Hulk Vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://i.imgur.com/wiYzgm9.jpg

Gravage Banner. New 52 Aquaman.
At the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.
No prep.
No BFR.

http://i.imgur.com/raVfZw6.jpg

EcstaticGrace
Don't know much about Gravage. I'm still thinking Hulk due to rep though but I'd argue for Aquaman.

riv6672
Gracias.

ShadowFyre
Does Aquaman have control over the actual water? Because if he does he can ragdoll Hulk all he wants. Even Hulk cant do much with no footing and trillions of tons of water moving him atound.

ShadowFyre
And all it takes is that pitchfork to the brain to get a forum win. This fight is heavily in AM's favor. Gibing him the nod on this one. 6/10

riv6672
Wow, ok...laughing

DarkSaint85
Obvious question must be asked.

Can this Hulk breathe underwater?

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by riv6672
Wow, ok...laughing

Am I missing something? With his speed, and animaks and water to distract the Hulk it would be pretty easy for Aquaman to clise with abd stab Hulk, who diesent exactly didge anyway. Yeah, if gravage gets ahold of him its over, but this thread is heavily in aq's favor.

carver9
Hulk swimming fts is next to none and the backlash his muscles does when swimming would probably be enough to knock Aquaman out.

DarkSaint85
What's Hulks best swimming feat?

ShadowFyre
I know he can swim Carver, but I highly doubt he is going to be as fast or agile as Arthur, especially when the enture sea is fighting against hin. And all arthur needs is one forum win

ShadowFyre
If hulk started iff with a thunderclap though..I imagine anything within a mile radius would be pulverized

carver9
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I know he can swim Carver, but I highly doubt he is going to be as fast or agile as Arthur, especially when the enture sea is fighting against hin. And all arthur needs is one forum win

Covering a football length or greater in the blink of an eye. I think that's pretty fast.

Cogito
Does Aquaman have control over the actual water? Because if he does he can ragdoll Hulk all he wants. Even Hulk cant do much with no footing and trillions of tons of water moving him atound.

You mean hydrokinesis? No, he doesn't have that ability, Mera does.

golem370
Swimming while tulling an island.

Surtur
Wait, this characters actual name is "Gravage" ? Or is that like a fan nick name?

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Obvious question must be asked.

Can this Hulk breathe underwater?

I think it's more that he can hold his breath for a very very long time.

carver9
Originally posted by Surtur
Wait, this characters actual name is "Gravage" ? Or is that like a fan nick name?

It's fan made. He's extremely powerful though. He took on the entire Avengers line up and was winning. Done it more than once.

riv6672
So still up in the...i mean,down in the water.
Thanks folks.

ShadowFyre
Hasnt Hulk grown gills or something of that nature before?

carver9
Yes. It was Gravage Hulk .

riv6672
Incredible.

EcstaticGrace
Hasnt Hulk grown gills or something of that nature before?

Gravage?

I'm not sure about Aquaman winning. But he's not being knocked out by an indirect attack

Delta1938
Incredible.

Not sure if correcting carter, or making a pun. If making a pun, die. mad

riv6672
Making a pun.

smile

Delta1938
Making a pun.

smile

sneer

Deadline
Well Aquaman will be able to call for help thats for sure and there are some pretty powerful creatures down there.

carver9
Originally posted by Deadline
Well Aquaman will be able to call for help thats for sure and there are some pretty powerful creatures down there.

Hulk clamp his hands together taking them all out...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3005932-4792034570-Savag.jpg

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk clamp his hands together taking them all out...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3005932-4792034570-Savag.jpg

How is destroying Tanks equating to one shotting Aquaman. He's above multiple Tanks in durability.

riv6672
^^^Carver didnt say he'd one shot Aquaman with a hand clap.
He said hand clapping would be effective against the powerful creatures deadline mentioned.

DarkSaint85
He said hand clapping would be effective against the powerful creatures deadline mentioned.

Doubt it could stop Topo.

http://static8.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/26917/2445856-aquaspecband.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
How is destroying Tanks equating to one shotting Aquaman. He's above multiple Tanks in durability.

Never said it would one shot Aquaman. The fodder would get taken out though. That one grip he did was said to be comparable to a nuclear attack. If he spammed that, it's a done deal and with him doing it in the area this fight is taking place would enhance this attack.

EcstaticGrace

"Taking them "all" out."

