How strong is novel Vitiate without the Dromund Kaas nexus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger
Is he still Revan+ or sub-Revan? Discuss.

MythLord
Apparently, sub-Exar Kun.

Azronger
He's sub-Exar even with the nexus.

S_W_LeGenD
Stronger than any Sith in history.

Nexus or not, gains from Nathema ritual are in the picture.

Azronger
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Stronger than any Sith in history.

Nexus or not, gains from Nathema ritual are in the picture.

Care to attempt to quantify the increase from the ritual?

S_W_LeGenD

Azronger
Your own quote says Vitiate's influence is stronger on dark side nexi laughing out loud

Nice way to debunk yourself, lol.

The_Tempest

Azronger
Temp, thoughts on Vitiate's strength outside nexi?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Azronger
Temp, thoughts on Vitiate's strength outside nexi?

I think if Novel!Revan and Novel!Vitiate had been fighting on "neutral" ground, Revan would have stood a healthy chance of beating him outright, if not by equal or greater power then by superior skill.

Azronger
I'd say I agree.

Ursumeles
Sub-Dooku smile

S_W_LeGenD
Your own quote says Vitiate's influence is stronger on dark side nexi laughing out loud

Nice way to debunk yourself, lol.
You have comprehension problems?

Revelation is that Vitiate's influence over his subjects (i.e. Imperial Guard) is strongest in a location that is strong in the Dark Side. That is why he chose such locations as training grounds for Imperial Guard. This influence refers to strength of bonding between Vitiate and Imperial Guard. Darth Nyriss remarked that Imperial Guard won't betray Vitiate on Dromund Kaas for example.

S_W_LeGenD
Care to attempt to quantify the increase from the ritual?
See Valkorion respect thread.

DarthAnt66
Blatantly stronger than Revan or Kun.

Azronger
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Revelation is that Vitiate's influence over his subjects (i.e. Imperial Guard) is strongest in a location that is strong in the Dark Side.

Yes, his influence is strongest in such locations because he's amped, lmao.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

The_Tempest

?

darthbane77
A bit below Revan.

Geistalt
So much for AP's argument that he is the DK nexus.

Kun was amped on Yavin 4 too, though.

Sure; not on Ossus. But Abeloth and the Pool of Knowledge were darker.

Geistalt
EVURY1 FROM TOR ERA IS SHIT except 4 Valkorion.

SunRazer
Here's the thing - Kun's quote, even if taken to apply to Vitiate, would not account for the nexus. So on the nexus, Vitiate could still be more powerful. thumb up

Azronger
Originally posted by SunRazer
Here's the thing - Kun's quote, even if taken to apply to Vitiate, would not account for the nexus. So on the nexus, Vitiate could still be more powerful. thumb up

Vitiate spends most of his time on Dromund Kaas, so I'd wager Kun's quote applies to him.

DarthAnt66
I'd wager
lmfao

SunRazer
Vitiate spends most of his time on Dromund Kaas, so I'd wager Kun's quote applies to him.

No, quotes never apply over circumstantial factors such as a nexus.

Azronger
No, quotes never apply over circumstantial factors such as a nexus.

If Kun is stated to be the darkest power in the galaxy, then that would include nexus-amped beings as well, so long as they reside in the galaxy.

SunRazer
No, because the nexus and the character are different powers. So Kun's quote cannot apply to both, only one.

Azronger
No, because the nexus and the character are different powers. So Kun's quote cannot apply to both, only one.

Yes, but the character amped by the nexus is a singular entity, so it applies thumb up

SunRazer
But they're different powers, which is the point in question. Kun may be a greater power than Vitiate alone, but Vitiate on the nexus is a different story. Such a quote can only refer to a single source of power, not multiple.

Azronger
But they're different powers, which is the point in question. Kun may be a greater power than Vitiate alone, but Vitiate on the nexus is a different story. Such a quote can only refer to a single source of power, not multiple.

Eh, I guess that's a fair interpretation, although I'd personally treat Vitiate as a singular being whether his power is amplified or not.

SunRazer
It's not confirmed that Vitiate is more powerful than Kun on the nexus, but the possibility for argument is definitely there.

By SWTOR, he's factually more powerful than Kun off-nexus, though.

S_W_LeGenD

SunRazer
That doesn't contradict anything given here.

The Ellimist
lmfao

Azronger
Where is this from, LeG? I would appreciate a source smile

Stigma
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Sub-Dooku smile
thumb up

Azronger
Where is this from, LeG? I would appreciate a source smile

I found it: it's from the Imperial Guard Academy codex entry. Vitiate sucks even more than I thought smile

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Geistalt
So much for AP's argument that he is the DK nexus.

Kun was amped on Yavin 4 too, though.

Sure; not on Ossus. But Abeloth and the Pool of Knowledge were darker.

Everyone on a dark side nexus. smile

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I think if Novel!Revan and Novel!Vitiate had been fighting on "neutral" ground, Revan would have stood a healthy chance of beating him outright, if not by equal or greater power then by superior skill.
Could you elaborate?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.