Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Pretty cool teaser image released...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6bBzZjWcAAlc9Z.jpg

Hi-Resolution

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3427550/dinosaurs-display-first-official-jurassic-world-2-image/

TethAdamTheRock
Cool thumb up

Impediment
Yawn.

Robtard
Somewhat agreed, Imp.

While I liked that last flick overall, they're running these stories dry. What else can happened besides shit going wrong with dinos, humans getting killed and the hero saving the day for himself/his people.

Maybe they'll do the idea they had years ago, human DNA mixed with dino and then shit goes wrong, people die and the hero has to save the day.

Khazra Reborn
First one was shit, I turned it off when Pratt jumped in a Velociraptor cage and was making like he was some kind of Dino whisperer.

Those are 300 lb lizards that have brains the size of a pea, they would have eaten him without pause.

Robtard
TBF, those velociraptors where fictional. Real V-raptors where closer to the size of chickens and not lizards.

Firefly218
First one was dinosaur shit. It's sad how Jurassic World makes boatloads of money as a mediocre film, and then its mediocre director gets to direct Star Wars episode 9. Colin Trevorrow doesn't deserve Star Wars, give it to someone with talent.

ares834
Originally posted by Robtard
TBF, those velociraptors where fictional. Real V-raptors where closer to the size of chickens and not lizards.

Plus they are just animals, intelligent ones as well. It makes sense they could be trained.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by ares834
Plus they are just animals, intelligent ones as well. It makes sense they could be trained.

They were doing a lot of genetic engineering in the facility, too. It seems they could engineer them to be more trainable.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
First one was shit, I turned it off when Pratt jumped in a Velociraptor cage and was making like he was some kind of Dino whisperer.

Those are 300 lb lizards that have brains the size of a pea, they would have eaten him without pause. Velociraptors have consistently been portrayed as being highly intelligent animals since the first movie (well, semi-consistently, that is the idea behind them anyway). Highly intelligent animals can be trained by more intelligent humans. Sure, this doesn't hold up scientifically these days, but study of dinosaurs and shit as progressed a long way since the first Jurassic Park. You might as well complain that the velociraptors are bigger than people and have no feathers.

Basically what I'm saying is that you're a nitpicking phaggot. thumb up

Surtur

Those are 300 lb lizards that have brains the size of a pea, they would have eaten him without pause.

Were you expecting realism? Hell these guys didn't even update the look of dinosaurs to match recent scientific findings(notice any feathers on any of them?)

Though speaking of shit, there is apparently a deleted scene where the main characters cover themselves in dinosaur shit in order to mask their scent.

On the other hand the scientists in Jurassic Park seem to have the same learning capabilities as those in the "Alien" franchise. They keep thinking it's a good idea to take these incredibly deadly creatures and try to control them and weaponize them.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Surtur
Were you expecting realism? Hell these guys didn't even update the look of dinosaurs to match recent scientific findings(notice any feathers on any of them?)

Though speaking of shit, there is apparently a deleted scene where the main characters cover themselves in dinosaur shit in order to mask their scent.

To be fair, the writers were at least aware of that. It was a conscious decision, that they referenced in the movie.

Surtur
Originally posted by -Pr-
To be fair, the writers were at least aware of that. It was a conscious decision, that they referenced in the movie.

Also to be fair the dinosaurs would look silly as hell too.

-Pr-
Also to be fair the dinosaurs would look silly as hell too.

Yup.

I wouldn't mind seeing them show one that's as real as they could make it, but that's more about curiosity than anything.

TBH, I thought Jurassic World was fine. Not a great movie by any means, but watchable enough. The next one should be better though.

NemeBro

On the other hand the scientists in Jurassic Park seem to have the same learning capabilities as those in the "Alien" franchise. They keep thinking it's a good idea to take these incredibly deadly creatures and try to control them and weaponize them. Why would they try to weaponize them? That's a lot of money to spend on a huge moving target that is only a threat if it gets close and can be killed by fairly standard military weaponry. Pit a tank versus a T-rex and the tank will win every time.

riv6672
^^^Throw some V's in Afghani tunnels and you'd have a party.