Regardless
http://m.imgur.com/a/5jYgd

-Pr-
Never said it would one shot Aquaman. The fodder would get taken out though. That one grip he did was said to be comparable to a nuclear attack. If he spammed that, it's a done deal and with him doing it in the area this fight is taking place would enhance this attack.

Not everything Aquaman can call on would count as fodder.

riv6672
"Taking them "all" out."

Regardless
Well, he confirmed my hypothesis, so nyah. smile

cdtm
Originally posted by Cogito
You mean hydrokinesis? No, he doesn't have that ability, Mera does.

Odd that Aquaman can't water bend, too.

Any explanation given for this?

-Pr-
Originally posted by cdtm

For him not doing it? Or for her being able to?

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
For him not doing it? Or for her being able to?

Either or.

The Young Justice toon made water sorcery look like a learned skill.

-Pr-
Either or.

The Young Justice toon made water sorcery look like a learned skill.

They both fall under the "metahuman" banner, iirc. Water-control isn't a power every Atlantean has (last I checked anyway), nor is Aquaman's insane level of strength and durability (not to mention water-telepathy/normal telepathy).

Unless something has changed that I missed, it's just the powers they got from being different, though his can be explained partially by his mixed heritage I suppose, if you want to be technical about it.

-K-M-

He only could do it when he had the Waterbearer, which he no longer has.

-K-M-
They both fall under the "metahuman" banner, iirc. Water-control isn't a power every Atlantean has (last I checked anyway), nor is Aquaman's insane level of strength and durability (not to mention water-telepathy/normal telepathy).

Unless something has changed that I missed, it's just the powers they got from being different, though his can be explained partially by his mixed heritage I suppose, if you want to be technical about it.

Mera is from a different dimension and many of the people from there can waterbend. Black Manta met another woman from Mera's dimension and had sexy time making the new Aqualad. Due to his mother's heritage, he can manipulate the water. Regular Atlanteans don't generally have that ability.

psycho gundam
Hulk was weakened fighting an amped Attuma (using Hulk's blood)

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_wd_zpsu9cnjqgm.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_eaf_zpsa7dpiq2s.jpg

carver9
Not everything Aquaman can call on would count as fodder.

Could they survive what I posted? Hell, could Aquaman survive power equivalent to a nuke?

carver9
"Taking them "all" out."

Regardless

Have you seen the effects of Hulk thunderclap under water?

-Pr-
Originally posted by -K-M-
Mera is from a different dimension and many of the people from there can waterbend. Black Manta met another woman from Mera's dimension and had sexy time making the new Aqualad. Due to his mother's heritage, he can manipulate the water. Regular Atlanteans don't generally have that ability.

Ah okay. I must have missed/forgotten that part about the other Xebel people.

Could they survive what I posted? Hell, could Aquaman survive power equivalent to a nuke?

Yes.

carver9
Ah okay. I must have missed/forgotten that part about the other Xebel people.

Yes.

Really? What are you basing this off of? And that was him just clamping his hands, a full powered thunderclap would probably kill Aquaman.

-Pr-
Really? What are you basing this off of? And that was him just clamping his hands, a full powered thunderclap would probably kill Aquaman.

Really? What else has it killed?

cdtm

laughing

-Pr-
I genuinely want to know what major character it has or would kill.

and wtf "Gravage" means.

EcstaticGrace
Have you seen the effects of Hulk thunderclap under water?

Feel free to share what Gravage Hulk has done with his Thunder claps. Refrain from mix and matching when you do.

carver9

It doesn't need to kill him, just knock him out. It's stated right on panel the power behind the attack. I'm asking if Aquaman can endure said power.

cdtm
I genuinely want to know what major character it has or would kill.

and wtf "Gravage" means.

Any Green Hulk with Gray level intelligence.

Green Skar is considered a Gravage, but I thought he had Banner level intelligence and just downplayed it, judging by the fact he seemed to be following Amadeus Cho just fine when he explained his nesting wish theory.

EcstaticGrace

Aquaman took an attack from the Dead King that destroyed the Continent of Atlantis. Which is probably his best strength/durability feat.

He took Punches and tackles from someone who could destroy a mountain by flexing.

He also took a punch from a non holding back Diana/WW.

These are stuff off head.

-Pr-
It doesn't need to kill him, just knock him out. It's stated right on panel the power behind the attack. I'm asking if Aquaman can endure said power.

A "near-nuclear" level thunderclap underwater? Yes, he'd survive. Whether he'd be conscious or not, I don't know. I'd be willing to bet he would be, though. Hurt, sure, though.

Any Green Hulk with Gray level intelligence.

