How many Supermen would it take to conquer the MU?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
By the MU i mean conquering the earth, Asgard, Olympus, the major space empires, taking down any possible threats from top tier villains like Thanos, etc.

By Supermen i mean DCnu Superman (before he was replaced) multiplied by however many.
They have no resources from DC, just themselves. They appear en masse on Pluto and go from there.

http://www.newsarama.com/images/i/000/165/825/i02/Jim_Lee_Superman.jpg

cdtm
A serious threar requires a serious answer:

1. Just 1.

Earth 2 could do it.

riv6672
That was a quick, if pointless response. Thanks! stick out tongue

carver9
Originally posted by riv6672
That was a quick, if pointless response. Thanks! stick out tongue

He's not to be taken serious.

ShadowFyre
Never be enough, things like Chaos and Order, The LT would destroy an infinite number of them

spetznaz
The same number it would take to destroy the DCU. On a macro level the two universes are the same.

CosmicComet
Just three. One for each of LT's heads.

Cogito
To conquer just the entities mentioned and assuming abstracts aren't involved?

Just one, if he's allowed to discreetly sit in a sun for thousands of years like Superman Prime 1M.

To answer for real though, I think if they can take down Asgard then they shouldn't have a problem with the likes of Olympus, Thanos, space empires, etc. I don't know the answer to that, when you get into the more esoteric powers like time stop and the like. Would be even worse if you used Pre-Flashpoint Superman who could arguably counter with esoteric abilities like singing out of existence.

If he were allowed to take each group on one at a time, and Asgard were the peak power (no abstracts, other entities stay home in their realms, etc) then I dunno...couple dozen maybe?

TheLordofMurder
By the MU i mean conquering the earth, Asgard, Olympus, the major space empires, taking down any possible threats from top tier villains like Thanos, etc.

By Supermen i mean DCnu Superman (before he was replaced) multiplied by however many.
They have no resources from DC, just themselves. They appear en masse on Pluto and go from there.

Franklin Richards and his amped Galactus-level power are on Earth...

I think you'd need billions of Superman at a minimum...

cdtm
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Never be enough, things like Chaos and Order, The LT would destroy an infinite number of them

Chaos and Order don't even have hands. How are they gonna block a punch to the face? smile

TethAdamTheRock
10 sundip and become prime 1 million

ShadowFyre
I forgot that Supeman has more powers than punching people in the face. Through years of training, he has learned to fly and punch people.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Just one. He will conquer it by being the best and the rest will follow him, unlike Sentry.

TethAdamTheRock
Cosmic Armor Superman

DarkSaint85
Remember, a Superman analogue managed to defeat Asgard's best warrior.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Remember, a Superman analogue managed to defeat Asgard's best warrior. Gladiator, Sentry, or Hyperion?

tkitna
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Just one. He will conquer it by being the best and the rest will follow him, unlike Sentry.

Lol, ironically Sentry would probably be the one to show up and kick Superman to the curb.

One? BZZZZZZ. Try again.

cdtm
Originally posted by tkitna
Lol, ironically Sentry would probably be the one to show up and kick Superman to the curb.

One? BZZZZZZ. Try again.

Sentry isn't fast enough. Or anything else enough.

A single Black Adam busted teams as easily as Voidtry. Superman can conquer all of DC Earth if he went evil, as stories like Red Son were designed to prove.

tkitna
Originally posted by cdtm
Sentry isn't fast enough. Or anything else enough.

A single Black Adam busted teams as easily as Voidtry. Superman can conquer all of DC Earth if he went evil, as stories like Red Son were designed to prove.

Do you have an inkling of a clue how powerful Sentry is right now?

I didnt think so.

cdtm
Do you have an inkling of a clue how powerful Sentry is right now?

I didnt think so.

As powerful as Zero Hour Parallax, who he survived an energy blast against? Or Emperor Joker, with 99% of the powers of a 5d imp? Or Dominus, who could warp reality and harm Kismet, DC's version of Eternity?