ON TOPIC:
Cool teaser pic. Makes me curious as to whats gonna go down.

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro
Why would they try to weaponize them? That's a lot of money to spend on a huge moving target that is only a threat if it gets close and can be killed by fairly standard military weaponry. Pit a tank versus a T-rex and the tank will win every time.

The logic doesn't make much sense, but Vincent Dnofrios character was desperate to weaponize them.

Perhaps he was under the impression future wars would be fought solely against..you know, those tribes and shit you can find in the jungle where they really have no technology at all? I imagine dinosaurs would be effective there, but then so would just normal troops with guns.

I think someone just really wanted to create combat Dino's for the "cool" factor.

Flyattractor
I think they should make it a big reveal that the "I can run in High Heels thru the jungle Chick" should be revealed to be some kind of Human Raptor Hybrid and that is why she could run in those heels because it wasn't heels but is in fact a raptor heel claw.

Surtur
When are the scientists gonna use their brains and splice some bear DNA with a dinosaur?

TethAdamTheRock
Wanna see King Kong Jurassic World Crossover

steverules_2
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

We kind of are, it's called Godzilla vs. Kong

Khazra Reborn
Velociraptors have consistently been portrayed as being highly intelligent animals since the first movie (well, semi-consistently, that is the idea behind them anyway). Highly intelligent animals can be trained by more intelligent humans. Sure, this doesn't hold up scientifically these days, but study of dinosaurs and shit as progressed a long way since the first Jurassic Park. You might as well complain that the velociraptors are bigger than people and have no feathers.

Basically what I'm saying is that you're a nitpicking phaggot. thumb up

LOL, It was a shit movie, and dinosaurs aren't Beagles, get over it, b*tch t*ts. thumb up

Flyattractor
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

Then have it revealed that Godzilla was created by the Old Fart that started Jurassic Park.

And then put him in a park...and give Jeff Goldblum a cameo where he just has a stroke when he sees it.

TethAdamTheRock
Godzilla is pretty large for Kong

Surtur
Originally posted by steverules_2
We kind of are, it's called Godzilla vs. Kong

Has a Kong/Godzilla movie actually been confirmed?

NemeBro
LOL, It was a shit movie,

Maybe, I haven't seen it.

No, but if they have the required intelligence they can be trained like them. thumb up

Kill yourself. thumb down

steverules_2
Has a Kong/Godzilla movie actually been confirmed?

May 29th 2020

Surtur
Hmm, I expect Kong is somehow going to get further mutated by something? Since going by the trailers for Skull Island Kong is nowhere near large enough to take on Godzilla.

steverules_2
I dunno, Rob suggested he might still be growing and hasn't reached his proper height yet

Khazra Reborn
Maybe, I haven't seen it.

No, but if they have the required intelligence they can be trained like them. thumb up

Kill yourself. thumb down

No they can't, and you first, cheese whiz. thumb down

Patient_Leech
No they can't, and you first, cheese whiz. thumb down

The movie resurrects dinosaurs and this guy is complaining that they can't be trained.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The movie resurrects dinosaurs and this guy is complaining that they can't be trained.

Pfft. It's way more likely that we'd be able to clone dinosaurs than train them, Hell, scientists are extremely close to reviving Wooly Mammoths.

Surtur
If they can clone stuff and splice DNA then why doesn't the government just want to make human super soldiers? But nope, we gotta bring dinosaurs into the mix.

Khazra Reborn
Because Wooly Mammoths will help repair the ice caps.

queeq
Sweet

Kazenji
Jeff Goldblum is back

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/running-and-screaming-jeff-goldblum-joins-jurassic-world-sequel-255?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Kazenji
Jeff Goldblum is back

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/running-and-screaming-jeff-goldblum-joins-jurassic-world-sequel-255?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

https://media4.giphy.com/media/tt3yDdjM1XYQ/giphy.gif

marwash22
Goldblum never left.

he was simply biding his time, waiting to make an entrance.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/fe3ea502dc44608e914bbdab70f745ae/tumblr_inline_nipfvnnHIs1sj4qvu.gif

riv6672
Jeff Goldblum is back

Good news indeed!

