A TOR wankers attempts at wanking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77

SunRazer
Not sure if you've caught up on KMC's discussions on how Luke considers every threat comparable to Palpatine and downplays himself all the time.

And your arbitrary comparisons of each iteration of Vitiate/Sidious' growths in power are completely baseless.

The codex also only states that Vitiate's more powerful than Kun as of the game. Kun is more powerful than novel Vitiate per his own accolades.

Emperordmb
Alright, I'll play along. Where's Revan on your new scale?

darthbane77
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Alright, I'll play along. Where's Revan on your new scale? Believe it or not, this has nothing to do with Revan. This is just trying to break the Sidious>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every other Sith mold that KMC has been stuck in since I got here.

Emperordmb
Yes the fact that people on here almost deify him is a bit creepy, but I'd still like to know where you have Revan now.

darthbane77
I have him a little bit below Yoda atm.

DarthAnt66
I'm confused with how your prioritizing your logic here.

Why are you taking Luke's in-universe comments higher than the half-a-dozen sources listing ROTS Palpatine above Exar Kun?

Tondemonai
Cancer smile

Tondemonai
Sorry, couldn't help it xD

SunRazer
You mention in the OP that quotes specifically contradict Sidious being no. 1? I didn't see any in the OP. Which ones are you talking about? Because even TPM Sidious is canonically more powerful than SWTOR Vitiate, so your comparison is pretty flawed.

Trocity
Originally posted by darthbane77 Kun is compared, by Luke Skywalker, to Sidious. Meaning that Kun is comparable to ROTJ Sidious. Now, if Kun is comparable to ROTJ Sidious, then that would mean Vitiate, as of the novel, is likely more powerful than that. Meaning novel Vitiate is at LEAST, ROTJ Sidious level.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/3204777/lmao-o.gif

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SunRazer
You mention in the OP that quotes specifically contradict Sidious being no. 1? I didn't see any in the OP. Which ones are you talking about? Because even TPM Sidious is canonically more powerful than SWTOR Vitiate, so your comparison is pretty flawed.
The Son's existence, I imagine. To be entirely honest, though, there's no direct quote placing the Son above Palpatine (that I can think of). If we're bringing the Ones into the picture, then I'd wager the Palpatine Brigade has a lot more ammunition since it could legitimately argument Palpatine is more powerful than the Son.

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Son's existence, I imagine. To be entirely honest, though, there's no direct quote placing the Son above Palpatine (that I can think of). If we're bringing that into the picture, then I'd wager the Palpatine Brigade has a lot more ammunition since it could legitimately argument Palpatine is more powerful than the Son.

The Son is stated to have power beyond any Sith in the EU databank, and is repeatedly stated to be beyond the domain of mortal Force users. Though by Palpatine's prime he may not fit the definition of a mortal at all, since he becomes more of an energy being at that stage. You can also question whether DE Palpatine is truly a Sith, but I personally find that argument fairly similar to the one about Nihilus. I'm not sure if any sources explicitly mention the Reborn Emperor as being a Sith, though, as opposed to Nihilus. In any case, it's impossible to argue that any iteration of Palpatine except possibly DE above the Son.

But seeing as the Son isn't even a Sith, there's nothing affecting Palpatine's status as the most powerful Sith Lord in history.

darthbane77
You mention in the OP that quotes specifically contradict Sidious being no. 1? I didn't see any in the OP. Which ones are you talking about? Because even TPM Sidious is canonically more powerful than SWTOR Vitiate, so your comparison is pretty flawed. Vitiate's own #1 Sith quotes. Of course, the concept that TPM Sidious and Plagueis are > Vitiate is laughable to me, as I've expressed many times now.

DarthAnt66
@Sunrazer: That would just place the Son above ROTS Palpatine though, not ROTJ and DE.

Emperordmb
Ant stop feeding the forum pure and utter cancer.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by darthbane77
Vitiate's own #1 Sith quotes.
None exist in the same fashion as Palpatine's though.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Ant stop feeding the forum pure and utter cancer.
Revan > the Son too, BTW. We all saw how the Son was taking orders like a lil' *****. wink

SunRazer

DarthAnt66
Hm? I don't recall any GOAT Palpatine quotes until AotC (besides scaling from DP).

darthbane77
None exist in the same fashion as Palpatine's though. I don't think the TOR Encyclopedia is an in-universe style source, meaning the quotes in there stating Vitiate as the most powerful Sith in history should apply. To my knowledge anyway.

SunRazer
@Sunrazer: That would just place the Son above ROTS Palpatine though, not ROTJ and DE.

The EU databank considers information from all of the EU, so RotJ Palpatine is included.

As I said, I'm not sure if any source calls DE Palpatine a Sith, so you might be able to make some far-fetched argument about him being excluded from the Son's quote and then somehow argue that he's above the Son. I won't be making such a claim, though.

SunRazer
Originally posted by darthbane77
I don't think the TOR Encyclopedia is an in-universe style source, meaning the quotes in there stating Vitiate as the most powerful Sith in history should apply. To my knowledge anyway.