Superman's durable enough to take the released energies of the Source Wall without any protection at all. He could damage Darkseid with the Soulfire Formula enough to catch his attention. He could lift infinity, and eternity. He can keep refined bleed in his mouth, something the powerful Monitors claimed could not be botted, stored, or carried.

A well written Superman can beat just about anybody. It's no exaggeration to say he could challenge Owen, the Molecule Man, himself. stick out tongue

Like Morrison wrote, when talking about the impossible: "Superman can."

carver9
As powerful as Zero Hour Parallax, who he survived an energy blast against? Or Emperor Joker, with 99% of the powers of a 5d imp? Or Dominus, who could warp reality and harm Kismet, DC's version of Eternity?

Superman's durable enough to take the released energies of the Source Wall without any protection at all. He could damage Darkseid with the Soulfire Formula enough to catch his attention. He could lift infinity, and eternity. He can keep refined bleed in his mouth, something the powerful Monitors claimed could not be botted, stored, or carried.

A well written Superman can beat just about anybody. It's no exaggeration to say he could challenge Owen, the Molecule Man, himself. stick out tongue

confused confused

Cogito

All true but damn, when did you join the House of El? confused

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Cogito
All true but damn, when did you join the House of El? confused

THAT IS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN!!!!!

tkitna

At this point I would say yes.

Lol. A well written anybody can do just about the same. Its a large exaggeration because Superman has no powers to contradict what Owen can do to him. As for Owen though, a much lesser version of Sentry has already taken care of him.

And yet Superman would never beat Sentry at this point in time unless he had some outside help like the Cosmic Armor or something along those lines. Your giving Superman unlimited limitations and you shouldnt be.

cdtm

Lol. A well written anybody can do just about the same. Its a large exaggeration because Superman has no powers to contradict what Owen can do to him. As for Owen though, a much lesser version of Sentry has already taken care of him.

The JLA was torn apart against Emperor Joker. Darkseid, Ganthet, Zeus, and Phantom Stranger was rendered inert. As was Hal Jordan as Spectre. Superman was subject to many, many attempts to neuter him, and fought on.

Superman's consistantly been portrayed as >>> just about any character. He's survived/tanked forces at the skyfather level on up. It can't always be PIS.. He's not Spider-Man with a well defined limitation beating a herald. He's a high end character who has an ill defined upper end on account of a phobia of breaking someone.

And while EVERYONE holds back their potential, not as many have a "world of cardboard" syndrome, as he has. He's basically made for plot driven power fluctuations.

tkitna
The JLA was torn apart against Emperor Joker. Darkseid, Ganthet, Zeus, and Phantom Stranger was rendered inert. As was Hal Jordan as Spectre. Superman was subject to many, many attempts to neuter him, and fought on.

Superman's consistantly been portrayed as >>> just about any character. He's survived/tanked forces at the skyfather level on up. It can't always be PIS.. He's not Spider-Man with a well defined limitation beating a herald. He's a high end character who has an ill defined upper end on account of a phobia of breaking someone.

And while EVERYONE holds back their potential, not as many have a "world of cardboard" syndrome, as he has. He's basically made for plot driven power fluctuations.

Ok, let me put it into laymans terms for you, this Sentry is beyond physical harm. He simply cannot die (from anyway that we have seen so far). He was shown to be as strong or stronger than every earth bound hero combined and that was a combined collection amped by the Hulks gamma powers. He has no Void handicap at this point to hold him back. I'm just not seeing a superman or multiple supermen beating him. How could they? They can punch or whatever until their hearts desire and they would accomplish nothing. Sentry is beyond that.

So how do you propose Superman can beat him? You saying just because he's Superman isnt going to be enough here.

tkitna

Are you describing Superman or Sentry here as I cant tell the difference.

ShadowFyre
A well written Aunt May coukd beat anybody. Dumbest shit Ive ever heard. We are talking about comic book characters. You do realize this right?

LordofBrooklyn
A well written Aunt May coukd beat anybody. Dumbest shit Ive ever heard. We are talking about comic book characters. You do realize this right?

Your analogy makes no sense!