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Dreampanther
https://media4.giphy.com/media/tt3yDdjM1XYQ/giphy.gif
Oh Happy Day! big grin cool

Bentley
These sequels will be all worth it when Jurasic World finally ties into Pokemon.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Bentley
These sequels will be all worth it when Jurasic World finally ties into Pokemon.

http://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1392241179i/8524698._SY540_.jpg

Esau Cairn
John McClane & Ripley win tickets to a mystery holiday destination...

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
John McClane & Ripley win tickets to a mystery holiday destination...

Now that's a recipe for EPIC WIN.

riv6672
Southpaw.

Basic story, but Gyllenhaal acted the shit out of it.

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
Southpaw.

Basic story, but Gyllenhaal acted the shit out of it.

erm

----------

James Cromwell joins the cast, As the scientific partner of Jurassic Park creator John Hammond

http://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-2-james-cromwell-character/

Ridley_Prime
With Jeff Goldblum back, is it too much to hope for Sam Neill?

Ridley_Prime
Lookin good so far.

https://twitter.com/JurassicWorld_/status/839582024335769600

https://twitter.com/JurassicWorld_/status/858118127133097989

https://twitter.com/JurassicWorld_/status/856341946272542720

And last but not least, more animatronics and practical effects.

https://twitter.com/JurassicWorld_/status/851999313899266050

https://twitter.com/JurassicWorld_/status/855943134278287360

Patient_Leech
"Epic submarine scene" sounds cool.

Zack M
Jeff and Sam? Make it happen!!

Ridley_Prime
So the official name for this film now is Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Someone change the thread title to that?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
So the official name for this film now is Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Someone change the thread title to that?

Hm... not sure what to think of that name.

You'll have to message one of the mods, though, to get it changed. Imp.

Esau Cairn
JW:Fallen Kingdom meets Planet Of The Apes.

Someone make this happen!

prabhash.s
Jurassic world and Jurassic park both the films were too good.

Kazenji
Trailer for this will be out friday.......even tho i thought it came out last thursday, Guess they held off because of the Infinity War trailer.

Patient_Leech
^ yeah, is this a teaser for the teaser?

NPv5UopHnj8

Kazenji
Yeah, That's the one i seen last week

doubt it's a teaser usually those are shorter.

steverules_2
Dragons

Patient_Leech
****in hype.. teaser for the teaser.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
Teaser for the teaser for a teaser, Then i'm more hyped.

Patient_Leech
Well this looks pretty cool...

So much pre-teaser hype!

4YFhbeQLt-s

Kazenji
_JvrgSPFbDs&t=27s

CPT Space Bomb
I honestly wasn't a big fan of Jurassic World....It was ok. Jurassic Park was way better...especially for the time. But hey, can't argue with the results....

I'm sure I'll enjoy the sequel because I enjoyed Jurassic World enough...but not exactly dying to see it.

Patient_Leech
Watched a little featurette with the Goldblum included last night.

What time is this trailer gonna drop, dammit?

Patient_Leech
YouTube is so cluttered with pre-teasers and shit that I can't tell what's what anymore. If it is released I don't know which ****ing one it is.

Adam Grimes
Hopefully Goldblum's character will rule an island with a Dinosaur vs Dinosaur/people colisseum.

Patient_Leech
^ That would be awesome.

Patient_Leech
Oh, well now the trailer comes out on Friday? Wtf?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJHJRbyy0f8

**** these assholes. That's a dirty trick.

Patient_Leech
Oh, it airs tonight during Thursday Night Football. Good lord, every little "teaser for the teaser" says something different.

carthage
I'm just waiting for Goldblum to jump on that Table in Golden spandex, and scream: "It's my birthday!!"

Patient_Leech
The dinos look cool, but the movie is literally plot rehash of Lost World and Jurrasic Park III. Pretty epically unimaginative. I don't know why I thought it would be more interesting. It seemed like they were setting up something more interesting for some reason.

