Dooku throwing 215 m cruisers - not possible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger
-The Dark Side Sourcebook

As hard a pill as it is for us Tyranists to swallow, there was only one 215 m Sith Battleship after the Great Hyperspace War, and that one went boom during the Great Sith War. This is the reality we simply must accept.

Beniboybling
Old news.

SunRazer
Fair. But the feat has never required 215m to be impressive (that would honestly be well above Vader's level).

But we can use this thread to estimate how big we do think it is and reach a consensus if possible. So any takers? I'm guessing 75m will be the average.

Azronger
@Beni - Apparently not if people still accept it as a possibility.

Azronger
Originally posted by SunRazer
Fair. But the feat has never required 215m to be impressive (that would honestly be well above Vader's level).

But we can use this thread to estimate how big we do think it is and reach a consensus if possible. So any takers? I'm guessing 75m will be the average.

Yeah, 75 m seems to be a fair estimate.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Azronger
@Beni - Apparently not if people still accept it as a possibility. Losurs who failed to heed my wisdom aren't my concern. sad

SunRazer
Beni's analysis in that link above concluded that it was the 75m ships anyway.

Azronger
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Losurs who failed to heed my wisdom aren't my concern. sad

Or maybe they simply didn't bother to search for a single post deep in a multi-page thread that was lost in the ocean of KMC?

Maybe a thread exclusively about this topic is better smile

Deronn_solo
who cares?

People with common sense knew a failure like Dooku wasn't capable of tossing large sized cruisers.

Azronger
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
who cares?

People with common sense knew a failure like Dooku wasn't capable of tossing large sized cruisers.

Go die in a hole

SunRazer
Don't worry. He's just salty that his model for success got pinned to a wall by Kenth Hamner and got stomped by a Vong slayer. smile

Azronger
And that Tenebrous makes a pie out of his precious Sith Emperor's corpse that he so spectacularly failed to defend smile

Beniboybling
this is turning into an quality thread. smile

Kurk
who cares?

People with common sense knew a failure like Dooku wasn't capable of tossing large sized cruisers. Because Deronn_Solo is the pinnacle of success that every ambitious individual aspires to be smile

Geistalt
Go die in a hole No; u.

Go die with Dooku, Arcann, Asajj, and all the other failures.

TenebrousWay
To be honest, I'd say it can be anything from 60-120m most likely.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Kurk
Because Deronn_Solo is the pinnacle of success that every ambitious individual aspires to be smile

my life goals are to stay cute, get money, and get bitches.

I have 2 of those things checked off my list thus far, so I'd say I'm quite the success.

Azronger
Originally posted by Geistalt
No; u.

Go die with Dooku, Arcann, Asajj, and all the other failures.

What did I ever do to you? sad

Kurk
my life goals are to stay cute, get money, and get bitches.

I have 2 of those things checked off my list thus far, so I'd say I'm quite the success. Dooku has 2 of those things too smile . Lol at your double standards
http://i68.tinypic.com/295ps2s.jpg

Rockydonovang
WINDU>DOOKU LIVES

(playing they're equals)

Rockydonovang
How the heck do you take spoiler tags?

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Kurk
Dooku has 2 of those things too smile.

But failed utterly at reaching his legit goal, thus being a failure. sad

He got used like an piece of tissue, and died on his knees after realizing his master saw him as nothing more than a action-figure.

I'm alive, and pretty. There is legit no comparison.

Kurk

He got used like an piece of tissue, and died on his knees after realizing his master saw him as nothing more than a action-figure.

I'm alive, and pretty. There is legit no comparison. The real question is, will you be alive and pretty at the age of 83? smile

S_W_LeGenD
Count Dooku did not lift any Starship. He pushed them towards the position of Jedi, one at a time.

Also, we don't have any clue about size of those Starships. They could be TIE fighter types.

SunRazer
TIE fighters aren't cruisers. And yeah, we do have a hint of how big they are:

"Clearly not very big?" Is that why Obi-Wan and Anakin had to leap, twist and dive in order to avoid huge pieces of shrapnel from falling on top of them?

Not to mention when Dooku smashes several vehicles/vehicle remnants together to block the hangar entrance, it's described as a "mountain of metal". Which he also moved "so easily".