Superman is a character whose conscious and subconscious restraint play a pivotal factor in his level of power. A "Well written" version of The Man of Steel is a character that easily ranges from high herald to skyfather.

riv6672
-reads responses-

So, more than one.

golem370
Death kills any and all that would try.

tkitna
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

Blasphemy

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/23/78/69/2378690d8cd23e37f9f611808cb9d5ec.jpg

riv6672
^^^ laughing out loud

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

Superman is a character whose conscious and subconscious restraint play a pivotal factor in his level of power. A "Well written" version of The Man of Steel is a character that easily ranges from high herald to skyfather.

Let me break it down for ya. A comic book character can be written to have any power the writer wants any day of the week, in fact throughout comicbook history characters are given new powers or have them taken away without explanation. So my analogy is sound, its just not in bold red characters.

Diesldude
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Franklin Richards and his amped Galactus-level power are on Earth...

I think you'd need billions of Superman at a minimum...

Superman is Franklin's hero.

abhilegend

And yet Superman would never beat Sentry at this point in time unless he had some outside help like the Cosmic Armor or something along those lines. Your giving Superman unlimited limitations and you shouldnt be.
laughing out loud

Superman just cancels his existence like he did to Darkseid. There you go.

Diesldude

Good post. If they still have the House of El, you get my vote over the chihuahua from crooklyn.

Juntai

Like Morrison wrote, when talking about the impossible: "Superman can." rock

riv6672
Let me break it down for ya. A comic book character can be written to have any power the writer wants any day of the week, in fact throughout comicbook history characters are given new powers or have them taken away without explanation. So my analogy is sound, its just not in bold red characters.
Accurate (and hilarious).

tkitna
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Superman just cancels his existence like he did to Darkseid. There you go.

A BFR would be his only prayer and i'm not even sure that would work anymore.

ShadowFyre

Thank you, I am not sure why this concept is so hard to understand and why people think only Superman can be "well written". I sometines wonder if they understand the difference between a comic book and real life.

carver9
The words that are said here, will remember them in my next Hulk thread.

-Pr-
Thank you, I am not sure why this concept is so hard to understand and why people think only Superman can be "well written". I sometines wonder if they understand the difference between a comic book and real life.

As true as your initial post was, i'm not sure what relevance it has to the thread itself. Mind clarifying?

cdtm

Indeed.

I call it the Squirrel Girl defense.

He basically said "debate boards are stupid" while arguing on a debate board.

ShadowFyre
That is literally not even close to what I was getting at. Anyway, like PR said, irrelevant.

As for the thread, even if we call Superman the epitomy of High Herald or trans he is still limited to 3 basic attacks for the most part, punching, heat vision and flying punches. There is just to many characters that cant be beaten physically or have tp or whatnot that Supes has no answer for.

-Pr-
That is literally not even close to what I was getting at. Anyway, like PR said, irrelevant.

As for the thread, even if we call Superman the epitomy of High Herald or trans he is still limited to 3 basic attacks for the most part, punching, heat vision and flying punches. There is just to many characters that cant be beaten physically or have tp or whatnot that Supes has no answer for.

He has more than three attacks erm

ShadowFyre
I kniw, but thise are his 3 go to attacks. He has no answer for tp or matter manip or a host of otger things.

carver9

Some people can overcome versatility though. Superman might be just a pbycual character but I think he has proven himself amongst the ranks. The epitome of High Herald, I highly disagree with but he has proven to be one of the best of that tier. Versatility is great but when it's hard to take your opponent out, then it becomes pointless.

carver9
I kniw, but thise are his 3 go to attacks. He has no answer for tp or matter manip or a host of otger things.

You forgot freeze breath and Super speed.

riv6672
Originally posted by carver9
The words that are said here, will remember them in my next Hulk thread.
Thats the best way to do it.

Seriously though, no numbers? We talking an army? A planet?

cdtm
Thats the best way to do it.

Seriously though, no numbers? We talking an army? A planet?

I gave a number.

riv6672
You gave a pointless number and i thanked you.

cdtm
You gave a pointless number and i thanked you.

