Mxyzptlk assaults Creation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Mxy got bored of messing around with Superman, so he decided to attack the primal forces of creation instead. How far does he get?

1. Great Evil Beast
2. The Spectre (when he fought DoT Anti-Monitor)
3. The Endless
4. Mother Night and Father Time
5. Lucifer Morningstar and Michael Demiurgos

Boss: The Presence

Bonus: DoT Anti Monitor and Soulfire Darkseid run the gauntlet instead.

DarkSaint85
Mxy clears it. Then does so again next week.

ghostman
mxy clears, should add some stips like him only using physical strength

Galan007
Gets to #5, unless we're talking POST-Carey Lucifer/Michael. sick

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He even defeats Yahweh, In your opinions?

Galan disagrees. Fight!

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
POST-Carey Lucifer/Michael. sick No such thing.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpwrsoGWHX1qag1uwo1_400.gif

Galan007
There is to me, damnit!!!

herbcry

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Mxy clears it. Then does so again next week.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What puts Mxy above The Presence?

TethAdamTheRock
stops at presence

Astner
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What puts Mxy above The Presence?
The feats from World's Funnest.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You think it's beyond The Presence to destroy D.C. in its entirety?

Astner

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. I'd argue The Presence holding the whole of Creation in his hand, and being able to erase it so as it never existed in the first place, with no implied effort or struggle, to be just as impressive. Ditto for saving the Phantom Stranger from physical, conceptual, and metatextual erasure by the Overvoid.

2. Was Yahweh even around during WF?

Astner
I'd argue The Presence holding the whole of Creation in his hand, and being able to erase it so as it never existed in the first place, with no implied effort or struggle, to be just as impressive.
But it's not a feat, therefore it's not as impressive.

Was Yahweh even around during WF?
On panel? No. Implicitly? I'm not sure. But at that point you would have to argue that the Presence doesn't exist in certain stories.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Fair enough, but the clear implication was there.

2. Yeah, it honestly depends on whether or not the Presence was present (no pun intended). If he was, then what Mxy did is one of the, if not the, most OP feats in all of fiction, period. Not that it isn't already, but it would be even moreso.

TheManWhoLaughs
Good lord ! This horrendous mxys wank . He gets absolutely raped by Night or time . Pralaya from jl Dark alone has done what mxy did in one panel . That is erasing the whole creation from all axis of space and time . I don't see why WF mxy is so wanked in all the debating sites . Lucifer with his fight michael was erasing the yggdrasil world tree itself which swamp thing absorbed the essence and restore the omniverse . And green world tree is merely a side effect of demiurgic power . Lucifer destroyed the logoz a concept which allowed spectre to fuse with the void . Yahweh's hand and great evil beast warped all of existence .

Mxy gets stomped at 3 and he is definitely anywhere close to archangels and Yahwehs level

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Mxy's feats from WF are enough for him to make it to the boss, imo.

TheManWhoLaughs
WF Mxy is just wanked in terms of DC comic standards .They are other characters who has rpeated that feat . Pralaya from Jl Dark has done what mxy did in a single panel like infinite times . She was still defeated by swamp thing after absorbing the essence of green and world tree .

Michael and lucifer created the entire DC Multiverse from scratch creating even the concepts like Night , time and The Source . Green is a side effect of demiurgic power The Source made spectre the embodiment of all creation and logoz made him fuse with the outervoid . Lucifer erased logoz to wake up michael and survived the death of michaels explosion which would erase the world tree and yahwehs creation in the process .

"Id"
Mxy and Batmite wipeing out the whole of creation and recreating it, is an extension of what the Presence can achieve as the divine presence lives within all living being. Or some BS.

Mr Master
Evan Dorkin: ... "It was all made up btw, so, doesn't matter."

It seems, Evan sees WF as a joke, and as a non-canon event according to that reply.

He did so several years ago likewise when I presented to him similar inquiries concerning WF final feat.
He basically told me WF was a satire addressing DC's cosmological make-up.

Philosophía
Damn, the Marvel fans are getting pathetic, tbh.

Mr Master
Yea? ... You read that any other way?

btw. I was exclusively pointing out how the writer obviously sees it, not the company.