But it looks like there will be lots of explosions. thumb up

quanchi112
Never that into Jurassi universe. Not excited at all. I'll see the film (I see more movies than most of the population) but I won't look forward to it at all.

BruceSkywalker
this looks good

Kazenji
vn9mMeWcgoM

The dinos look cool, but the movie is literally plot rehash of Lost World and Jurrasic Park III.

Not a complete rehash...also got Dr Wu doing more dino experiments too, Along with a Volcano on the island set to wipe out the dino's so they're going there to save some.

vansonbee
I can picture the 3rd movie. The plot will have the dinosaurs in city zoos and they break free and rampage.

steverules_2
Wasn't site B set somewhere else in lost world? Sure site B was another Island or something, been a while since I watched it.

This story might be ripped from a jurassic park arcade game that I've played. You gotta capture dino's and boss dino's because a volcano is going off on Jurassic park...so yeah ripped from that.

Patient_Leech
Not a complete rehash...also got Dr Wu doing more dino experiments too, Along with a Volcano on the island set to wipe out the dino's so they're going there to save some.

Oh, right. Thanks, Kaz. Thanks for clearing that up. thumb up

Actually, this looks like it might be more fun than JW1. Let's face it, the plot doesn't matter. The amount of explosions and dinosaurs matters. I'm on board. Can't wait. thumb up

Oh, and Jeff Goldblum. thumb up

http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/Hd4J5THWtduSmGDVyLupVV-480-80.jpg

I'm also hoping for fewer annoying kids this time, but that might be expecting too much.

I love this poster, but I can't find the full version of it. Can someone find it?

https://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news.tops/NE1SASsixWpa51_4_b/Jurassic-World-2-Trailer-Fallen-Kingdom.jpg

ares834
This looks terrible.

steverules_2
Uh oh

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by ares834
This looks terrible.

I agree that the plot is absolutely terrible. But c'mon, look at this.. this just looks badass...

https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/scale_crop_768_433/2017/12/jurassic_world_fallen_kingdom.jpg

Uh oh

What's uh oh?

steverules_2
Uh oh someone doesn't like the trailer

Any chance that's the T-Rex from Jurassic World? See a few scars, looks kinda small actually or maybe that's cuz it's sorta bent down

Patient_Leech
Any chance that's the T-Rex from Jurassic World? See a few scars, looks kinda small actually or maybe that's cuz it's sorta bent down

It likely is. Remember he was still hanging out on the island at the end of the film?

Slowpoke
OMG REALL LOVE THE TRAILER.

I really wish there could be a real Jurassic Park someday.

Impediment
It's just another Lost World.

It'll make more more money than God, but it's just a rehash.

I'll wait for home release.

Kazenji
If its a rehash....then will see the dino's rampaging around in a city, So far no sign of that.

Patient_Leech
If its a rehash....then will see the dino's rampaging around in a city, So far no sign of that.

Kaz, you really are good at missing the point.

The point is...

Jurassic Park 1: Theme park goes to shit.
Jurassic Park 2: Reluctantly return to island, and mayhem ensues; dinos make it to human mainland.
Jurassic Park 3: Reluctantly return to island, and mayhem ensues.
Jurassic World 1: Theme park goes to shit.
Jurassic World 2: Reluctantly return to island, and mayhem ensues; dinosaurs will be returning to human mainland again.

But to be fair, I actually think it's better to keep the plots grounded and not too wacky. Because let's face it, if they wanted to do something more original it would probably have to start getting kind of wacky and that would probably take away from the awe and excitement of seeing the dinosaurs in action. So I'm actually glad they are keeping the story somewhat grounded. And it sounds like the stakes are getting a little higher now, because now the dinosaurs appear to be threatening to take over the planet again... haha. This is a nice little trailer breakdown...

Y5M1i3UzkjI

steverules_2
It likely is. Remember he was still hanging out on the island at the end of the film?

I do remember, hope it is that'd be awesome

Kazenji
Kaz, you really are good at missing the point.

Not really....just feels to me people are being picky over what they think is a rehash.

Ridley_Prime
5l4rZ78bA_s

Liked more than the previous trailer tbh.