So someone did give you a number, then. Not no one. stick out tongue

riv6672
No one With anything pertinent to say. thumb up

cdtm
Ok, here's the way I see my scenario going.

Marvel Earth's biggest advantage is mages. Dr. Strange and such.

Telepaths are a little bit of a threat, but when your rogues gallery includes Milton Fine Brainiac, they're nothing he can't deal with.

Marvel Earth's biggest weakness is a lack of speedsters.

Using CBR logic and the highest end feats, and giving Superman the initiative and basic knowledge of everyone (And really, a single character vs the world should use nothing less, or this becomes a pointless exercise.), a high end speedster could alpha blitz most of Marvel Earth alone. Nano-second speeds and Supermans powers is THAT potent. Flash, Superman, Captain Marvel, Black Adam should defeat Thor, Herc, Hulk, Wonder Man, Beta Ray Bill, all at once and all EASILY. Like, Joe Casey Superman vs Imperiex Probe easy.

Speed is THAT effective. And while this logic never flies on most board battles, that's why I think one Supeman is all you need.

As for Odin on Asgard... Eh, Odin Sleep window. If he has initiative (Which he should, if he's invading..)

riv6672
Thank you for the fan fic.

cdtm
Thank you for the fan fic.

I hope you don't mean that about Superman beating Thor, Hulk, Wonder Man, ect..

Because he WOULD blitz the shit out of them. Seriously. KMC never accepts it, but that's how fast he is.

If you mean in a more general way, you didn't say abstracts. I'm going off your original post of Marvel Earth, Asgard, Olympus..

So Odin would be the biggest card there.

Sentry, somehow I have a hard time believing he'll be a regular defender of Earth. Why not bring up every one shot character ever, instead of a typical "Marvel Earth and the nine realms" scenario.

riv6672
Thank you for the fan fic follow up.

cdtm
Thank you for the fan fic follow up.

I'll make it simple:

Do you agree Superman blitz's Thor?

If we can't get past this basic fact of their speed difference, I'm not sure you're qualified to judge this thread.

SquallX

I don't think you know the Superman character enough. True he doesn't posses TP and MN, but he sure has a high resistance to them.

Unless a character is far above Clark, normal TP and MN won't work. Before you say Lord, remember it took Lord yrs to manipulate Clark.

Also, Emperor Joker? Bruce went crazy after Joker mind phucked him, Clark took those memories and he was just fine. Same happened with Dominus and countless others.

ShadowFyre
The reason he is calling it a fanfic is because all of the MU is gonna just stand in line and let Superman Blitz them.

Anybody that thinks one Superman can destroy the entire Marvel universe is just wanking Superman.

StiltmanFTW
I gave a number.

Iron Fist would've murdered over 9000 dcnu supermen even without the if tech and with both arms tied behind his back, you idiot.

Enjoy your excommunication from the Church of Rand.

tkitna

Sentry, somehow I have a hard time believing he'll be a regular defender of Earth. Why not bring up every one shot character ever, instead of a typical "Marvel Earth and the nine realms" scenario.

I thought this thread was about the entire Marvel Universe. Why are we just concentrating on Marvel Earth?

cdtm
Apologies for that last post. Having a bit of a rough day, so think I'll step out for a bit.

StiltmanFTW
No more Church of Rand = no more chi to heal your liver, cdtm. This is the end.

riv6672
I'll make it simple:

Do you agree Superman blitz's Thor?

If we can't get past this basic fact of their speed difference, I'm not sure you're qualified to judge this thread.
ShadowFyre sums it up well:
The reason he is calling it a fanfic is because all of the MU is gonna just stand in line and let Superman Blitz them.

Anybody that thinks one Superman can destroy the entire Marvel universe is just wanking Superman.

Apologies for that last post. Having a bit of a rough day, so think I'll step out for a bit.
No worries.
I've raised 3 kids, i'm used to temper tantrums.

ShadowFyre
I am pprety sure Carver agreed agreed that one Superman could win with freezebreath.

