Superman vs Aquaman and Mera.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JBL
Battle takes place underwater in first fight. Second fight takes place on land. Who wins??

beatboks
Unless Arthur has waterhand or trident of Posiedon he and the mrs are fish food

-Pr-
Yeah. Without some sort of boost, I don't see team taking it. Even underwater, they'd have trouble with Superman's speed I imagine.

StiltmanFTW
Creepy fish guy and frogsuit lady did fine on land.

carver9
Stalemate imo...

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/aquaman-and-mera-vs-superman-rebirth-5.png

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/aquaman-and-mera-vs-superman-rebirth-6.png

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/aquaman-and-mera-vs-superman-rebirth-7.png

-Pr-
Irrelevant scan is irrelevant. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Creepy fish guy really showed him thumb up

-Pr-
And I hate that new ****ing costume too. Both of them.

Philosophía
Superman, every time.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-
Irrelevant scan is irrelevant. thumb up

Hush now. Carver went through the Character Ownage thread for days just to find that scan.

leonidas
the scan was a decent showing for arty but he was basically going all balls out for king and country and supes was trying to talk him down the whole time. and the one time superman used even a bit of speed arthur was f'd and mera basically didn't even know what happened.

a serious superman utterly decimates these 2.

krisblaze
There's just no scenario where Aquaman gets in the 150 hits needed to take down Superman.

spetznaz
Originally posted by leonidas
the scan was a decent showing for arty but he was basically going all balls out for king and country and supes was trying to talk him down the whole time. and the one time superman used even a bit of speed arthur was f'd and mera basically didn't even know what happened.

This.100% agree, and nothing more needs to be said (apart from maybe posters being intellectually honest when they put up scans that they know very well do not give the full picture).

carver9

Doesn't make sense. Both of them were trying to talk sense into the other. Was Arthur holding back as well?

EcstaticGrace
Superman.

Across the charts he has better physicals.
He also has the ranged advantage atleast over Arthur.

Teams only chance is trident stab or Mera's hydrokinesis. So they do have means to put him down. But their not as fast as him feat wise.

DarkSaint85
/thread.

EG is THE Aquaman fan here (sorry PeRa). AND he's reasonable, if zealous.

EcstaticGrace

I'd argue Arthur wasn't going all out. Why would Mera fight physically when she could

A.) Flood lungs
B.) Dehydrate
C.) Possibly give him a stroke

Arthur didn't have his trident and he had a army there on standby which he didn't decide to use.

I still don't see the team beating a competent Superman outside a plot battle. Until they get better feats.

I don't get why people ignore the fact though Superman was trying to detain them, and he failed. And everyone was talking.

StiltmanFTW
http://i.imgur.com/mJggKVN?r

Philosophía

a serious superman utterly decimates these 2. thumb up

That fight showed even a casual 'stop it, let's talk' Superman as far above Arthur.

I mean, the first punch Superman landed put Aquaman on his back, bleeding, and Mera had to intervene.

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w403/Philosophia/Aquaman%202016-%20006-008_zpsgl25dz4s.jpghttp://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w403/Philosophia/Aquaman%202016-%20006-009_zpsov1cocfi.jpg

The second punch literally did the same thing and Mera, again, had to intervene:

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w403/Philosophia/Aquaman%202016-%20006-011_zpsezpzm2zk.jpg

It looked like an adult beating up kids, imo.

Surtur
Yeah it truly does seem like Superman is an adult trying to stop two infants in the middle of a temper tantrum.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
Stalemate imo...

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/aquaman-and-mera-vs-superman-rebirth-5.png

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/aquaman-and-mera-vs-superman-rebirth-6.png

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/aquaman-and-mera-vs-superman-rebirth-7.png

I will forgive your heresy IF you tell me who the artist is.

Surtur
Why is Aquaman wearing a pineapple costume?

DarkSaint85
It's redolent of his house.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I will forgive your heresy IF you tell me who the artist is.

Brad walker

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Brad walker

Thanks.

The Gammite will now receive NO reprieve!

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Surtur
Why is Aquaman wearing a pineapple costume? In the story he wanted to do a Thing cosplay but Superman interrupted, hence he was so pissed.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
/thread.

EG is THE Aquaman fan here (sorry PeRa). AND he's reasonable, if zealous.

I'm glad we have you around to make those kinds of decisions thumb up

Seriously though, Mungi is the guy as much as anyone.

==

As far as the thread goes, I still don't see team winning. Arthur can be argued to be on Diana's level, but Superman occupies a different one altogether, Mera's more exotic powers can do damage, but I don't see them doing enough to take a win.

DarkSaint85
Mungi likes Alpha Flight too much to be considered sane.