Green Skar is considered a Gravage, but I thought he had Banner level intelligence and just downplayed it, judging by the fact he seemed to be following Amadeus Cho just fine when he explained his nesting wish theory.

Ah okay, thanks.

EcstaticGrace
Pretty sure Green Skar isn't considered Gravage but I could be wrong.

carver9
Aquaman took an attack from the Dead King that destroyed the Continent of Atlantis. Which is probably his best strength/durability feat.

He took Punches and tackles from someone who could destroy a mountain by flexing.

He also took a punch from a non holding back Diana/WW.

These are stuff off head.

So you're saying that when he was hit by these beings, they were dishing out nuke level power?

EcstaticGrace
So you're saying that when he was hit by these beings, they were dishing out nuke level power?

Anything that could destroy a continent is above nuke level. So clearly.

cdtm

thumb up Common sense Carver.

carver9

Scans.

carver9
Pretty sure Green Skar isn't considered Gravage but I could be wrong.

That wasn't Green Scar (WTF).

EcstaticGrace
Scans.

Atlan's scepter attack destroying the Continent
http://m.imgur.com/a/pLBDV
Aquaman halting the force of the attack
http://m.imgur.com/a/Opunl

EcstaticGrace
That wasn't Green Scar (WTF).

Don't get where I suggested the scan was Green Skar.

carver9

Lol...that's not proof that he stopped a continental attack. He is fighting against someone else strength. OMG.

EcstaticGrace
Lol...that's not proof that he stopped a continental attack. He is fighting against someone else strength. OMG.

Does what you just said make sense to you.

Atlan generated enough force with the scepter to destroy a continent.

Atlan even said before he tried to destroy Atlantis again, that he was intent on destroying it in that instance. Why wasn't he able to? Aquaman took the force of the attack onto himself.

There's a baseball analogy someone came up with to explain it. Goes similar to this. If someone swings a baseball bat on the ground and creates a dent in the ground, and then later swings with the same amount of force and someone catches it. The bat's going to be felt by the person catching it. Cause there's still force being attributed.

It's pretty common to DBZ logic. If we see a Kamehameha destroy a moon and the characters using a full powered Kamehameha on another character in an Earth Battle. We could put 2 and 2 together.

cdtm

Aquaman stopped the scepter where the attack is transmitted. You can see waves emanating from it, and they even ask how it's possible for someone to catch the scepter. Plus you can see blood from where he's injured.

EcstaticGrace
Aquaman stopped the scepter where the attack is transmitted. You can see waves emanating from it, and they even ask how it's possible for someone to catch the scepter. Plus you can see blood from where he's injured.
Thankyou, I was trying to think of a way to summarize it, and you did a better job.

riv6672
^^^confusing but really interesting couple pages!

Originally posted by -K-M-
He only could do it when he had the Waterbearer, which he no longer has.
Yeah. Didnt last long.

iceman24567
That wasn't Green Scar (WTF). What are you even arguing here?

riv6672
Like i said, confusing.

Deadline

As I said there are some really powerful creatures, that scan doesn't prove he can stop them.

Can't remember if I have that issue, wheres it from?

riv6672
As I said there are some really powerful creatures, that scan doesn't prove he can stop them.

Yeah, i got that that was your point. thumb up

mighty adam
Dcun AM had great durability...I don't see the issue in him stopping a attack that could destroy a continent

celeyhyga17

AQ #25

celeyhyga17
Edit.

EcstaticGrace
Further add, Aquaman #12 had Black Manta using the scepter obviously not to the same effect as Atlan since Manta is weaker. But Manta was able to destroy a temple, and he also showed it didn't need to make contact with the ground. He hit Vostok with it and severed his spine which was stated in #13. Suggesting Vostok couldn't take the pressure of the attack.

Issue 24 we see Atlan destroy Pre-Sunk Atlantis. Issue 25 Aquaman Takes the scepter attack saying "You'd have to get by me", an Atlantean shows his astonishment questioning "How that's possible" you even get evidence of the attack. Ripples in the water, Ground smashed between Arthur's feet. Dialogue, Atlan suggesting hell destroy Atlantis, Aquaman saying not with him in the way, Murk suggesting it's impossible to catch the force of the scepter. Then you get volcanic activity which should be several miles Beneath the ocean floor.

