Mask vs Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who is taking this?

EcstaticGrace
Mask is a reality warping Toon character almost. I guess you could make an argument Flash could go back in time and prevent him from getting the mask. But Barry typically doesn't operate like that.

DarkSaint85
http://static6.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/39779/907775-mask_speed13.jpg

Mask becomes the Flash, and the Flash becomes the Mask.

Digi
Mask. The fight would last only as long as he wanted it to. Toon powers are basically a trump card in comics. Anything that is grounded in any sort of reality - even abstract powers bound to a particular company/universe/multiverse/etc. - can be defeated by toonforce nonsense on a whim.

beatboks
Originally posted by Digi
Mask. The fight would last only as long as he wanted it to. Toon powers are basically a trump card in comics. Anything that is grounded in any sort of reality - even abstract powers bound to a particular company/universe/multiverse/etc. - can be defeated by toonforce nonsense on a whim.

This

Mask curb stomps

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Digi
Mask. The fight would last only as long as he wanted it to. Toon powers are basically a trump card in comics. Anything that is grounded in any sort of reality - even abstract powers bound to a particular company/universe/multiverse/etc. - can be defeated by toonforce nonsense on a whim. Only Mr Mxyzptlk could stop such toon force.

Digi
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Only Mr Mxyzptlk could stop such toon force.

His powers definitely extend into that realm anyway. So yeah.

leonidas
because his power is basically rooted originally IN toonforce.

Khazra Reborn
Mask is toonforce, but he's definitely not in Mxy's league. Still, more than enough to take down Flash.

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
because his power is basically rooted originally IN toonforce.

I always saw modern Mxy as kind of an homage to that era of comics, back when nothing had to make any sense.

cdtm
Lobo beat Mask, and Wally can beat Lobo. Therefore, Wally beats Mask.

My abc logic is impeccable.

Digi
Ha. Lobo is another with fairly explicit plot powers. He's malleable enough to actually hang with toon characters and not have it look weird if the writers want him to.

Galan007
This happens:

https://s23.postimg.org/cogi8hq3v/Lobo_The_Mask_01_15.jpg

Mask wins. thumb up

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Mask is a reality warping Toon character almost. I guess you could make an argument Flash could go back in time and prevent him from getting the mask. But Barry typically doesn't operate like that.

1. I'm surprised DarkSaint hasn't made precisely this argument.

2. Isn't this how Barry operated with his greatest challenges, including the Anti-Monitor, appearing to people in various times to recruit help?
I might be thinking of something that is a recent retcon or something Wally did, though.

3. I don't know where comic book Mask gets his power from, but Movie Mask got his power from Loki. Could/would the Loki from Marvel comics stop him? Or the Loki from whatever comic company publishes The Mask? Has he ever encountered his "maker" in one of his story lines?

4. Does comic book Mask have the same "Mask only at night" limitation as his movie counterpart? Has there ever been a time where Mask got depowered by crossing over into a time zone and/ or the sun came up?

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Galan007
This happens:

https://s23.postimg.org/cogi8hq3v/Lobo_The_Mask_01_15.jpg

Mask wins. thumb up

Lol, this was a great issue. Mask just kills an entire invasion force, basically just for the lulz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.