The Palpatine Supremacy Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger

Beniboybling
This is what respect threads are for. smile

Nice job anyway.

Geistalt
That one there is one of my personal favorites.

Azronger
Originally posted by Beniboybling
This is what respect threads are for. smile

Nice job anyway.

Nova is lazy and hasn't included them all in his threads. So I decided to post them here.

And thanks smile

Nephthys
Valkorion is still > though.

Azronger
^ Someone's in denial laughing out loud

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Nephthys
At least you are funny.

Nephthys
It's my one redeeming quality as a human being.

Well, that and choosing Control in ME3.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Ursumeles
At least you are funny.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Azronger
^ Someone's in denial laughing out loud Even Hall Hood disagrees, sad.

hutchy1345
The problem is valkorion isn't a sith

So most of those quotes don't include him

Am I right?

Azronger
Originally posted by hutchy1345
The problem is valkorion isn't a sith

So most of those quotes don't include him

Am I right?

Yes, he is. And you do realize this thread includes other quotes that proclaim him the most powerful dark side wielder in general, do you?

darthbane77
Originally posted by Nephthys

darthbane77
Nihilus still beats him via

Ursumeles
DB77's Revan > Luke > Sidious > Valkorion.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Ursumeles
DB77's Revan > Luke > Sidious > Valkorion. thumb up

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by hutchy1345
The problem is valkorion isn't a sith.

Nah, he isn't.

a number of the quotes speak of dark side users in general, however - so those would still apply.

The_Tempest
Besides two or three holdouts, I don't think anyone actually questions Sidious's supremacy. Even the ringleader of the SWTOR circus only thinks Valk is equal to Sheev in terms of power.

Which is an indictment at best when you consider the disproportionate amount of time and ritual and fodder Valk had at his disposal to augment his power.

AncientPower
Yeh, not as if Sidious had thirty generations of Sith building towards his rise, or that he had a trove of Sith knowledge laid at his feet, or that his master had hand held him into a position where he had a major imbalance of the Force working for him. Or that he had been put into a place where he wouldn't even need to kill the Jedi by himself. Almost as if his success is built upon the exact opportune moment the Bane line had waited for since its inception.

Almost as if Valkorion had three major organisations of Force users to compete with and still nearly wiped out all life in the galaxy, essentially all on his own merit. Imbalancing the Force is so 2012, devouring the Force to become a God. Now that's some serious ambition and he almost got away with it.

Deronn_solo
I accept that Valkorion is surpassed by Sidious in the end, but by what point and margin is something I often ponder.

The_Tempest
#stilltriggered

Yikes..

Beniboybling
Originally posted by AncientPower
Imbalancing the Force is so 2012, devouring the Force to become a God. Now that's some serious ambition and he almost got away with it. lmfao

AncientPower
He was a single catastrophe away from starting the ritual, as Hall Hood confirmed he only needed a single one of his events for the ritual to start.

Unlike Sidious and Plagueis, who had each other and months of intense meditation with complete secrecy working for them.

I love how much you kids need to lowball the Dark Ritual when you know it's basically the closest anybody ever got to galaxy busting in Star Wars.

Beniboybling
plz stop.

AncientPower
Vitiate + A Ritual + Millions of deaths = Every sun, every planet, all life in the galaxy and the Force itself all die.

Plagueis + Sidious + Months of intense meditation = A cosmic shift in the balance of the Force

Not very comparable at all.

Beniboybling
Yeah, the second feat is quite a bit better. thumb up

My favourite one tho is when Sids caused an imbalance in the Force with the sheer power of his presence alone. Twice. smile

AncientPower
Rofl, you're actually delusional.

So a little over Malak + his Empire, then?

Beniboybling
Better than Valkorion was what I was getting at actually. Mmm.

AncientPower
Well pre-Ziost Vitiate is far more powerful than SOR Revan who is himself far more powerful than a doubly amped Darth Malak and his fodder Sith. Who was causing the Dark Side of the Force to blind the senses of the Jedi Order even from the mass deaths of the entire Jedi Enclave.

I'm not impressed, in other words.

Geistalt
Talk about mental gymnastics.

The_Tempest
>AP conveniently leaving out the thousands of Sith Lords Vitiate absorbed to vastly increase his abilities as a Force practitioner and the thousand plus years of study he had to dedicate to his efforts.
>Despite that, even the lead writer's admittedly worthless opinion only has them as equals in raw power.

AP, which is bigger: months or centuries? mmm

Perhaps we should refrain from arithmetic til you've calmed down?

AncientPower
Yes, he manipulated 8,000 Sith Lords into transforming him into the recipient of the power of the largest nexus of dark side energy the galaxy would ever see, with planet killing effects. Sorcery being stated by a whole line of Banite Sith to be the epitome of Dark Side power, including Sidious himself.

Calmed down? Is being disappointed by your shit Sidious wank supposed to upset me or something? laughing out loud

Skillz made a far better point for Sidious than any of your brigade has made in living memory.

The_Tempest
lol

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ct2fBe0rc69nq/giphy.gif

AP, the universal lack of respect you endure notwithstanding, no one here wishes you ill: please calm down before you suffer some sort of cardiovascular catastrophe.