Issue 26 Pre-Sunk Atlantis is called a continent, Issue 45 we get an idea of the size, which suggest massive.

carver9
I don't even understand why that showing is being brought up against the strongest character in comics. If Hulk get a solid hit, Aqua is knocked out. Period

EcstaticGrace
I don't even understand why that showing is being brought up against the strongest character in comics. If Hulk get a solid hit, Aqua is knocked out. Period

Your doing a bad job showcasing for it, and I'm glad you made it more clear you think Hulk can oneshot in this incarnation a character. Who can take an attack that destroyed Atlantis.

No proof other then "Tanks".. which isn't much.

carver9
Your doing a bad job showcasing for it, and I'm glad you made it more clear you think Hulk can oneshot in this incarnation a character. Who can take an attack that destroyed Atlantis.

No proof other then "Tanks".. which isn't much.

Wait, are you asking me to post scans of Gravage Hulk punching fts? The same guy who punch was compared to Black Bolt scream?

I told you the tank scene was for the fodder. It was compared to a nuclear attack.

Philosophía
You know somebody is an incompetent debater when he can't even properly argue Hulk beats Aquaman.

EcstaticGrace
Wait, are you asking me to post scans of Gravage Hulk punching fts? The same guy who punch was compared to Black Bolt scream?

I told you the tank scene was for the fodder. It was compared to a nuclear attack.
Feats > Statements. And that could honestly be applied to Hulk in this situation as well as Black Bolt.

A nuclear attack wouldnt sink 7 Kingdoms and who knows how many tribes.

carver9
Feats > Statements. And that could honestly be applied to Hulk in this situation as well as Black Bolt.

A nuclear attack wouldnt sink 7 Kingdoms and who knows how many tribes.

It wasn't a statement. He punched through a barrier that Black Bolt voice could only breach. What kind of fts are you looking for?

carver9
@Philo...

I'm not even debating on Hulk outright beating Aquaman because that part is obvious. This argument is Hulk one shot koing him which he doesn't believe can happen.

EcstaticGrace
It wasn't a statement. He punched through a barrier that Black Bolt voice could only breach. What kind of fts are you looking for?

The same voice that powered up a bomb that only did city damage? Or that Namor survived while stabbed, accompanied with falling from a great height. What's BB's voice without Statements at is what i'm asking. You also haven't shown any feats, and are backtracking from the words youve actually stated.

For example: I'm not saying it Oneshots Aquaman, regardless of the fact you said "All" gets taken out

Then I believe continuing with Hulk's Thunderclap being stated to be more powerful then BB's voice. To go back and say it wasn't statement.

Be consistent

At this point I'm honestly not even sure if we're still arguing for Gravage, who I'm questioning if he wins as well.

Stoic

In a neutral setting Arthur shouldn't be allowed to call on anything. It's him vs Hulk, not him and all of the myriad creatures under the sea vs the Hulk. Or else should the Hulk be able to call on his sons, and all of the other allies that he's had over the years? I mean is it not enough, that he's already suffering from being out of his element?

DarkSaint85
Yeah, but its not neutral.

It's the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.

cdtm
@Philo...

I'm not even debating on Hulk outright beating Aquaman because that part is obvious. This argument is Hulk one shot koing him which he doesn't believe can happen.

Because Huk is a greater threat then Despero. (He wouldn't.)

Put them in water, and Hulk gets eaten by sharks and impaled worse then what Skaar did to him.

iceman24567
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah, but its not neutral.

It's the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. thumb up You beat me to it erm

Deadline
Originally posted by Stoic
In a neutral setting Arthur shouldn't be allowed to call on anything. It's him vs Hulk, not him and all of the myriad creatures under the sea vs the Hulk. Or else should the Hulk be able to call on his sons, and all of the other allies that he's had over the years? I mean is it not enough, that he's already suffering from being out of his element?

Calling on creatures is part of his powerset, Hulk calling his sons isn't a power it's his allies. That's like saying Magneto can't use bits of flying metal in a junkyard because it's neutral.

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
AQ #25

Yea got it, for some reason don't remember it being that big a deal.

riv6672
^^^That's why i made the battle at the bottom of the sea;
to sea how an Aquaman with all his abilities (including sea life control) would fare against a Hulk out of his element.

Stoic
I wouldn't put it past the Hulk if he thrashed any and everything set on him. He's achieved some pretty spectacular power stunts in the past. I could actually see him causing such a huge disturbance that he may create a few extinction level tsunamis'. Aquaman and his minions probably won't beat him with brute strength alone, they'll need something else.

-Pr-
I wouldn't put it past the Hulk if he thrashed any and everything set on him. He's achieved some pretty spectacular power stunts in the past. I could actually see him causing such a huge disturbance that he may create a few extinction level tsunamis'. Aquaman and his minions probably won't beat him with brute strength alone, they'll need something else.