JBL
I'm glad we have you around to make those kinds of decisions thumb up

Seriously though, Mungi is the guy as much as anyone.

==

As far as the thread goes, I still don't see team winning. Arthur can be argued to be on Diana's level, but Superman occupies a different one altogether, Mera's more exotic powers can do damage, but I don't see them doing enough to take a win. The writer who wrote the story stated that aquaman could take on superman as could WW, and that if any of them could put superman on his back, it would be mera.He also stated that if he thought that Aquaman couldn't hang, he would not have written the story as it would be a bully type fight if one was far above the other.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
The writer who wrote the story stated that aquaman could take on superman as could WW, and that if any of them could put superman on his back, it would be mera.

Well, that's his opinion. And he should know better, considering how he actually wrote some pretty good Aquaman back in the day.

DarkSaint85
But we don't take writer interviews?

JBL
But we don't take writer interviews? Actually it was the writer and the artist consulting with other writers about it.

DarkSaint85
Yeah....so still inadmissible.

Alan Moore claims to have met THE John Constantine. Doesn't mean he really exists.

EcstaticGrace
Yeah....so still inadmissible.

Alan Moore claims to have met THE John Constantine. Doesn't mean he really exists.

claims to have met a character in a fictional world.

Fictional character ranking by writer.

It honestly just seems up to writer interpretation. I agree with JBL that Abnett's intent shouldn't be dismissed but regardless Abnett hasn't really given any reason for anyone to think Aquaman can hang with Superman outside of a plot fights.

His physicals are inferior.
His one ace could be have physicals enough to survive like Wonder Woman. But have his own ace. Skill, Range, Trident, Telepathy something

MightyKalEl
Superman wins.

-Pr-
No, Abnett's intent isn't just dismissed out of hand. The problem is that the comic needs to back up what he's saying. It doesn't, nor has any of the new 52 stuff either.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
claims to have met a character in a fictional world.

Fictional character ranking by writer.

My point was, the writer can believe whatever he or she wants, but if it's not backed up by what's on panel, it's invalid.

Alan M may well and truly believe that Con John is real, and he is entitled to his opinion and belief. But we have multiple examples to the contrary, and none supporting his stance.

StiltmanFTW
But we don't take writer interviews?

We do, unless they're obscure, actually.

krisblaze
Taking a writers opinion on who's stronger than who seems counterintuitive.

But that's different from a writer clarifying a scene he has written.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by krisblaze
Taking a writers opinion on who's stronger than who seems counterintuitive.

But that's different from a writer clarifying a scene he has written.

thumb up

Originally posted by Parmaniac
In the story he wanted to do a Thing cosplay but Superman interrupted, hence he was so pissed.

laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
We do, unless they're obscure, actually.

Define obscure.

Alan Moore is as celeb as they come. Batshit crazy, sure, but its a famous interview he gave to Wizard Magazine.

StiltmanFTW
Define obscure.

Ask mods to define it.

Alan Moore is as celeb as they come. Batshit crazy, sure, but its a famous interview he gave to Wizard Magazine.

Then it def should be referenced and discussed here.

You're the only person aside from OneDumb (who was not a well man) who interpreted Bada's rule like "oh k no interviews at all", btw.

EcstaticGrace
No, Abnett's intent isn't just dismissed out of hand. The problem is that the comic needs to back up what he's saying. It doesn't, nor has any of the new 52 stuff either.

I'd argue the Scepter feat is a good feat in regards to durability to suggest Aquaman could atleast take blows from S-Tier characters.

I'd honestly argue physically Abnett's Aquaman seems a bit inferior to Johns. But taking hits from Shaggyman is another good durability indication.

There's honestly several in regards to durability, and I think his strength is pretty insane to. His biggest hindrance I'd argue is speed.

Not sure what Post-Crisis Superman feats are, but I do know for a fact he has a heavy speed advantage, based on personal feats.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ask mods to define it.

Then it def should be referenced and discussed here.

You're the only person aside from OneDumb (who was not a well man) who interpreted Bada's rule like "oh k no interviews at all", btw.

OneDumb and I are cut from the same cloth, it seems.

As for the meet:

-Wizard Magazine, 1993

The second time he met him (illustrated; and 'confirming' the first 'meet'):

http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhnkkogsoc1qz4ymjo1_1280.jpg

Like I said, batshit crazy.

Surtur
My point was, the writer can believe whatever he or she wants, but if it's not backed up by what's on panel, it's invalid.

Alan M may well and truly believe that Con John is real, and he is entitled to his opinion and belief. But we have multiple examples to the contrary, and none supporting his stance.

Reminds me of Joss Whedon saying Buffy was on the level of Spider-Man, lol.

Spoiler alert for those who haven't seen the show: she is not by any stretch of the imagination Spider-Man level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.