Im not saying this is prison and you have to stick to your own race in here but your probably gonna get shanked for that Carv. Just sayin.

Dareangel
Superman is weak to magic. when you got guys like odin and rune king thor, who probably can create a magic forcefield around earth that will weaken any amount of supermans that will set foot on earth, it will be hard for the superman team. hard.

golem370
Juggernaut, Magneto, & Graviton could beat him.

riv6672
^^^How MANY of him?

golem370
lol good point imo it would take billions

Dareangel
i dont know man... i dont know. as i said marvel universe has a lot of powerful magic users that can weaken plenty of supermans. if it wasnt for his magic weakness i would say probably 20.

DarkSaint85
They appear en masse on Pluto and go from there.

Interesting that you said Pluto.

DCnU Superman was as fast as cloaked teleportation (plus, he managed to search the entire Earth) from Pluto:

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111153356/3772649-superman.jpg
http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111153356/3772657-superman+2.jpg
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111153356/3772662-superman+3.jpg

Dareangel
not to mention matter manipulation. hell anyone with serious matter manipulation powers can turn the whole earth into a giant kryptonite. supermans will be roasted. dozens thousands it doesnt matter.

cdtm
ShadowFyre sums it up well:

And we're in disagreement. When you're at a speed level such that most characters are frozen in place, then yes, they'll have no choice but to "line up and stand there."

If you're as passive-aggressive with them as you are here, I can believe it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dareangel
not to mention matter manipulation. hell anyone with serious matter manipulation powers can turn the whole earth into a giant kryptonite. supermans will be roasted. dozens thousands it doesnt matter.

Won't work.

carver9
I am pprety sure Carver agreed agreed that one Superman could win with freezebreath.

Im not saying this is prison and you have to stick to your own race in here but your probably gonna get shanked for that Carv. Just sayin.

Nope. Never said this.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Nope. Never said this.

And so what if you did? When did SF become the side police?

tkitna
Originally posted by -Pr-
Won't work.

Why wouldnt it? Not arguing just curious why you think so.

-Pr-
Why wouldnt it? Not arguing just curious why you think so.

DC established that if you're going to make Kryptonite, it has to be the native Kryptonite of that universe. When they fought Superboy Prime, it wouldn't work on him because he was from an alternate universe.

Of course, if a Marvel guy could replicate that exact kind of kryptonite that would hurt Superman, then it would help, yes.

DarkSaint85
http://i.imgur.com/ImrTLmL.jpg

cdtm
DC established that if you're going to make Kryptonite, it has to be the native Kryptonite of that universe. When they fought Superboy Prime, it wouldn't work on him because he was from an alternate universe.

Of course, if a Marvel guy could replicate that exact kind of kryptonite that would hurt Superman, then it would help, yes.

Further, pocket universe Superboy's Kryptonite had no effect on post crisis Superman.

ShadowFyre
Doesent matter. Kryptonite wont be needed here. Yall are givi g Superman ssme unbeatable fallacy bullshit here. One Superman isnt winning this. Its just not happening.

-Pr-
Further, pocket universe Superboy's Kryptonite had no effect on post crisis Superman.

Which one was that?

Doesent matter. Kryptonite wont be needed here. Yall are givi g Superman ssme unbeatable fallacy bullshit here. One Superman isnt winning this. Its just not happening.

I didn't say one could do it.

cdtm
For what it's worth, Norrin Radd should stomp most characters he doesn't, too.

There's a reason Quicksilver beating Mr. X down with a pipe was a big deal in comic circles. Because it's a very, very rare example where speed isn't nerfed to hell, as happens with Flash and his entire rogues gallery..

cdtm
Which one was that?

PUS was Byrne's quick and dirty answer to Superboy inspiring the Legion in an era when Superman was never Superboy.

Abhi posted scans awhile back (And I own the issues, but can't access them at the moment), but basically Time Trapper took a snapshot of the prime universe, then pruned it (Wiped out all other life) and reshaped Earth until we got Pre Crisis Superboys world as it was before the Crisis. Complete with pre crisis power levels letting him travel through time under his own power, juggle planets, ect (And PC Superboys feats because "his" feats retroactively..)