Patient_Leech
^ More than previous game trailer?

Looks pretty cool for game footage. I'm not a game player, though, so probably won't ever play it.

Kazenji
I remember they tried something like that back in the PS2 game days, Not sure what it was like that with one.

Patient_Leech

rox
So basically we would have had a disaster reguardless, because I hear the plot is a hidden volcano on Isla Nublar. So everything they did in these movies was for nothing. But how did they not know it was a volcano there

Kazenji
A whole thread for this?

Patient_Leech
It's because volcanoes will look cool with dinosaurs. That's all that matters. Duh.

Anyway, here's the current thread...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=640521& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Jurassic+World%29+forumid
%3A2

rox
A whole thread for this?

I just thought about this, thats why i made a thread and also this would have made all the other stories been for nothing with this story.

Kazenji
If there even was talk of a volcano in the original story.

Impediment
Merged existing threads.

Patient_Leech
Don't think it's on YouTube yet, but the new trailer was good and also... odd. Rehash of The Lost World with a dinosaur in a kid's bedroom or something.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by rox
But how did they not know it was a volcano there

I'm thinking it was a dormant volcano to begin with.

Then the bad guys blow it as part of their scheme...

Kazenji
with a dinosaur in a kid's bedroom or something.

Analogy to Quan's preying on young children?

Patient_Leech
^ lol..

Here it is...

NooW_RbfdWI

riv6672
First of all...
Analogy to Quan's preying on young children?
...LMFAO!

Second, i liked the new trailer. Pratt and Blue have good chemistry.
That young kid w. the glasses is a screamer!

Josh_Alexander
Really looking forward for this movie...let's hope it doesn't reassembles TLJ....

Kazenji
Colin Trevorrow is coming back for the third movie

http://www.superherohype.com/g00/news/414197-colin-trevorrow-confirmed-to-direct-jurassic-world-3?i10c. encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZmFjZWJvb2suY29tLw%3D%
3D&i10c.ua=1&i10c.dv=13

Patient_Leech
^ I think that's cool. Unless of course the new guy turns out to be better.

SquallX
You would think crazy scientist would stop cloning giant reptiles that loves the taste of meat?

Patient_Leech
I just hope these movies don't start to suck so bad that they overwhelm the fun of seeing dinosaurs on screen.

Patient_Leech
Final trailer, I think. I'm trying not to watch every little clip that comes out, though, so I'm going to try to avoid it. I'll probably actually try to see this on the Big Screen...

1FJD7jZqZEk

Kazenji
No more hybrid dinosaurs for the 3rd movie

https://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-3-hybrid-dinosaurs/

Patient_Leech
Planning to get my tix for this in the next day or two.

I'm curious to hear some early reviews, and they should start coming in soon, I think the review embargo is supposed to end soon.

Patient_Leech
So I got my tickets today and reviews are rolling in even though it doesn't open here in the States for another couple weeks (I want to try to watch of couple of this director's other films in the meantime). And it sounds like spoilers could be a big deal here, so I'm definitely going to try to be extra careful about what I see and hear. She likes it quite a lot surprisingly enough...

7KucPuMkM3g

I still expect to grown at some things, but that didn't hurt my enjoyment too much with Jurassic World 1.

dynamix
Originally posted by Impediment
It's just another Lost World.

It'll make more more money than God, but it's just a rehash.

I'll wait for home release.

thats what i was thinking to

cdtm
Taking bets that we see "that scene".

You know, the meme about the plastic ball going in mud, and completely blocking the view (Or other mud like substances, possibly very stinky..)

steverules_2

I still expect to grown at some things

You get turned on by dinosaurs too?

Flyattractor
Not really. Looking more forward to the Meg Movie.

But I do hope this one is just plain Dumb Popcorn Fun like the last one.

CPT Space Bomb
Not excited about this film but I'll probably watch it once like I did with Jurassic World.

Patient_Leech
Apparently the trailers for this aren't doing it justice, not really representing it well.

Darth Thor
Im looking forward to it. Found the last one a bit dumb at times but still hella entertaining.