On the first page, Beni's already given a link to a strong case for why it's the 75m ship.

Trocity
Legend just desperate to lowball PT feats.

If the ships are 75 meters, that's really impressive. That's the length of one and a half football fields.

S_W_LeGenD
TIE fighters aren't cruisers. And yeah, we do have a hint of how big they are:
The first one, pushed towards the direction of Jedi, was a cruiser. Not necessarily each of them.

Anyways, they were already wrecked pieces of metal with parts scattered around for repairs and such. So pushing one of them is not the same as pushing a fully assembled, fresh and functioning Starship of similar size; expect significant difference in weight here. And Count Dooku pushed them one at a time. The setting was also strong in the Dark Side, contributing to Dooku's already formidable Force abilities.

On the whole, the showing is impressive since Dooku managed to push several Starships towards the direction of Jedi, even if one at a time. However, keeping in mind the setting, condition of those Starships and Dooku's strength in the Force in general - this showing is not extraordinary for him or his best.

And, a number of Starships (or what was left of them) crashed into each other, they collectively formed a 'mountain of metal'. Statements like these are not to be taken in literal sense but to get an idea of what was happening.

On the first page, Beni's already given a link to a strong case for why it's the 75m ship.
It is good but Beni is also overreaching in it. He is assuming that all of the Starships there were of same class or model which is unsupported.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Trocity
Legend just desperate to lowball PT feats.

If the ships are 75 meters, that's really impressive. That's the length of one and a half football fields.
No, I don't have any issue with the feat due to being era-specific. I have an issue with blowing it out of proportion.

And those weren't fully assembled, fresh and functioning Starships. I would expect significant difference in weight.

SunRazer

Azronger

I'm alive, and pretty. There is legit no comparison.

The only reason he failed was because aimed a lot higher in life then you. He already had all the three things that you want to consider yourself successful, but he wasn't satisfied with being a commoner, like you.

You have no ambition, which in itself makes you a failure. I bet you would get killed in the first day of your apprenticeship to Sidious, or more likely, Sidious wouldn't even consider you apprentice material. That's how much more of a failure you are compared to the Great Count Dooku smile

Deronn_solo
Dooku isn't cute, lmao. Plus, he was born rich, not like he actually had to work for it or anything like that.

Also, a smart person doesn't set nigh impossible goals, or vastly overrate their abilities and importance like Dooku did.

Tyranus was doomed to fail because if his flawed character and narcissistic ways. You're not gonna get brownie points for shooting for the stars when you can't even fly a kite. smile

Beniboybling
There is no chance in hell we are dealing with TIE fighter size ships here lmao, or shuttles, or fighters, or anything that falls under the realm of "small."

Let's try paying attention to the text very carefully now:
There is no speculation to be had as to which objects are moving here, it is not the broken debris on the floor of the hangar, rather it is the intact vehicles described as giant phantoms. FYI: Nothing small can be classed as giant, maddeningly, this has to be spelt out.
Again it's the aforementioned vehicles that are moving here. The giant phantoms.
Now the author moves to describe "a cruiser", and in that respect we can't be sure it's one the aforementioned vehicles. Nonetheless it's size will quickly become apparent, for now pay attention to the fact it passed over them i.e. it was levitating, not simply being pushed.
Now we have the cruiser that just passed over them to hit the wall, smashing into pieces that rain down on them. Note that this isn't Dooku barraging them with some missles, they are falling from above - it's clearly the vehicle that was just destroyed.

More importantly? These pieces hit the ground with deafening crashes. Deafening is extremely loud by the way, which would only be the case if these pieces were large, and therefore part of a giant ship, not a tinny fighter. Moreover, these pieces are so large that Anakin and Obi-Wan have to leap and dive to avoid them, even resorting to Force deflection in some cases. Making it very clear that these pieces are both sizeable and numerous. Again, impossible to be the fallout of anything short of colossal.
Pay attention to what is happening here, "mountain of metal" is not just some liberal use of hyperbole, Dooku literally constructs a mass of metal large enough to fill the width and depth of the hangar in a way that blocked them in. Hint: this hangar is previously described as vast, vast enough to leave Anakin speechless, who has seen plenty of big hangars, Ferus says it could field an army, and it's also large enough to accommodate "gigantic" statues lining the length of it. Later Anakin climbs one of these statues, climbs because it's too big for him to leap atop of, and even when up the top of it, he still cannot see the ceiling.

