ADDRESSING MISCONCEPTIONS: Revan #1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
This thread serves as the first entry of my Addressing Misconceptions blog series.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/addressing-misconceptions-revan-1/130457/

DISCLAIMER: Comments and views said below may not accurately reflect the content of the thread.

TenebrousWay
"Muuuhhh continuity" >>>> logic and common sense

AncientPower
Originally posted by TenebrousWay

- The PT Brigade

SunRazer
Responded to it. You're right in some parts, but you're also stretching some arguments beyond what your evidence actually states, and at other times you're blatantly taking quotes out of context to suit your own ends.

Originally posted by TenebrousWay

Logic and common sense is to follow continuity. That said, I have already argued against certain elements of continuity repeatedly in the past, so I'm not someone who just follows continuity without even contemplating alternatives. That is the case with several others as well.

Moreover, "logic and common sense" here is in fact a synonym for personal desires and arbitrary interpretations. If a statement is produced saying that Mace or Dooku > Revan, then that's simply how it is. If you argue that Revan's still stronger because his feats are better, because "I can't see that happening" or whatever else, it's down to your own wants and arbitrary interpretations. There's no common sense or logic in that at all.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SunRazer
Responded to it. You're right in some parts, but you're also stretching some arguments beyond what your evidence actually states, and at other times you're blatantly taking quotes out of context to suit your own ends.
Hypocrisy at its finest.

All future blogs by me will also specifically @ you, given you are generally the one leading the charge of stupidity.

SunRazer
Ad hominem. Doesn't excuse the fact that you're doing it then and there, which is what's relevant now. I'll respond to your stuff later.

And I'm fine with you leaving it up to others to decide what the stupidity is. Plenty of Revanites on CV are either on-board with me and other people who argue this purported stupidity or are at least willing to listen. You making everything personal shows nothing other than how immature you are. You might want to **** off outside for a breath of fresh air before making your next response.

DarthAnt66
It's excused given it's not being done. Now, unless you have something to actually contribute to this thread (which you don't), leave.

SunRazer
It's being done. See the back-and-forth which are getting us nowhere? I suggest we stop and start having a productive discussion, based on the points of the blog itself and not each other.

I'm contributing by exposing the flaws in your arguments. You're just unwilling to listen, and from experience it's clear that if I'm not making a response that favours you, you're going to be unhappy and accuse me ofthis and that. I don't care what pisses you off or wets your knickers. If you make a thread on a public forum, anyone is entitled to post. The fact that you're showing dictatorial tendencies by not allowing dissenting opinion is supposed to scare me now? Kindly **** off.

As I said, I'll respond on the blog itself later.

Selenial
Huh, this thread actually convinced me Nova's right mmm

DarthAnt66
It's being done. See the back-and-forth which are getting us nowhere? I suggest we stop and start having a productive discussion, based on the points of the blog itself and not each other.

I'm contributing by exposing the flaws in your arguments. You're just unwilling to listen, and from experience it's clear that if I'm not making a response that favours you, you're going to be unhappy and accuse me ofthis and that. I don't care what pisses you off or wets your knickers. If you make a thread on a public forum, anyone is entitled to post. The fact that you're showing dictatorial tendencies by not allowing dissenting opinion is supposed to scare me now? Kindly **** off.

As I said, I'll respond on the blog itself later.
If there were flaws in my argument, it certainly wasn't exposed by you.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Selenial
Huh, this thread actually convinced me Nova's right mmm
I never understood how these types of posts worked besides blatant triggers.

Nevertheless, love you too mom. :*

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
If there were flaws in my argument, it certainly wasn't exposed by you.

Keep up with the ad hominems and continue to eviscerate your credibility.

I don't know why you make this stuff personal. If it involves Revan, it becomes outright personal to you, and it becomes a personal mission for you to hunt down the "heretics". There's something seriously wrong with that, and I suggest you find a way to stop it as soon as you can.

DarthAnt66
Keep up with the ad hominems and continue to eviscerate your credibility.
I've been here for many years doing a lot of the same things.

I imagine now isn't the moment when it all turns around on me.

If it involves Revan, it becomes outright personal to you, and it becomes a personal mission for you to hunt down the "heretics".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqaiKmm8gsY&t=1m04s

SunRazer
Well, some might argue that it turned around on you a while ago.

