdtm
Hydroman.

Puddle to slip on = auto-win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.