Cogito
Regardless of Dorkin's intentions when he was writing it, it's very clearly canon (and very recent works have solidified that notion)

Plus, while it's definitely Mxy's high, it's not outrageously high compared to some of his other feats.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Mr Master
Yea? ... You read that any other way?

btw. I was exclusively pointing out how the writer obviously sees it, not the company. You stalking writers until you get the answer you wanted is not admissible proof on the forum.

I read that line as him telling you to stop taking shit so seriously, since it's all made up - like all comic books - and nobody should care.

-K-M-
Yeah I actually took it as "you're taking it way to serious it's as its comic book" statement

*shrugs*

Cogito
Yup, that's pretty much the reaction of most comic book writers when you press them on hyper nerd shit

TheManWhoLaughs
Dumbass twitter statements are irrelevant . If we take them as a resource rather then on panel feats then characters like Batman would beat any fictional character with prep time .

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PPm9YhMubK8/WHz6MukHfuI/AAAAAAAAB44/Blp1Y1yMIt8QdLNj0HfHtpe4-F8WxRKdQCJoC/w529-h117-p-rw/Screenshot%2B-%2B16_01%2B005.png

The same writer wrote Multi-eternity story considers Dormammu as barely universal with eternitys power

https://twitter.com/EmptyAsMyHand/status/770985339670269953

On Panel feats >>>>>>>>>Twitter wanks and statements

Mr Master
^^ Dromy chose to recreate only 616 in his image, doesn't mean his power was
universal."

If you read the arc dude, you'd know either Dormy or Umar were FAR beyond universal with ET's powa.

100% multiversal in fact.

------------------------------------------------------------

"stalking writers?" ... wtf?

I went to his personal site, which allows u to communicate with Dorkin,
asked the single question, got the single reply, done deal.

I'm not interested in forum "rules" btw cause I'm not debating feats here friend.

We know what happened in WF.

Btw. The writer (Dorkin) in that reply is without question singularly referring to WF.
I'll go as far as to get that extra reply to prove that. One last stalk I guess if need be.

Philosophía
Originally posted by -K-M-
Yeah I actually took it as "you're taking it way to serious it's as its comic book" statement

*shrugs*

Originally posted by Cogito
Yup, that's pretty much the reaction of most comic book writers when you press them on hyper nerd shit

That's not just an interpretation either - it's literally on the first page of World's Funnest:

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w403/Philosophia/ew%20-%20superman%20batman%20-%20worlds%20funnest%20-%2001_zpsiyjmt2bw.jpg

a.k.a. all comic books are dreamed up by the writers.

He probably facepalmed when he was asked the question.

DarkSaint85
Unless you ask Alan Moore, who is of the opinion characters like John Constantine exist......

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Unless you ask Alan Moore, who is of the opinion characters like John Constantine exist...... I'm not even sure Alan Moore exists. I think he's just a Grant Morrison villain.

Galan007
Originally posted by Phil
That's not just an interpretation either - it's literally on the first page of World's Funnest:

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w403/Philosophia/ew%20-%20superman%20batman%20-%20worlds%20funnest%20-%2001_zpsiyjmt2bw.jpg

a.k.a. all comic books are dreamed up by the writers.

He probably facepalmed when he was asked the question thumb up

I mentioned that intro line from World's Funnest in the other thread where that Twitter response was posted as though it is actually supposed to prove something, lol. That is exactly what Dorkin was quoting to that geek -- people who have actually READ the book(or ANY Elseworlds title for that matter, as most of them have the same basic "this is an imaginary story" dialogue on the intro page) would know that.

Anyway, when will people understand that statements on social media don't mean a goddamn thing? COMICS are what matter- and MULTIPLE comics over the years(including the most recent issue of AC, ffs) have explicitly told us...in black & white...that ALL of Mxy's appearances since his conception are canon to him. End of f*cking story.

The very fact that anyone would so desperately cling to a damn Twitter response(especially in lieu of NUMEROUS pieces of ON-PANEL EVIDENCE) should show them how glaringly ridiculous their 'opinion' is in the first place.

...I just don't get it. What's wrong with people, Phil?

https://media.giphy.com/media/NPyHgTkMStCXC/giphy.gif

Galan007
On a somewhat related note...

Is it just me, or does this scene from AC #975:
http://i.imgur.com/pzbuK44.jpg

Seem like it is referencing this scene from WF:
http://i.imgur.com/nz8KTwt.jpg

??? mmm

Philosophía
thumb up

I mentioned that intro line from World's Funnest in the other thread where that Twitter response was posted as though it is actually supposed to prove something, lol. That is exactly what Dorkin was quoting to that geek -- people who have actually READ the book(or ANY Elseworlds title for that matter, as most of them have the same basic "this is an imaginary story" dialogue on the intro page) would know that.