So yes, we are dealing with a mountain in a much more literal sense, not the kind of you're going to make with anything remotely small, but g-i-a-n-t ships. thumb up

A final FYI: The fact that the planet is described as strong in the Force by the Jedi, but feeble 1,000 years prior by Bane is a discrepancy that can easily be explained by the different perspectives. The Jedi are unaccustomed to the dark side, so even a whiff of it might seem overpowering, the reality being that to an actual practitioner, the amp to be had off of Korriban was factually negligible by this point.

SunRazer
@Beni - Great post. And the nexus has only diminished since Bane's time per BoS.

Also, it's not one ship moving at a time as Legend claims. Obi-Wan clearly says he could've sworn he saw them all moving at once. Dooku was animating them all slowly, but was only manipulating each one drastically on an individual basis.

Azronger
Dooku isn't cute, lmao.

He is handsome, though. No homo.

Working for it wasn't part of you're criteria. Stop changing the goalpost. You're already getting desprate smile

Says the guy who puts himself on a pedestal of Star Wars debating, makes fun of other people's opinions, boasts about spanking everyone in debates, and then makes a mediocre opener and fails to respond to any debates he participates in. Kettle calling the pot black, I'd say smile

Flawed character and narcissistic ways, kinda like you smile

And at least he tried, which makes him a better being than you. Failing at being at the top of the food chain but still trying his hardest > succeeding at being a nobody smile

Beniboybling
Stop spamming this thread with crap i.e. get a room. smile

Beniboybling
@Beni - Great post. And the nexus has only diminished since Bane's time per BoS.

Also, it's not one ship moving at a time as Legend claims. Obi-Wan clearly says he could've sworn he saw them all moving at once. Dooku was animating them all slowly, but was only manipulating each one drastically on an individual basis. Yeah, that's what appeared to happen.

Azronger
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Stop spamming this thread with crap i.e. get a room. smile

I can do what I want this is my thread uhuh

And besides, he's the one that's posting crap while I'm here trying to defend the Count's honor. Direct your anger at him.

Deronn_solo
I don't find senior citizens attractive, sorry.

No, because it can't be counted as a goal or accomplishment if you never really made it one to begin with, and you did nothing to achieve it.

You're stuck about 2 years in the past with this, yes. I been stopped being that way back in 2015. But overall, I factually reiterating what others think of my skills , and the survey says, I'm damn good.

Time is precious, , and my presence is a present, so sorry if I don't put more effort into this stuff and gift you all by responding, but I have pressing RL matters to attend to. thumb up

Not really.

1. Getting money doesn't make me a commoner, lmao.

In fact, it makes me the opposite. laughing out loud

2. It takes a man to be pragmatic and know his limitations - but a fool under an illusion of grandiose, if just that, a fool.

Beniboybling
I can do what I want this is my thread uhuh

And besides, he's the one that's posting crap while I'm here trying to defend the Count's honor. Direct your anger at him. OK, distract from the Dooku wank with ur bickering, fine by me. smile

Kurk
Deronn_solo as a senior citizen:
https://a4-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/139/14aedaf7b81c40cf98d3f52537e793db/full.jpg

VS

http://68.media.tumblr.com/22d52d642f4f07a6eefe8a319a215ca7/tumblr_inline_nuyyq38nBM1sjf2gc_1280.jpg

or

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/d9/Valkorion.png

Deronn_solo
lal@ implying I'd be a white bald guy.

I'm 21, borderline 22, and most people think I look 16 - I age fabulously.

Kurk
lal@ implying I'd be a white bald guy.

I'm 21, borderline 22, and most people think I look 16 - I age fabulously.
do you use that asset to bang underage chicks?
https://yt3.ggpht.com/-i9P9mtjp2og/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/zVyB1iFPnHY/s900-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg

TenebrousWay
Dooku throws cruisers. Vader throws Dooku on the cruisers. smile

Ursumeles
Yeah, Deronn will die before his 25th Birthday smile

MythLord
Deronn has aids, tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.