Justice League Dark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Has anyone seen this yet? Just saw it and I feel it's one of the best animated DC films ever(probably the best). Hell, one of the best animated comic films ever.

The guy who played Constantine in the tv show also voices him in the movie.

Flyattractor
Only going to watch it for Etrigan, who I am sure gets shafted character wise in this....so FUDGE this Movie!

Surtur
I liked his portrayal. I had no idea this was even coming out, I only knew about the live action one.

Flyattractor
There is gong to be a live action JLD?

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
There is gong to be a live action JLD?

Yes, called "Dark Universe" with Guillermo del Toro apparently producing.

Esau Cairn
Just watched it last night.

Bats was pretty pointless.

Constantine had no sense of humour or wit...too serious & angry.

Esau Cairn
Only going to watch it for Etrigan, who I am sure gets shafted character wise in this....so FUDGE this Movie!

Etrigan steals the show.
Hell he gets more action scenes than Batman.

Impediment
7/10.

Batman was only in the movie cuz Batman and felt really out of place.

Matt Ryan nailed it as Constantine and Dead Man was good, too.

Not enough Swamp Thing.

Overall enjoyable, but felt lacking.

Nibedicus
Yeah. Good but not great. A bit predictable and badly paced. Villain was meh. Batman was pretty much window dressing. Still pretty decent. 7/10.

Dreampanther
7/10 seems about fair. I didn't mind Bats in the team too much - I thought it fit his character that he would want to be there to make sure nobody screwed up. And that one scene where he scared the wraiths made me laugh.

Maybe not the best DC animated movie ever, but still much better than most of their live-action crap.

TheVaultDweller
I thought Constantine was good. I liked Zatanna and Etrigan as well. Deadman was about as annoying as I usually find him. I felt the film was maybe a bit too overstuffed for its run time though. I did laugh at them having to fight... let's call it Demon Number 2... in the one scene.

As others have said, I thought it was good, but nothing mind-blowing. I felt they could have benefited from a longer run time, to help with the pacing, as well as fleshing some things out a bit better. Still, it was much more enjoyable than what the live-action DCEU has given us so far. And, quite frankly, better than the animated stuff we get from Marvel. At least, IMO.

BruceSkywalker
to those that have seen this already, should I buy?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Well, I don't know what your quality marker for spending is, but I would say it's more worth buying than BvS, MoS or SS are. stick out tongue

juggerman

No, redbox that shit

I agree that Batman was out of place. I hate that they feel they need to cram him EVERYTHING in order to sell it.

Loved Etrigan

Mindset
It was meh

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Etrigan steals the show.
Hell he gets more action scenes than Batman.

Well then FUHHIN A!!!!

smile smile

Khazra Reborn
I liked it. Best once since Bruce Timm's departure that's for sure. But it's still nowhere near his best stuff.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I liked it. Best once since Bruce Timm's departure that's for sure. But it's still nowhere near his best stuff.

Ummmm, He wasn't involved with this movie.

Adam Grimes
Read again?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Read again?

I know what he said, He seems to think Bruce Timm was involved with this movie.

Flyattractor
As long as Damien aint in it....

Surtur
I still think it was the best of the DC animated films, but yeah I can understand some of the criticism. I'm just glad this team got a movie made about them.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Surtur
I still think it was the best of the DC animated films, but yeah I can understand some of the criticism. I'm just glad this team got a movie made about them.

Really? The best? Above the Red Hood?

Surtur
Originally posted by -Pr-
Really? The best? Above the Red Hood?

I'd forgotten about that one, yeah that movie was one of the best as well.

-Pr-
I'd forgotten about that one, yeah that movie was one of the best as well.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Dark. I thought Batman was silly but on the whole it wasn't a bad movie. Better than those Damian-centric ones anyway.

John Murdoch
Don't get me wrong, I liked Dark. I thought Batman was silly but on the whole it wasn't a bad movie. Better than those Damian-centric ones anyway.

If it's better than the Bat-family trilogy starring Damien Wayne, that's a huge step in the right direction.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, I don't know what your quality marker for spending is, but I would say it's more worth buying than BvS, MoS or SS are. stick out tongue

that bad????

Originally posted by juggerman
No, redbox that shit

I agree that Batman was out of place. I hate that they feel they need to cram him EVERYTHING in order to sell it.

Loved Etrigan

I can certainly use Redbox

Surtur
Yeah, unless you're a huge fan of these specific characters and this team then it's just worth a rental.

Flyattractor
I came close to buying a few of the DC Animovies but I learned my lesson with Killing Joke. They ALL get rented before even the thought of possibly buying it happens.

Surtur
What was up with Superman Doomsday? The movie wasn't horrible, but why'd they draw his face like this:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/animated-movies/superman_skyline.jpg

It was distracting.

Flyattractor
Its called CHARACTER!

Surtur
It looks like they used an etch-a-sketch to draw his mouth and the lines on his cheeks.

TheVaultDweller
that bad????

It's much better. I'd say buying that movie 3 times (and ending up with 2 redundant, useless copies in the process) is more worth it than spending money on the 3 DCEU movies. big grin

But, as others have said, unless you are a really big fan of the Justice League Dark characters, it's probably not worth buying. Worth renting to see though.

Esau Cairn
I thought Batman was silly but on the whole it wasn't a bad movie.

I loved Batman's response to Orchid, when she delved into his mind.

