Possible Darth Malgus Return

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Dataminers have confirmed that Darth Malgus' model has been added to the #5.2 Iokath storyline. Not much else is known.

https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/npc/darth-malgus-16

TenebrousWay
We just need him ragdolling the Outlander, Arcann and some other dudes to fully estabilish his awesomeness.

I sincerely hope they don't make him a redemed cuck.

carthage
smile

Trocity
Malgus is weaksauce now. Leave him in peace.

darthbane77
****ing finally

Geistalt
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/npc/darth-malgus-16 wot

Rockydonovang
Malgus<hot

DarthAnt66
"Someone betrayed me. They lured me into that death trap and sabotaged the throne--just like they tricked all of us into fighting a war on Iokath."

---

"YOU ARE BETRAYED."

"I'm the ruler of the Eternal Alliance. Of the galaxy. Who would dare turn against me?"

"ONE MARKED BY ANGER. PAIN. HOPE ERODING."

---

"THE BETRAYER LURED YOU TO IOKATH. IGNITED WAR. SPARKED THE ENGINES OF RAGE, ENVY, PASSION, HATE, SORROW. THE BETRAYER NOW OFFERS YOU: SACRIFICE PRIME. FUEL FOR THE SIX GODS!"

--- --- ---

A lot of talk of a "betrayer" and "traitor." Seems to fit the title of Malgus the Betrayer. His character is also being used in a cinematic cutscene for this.

TenebrousWay
It doesn't make any sense the dialogue. Sounds more like Lana Beniko.

Even if Malgus return, I doubt we're going to fight him in the operation, perhaps he'll be the one behind it.

DarthAnt66
We're not fighting him in the operation. We already know that.

He's scheduled to appear in the cinematic at the end of it, though.

Malgus is likely the one orchestrating the Jedi and Sith to fight on Iokath.

TenebrousWay
Brace yourself Ant. Malgus is going to be > Revan. It's inevitable. smile

DarthAnt66
I doubt it. Revan ragdolling Marr and Shan will be hard to top.

Malgus would have to at least be decisively superior to the Outlander, which I doubt he will be.

Zenwolf
Is it really that hard for them to just make a brand new antagonist?

TenebrousWay
I doubt it. Revan ragdolling Marr and Shan will be hard to top.

Malgus would have to at least be decisively superior to the Outlander, which I doubt he will be.

Your lack of faith is disturbing. sad

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
"Six Gods."

Hmmm.

DarthAnt66
The operation bosses are Tyth, Aivela, Esne, Nahut, Scyva, and Izax.

Rockydonovang
i wonder if we get a shan vs malgus rematch

nfactor1995

For what operation?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

...erm

You're telling me these Gods actually exist?

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Sems like it.

Malgus is kewl tho.

DarthDuelist9
Malgus is kind of the only character that interests me in TOR so I'm glad he returns but it's indeed pretty lazy storytelling.

TenebrousWay
https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/cdx/alliance-intelligence-report-a-common-thread

Some interesting info.

DarthAnt66
Absolutely Malgus.

Beniboybling
Probably Revan.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Probably Revan.

After they kill this Malgus again they'll ressurect an angry Revan again to raise subscribers.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Probably Revan.
THey need to retcon sor and everything post sor and have obsidian make a proper kotor 3 with revan and vitiate meeting in a final rematch

Geistalt
I was going to say I would approve of this if they did it right, but, seeing how the NPC's level 50, that doesn't sound likely.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Geistalt
I was going to say I would approve of this if they did it right, but, seeing how the NPC's level 50, that doesn't sound likely...

You're not going to fight him in this operation, as Ant said. The files suggest that he's just the mastermind behind the uprisings and the inter faction war. He'll only be used in cutscenes, it explains why his old entry was selected.

Geistalt
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
You're not going to fight him in this operation, as Ant said. The files suggest that he's just the mastermind behind the uprisings and the inter faction war. He'll only be used in cutscenes, it explains why his old entry was selected. Wow. That's dumb. I remember the "Return" trailer, when he was still an FNG. A powerful FNG, but an FNG nonetheless.

AncientPower
Confirmed: Darth Malgus endured fatal injuries, the explosion of a technologically advanced space station and exposure to space vacuum.

ares834
Malgus > Valkorion incoming

carthage
Bring him back and have him kick ass.

Easily one of my favorite Legends characters.

Geistalt
Originally posted by ares834
Malgus = Valkorion incoming fixed

Solar Power
Lol, so we had Vitiate being resurrected, Revan returning from the dead, Marr coming back as a spirit, HK-55 returning, and now Malgus returning as well? Just seems a tad overdone with the bringing people back thing.

Emperordmb
How are these people so shitty that they can't protect their ****ing plot twists?

Every single time they try to surprise people, this information can be found months in advance. How the **** have they not wised up to this by now?

Beniboybling
What if it's a red herring and it's actually Jadus. smile smile smile

Nope, too smart for Biofaggs.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Geistalt
I don't hate anyone, tbh. I just find everyone's stupidity amusing. Including my own.
Speaking of which, I was a moron for not having read this sooner. Or the hidden Uprising datalogs.
https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/cdx/alliance-intelligence-report-a-common-thread

Some interesting info.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
THey need to retcon sor and everything post sor and have obsidian make a proper kotor 3 with revan and vitiate meeting in a final rematch

Ursumeles
No.

S_W_LeGenD
I always felt that Darth Malgus would not die that easily. Good development, if true.

I also expect a Darth Jadus based story arc in the future. His story needs closure too.

Petrus

TenebrousWay

The result of that is Arcann. So, yeah.

Petrus
But in the end he wasn't the true antagonist, it was Valkorion who turned out to be Vitiate, so.

TenebrousWay
That's why Arcann was the closest of a "new" antagonist that Bioware could deliver.

Petrus
Closest, yeah. Not good enough, tho.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Anymore info on this?

TenebrousWay
The update is going to be released on the next tuesday (April 18th), if it doesn't get delayed again.

nfactor1995
The result of that is Arcann. So, yeah.

I liked Arcann.

DarthAnt66
Looks like they might have scrapped the Malgus idea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.