I actually agree. Unless Aquaman brings something Cthulu-esque up from the deep, the better Hulks are going to win.

This "one hit knock out" thing though, that some people are spouting, is utter bollocks.

EcstaticGrace

I've seen Hulk struggle with Squids. And Topo how more power outage than Aquaman.

Aquaman has been able to make Superman show visible signs if pain via hitting. He fought the Thule Giant and couldn't do anything to it by Blunt means. And Topo ripped it apart.

cdtm
I've seen Hulk struggle with Squids. And Topo how more power outage than Aquaman.

Aquaman has been able to make Superman show visible signs if pain via hitting. He fought the Thule Giant and couldn't do anything to it by Blunt means. And Topo ripped it apart.

I agree.

Hulk is the weakest there is... in the water.

Deadline
And Topo how more power outage than Aquaman.

Thats what I'm thinking Aquaman underwater is strong enough to hold his own against Hulk underwater by himself, you add Topo to the mix and I think it might be over. Not sure if Hulk can just got WM mode like that.

Stoic
I've also seen the Hulk throw Fin Fang Foom to the Moon, and FFF once tore apart mountains when he fought Iron Man and War Machine nearly killing them in the process. Giant creatures are cool to look at and all of that stuff, but when you have a guy looking all over the crossroads for a place to live because it was either unfit for life, or because the Hulk threatened to destroy all life on that planet including monsters as large as Godzilla, they become a little less impressive.

Deadline
He's not throwing Aquaman to the moon and Topo is more powerful than him.

Stoic
He's not throwing Aquaman to the moon and Topo is more powerful than him.

Are you claiming that Arthur is stronger than the Hulk? In this thread, I've seen Arthur given the home field advantage, the ability to call on any and all sea creatures willing to come to his aid, top feat showings and then you also want to use the Hulk at some of his worst showings. I'm surprised that no one mentioned the Hulk being choked out by a python.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk stomps. One thunder clap will take care of any pesky sea life. And the Trident if it could penetrate deeply enough, would just be healed and make Hulk angrier.

Blue Area Vet
When is punchline going to be revealed? Hulk splatters any form of AM like so much orange baby do do.

Blue Area Vet

And a python, right?

Deadline
Are you claiming that Arthur is stronger than the Hulk? In this thread, I've seen Arthur given the home field advantage, the ability to call on any and all sea creatures willing to come to his aid, top feat showings and then you also want to use the Hulk at some of his worst showings. I'm surprised that no one mentioned the Hulk being choked out by a python.

No I'm saying that underwater Aquaman is an elite class 100 like Thor and Hercules, he will be able to give Hulk a good fight. Add in Topo field advantage and other creature and Hulk loses.

EcstaticGrace

Not feats for Gravage have been provided but "Tanks"

Regardless mobility underwater favors Aquaman. They might both have pressure weighing them down but Aquaman flies through water with incredible speed.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
And a python, right?

Not sure

mighty adam
I don't even understand why that showing is being brought up against the strongest character in comics. If Hulk get a solid hit, Aqua is knocked out. Period wow strongest thats debatable superman feats of strength is right up there with hulks. Plus like PR has said in the past WE DO NOT ARGUE CHARACTERS POWERSET ON THESE FORUMS! CHARACTERS FIGHT WITHIN CHARACTER EVEN IN A FORUM FIGHT! So no hulk is not punching AM head off. Hulk holds back almost 95% of the time.

riv6672
I dont believe either character is taking the other out as easily as some are saying, but still not sure who'd actually win.

-Pr-
I dont believe either character is taking the other out as easily as some are saying, but still not sure who'd actually win.

Hulk would most likely win more often than not.

Some of the people in here are just being weird/biased/mental.

riv6672
Cant argue that last part. Thread started out with water bending and a stabbing. stick out tongue

LordofBrooklyn
Hulk wins via tsunami and, PR, is destroyed in the chaos!

riv6672
You forgot to make the font red.

Deadline

I think I would agree with this I'm in two minds about this. However for Hulk to win the majority we need to prove that he can go world destruction mode for the majority because I think that's what it's gonna take.

I can see Aquaman summouning Topo and Topo looked ALOT stronger than Aquaman but Aquaman did get a nosebleed due to the dire nature of the situation. But it's possible that Hulk is going to be fighting an elite class 100 who is going to be more manuoverable than he is Topo and EVERYTHING else in the ocean.