Anyway, when will people understand that statements on social media don't mean a goddamn thing? COMICS are what matter- and MULTIPLE comics over the years(including the most recent issue of AC, ffs) have explicitly told us...in black & white...that ALL of Mxy's appearances since his conception are canon to him. End of f*cking story.

The very fact that anyone would so desperately cling to a damn Twitter response(especially in lieu of NUMEROUS pieces of ON-PANEL EVIDENCE) should show them how glaringly ridiculous their 'opinion' is in the first place.

...I just don't get it. What's wrong with people, Phil?

https://media.giphy.com/media/NPyHgTkMStCXC/giphy.gif

Now that it's undebatable that the comic is canon, they'll try to cling on to any straws they can find - otherwise they'd have to accept that a DC character has the greatest feat in any comic book. Mxy's feat simply cannot be beat.

Expect plenty of bullshit.

On a somewhat related note...

Is it just me, or does this scene from AC #975:

Seem like it is referencing this scene from WF:

??? mmm

Certainly seems like it.

Don't expect anyone to accept it, though.

Zack M
Until we meet the new bad who is BEYOND even Mxy. wink

MightyKalEl
Mxy said whatever happened to Superman was done by someone way beyond him. Whoa..I can't even begin to imagine how insanely powerful that guy would be.

wuleecat
I am sure I am missing something here, but how does he defeat Death? I thought her whole thing was, when everything else was gone she would be the last thing left in existence and then shut the door behind her on the way out. No way round it.

How does the imp get round that?

Mr Master
laughing out loud

"Id"
Mr. Oz is such a noob. He should have taken a page from Annataz on how to properly neuter Mxy.

Galan007
Originally posted by wuleecat
I am sure I am missing something here, but how does he defeat Death? I thought her whole thing was, when everything else was gone she would be the last thing left in existence and then shut the door behind her on the way out. No way round it.

How does the imp get round that? Simple: Mxy is beyond death entirely. This was established way back in MOS #75.

Mr Master

The very fact that anyone would so desperately cling to a damn Twitter response
(especially in lieu of NUMEROUS pieces of ON-PANEL EVIDENCE) should show them how glaringly ridiculous their 'opinion' is in the first place.

...I just don't get it. What's wrong with people?

You gotta shoot Dorkin with that angst son. His book, his stance.

btw. I NEVER said in THIS thread, WF is/was/or whatever non-canon,
I pointing out how the WRITER views his own work.
Only because I noticed he felt this way years ago when I stepped to him.

Writers make up their own minds at times, just look at Starlin.

btw. "numerous pieces of on panel evidence?" ... huh?

--------------------------------------------

You know, after doing some intense research yesterday, I noticed,
although WF is not recognized as canon by any bio or anyone across the numerous official DC sites,
across anywhere on the internet actually, except HERE,
Mxy is still considered the most powerful cat in DC I learned. smile

I already felt that way on my own, but I didn't realize DC saw it this way without WF.

Props to Mxy. Oh, and Bat-Mite is stamped with near-infinite capabilities.

Galan007
... or how about that single tiny panel of Bat-Mite's face in the Kingdom,
that could be from any of the many stories he's appeared in.
The only on panel potential evidence I've noticed.
Of course, one would have to present the WF panel that Kingdom panel came from. You mean this 'single tiny panel of Bat-Mite's face in the Kingdom'..?:
http://i.imgur.com/orvgOij.jpg

It's actually from his very first appearance in Detective Comics #267:
http://i.imgur.com/s3yybxl.jpg

...Glad I could sort that out for you. smile

You gotta shoot Dorkin with that angst son. His book, his stance.

btw. I NEVER said in THIS thread, WF is/was/or whatever non-canon,
I pointing out how the WRITER views his own work.
Only because I noticed he felt this way years ago when I stepped to him.

Writers make up their own minds at times, just look at Starlin.

btw. "numerous pieces of on panel evidence?" ... huh?

--------------------------------------------

You know, after doing some intense research yesterday, I noticed,
although WF is not recognized as canon by any bio or anyone across the numerous official DC sites,
across anywhere on the internet actually, except HERE,
Mxy is still considered the most powerful cat in DC I learned. smile

I already felt that way on my own, but I didn't realize DC saw it this way without WF.