Insert some time redirecting by so they visit "his" Earth, and Legion history was preserved. Until Five Years Later and Zero Hour, anyways.

Anyways, post crisis Superman meets him shortly before his final Legion story (where he dies), and they fight a bunch. Krypto the Superdog runs to get a container of all the pc Kryptonites ever, exposing himself to gold k in the process and becoming a normal dog. Superman manages to get the container, and Superman figures out he's being played by Superboy, grabs a rock and proves he was never in any danger. (As for why Superboy was willing to sacrifice himself, it was something about Trapper protecting his universe from the Crisis in exchange for some evil acts, and I guess he couldn't deal with it..)

-Pr-
PUS was Byrne's quick and dirty answer to Superboy inspiring the Legion in an era when Superman was never Superboy.

Abhi posted scans awhile back (And I own the issues, but can't access them at the moment), but basically Time Trapper took a snapshot of the prime universe, then pruned it (Wiped out all other life) and reshaped Earth until we got Pre Crisis Superboys world as it was before the Crisis. Complete with pre crisis power levels letting him travel through time under his own power, juggle planets, ect (And PC Superboys feats because "his" feats retroactively..)

Insert some time redirecting by so they visit "his" Earth, and Legion history was preserved. Until Five Years Later and Zero Hour, anyways.

Gotta be honest, most of that is a blur to me, but ill take your word for it.

cdtm
Gotta be honest, most of that is a blur to me, but ill take your word for it.

Honestly, it was a sad story. Very dark.

That universe is where Matrix Supergirl came from, and where Byrne had Superman kill for the first time. To execute the Phantom Zone criminals after they killed over 2 billion people and left Earth an airless wasteland.

-Pr-
Honestly, it was a sad story. Very dark.

That universe is where Matrix Supergirl came from, and where Byrne had Superman kill for the first time. To execute the Phantom Zone criminals after they killed over 2 billion people and left Earth an airless wasteland.

I do remember the killing of the other Kryptonians. I just don't remember a lot of the stuff surrounding it.

maxivitopowe
Everyone seems to be arguing PC Supes, or it looks like that to me.

I say it will take 80 supes per planet, then the various MU devils will **** him up

riv6672
If you're as passive-aggressive with them as you are here, I can believe it.
How about this?
My kids at least outgrew tantrums by age 10.
You're supposedly an adult and acted like a child on an MB crying over comics characters.
What a loser piece of shit you are. big grin

Interesting that you said Pluto.

DCnU Superman was as fast as cloaked teleportation (plus, he managed to search the entire Earth) from Pluto:

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111153356/3772649-superman.jpg
http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111153356/3772657-superman+2.jpg
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111153356/3772662-superman+3.jpg
Yeah, that was why Pluto.

-Pr-
Don't bash, guys, it isn't very nice.

riv6672
Wont happen again. thumb up

Dareangel
i still think top magic users can create a magical field around earth and effect any amount of supermans who will step foot on the planet. therefor even an army of supermans will be defeated. or someone can travel to DC universe, get a kryptonite, return to marvel and let hank pym or someone replicate it.

DarkSaint85
There is no more magic in the MU. Strange has been going around with the absolute bare bones, bottom of the barrel scrapings.

riv6672
For the sake of argument lets say no one is at at a detriment in the MU, this hard enough to call as it is.

DarkSaint85
Well, in the interests of fAirness, DCnU Superman is deadstick out tongue

I doubt MU would be able to mount a defence in time, tbh. The way he raced from Pluto, found his targets and stood there..

If he was serious and out to conquer (and tbh, why wouldn't he be, for the purposes of a battle thread), then just one could take out a fair few, especially the fodder street guys and glass cannons (Scarlet Witch). MU without any prep, shorn of their big brains (Dooms, Reeds, Tchallas) against a mass of Supes?