Aquaman is gonna be like this..

74BzSTQCl_c

LordofBrooklyn
You forgot to make the font red.

Pr, is not WORTHY of such an honor!

riv6672
I think I would agree with this I'm in two minds about this. However for Hulk to win the majority we need to prove that he can go world destruction mode for the majority because I think that's what it's gonna take.

I can see Aquaman summouning Topo and Topo looked ALOT stronger than Aquaman but Aquaman did get a nosebleed due to the dire nature of the situation. But it's possible that Hulk is going to be fighting an elite class 100 who is going to be more manuoverable than he is Topo and EVERYTHING else in the ocean.

Aquaman is gonna be like this..

74BzSTQCl_c
Good call(s) on what it might take and what can be brought by Hulk/Aquaman respectively.
I think the environment is really an equalizer.

EcstaticGrace
Don't understand how Hulk goes world destroying mode if this is Gravage.

At the bottom of the sea Aquaman is still faster then Hulk, with a deadly weapon, and several sea creatures. Aquaman summoned Topo casually in the Bunn's run. And nothing has been provided for this incarnation of Hulk but "tanks"

Deadline
Don't understand how Hulk goes world destroying mode if this is Gravage.

At the bottom of the sea Aquaman is still faster then Hulk, with a deadly weapon, and several sea creatures. Aquaman summoned Topo casually in the Bunn's run. And nothing has been provided for this incarnation of Hulk but "tanks"

When I say world destruction mode I don't mean WB Hulk. I mean he literally gets so mad he can destroy a world. I saw one feat where did dimension destroying damage (or something like that) with a thunderclap there were circumstances but that's the sort of thing I mean.

EcstaticGrace
When I say world destruction mode I don't mean WB Hulk. I mean he literally gets so mad he can destroy a world. I saw one feat where did dimension destroying damage (or something like that) with a thunderclap there were circumstances but that's the sort of thing I mean.

Circumstances sound like there was a plot device attributed. Regardless if anything like that's capable and for some reason considerable because it sounds like an outlier I'd agree that Hulk Oneshots.

celeyhyga17
Topo makes this fight more interesting

Rage.Of.Olympus
No I'm saying that underwater Aquaman is an elite class 100 like Thor and Hercules, he will be able to give Hulk a good fight. Add in Topo field advantage and other creature and Hulk loses.

Since when is Aquaman comparable to either Thor or Hercules even underwater?

No amount of sea creatures is going to tip this in Aquamans favour. Adding help will only make Aquaman fare worse because Hulk will just get angrier and widen the gap between him and Arthur.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

No amount of sea creatures is going to tip this in Aquamans favour. Adding help will only make Aquaman fare worse because Hulk will just get angrier and widen the gap between him and Arthur.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/4589211-8210915011-marti.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/4589212-6859680307-marti.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/4589213-6954535201-marti.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/4589214-4319277915-marti.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/4589215-5845396020-marti.jpg

rolling on floor laughing

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Really cause he's faired well against Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter without the aid of Sea Creatures.

If we're talking about Aquaman's history in general he has a pretty good track record of fight characters in the WW class. Regardless of Era.

Post-Crisis a Whale took a punch from Capt Atom without flinching. Aquaman overpowered an Alien Dragon that was holding Powergirl in a bite restraint.

I don't get where the Aquaman can't do anything to certain characters myth comes from. Seriously read his comics. A trident that's going through anyone in Thor/Hercules weight class, and Sea Life that could bother them, this is disregarding his physicals and Post-Crisis his telepathy that suggest he could give people seizures.

cdtm
Aquaman was beating on Dreadnought after he copied Supermans powers early in the post crisis era.

Claimed his bodies conditioning for the deepest depths of the ocean made up for the strength gap.

And he was Wonder Woman's nemesis in Flashpoint. The two were at a stalemate with each other.

-Pr-
Since the reboot they've gone to great pains to make it clear that physically, he's close to or on Wonder Woman's level. He was already arguably on J'onn's even pre-crisis, so it's not like he's some weakling.

All that said, bar some Namor-esque hijinks, he's not beating any reasonably decent, herald-beating Hulk. Imo, anyway.

cdtm
Since the reboot they've gone to great pains to make it clear that physically, he's close to or on Wonder Woman's level. He was already arguably on J'onn's even pre-crisis, so it's not like he's some weakling.

All that said, bar some Namor-esque hijinks, he's not beating any reasonably decent, herald-beating Hulk. Imo, anyway.

