Oceans 8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2017/01/O8-11265r.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/01/30/entertainment/oceans-8-cast/index.html?client=safari

Girl Power.

John Murdoch
Really? Hadn't heard of this at all. You think any connection to the Clooney/Pitt/Damon Ocean's Trilogy? Or just reboot?

riv6672
Supposedly Damon's character is in this.
So, side story in the same 'universe'?

Patient_Leech
Is this the new thing now, rebooting classic movies with an all female cast?

Do we have sexually segregated movies now? Men and women aren't allowed to cohabit cinematically anymore?

Kazenji
Because you know, Woman > Men.

riv6672
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Is this the new thing now, rebooting classic movies with an all female cast?

Do we have sexually segregated movies now? Men and women aren't allowed to cohabit cinematically anymore?
Dont think its a reboot.

BruceSkywalker
will prolly pass unless the trailer whoos me

John Murdoch

Firefly218
If you're not interested, don't watch it. Just stop complaining already about female casts, it's not that big a deal

Dreampanther
I'll just wait and see this at home. Can't see why I would want to go to a theater to see this.

riv6672
^^^i'm pretty selective about theater going, too.

Originally posted by Firefly218
If you're not interested, don't watch it. Just stop complaining already about female casts, it's not that big a deal
Nooice.

jinXed by JaNx
If this were an underground video of these bitches scissoring instead of a movie, i'd definitely watch it.

riv6672
So edgy.

Robtard

What this guy said. The fear of women as leads is silly, get over it.

Personally, I only liked the first (reboot) Ocean's film, the other's were just meh. So this doesn't intrigue me much, as it's probably just more of the same. Something I'll download and watch at home when I have some time to kill.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Robtard
I'll download and watch at home when I have some time to kill.

Illegally?

riv6672
Snitches get stitches.

John Murdoch

True. Again, the director, Gary Ross, has helmed films with strong-willed protagonists, and arguably one of the most popular headstrong protagonists - male or female - in recent years with adapting The Hunger Games, so I'm thinking this will be an interesting direction to take the Oceans franchise.

TheVaultDweller
I'm just glad Melissa McCarthy isn't in this.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by riv6672
Snitches get stitches.

I won't tell on ya wink

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'm just glad Melissa McCarthy isn't in this.

Yea, she would ruin the underground scissoring video.

riv6672
Originally posted by John Murdoch
True. Again, the director, Gary Ross, has helmed films with strong-willed protagonists, and arguably one of the most popular headstrong protagonists - male or female - in recent years with adapting The Hunger Games, so I'm thinking this will be an interesting direction to take the Oceans franchise.
^^^Logic.
Took me a while to recognize it!

Nibedicus
Quite enjoyed the Ocean's movies so I might give this a look. Will wait for the trailers before making up my mind. If this is a good movie with a good premise I don't see how the all female cast would bother me one bit.

But if it is a crappy movie that was just an excuse to toss a few women together to make a statement or if it becomes some sort of "girl power" politicized story (like some of the most recent comic books have become), then I'll 100% pass.

I'm thinking the former to be more likely than the latter however.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Logic.
Took me a while to recognize it!

I get lucky every once in a blue moon, Riv haha.

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Quite enjoyed the Ocean's movies so I might give this a look. Will wait for the trailers before making up my mind. If this is a good movie with a good premise I don't see how the all female cast would bother me one bit.

But if it is a crappy movie that was just an excuse to toss a few women together to make a statement or if it becomes some sort of "girl power" politicized story (like some of the most recent comic books have become), then I'll 100% pass.

I'm thinking the former to be more likely than the latter however.

Ya, this is what I was trying to get at with my first post, Nib. There have been plenty of well-written and executed movies that have very strong female leads, so I'm hoping this is a strong female ensemble.

marwash22

riv6672
I dont talk about my shit posting sister, Gretta666, like, at all. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.