Double figures could do it. Before we start going into the big guns of Marvel.

riv6672
Exactly! stick out tongue

Dareangel
There is no more magic in the MU. Strange has been going around with the absolute bare bones, bottom of the barrel scrapings.

what about odin and rune king thor? brother voodoo? umar? loki? baron mordo? scarlet witch?dormammu? combined those magic weilders can destroy armies of superman

DarkSaint85
Mordo, Witch et al have no more power. The Empirikuul came and destroyed all magic. Voodoo, Magik etc. No power.

By the by, because obv it tips things unfairly.

But how do all these guys know? They don't just sit around, ready and waiting. They're all pretty much humans, with human level reactions and durability (until their spells are cast).

It's like playing online, except one side has massive lag, ans the other os a pro Korean.

Dareangel
Mordo, Witch et al have no more power. The Empirikuul came and destroyed all magic. Voodoo, Magik etc. No power.

By the by, because obv it tips things unfairly.

But how do all these guys know? They don't just sit around, ready and waiting. They're all pretty much humans, with human level reactions and durability (until their spells are cast).

It's like playing online, except one side has massive lag, ans the other os a pro Korean.

well i thought by forum rules they are ready to fight ring style and know about their opponent. anyway, someone like rune king thor with cosmic awarness can know and prepare everybody before the army even arrive.

DarkSaint85
Thor isn't the RunE King though....i mean, what kinda shape are you seeing Marvel???

Dareangel
Thor isn't the RunE King though....i mean, what kinda shape are you seeing Marvel???

even without rune king thor there are enough cosmic entities who got cosmic awarness and can inform and warn the universe to use magic and get kryptonite from DC universe. superman has too many weaknesses that will prevent even an army of him to conquer earth.

DarkSaint85
By the time they get warned, it would be too late.

The thread starts with Marvel U going about their usual business. No idea of what a Kryptonian even is.

Meanwhile, there are some Supermen on Pluto.

I've posted a scan of him racing pretty easily against teleportation from Pluto.

So when the match starts, he'd be on top of Marvel Earth at least, as if he had teleported there.

Dareangel
oh so those are the conditions. i see. well then they are not going to conquer marvel earth in a minute or even an hour. its firtly a question of how many supermans are there. secondly, lets say it enough to give marvel universe a fight for some time, during that time the cosmic awarness guy figure out whats going on, odin can freeze time and let the others get what ever they need. magic useres will be over the place in no time. again, superman is fast, but he is not blitzing marvel universe within a second, not him and not an army of supermans. time freezing stops them for all the time needed.

DarkSaint85
That's MY interpretation, which may not be the conditions. But OP didn't give any other conditions, so I'm going with mine for now.

Well, yes, it IS a question of how many Supermen there are. Hence the thread title, lol.

I reckon one for every 'glass cannon'( mainly magic users), who show up in the first second and punch them out. So nine or ten? Your Scarlet Witches, Brother Voodoos etc.

Another ten for all the street guys (Daredevil, Beast, Cyclops etc etc). Superman is blitzing here.

Look at how easily the Uncanny Avengers (including Voodoo, btw) were taken out by an evil Quicksilver, crisscrossing the US. And Supes is faster.

Dareangel
how would supermans know who to take out first? they arrive to earth right? what do they do? start chaos. destroying. then the heroes will come and fight them. then my scenario beings. cosmic awareness. time freezing. magic. DC universe kryptonite and all the things i said.

DarkSaint85
Look back at my scan.

Superman didn't just race teleportation from Pluto. It was CLOAKED teleportation.

IOW, he raced to Earth, and scanned the entire Earth to find the Outlaws. All in the time it took for them to teleport to Earth.

So if Superman flies to Earth, they can all scan Earth with their super senses.....and pinpoint the most powerful. And take them out (as seen in my scan, he was only after them to talk).

Dareangel
Look back at my scan.

Superman didn't just race teleportation from Pluto. It was CLOAKED teleportation.

IOW, he raced to Earth, and scanned the entire Earth to find the Outlaws. All in the time it took for them to teleport to Earth.