Orchid: "You have so much anger & sadness in your life...it's difficult to imagine how you find moments of happiness?"

Batman: "I have a butler."

Surtur

Orchid: "You have so much anger & sadness in your life...it's difficult to imagine how you find moments of happiness?"

Yes lol, a lot of decent humor in the film.

-Pr-
What was up with Superman Doomsday? The movie wasn't horrible, but why'd they draw his face like this:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/animated-movies/superman_skyline.jpg

It was distracting.

Art style or not, it was more than made up for by the best Superman fight outside of the comics (at the time at least, anyway).

Yeah some parts did get a chuckle. Just don't like it when they shoehorn in other characters that aren't usually on said teams.

carthage
Just saw it and it was kind of underwhelming. I have never cared for Constantine as a character, and his edgelord emo lines really irritated me. Etrigan was ok, the ending was far too reminiscent of Suicide Squad (tricking Destiny etc), and none of the other characters really stood out to me aside from Zatanna. Deadman was annoying as shit, the villain was generic, and nothing in the plot was really all that cool it was the typical Find X object to beat an OP villain. I thought the fight with Felix was cool, and Zatanna was the same warm and nice person with a ton of power that I remember from growing up. All and all definitely not one of the better films in the Direct to dvd roster

6/10

Surtur
Maybe I liked it more because I like magic characters.

Surtur
Art style or not, it was more than made up for by the best Superman fight outside of the comics (at the time at least, anyway).

When it comes to fights from animated stuff I also enjoyed Superman vs Darkseid from the movie with Supergirl where Supes fights Darkseid on his farm at the end, I thought it was cool how Supes goes all out and essentially seems to be become some huge whirlwind.

Oh there is also Superman vs Black Adam from a movie, plus Supes vs Captain Marvel from the JLU tv show.

-Pr-
When it comes to fights from animated stuff I also enjoyed Superman vs Darkseid from the movie with Supergirl where Supes fights Darkseid on his farm at the end, I thought it was cool how Supes goes all out and essentially seems to be become some huge whirlwind.

Oh there is also Superman vs Black Adam from a movie, plus Supes vs Captain Marvel from the JLU tv show.

I honestly don't like that fight (Darkseid), because it misses the point of the comic.

The JLU fight is the best one in that entire series imo.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's much better. I'd say buying that movie 3 times (and ending up with 2 redundant, useless copies in the process) is more worth it than spending money on the 3 DCEU movies. big grin

But, as others have said, unless you are a really big fan of the Justice League Dark characters, it's probably not worth buying. Worth renting to see though.

thanks Vault, I will rent this on friday or saturday to watch

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Kazenji
I know what he said, He seems to think Bruce Timm was involved with this movie.

No, it's he best one since Timm left WB IMO, but not as good as Timm's better efforts.

Kazenji
No, it's he best one since Timm left WB IMO, but not as good as Timm's better efforts.

Ah okay

its the way you wrote it.

Surtur
I honestly don't like that fight (Darkseid), because it misses the point of the comic.

Yeah, did you see the Superman vs Black Adam "movie" ? It's only like 25 minutes long.

Ridley_Prime
Was that the movie that also had different animated shorts like Green Arrow, Jonah Hex, and such? It was alright.

-Pr-
Yeah, did you see the Superman vs Black Adam "movie" ? It's only like 25 minutes long.

I wasn't a huge fan of that fight, but it was all right.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Was that the movie that also had different animated shorts like Green Arrow, Jonah Hex, and such? It was alright.

For a while each of the DC movies came with an animated short on the disc.

Kazenji

For a while each of the DC movies came with an animated short on the disc.

But there was a dvd that was put out with them all

DC Showcase Original Shorts Collection.

-Pr-

Ah, didn't know that. Smart by them though, they were pretty good for the most part.

Khazra Reborn

The Spectre short was awesome.

John Murdoch

Yep yep yep yep yep yep. When I watched Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, I expected it to follow pretty faithfully the Superman/Batman: Supergirl (Superman/Batman #8-13) run, but was very disappointed by the finale. In the comic, it's probably the best Superman vs unstoppable big bad fight ever bar Supes vs Doomsday.

Flyattractor
The Spectre short was awesome.

So was the Jonah Hex one. I recall being all...WHY WASN'T HIS MOVIE LIKE THIS?

Arachnid1
I saw it a few days ago. It was good. Not Flashpoint/Under the Red Hood good, but better than most of the animated JL movies and recent animated Batman movies

Flyattractor
Better then the Lego Batman Movie?

Arachnid1
Better then the Lego Batman Movie? I could never bring myself to watch the lego movies, but I hear they're great. No comment on those

I more mean movies like Batman vs Robin

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I could never bring myself to watch the lego movies, but I hear they're great. No comment on those

I more mean movies like Batman vs Robin

Yeah. All the Damien/Robin ones have been "eh it didn't totally SUCK" at best.

Flyattractor
Ok...Just watched this...I FUHKING hate Constantine. He is OFFICALY A POS Character. know wonder Him and Zatanna are the only ones that got any real exposure in this.

Liked Deadman...not enough of him. Swamp Thing got raped so we could get Dick & Kunt Action with Conny and Lady Z.

And they Made ETRIGAN A FUHING GOOD GUY!?

SCREW THAT SHIT!!!!!!

This Movie SUCKED!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.