How many minutes into sw3 before Anakin finds out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IGOTMYBEAT
How many minutes into Episode III before Anakin finds out Emperor Palpatine is a Sith?

I'm guessing not until the last half hour. Just before Anakin and Obi-Wan have their fateful duel.

The Way I See It:

By Episode III Anakin is Emperor Palpatine's personal bodyguard/assistant. Anakin does a lot of the things for the Emperor that Darth Vader did, *willing* troops to work harder, catching spies, fighting for the Republic.

Remember, from Anakin's perspective he's doing the right thing. Infact at this point he's doing what all the other Jedi are doing, defending the Republic.

He's defending the Republic from the Seperatist forces. So when he's ordered to catch spies or go after the enemy, he does it, it's his job, as a Jedi.

But he also gets to know how it feels to be in charge. Like Darth Vader, when he goes someplace, a ship, a base, whereever, he's in charge. He's basically speaking for the Emperor, and he gets to boss people around. He gets accustomed to being in charge, and people cowering in his precence.

Anakin is working closely with the Emperor. Anakin probably admires the way the Emperor is so efficient (some might see it as ruthless) in trying to defeat the Seperatists.

It's wartime, so he doesn't see Padme very much. He's working so closely with the Emperor, and going off to different places to do the Emperor's bidding that he hardly sees Obi-Wan or the other Jedi. He's become extremely loyal to the Emperor.

Now...at some point the Jedi catch on. They realize they're fighting on the wrong side. The Jedi probably attack Kamino, where the Clonetroopers are being manufactured. (Could explain why Stormtroopers are so crappy...had to be done someplace else, with a different template)

Anakin can't understand why the Jedi are betraying the Empire. The Empire is only defending itself against those that wish to destroy it. He begins to see the Jedi as traitors.

Anakin some way or another finds out Palpatine is a Sith. Anakin begins to question himself. He thinks about joining the Jedi in their attempt to overthrow the Emperor.

But then Padme dies. Or Anakin *thinks* she dies. Anakin blames Obi-Wan and the Jedi for her death. But when Obi-Wan and Anakin fight, and Anakin is close to death it is the Emperor who saves him. And that, along with not having anyone left to care about, cements his loyalty to the Emperor and the darkside.

Ofcourse, years later, when he finds out he *does* have family left i.e. someone to care about. He begins to turn back.

So um...1 hour 20 minutes into it.

JediOasis
Well, I think Anakin will find out earliar in the movie than the last half hour. I would imagine he finds out rather early in the movie, as Palpatine tries to lure him to the darkside. I think Anakin will resist at first but after something major happens(Padme's death) Palpatine will turn him. I kinda hope that someone will find out that Palpatine=Sidious in Episode II. Maybe the end could be Obi-Wan or Mace or even Anakin will uncover the mystery of the Sith. Maybe Anakin somehow finds out but doesn't say anything out of fear.

Dim
How do we not know that Anakin doesn't fine out in EP2?

Ratcat
I think this could actually end up being the Episode-II cliffhanger.

They discover his true identity and form a council of crisis to decide what to do about it.

JediOasis
Maybe the end will be Anakin finding out because Palpatine reveals himself to be Darth Sidious.

DarthBorgie
do u really think palpatine would just "reveal" himself. If he did do that, it seems like a situation where he would be attacking something, and then he would reveal himself. Does that sound right? I just don't know who'd he be attacking. The jedi can't be a possibility, we still need the clone wars. Hmmm, then what...

krautrocker
igotmymeat , i think you just described the plot for episode 2 or 3, it depends when anakin turns , but that chain of events is what i believe will happen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.