So if Superman flies to Earth, they can all scan Earth with their super senses.....and pinpoint the most powerful. And take them out (as seen in my scan, he was only after them to talk).

so you believe an army of supermans will just land on earth, and take out the heaviest hitters of marvel in a blitz before they can react? again, there are being on marvel earth with cosmic awarness that will predict and know about this comming. they can warn the entire marvel universe and get ready. odin stops time and supermans are getting slaughtered. secondly, even if we let the supermans blitz. do you honestly believe even if they land the first strike, they can take out the top guns of DC universe before they can react? from hulk and above. even if they will get surprised they will get into a fight. superman is not enough to just one shot guys like that.

Philosophía
It seems people have different approaches to the situation.

How would this playout in a comic if Superman had to conquer it?
How would this playout in a CBR-mode of Superman?
Is it a 'Black Adam in WWIII' type of scenario where Superman would have to engage everybody right away?
Is he allowed to plan?
etc.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Dareangel
so you believe an army of supermans will just land on earth, and take out the heaviest hitters of marvel in a blitz before they can react? again, there are being on marvel earth with cosmic awarness that will predict and know about this comming. they can warn the entire marvel universe and get ready. odin stops time and supermans are getting slaughtered. secondly, even if we let the supermans blitz. do you honestly believe even if they land the first strike, they can take out the top guns of DC universe before they can react? from hulk and above. even if they will get surprised they will get into a fight. superman is not enough to just one shot guys like that.

See the Quicksilver fight against the Uncanny Avengers.

He takes out Human Torch, Cable, Wasp, Brother Voodoo, Synapse etc.

And that was just one speedster, who is slower than Superman.

Where were the cosmic awareness guys when the Skrulls came to call? The Serpent? The Annihilation Wave?

Sure, Superman cannot one shot some of them. What if there were TWO Supermen, both punching Thor at the same time? Three? Four? Five? Some using HV at the same time? Etc etc.

riv6672
Yeah, i was curious, obviouslyon how everyone would approach it.

Scarlet315
Silver surfer turns the sun red

Dareangel
See the Quicksilver fight against the Uncanny Avengers.

He takes out Human Torch, Cable, Wasp, Brother Voodoo, Synapse etc.

And that was just one speedster, who is slower than Superman.

Where were the cosmic awareness guys when the Skrulls came to call? The Serpent? The Annihilation Wave?

Sure, Superman cannot one shot some of them. What if there were TWO Supermen, both punching Thor at the same time? Three? Four? Five? Some using HV at the same time? Etc etc.

if comics used those characters all the time we wouldnt have interesting things to read. just as the cases when there is some big threat and the only ones to take care of that are the x men for example. thats for story purposes. as i pointed out, if marvel universe is using all its characters the way they can be used, cosmic awarness, superman army is stopped the way i described.

if we put that aside and still talk about blitzing then once again, superman cant blitz someone like odin or skyfather level beings and above. do you honestly see superman just flying and blitzing odin? a top skyfather level being? his awarness wont allow that. and odin is just an example. and we get there to begin with, only if we assume there is a huge army of supermans, hundreds of supermans who fly to different locations in marvel such as earth, asgard, shiar empire atc atc. again, it would take hundreds of supermans to cover the plan you suggested and still i dont see them bypassing the awarness of skyfathers, not to mention elder gods who will simply be aware and destroy them. its not a fight an army of supermans can win. there is a limit to herald level being even if its an army of those. simple things like time freezing, matter manipulation, magic, dimension travel to get kryptonite, will all simply destroy an army of supermans. there are beings who will simply absorb all the solar energy from the supermans. as i pointed out, superman has too many weaknesses to exploit.

the Darkone
Marvel has Molecule Man, Legion, Asgardian Destroyer, Juggernaut, Eternals, Inhumans, Avengers, Xmen, Dr Strange, etc

There will be a lot of dead superman

DarkSaint85
Hence my post about the big guns.

Guys like Strange et al, though, are dead.

the Darkone

Marvel have more reality warpers, and some high end cosmic/mystical beings to contend with.

And a lot of artifacts

riv6672
Yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.