Edit- only 67% on RT but not many reviews in yet. JWs final score was 71% for reference.

CroftAlice
I'm going to see it tonight

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by CroftAlice
I'm going to see it tonight

Ah, ****, you ****in' foreigners! stick out tongue Report back what you think, please.

I'm trying to familiarize myself at least somewhat with J.A. Bayona's other work and so watched The Impossible (2012) last night. It was amazing. One of the best movies I've ever seen actually. Not sure if I've ever cried that much during a movie. He's a stellar director, so I think we can at least rest assured that JW:2 will be directed beautifully (just hope the writing is as good).

http://img.moviepostershop.com/the-impossible-movie-poster-2012-1020753734.jpg

I also want to see The Orphanage (2007) and if I have time maybe A Monster Calls (2016).

https://s3.amazonaws.com/nightjarprod/content/uploads/sites/4/2017/05/23170247/ORPHANAGEPOSTER.jpg

CroftAlice
Ah, ****, you ****in' foreigners! stick out tongue Report back what you think, please.

I'm trying to familiarize myself at least somewhat with J.A. Bayona's other work and so watched The Impossible (2012) last night. It was amazing. One of the best movies I've ever seen actually. Not sure if I've ever cried that much during a movie. He's a stellar director, so I think we can at least rest assured that JW:2 will be directed beautifully (just hope the writing is as good).

http://img.moviepostershop.com/the-impossible-movie-poster-2012-1020753734.jpg

I also want to see The Orphanage (2007) and if I have time maybe A Monster Calls (2016).

https://s3.amazonaws.com/nightjarprod/content/uploads/sites/4/2017/05/23170247/ORPHANAGEPOSTER.jpg

The story was..meh..the old clone cliche again,but the indoraptor was badass,though

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I don't expect much in the way of groundbreaking story.

But what about the action, the dinos, the spectacle?

It seems to be pretty well liked by Jurassic fans in that regard, from what I've heard so far...

StiltmanFTW
Has anyone seen it?

Kazenji
I know i haven't because it hasn't opened, Doesn't start until the 21st of June for me

Seems Europe got it first before the rest of the world.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, it's here, but I haven't seen part 1 and trailers disappointed me. So I'm not in a hurry.

Darth Thor

Seems Europe got it first before the rest of the world.

Due to the World Cup methinks.

Im seeing this later today though.

Darth Thor
Top film.

Not quite as action packed or exciting as the last one. But a little less silly (no running in heels).

Definitely a worthy sequel and nicely set up for a trilogy.

BruceSkywalker
hope this is worth it next Friday

Darth Thor
It is. Decent fun flick.

Just dont expect some classic.

Trailers and clips give away a fair bit though so id advise to avoid them.

Patient_Leech
I'm looking forward to this next weekend. It just opened pretty big in China, making almost as much in its opening as The Last Jedi made there in its entire run.

I highly recommend the same director's The Impossible, like I posted above. That movie blew me away. I don't really expect that much from JW2, though, just some fun dinos n' shit.

CPT Space Bomb
Honestly, the trailers for this movie already killed any hype I might have had for it. I might see it but honestly to me it looks dumb.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Honestly, the trailers for this movie already killed any hype I might have had for it. I might see it but honestly to me it looks dumb.

Here's the way I look at it:

I'm glad they are keeping the story somewhat grounded and not going completely ridiculous with it (like Dinosaurs in Space or lasers attached to their heads or something, lol). And in order to do so there are only so many plots you can come up with to keep it feeling natural. So yeah, that's going to require a little bit of retread: another park, returning to the island, getting dinosaurs to the mainland, etc. But I actually rather like the corporate conspiracy/greed stuff. It actually sort of rings true and fits our current state of affairs. So then what really matters is just some fun dinosaur action and to me Jurassic World delivered on that level. So I expect JW2 to continue the trend.

Hell, they even seem to be heading in sort of a Planet of the Apes Reboot direction, which is probably a good way to go about it because those were so well done.

CroftAlice
And who can survive a pyroclastic flow? The one and only Chris Pratt!!