Regardless, I'm not setting out to destroy your credibility or undermine Revan, despite what you may think. I've no personal agenda in this, as you can tell from my recent attempts to raise Revan in my own eyes. I'm just trying to be fair and stay as close as I can to canonical information. Your own failures in convincing me aren't my fault, lol. And if I'm just some stubborn prick who won't listen, skip me. You don't need to make it personal and dedicate entire blogs to attacking me like you're threatening me.

Become more mature and you'll be infinitely more respected. thumb up

AncientPower
If anything, Ant has gained in credibility.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Razer is right. smile

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Razer is right. smile
DBZ sux. :>

TenebrousWay
snip

You "argued against certain elements of continuity repeatedly" using what if not logic and common sense?

My post referred to the Kun/Ulic/Vitiate debacle, justifying it's trollish nature, not about Ant's feelings about "muh Revan" btw.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
DBZ sux. :>

No, my friend. I've passed between Multiverses. Gone beyond the beyond. Seen levels of power and horror outside the scope of what any dreamer can dream. And beyond that, too.

smile

TenebrousWay
Razer is right. smile

Ur just a noob that have SSJ3 Goku above Mystic Gohan, I'm certain. stick out tongue

DarthAnt66
No, my friend. I've passed between Multiverses. Gone beyond the beyond. Seen levels of power and horror outside the scope of what any dreamer can dream. And beyond that, too.

smile
Damn. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
we're talking metatextual and trans-fictional. smile

DarthAnt66
... who could have such power?

SunRazer
@Ant -

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/5743364-3688584-2303717494-cronu.jpg

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
... who could have such power?

God!

There's quite a few others, too.

SunRazer
@Ant - You took down the blog? Interesting.

Please don't make anymore of those. smile

DarthAnt66
Reposting it next week with more content.

Will focus on same themes and some of the same text.

I'm going to message some developers first.

SunRazer
Avoid dragging anyone into it next time.

Also, you're not going to deny the existence of this thread if it comes up in the future, are you? erm

If you get a more conclusive result from the developers, you might have a real case. As of yet, you have a rather amusing rant built intentional misinterpretations and around out-of-context snippets. smile

DarthAnt66
My plans for the next thread will not only @ you, but in more places than one, lmfao.

Also, a lot of the original thread will be featured in the updated thread, so obviously not. erm

I stand by everything I said in the thread, but given some people are too stupid to understand, I realize it's best to also get some official statements for support.

I've never denied the existence of any thread I've ever created, for the record.

The Merchant
@DarthAnt.

Darth Revan>Ajunta Pall>Muur>Spirit of Muur~ROTS Palpatine. WHat do you think of this chain?

DarthAnt66
Seems good until we got to Palpatine.

SunRazer
Not sure whether to laugh or not given the stupidity you've managed to prop up before. We've all shown stupidity at points in the past before. Your constant attempts to make this personal are highly amusing. smile

Given that there were very few witnesses, you might very well think it's within the bounds of reason to deny the existence of this one.

You run to the developers though, boy. Keep getting more and more authority statements and you might soon kill off any semblance of discussion.smile

Just kidding. Get something legit and I'll support your case. Get something shitty like you did before - and expect to be ****ed.

DarthAnt66
You run to the developers though, boy.

and expect to be ****ed.

Hypocrisy at its ****ing finest.

You'd be lucky if I don't dedicate an entire blog to you, lmfao.

SunRazer
Don't know if you can't tell the difference between a joke and a real insult, or if you're playing along spectacularly.

I'm certainly pleased to see that you're dedicating all of this attention to me. That said, you can skip the blog and go straight for a monument. smile

DarthAnt66
That said, you can skip the blog and go straight for a monument. smile
http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Triumph_Over_the_Infidel

SunRazer
Wow, you're even depicting me standing over your defeated corpse? And here I thought we couldn't be friends. smile

Beniboybling
Can someone provide a summary of what this blog was about? smile

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Can someone provide a summary of what this blog was about? smile

It was basically Ant posting some ramblings about Revan that he already posted a hundred times either here or in CV. So, nothing new.

Beniboybling
Figures, he's rapidly declining mentally these days. sad

Rockydonovang
hey, the link doesn't work

cs_zoltan
He deleted the thread smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I deleted your soul smile

cs_zoltan
What soul?

The_Tempest
What is this drama? mmm

Trocity
Originally posted by The Merchant
Darth Revan>Ajunta Pall>Muur>Spirit of Muur~ROTS Palpatine. WHat do you think of this chain?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/hhn.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.