I don't know, Namor has his number underwater.

And he's the joke everyone thinks Arthur is. stick out tongue

EcstaticGrace

Standard to Upper Hulk makes any of Aquaman's advantages pretty moot in general.

The Trident? =/= Hulk has an intense healing factor
Physicals? Hulk has Aquaman beat in everything outside speed and skill
Telepathy? Hulk has really impressive TP resistance. I'd still argue with the Seizure claim but that's another topic

The only reason I'm arguing here is this is Gravage and nothing has been provided to show he'd beat Arthur in Aquaman's terrain.

-Pr-
I don't know, Namor has his number underwater.

And he's the joke everyone thinks Arthur is. stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Standard to Upper Hulk makes any of Aquaman's advantages pretty moot in general.

The Trident? =/= Hulk has an intense healing factor
Physicals? Hulk has Aquaman beat in everything outside speed and skill
Telepathy? Hulk has really impressive TP resistance. I'd still argue with the Seizure claim but that's another topic

The only reason I'm arguing here is this is Gravage and nothing has been provided to show he'd beat Arthur in Aquaman's terrain.

If I could remember more about Gravage's appearances, assuming I've even read them, I could weigh in better I feel.

carver9
He fought the Avengers that had heavy hitters. That should be a good ft within itself. He also fought, Cap, Ironman, and Thor who was enraged (while Hulk was holding back) and held his own. Was actually blitzing (also, Aquaman isn't faster than Hulk, sorry).

-Pr-
He fought the Avengers that had heavy hitters. That should be a good ft within itself. He also fought, Cap, Ironman, and Thor who was enraged (while Hulk was holding back) and held his own. Was actually blitzing (also, Aquaman isn't faster than Hulk, sorry).

You could be right, but it's you, so I don't believe you.

cdtm
And here comes the lowballing threadkiller.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It was a nice thread.

carver9
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/hulkvsavengers01_zps487bcb53.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/hulkvsavengers02_zps78838d4b.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/hulkvsavengers03_zpsdfec4c64.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/hulkvsavengers04_zpsb2d0182d.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/hulkvsavengers05_zps5817497e.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/hulkvsavengers06_zps1c9aeb23.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/hulkvsavengers07_zps8cea4ed9.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/hulkvsavengers08_zpsd4b431dc.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/hulkvsavengers09_zpsa5fea1fe.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/hulkvsavengers010_zpscbbab401.jpg

EcstaticGrace

Any incarnation of Aquaman is faster than Hulk atleast consistenty and maybe with the exception of GA.

carver9
Any incarnation of Aquaman is faster than Hulk atleast consistenty and maybe with the exception of GA.

What's Aquaman best speed ft?

EcstaticGrace
What's Aquaman best speed ft?
Pre-Flashpoint: Having lightning reflexes, Dodging Lightning, keeping up with Wally when they were off to stop a war, Keeping up with Superman and Wonder Woman when going of to confront a villain.

Post-Flashpoint: Outspeeds a Hypersonic Aircraft, Blitzes Wonder Woman, Blitzes a mind possessed Martian Manhunter, Dodging a speed punch from Superman.

carver9
Pre-Flashpoint: Having lightning reflexes, Dodging Lightning, keeping up with Wally when they were off to stop a war, Keeping up with Superman and Wonder Woman when going of to confront a villain.

Post-Flashpoint: Outspeeds a Hypersonic Aircraft, Blitzes Wonder Woman, Blitzes a mind possessed Martian Manhunter, Dodging a speed punch from Superman.

Has been said about Hulk (lightning reflexes). Post the lightning showing please. Are you saying Aquaman is close to Flash speed? Are you talking about him swimming keeping up with Superman and Wonder Woman?

EcstaticGrace
Has been said about Hulk (lightning reflexes). Post the lightning showing please. Are you saying Aquaman is close to Flash speed? Are you talking about him swimming keeping up with Superman and Wonder Woman?

Yes, Aquaman hasn't had it just stated it's been shown.

No I'm not saying Aquaman is close to Flash speed. I'm saying in a JL comic which typically nerf's Wally. Arthur was keeping paste with Wally to go stop a Durlan war.
http://m.imgur.com/a/vPvnu

The bottom instance also shows him charging Amazo before he can react.
Notices a Wally clone's movements in Rock of ages. Who was moving faster than the enhanced human eye could see.
http://m.imgur.com/oap7u7w?r

Dodging Demons Lightning.
http://m.imgur.com/h2Nyhk8

Vs Weather Wizard
http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124701/3973287-3420924-aq_lig%2B1.jpg
http://static8.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124701/3973288-adventure450end.gif

In regards to stuff actually relevant to the thread
http://m.imgur.com/5Ga3qVy

carver9
Those speed fts are lame.