The TOR Encyclopedia has a note at the beginning saying that it's in-universe. You should be able to tell anyway given that they write as if they're unsure of future events at some points.

SunRazer

Hm? I don't recall any GOAT Palpatine quotes until AotC (besides scaling from DP).

The quote you found from 2012 stating that TPM Palpatine is the most powerful Sith Master to ever live. Vanilla SWTOR was released in 2011, so even by some people's ridiculous self-imposed statute of limitations, TPM Palpatine > vanilla SWTOR Vitiate.

But of course, quotes do not have a statute of limitations. They can't be defied until they're explicitly retconned.

Deronn_solo
Just dreadful.

You get an A for effort, though.

@Nova:

Which one?

DarthAnt66
The quote you found from 2012 stating that TPM Palpatine is the most powerful Sith Master to ever live.
I thought that was from AotC? mmm

darthbane77
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Just dreadful.

@Nova:

Which one? thumb up

SunRazer
Just dreadful.

@Nova:

Which one?

The one that says he's the most powerful Dark Lord up to and of his time. Obviously, novel Vitiate is about 40 years after, but I doubt that's enough to compensate for that difference.

If you want to get technical, Kun's only certifiably more powerful than ~ novel Vitiate, although it's highly likely that Kun is more powerful than novel Vitiate as well.

SunRazer
I thought that was from AotC? mmm

That was from Darth Maul: Sith Apprentice according to you. And it mentions Maul's servitude to Palpatine in present tense, so we can assume that it's referring to Palpatine as of Maul's servitude to him, or at least around that time (ergo, EoTPM).

DarthAnt66
The one that says he's the most powerful Dark Lord up to and of his time. Obviously, novel Vitiate is about 40 years after, but I doubt that's enough to compensate for that difference.

If you want to get technical, Kun's only certifiably more powerful than ~ novel Vitiate, although it's highly likely that Kun is more powerful than novel Vitiate as well.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/113218/5027977-thats_a_stretch_laptop_skins.jpg

SunRazer
As I said, technically Kun is only more powerful than 3996 BBY Vitiate. 40 years may or may not be enough to compensate for that. I personally don't believe it to be so, but either way, novel Vitiate is never directly stated to be more powerful than Kun. It's equally the result of personal imagination.

Deronn_solo

So, nothing confirming Exar is more powerful than Vitiate, as of the Revan novel?

Gotcha.

SunRazer
So, nothing confirming Exar is more powerful than Vitiate, as of the Revan novel?

Gotcha.

Yep. But nothing confirming novel Vitiate > Kun either, so we're back to square one. The scaling in the OP doesn't work.

Deronn_solo
You claimed a quote comfirmed it - when, in fact, it didn't. My goal was never to argue Vitiate was > Kun as of the novel here, only for proof for your claim.

You showed insufficient evidence to support your stance, and really, that's all there is to it.

Now yeild.

SunRazer
Right. I already conceded later on that nothing directly proves that Kun > novel Vitiate, only ~ novel Vitiate if we want to be technical. I was referring to Vitiate as of the novel by approximation, not by exact date.

You're missing the point. The point is that novel Vitiate is not conclusively stated to be more powerful than Kun, and quite to the contrary, it's entirely plausible, and if anything likely, that Kun is more powerful than novel Vitiate.

But since you're more interested in keeping count of people's concessions to you than the actual point, let me get down on my knees for you.

The point is conceded.

That enough? smile

Deronn_solo
Nova, like Zoltan, always thinking I soley have some sort of egotistical agenda in these threads.

smh.

cs_zoltan
I wonder why when you start right off the bat like this roll eyes (sarcastic)

no case, per usual, smh.

sit at the kiddy and let adults discuss what your inferior skills aren't capable of.

S_W_LeGenD
Right. I already conceded later on that nothing directly proves that Kun > novel Vitiate, only ~ novel Vitiate if we want to be technical. I was referring to Vitiate as of the novel by approximation, not by exact date.

You're missing the point. The point is that novel Vitiate is not conclusively stated to be more powerful than Kun, and quite to the contrary, it's entirely plausible, and if anything likely, that Kun is more powerful than novel Vitiate.

But since you're more interested in keeping count of people's concessions to you than the actual point, let me get down on my knees for you.

The point is conceded.

That enough? smile
You think that Exar Kun could dominate/defeat Revan* in single combat?

*A guy with sufficient strength to fodderize Darth Traya level opponents.

I wouldn't bet on that.

Azronger
I wonder if DB77 has the audacity to call me biased after this laughing out loud

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
I wonder why when you start right off the bat like this roll eyes (sarcastic)

nope, that was just banter.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
You think that Exar Kun could dominate/defeat Revan* in single combat?

*A guy with sufficient strength to fodderize Darth Traya level opponents.

I wouldn't bet on that. As you are the guy that said Kun could beat NJO Luke -sure, why not?

Geistalt
When Khem Val gives Tulak Hord an accolade (or firsthand account of a feat), it's unreliable.

When Kun makes an accolade about himself (without adequate knowledge to back it up), it's indisputable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.