CroftAlice
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Has anyone seen it?

Yes,I did

James T. Kirk
I've seen it. Second best of the Jurassic movies but that ain't saying much.

Patient_Leech
Everyone who remembers the original Jurassic Park with such rose-colored glasses needs to go back and watch it again. It's not the symbol of perfection that everyone remembers it to be. There are some goofy things in it, too. (But I will admit that Jeff Goldblum had many great, memorable lines.)

For example everyone has complained about the Jurassic World characters being cardboard cutouts. Well, there were many cardboard cutouts in the original also. And the weird, glaring mistake with the T-Rex walking through the fence one second and then the next second it's a huge cliff so the characters could conveniently escape. That is an extremely bizarre and glaring mistake.

Darth Thor
Here's the way I look at it:

I'm glad they are keeping the story somewhat grounded and not going completely ridiculous with it (like Dinosaurs in Space or lasers attached to their heads or something, lol). And in order to do so there are only so many plots you can come up with to keep it feeling natural. So yeah, that's going to require a little bit of retread: another park, returning to the island, getting dinosaurs to the mainland, etc. But I actually rather like the corporate conspiracy/greed stuff. It actually sort of rings true and fits our current state of affairs. So then what really matters is just some fun dinosaur action and to me Jurassic World delivered on that level. So I expect JW2 to continue the trend.

Hell, they even seem to be heading in sort of a Planet of the Apes Reboot direction, which is probably a good way to go about it because those were so well done.

Agreed.

Plus they need to leave some room for a potentially bigger scale 3rd film, which I personally think has been set up nicely.

Doing a middle film for this was always going to be limited in scope, but they managed it well enough Imo.

carthage
Should be a decent popcorn flick if nothing more

cdtm
Another shitty Jurassic Park movie.

cdtm
Everyone who remembers the original Jurassic Park with such rose-colored glasses needs to go back and watch it again. It's not the symbol of perfection that everyone remembers it to be. There are some goofy things in it, too. (But I will admit that Jeff Goldblum had many great, memorable lines.)

For example everyone has complained about the Jurassic World characters being cardboard cutouts. Well, there were many cardboard cutouts in the original also. And the weird, glaring mistake with the T-Rex walking through the fence one second and then the next second it's a huge cliff so the characters could conveniently escape. That is an extremely bizarre and glaring mistake.

The original is a flawed popcorn flick, followed by deeply flawed abominations trying to recapture the good elements of a flawed movie, and missing the point.

Like Bayformers, and how the first was the only enjoyable one.

Kazenji
only ever liked the 2nd movie for the Park films the 3rd movie is almost a syfy movie quality

Maybe that's how they were in the novel too?...then again i haven't it.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by cdtm
The original is a flawed popcorn flick, followed by deeply flawed abominations trying to recapture the good elements of a flawed movie, and missing the point.

Like Bayformers, and how the first was the only enjoyable one.

I disagree, there are still things to enjoy in the sequels despite the flaws. There are dinosaurs after all.

And Transformers is not worthy of a comparison to Jurassic Park.

Kazenji
Not until they start putting some effort into those movies, Bumblebee could be the start of that.

Esau Cairn
There are dinosaurs after all.

That's the thing for me though...

I'm a huge monster/creature fan & the franchise kinda killed that element of awe for me.

Spielberg made dinosaurs main stream.

cdtm
"They are giant robots, after all".

Seems like a good comparison to me! thumb up smile

Darth Thor
The Jurassic World movies are the only worthy sequels to the first Jurassic Park.

The first 2 Jurassic Park sequels were kinda pointless and just sequels for the sake of it.

Kazenji
Wow...not much love for the 2nd Park movie.

Kazenji
An alternate opening to Jurassic World 2 from Banana-Dragon Productions

VExf2yI7c7Q

only problem with that is the coolant in the can only lasted for 36 hours.

Darth Thor
Wow...not much love for the 2nd Park movie.

Jeff Goldblum was the saving grace. But no apart from that wasnt a fan.

Before the Jurassic World films, the JP sequels were like the T1/T2 sequels for me.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>