Props to Mxy. Oh, and Bat-Mite is stamped with near-infinite capabilities. Nah, it's just because you're ignorant of the character. Otherwise you'd be able to put your bias aside, and recognize the fact that MULTIPLE issues over the years(inc. THE MOST RECENT ISSUE OF AC), have canonized every single appearance Mxy has made since his conception.

If you don't know what issues I am talking about(and you clearly do not), then you have absolutely NO business attempting to discuss 'the facts' with me. smile

Mr Master
Originally posted by Philosophia

otherwise they'd have to accept that a DC character has the greatest feat in any comic book.

Mxy's feat simply cannot be beat.
laughing

Beyonder's feat simply can't be beat,
Living Tribunal's feat simply can't be beat,
Wanda's feat simply can't be beat,
classic IG feat simply can't be beat,
heck, She-Hulk's feat REALLY CAN'T be beat!

Imo, She-Hulk truly has the greatest feat in comicdom!

Mr Master

You mean this 'single tiny panel of Bat-Mite's face in the Kingdom'..?:

It's actually from his very first appearance in Detective Comics #267:

...Glad I could sort that out for you.
Nice. So even that chance, goes out the window.

I remember certain folks trying to pin that Kingdom panel to WF. laughing out loud

Nah, it's just because you're ignorant of the character. Otherwise you'd be able to put your extreme bias aside, and recognize the fact that MULTIPLE different issues over the years(inc. THE MOST RECENT ISSUE OF AC), have canonized every single appearance Mxy has made since his conception.

If you don't know what issues I am talking about(and you clearly do not), then you have absolutely NO business attempting to discuss 'the facts' with me. Simple.
I did tons of research yesterday, nothing's change concerning WF.

btw. I'll discuss anything I like. Just like you enter Marvel cosmic shit with ignorance.
I wasn't having a private convo with you anyway, this is a public thread.

So yea, I can go there too. Keep it coming, I'll reciprocate with pleasure.

--------------------------------------

Stick to trying to prove your point without getting personal, and we'll have fun and perhaps reach a compromise.

Galan007
Nice. So even that chance, goes out the window.

I remember certain folks trying to pin that Kingdom panel to WF. laughing out loud Then these alleged 'folks' were evidently ignorant of the character as well. smile

I did tons of research yesterday, nothing's change concerning WF. Apparently this 'research' of yours didn't entail actually looking at any comics..? mmm

Mr Master
You may think I'm biased concerning WF but it's not true. I call it how I see all evidence provided.

AC #975:

WF:
I'm actually a realist.

After gazing at this correlation you proposed purposely,
I have to submit this is the best evidence ever presented, only proof really, but it's tight,
tighter than a bull's ass in fly season.

I'd go ahead and concede this imo, could qualify as another writer nodding WF on panel.

Nice dot connections on your part G. thumb up ... U shoulda posted that before. stick out tongue

cdtm
Guys, we both know a properly written Superman or Batman can beat them all. wink

Seriously though, that was some good stuff, but Galan you'd better keep on your toes from now on. I know I'd sure keep an eye on if you ever weigh in on something you're not an expert on. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/tongue.gif

Galan007
You may think I'm biased concerning WF but it's not true. I call it how I see all evidence provided.

I'm actually a realist.

After gazing at this correlation you proposed purposely,
I have to submit this is the best evidence ever presented, only proof really, but it's tight,
tighter than a bull's ass in fly season.

I'd go ahead and concede this imo, could qualify as another writer nodding WF on panel.

Nice dot connections on your part G. thumb up ... U shoulda posted that before. stick out tongue Props to you for being able to acknowledge that. It wasn't expected, but certainly welcome nonetheless. big grin

http://i.imgur.com/Jo1SeXa.gif

**And tbh, I didn't know if it was just me seeing a reference that wasn't there, so I'm glad it is as obvious to others. stick out tongue

Originally posted by cdtm
Guys, we both know a properly written Superman or Batman can beat them all. wink

Seriously though, that was some good stuff, but Galan you'd better keep on your toes from now on. I know I'd sure keep an eye on if you ever weigh in on something you're not an expert on. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/tongue.gif laughing out loud ikr?

Oh well... If someone calls me on my BS, then so be it. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.