AncientPower
I think NewGuy, Ant, Skillz and a few othrrs are more than enough for me, thank you.

On the other hand, I lost my respect for your brigade due to the complete lack of effort. As I said Skillz has just made far greater points that I can get behind.

The_Tempest
I think NewGuy, Ant, Skillz and a few othrrs are more than enough for me, thank you.

I'm not sure any of them, with the possible exception of Ant, actually respects you or your opinions. They routinely mock you for your flagrant dishonesty.

On the other hand, I lost my respect for your brigade due to the complete lack of effort. As I said Skillz has just made far greater points that I can get behind.

You want me to apologize for being right effortlessly? erm

DarthAnt66
Haven't shaded AP in years, tbh. Same for Skillz, that I can recall.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Haven't shaded AP in years, tbh.

I did note you'd be the exception.

Same for Skillz, that I can recall.

He said quite recently he disrespects AP for her dishonesty.

AncientPower
Your ad hominem notwithstanding, I hold you entirely to blame for the lethargy this forum has suffered due to your status quoing and the complete lowballing of entire eras to build your little altar.

Rockydonovang
What is it with kmc and crap escalating so quickly

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hello everyone. smile

I don't disrespect/belittle AP's stances/arguments, just didn't like the whole Kulvax ordeal when I first started posting on SWTOR forums.

The_Tempest
Your ad hominem notwithstanding, I hold you entirely to blame for the lethargy this forum has suffered due to your status quoing and the complete lowballing of entire eras to build your little altar.

Oh lort. Chill lol. Some truths have moved beyond the need to revisit them every 5 minutes. Scientists don't waste their energy these days asserting the Earth is round or the sky is blue. Sheev is supreme. #teamswtor has had 5+ years and couldn't get the job done. You're gonna need a hell of a lot more than a volley of loaded questions and non-committal Tweets to warrant that kind of attention from me.

Fated Xtasy
Watching the battle between Sheevites and Vitidiots is amusing.

All hail the ones tbh.

Although watching Temp come out of his hermit cave amidst the rise of the Vitidiots is lovely

DarthAnt66
Rumor has it, Temp is so attuned with Sheev that he can hear the clicks of "P-a-l-p-a-t-i-n-e" on keyboards across the world.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
What is it with kmc and crap escalating so quickly

people take simple drawings on paper too serious, lmao.

The_Tempest
Rumor has it, Temp is so attuned with Sheev that he can hear the clicks of "P-a-l-p-a-t-i-n-e" on keyboards across the world.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/5bf0fee79a032283d69ec1977bc16b82/tumblr_mwr4s5kOvM1s1v5c0o1_500.gif

S_W_LeGenD
Oh dear.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing

Beniboybling
Well pre-Ziost Vitiate is far more powerful than SOR Revan who is himself far more powerful than a doubly amped Darth Malak and his fodder Sith. Who was causing the Dark Side of the Force to blind the senses of the Jedi Order even from the mass deaths of the entire Jedi Enclave.

I'm not impressed, in other words. Did he unbalance the Force tho?

Freedon Nadd
Palpatine as a character sucks nowadays due to fans and his illusional DBZ status.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Did he unbalance the Force tho?
The Force is always unbalanced throughout history, Uncle Ben. James was the first to mention this information in the Darth Plagueis novel.

Azronger
I'd like to make an addendum to this thread. Here is another quote declaring Sidious to be the strongest Sith Lord of all:

Finally - the Emperor - who should be fighting to save the Republic - is revealed as the most powerful and menacing Sith of all!

--The Sith (Revenge of the Sith Collection)

I'd also like to add another section entirely:

Palpatine is the living embodiment of the dark side of the Force:

--Darth Plagueis

--Darth Plagueis

--Darth Plagueis

--Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy

--Revenge of the Sith novelization

--Revenge of the Sith

--Revenge of the Sith

--Dark Empire endnotes

--Aliens in the Empire, Part II

Beniboybling
But is he the Void of Annihilation?

UCanShootMyNova
Az, do you know of any of these quotes that were reprinted AFTER Vitiate's introduction to the continuity?

NewGuy01
Any of the ones from Plagueis.

Zenwolf
Huh, I could have sworn Plagueis was released earlier than 2012...that's interesting..

Azronger
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Az, do you know of any of these quotes that were reprinted AFTER Vitiate's introduction to the continuity?

I do. You can check the dates yourself, though, and I have more in my Super Respect Thread

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Huh, I could have sworn Plagueis was released earlier than 2012...that's interesting..

Even if it wasn't, Vitiate is mentioned in the book, so the dating is something of a moot point.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Even if it wasn't, Vitiate is mentioned in the book, so the dating is something of a moot point.

I know, I just thought it had been released earlier is all.

Rebel95
Ya'll get so heated over the Sheev/Valk debate laughing out loud

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Azronger
I do. You can check the dates yourself, though, and I have more in my Super Respect Thread

Eh. Not going to put that much effort into it. Was just going to convince somebody who doesn't believe quotes like that were valid after Vitiate was introduced.

NewGuy01
>googling takes too much effort

Azronger
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.