Magik Vs Etrigan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f1/5f/66/f15f669ef2ab6d0706620d27905db813.jpg

No prep on either side.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/46/67/ec/4667ecb110e5918d37b85f4e825e01e7.jpg

zopzop
This is a close fight not because of stats but because of Magik's haxx sword.

IMHO, Etrigan is FAR superior to her in terms of : strength, speed, fighting ability, mobility (in combat terms not travel), and durability. In terms of spellcasting they are about even. BUT................that sword of hers puts the fear of God into beings Hell Lord level (even in their own realms). If she lands a good hit with it, he's dead. Otherwise Etrigan wins.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by zopzop
This is a close fight not because of stats but because of Magik's haxx sword.

IMHO, Etrigan is FAR superior to her in terms of : strength, speed, fighting ability, mobility (in combat terms not travel), and durability. In terms of spellcasting they are about even. BUT................that sword of hers puts the fear of God into beings Hell Lord level (even in their own realms). If she lands a good hit with it, he's dead. Otherwise Etrigan wins.

thumb up

leonidas
yep, that sword against magic is a b!tch. add in her spells and powers over things demonic? he is more powerful, at least on earth, but she's custom built to deal with his type of powers imo. if he gets his mitts on her she's dead, but between her blade and teleporting, not sure i see it happening very often....

Digi
Etrigan is like super consistent in every portrayal I've seen him in. Has he ever legitimately jobbed to someone?

spetznaz
A simple debate tactic I use is to ask myself what I would want less! To be character X facing off in a life or death against an all-out character Y, or character Y facing off against an all-out character X.

Leads to interesting conclusions, especially when it comes to characters that may appear to each have an edge on the other.

In this case, I would hate to go against an all-out Etrigan.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Digi
Etrigan is like super consistent in every portrayal I've seen him in. Has he ever legitimately jobbed to someone?

He's jobbed pretty terribly to Green Arrow, possibly Batman too, but I'm not positive on the latter.

abhilegend
Nah, he nearly killed Batman and Green Arrow too.

vansonbee
A scratch upon Etrigan from Magik haxx sword is enough to kill him, or she got to butcher his head off?

Digi
Originally posted by spetznaz
A simple debate tactic I use is to ask myself what I would want less! To be character X facing off in a life or death against an all-out character Y, or character Y facing off against an all-out character X.

Leads to interesting conclusions, especially when it comes to characters that may appear to each have an edge on the other.

In this case, I would hate to go against an all-out Etrigan.

This is actually a cool thought experiment that approaches battles from a unique perspective. Kudos!

And yeah, I'd agree about who I'd least want to face.

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
He's jobbed pretty terribly to Green Arrow, possibly Batman too, but I'm not positive on the latter.

I've never seen those issues then, apparently. Every time I see him he has a lot of mystique, then backs it up with solid-as-hell battle showings.

riv6672
Good shit, thanks folks.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by vansonbee
A scratch upon Etrigan from Magik haxx sword is enough to kill him, or she got to butcher his head off?
Pre Nu52 she would have to Butcher Him. HARD. Otherwize he would enjoy the pain .....and then tear her face off.

nwg202
Magik in limbo stomps

The sword has one shotted a juggernaut, dormy, the world eater, sym, etc..

On earth it would be more interesting, his only real avantage would be strenght. Shes no stranger to fighting super strong demons like sym who can break adamntium and can regen from nothing.he couldnt rip open her armor.

Magik has superior combat teleportation feats. He brawls and would probably try to tank the sword.All of his spells would negated. One stab of the sword cleansed an entire dimension of dark magic.

She drops a demon army on him cloaks and ports behind and takes him out with a slash to the back.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by nwg202
Magik in limbo stomps

On earth it would be more interesting, his only real avantage would be strenght. Shes no stranger to fighting super strong demons like sym who can break adamntium and can regen from nothing.he couldnt rip open her armor.

Magik has superior combat teleportation feats. He brawls and would probably try to tank the sword.All of his spells would negated. One stab of the sword cleansed an entire dimension of dark magic.

She drops a demon army on him cloaks and ports behind and takes him out with a slash to the back.

Yeah. The only way she could pull off a win would be to pull some kind of tricks&shits like that.

riv6672
Originally posted by nwg202
Magik in limbo stomps

I thought the power difference might be too much in Etrigan's favor but everyone seems to agree Magik's versatility is a difference maker.

nwg202
Originally posted by riv6672
I thought the power difference might be too much in Etrigan's favor but everyone seems to agree Magik's versatility is a difference maker.

Honestly, people underestimate Magik's hax a lot.

She could just turn intangible and invisible summon this guy on top of a ton of other demons and just watch them go to town on her opponent.

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/108342/5166064-screen+shot+2016-04-20+at+10.42.50+pm.png

http://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/5017011-screen+shot+2016-01-24+at+12.15.32+pm.png

http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4043884-3538128dbfe22fd703531ef6765faaf2.jpg

Her demons have displayed a ton powers over the years.

She can basically function like Jackie (darkness), Larfleez, Mirror Master, etc....

riv6672
^^^thanks fir all that.

This is a nice observation:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.