EcstaticGrace
Those speed fts are lame.
Sucks nothing for Hulk has been presented that top them.

carver9
Sucks nothing for Hulk has been presented that top them.

I agree with you Sorrow...I just think that showing was more in-depth. Also, I think this belongs here.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IndestructibleHulk12010.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IndestructibleHulk12011.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IndestructibleHulk12012.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IndestructibleHulk12013.jpg

carver9
He has moved through time stop...

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16636492_Indestructible_Hulk_13_015.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16636494_Indestructible_Hulk_13_016.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16636496_Indestructible_Hulk_13_017.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16636498_Indestructible_Hulk_13_018.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16636500_Indestructible_Hulk_13_019-20.jpg

carver9
Also, the scan I posted of Hulk vs the big three, he was catching laser beams from Ironman out of the air.

EcstaticGrace
Aquaman in the current Justice League book where he travels to the 4 corners of the world in the span of a fight.

In Justice League vs Suicide Squad he surrounded the US in about 8 minutes which is 3,797,000 miles long.

Also blitzing Diana or Martian Manhunter >>>>>>>>> Humans.

EcstaticGrace
Aquaman has deflected lasers with his trident. Street Level characters in comics have reacted to lasers.

Zoom moves through time and he's stated not to be a speedster. He's a time manipulator. I'd argue given Hulk's character he overpowered the guys time control. Regardless when Aquaman was fighting Wonder Woman in Aquaman Annual 2 they were placed in frozen time and still moving.

carver9
Aquaman in the current Justice League book where he travels to the 4 corners of the world in the span of a fight.

In Justice League vs Suicide Squad he surrounded the US in about 8 minutes which is 3,797,000 miles long.

Also blitzing Diana or Martian Manhunter >>>>>>>>> Humans.

Scans. Are you talking about him swimming?

He blitzed a Diana that didn't want to fight him and what humans did I post him blitzing. Can humans move around at "super speed"?

carver9
Aquaman has deflected lasers with his trident. Street Level characters in comics have reacted to lasers.

Zoom moves through time and he's stated not to be a speedster. He's a time manipulator. I'd argue given Hulk's character he overpowered the guys time control. Regardless when Aquaman was fighting Wonder Woman in Aquaman Annual 2 they were placed in frozen time and still moving.

You're the one that is showing those lame lightning showings as evidence. Are we now discrediting things because street tier has done it? What if I show a street leveler reacting to Flash, does that discredit your showing of Aquaman and Flash?

Scans of the frozen time scene.

-Pr-
Pot and kettle, Carter.

carver9
Pot and kettle, Carter.

How?

EcstaticGrace
You're the one that is showing those lame lightning showings as evidence. Are we now discrediting things because street tier has done it? What if I show a street leveler reacting to Flash, does that discredit your showing of Aquaman and Flash?

Scans of the frozen time scene.

That doesn't make sense as an example. Everyone and their mother Dodges lasers in comics. Flash typically gets tagged due to plot, or someone being fast enough to do it.

I could probably list more instances a street character has reacted to lasers than you can in regards to Flash being tagged in an actual legit standpoint.

-Pr-
How?

Pushing Hulk while downplaying Aquaman? It's called cherry picking.

EcstaticGrace
Scans. Are you talking about him swimming?

He blitzed a Diana that didn't want to fight him and what humans did I post him blitzing. Can humans move around at "super speed"?

How does not wanting to fight, prevent you from reacting??? Weird given she changes her stance as he charges and she also hits him after his initial blitz...

Or the fact he zipped past Wonder Woman to hit Superman in TOA.

Yes the fights underwater and he's even stated to be logically faster above it. At the bottom of the respect thread in post #1
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/thevivas/blog/new-52rebirth-aquaman-respect-thread/117797/

cdtm
Pushing Hulk while downplaying Aquaman? It's called cherry picking.

A.k.a. "the Carver method".

celeyhyga17
He has moved through time stop...
Pretty sure Hulk's chronal armor helped him with the time stop. Notice in the next scan how it helped him a little against the aging attack.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Pretty sure Hulk's chronal armor helped him with the time stop. Notice in the next scan how it helped him a little against the aging attack.

This was never said. It didn't even prevent him from aging.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>