Atomic Blonde

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
FI01rdBF6Gg

Director: David Leitch (John Wick)

Charlize Theron
James Macavoy
John Goodman

-Pr-
Really interested in seeing it. Jane Wick ftw.

marwash22
looks interesting.

riv6672
Nooice.

jaden101
Unlike Monster, this has Charlize Theron lesbionics I can get on board with.

BruceSkywalker
looks interesting

riv6672
Originally posted by jaden101
Unlike Monster, this has Charlize Theron lesbionics I can get on board with.
I thought that, too. laughing

Patient_Leech
This looks really good. Jane Lesbian Wick indeed! eek!

La Femme Nikita anyone? A movie I've been meaning to rewatch for a while...

Patient_Leech
Final trailer...

qu7fAD5zJpc

Esau Cairn
Could've easily been the sequel to Salt.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Could've easily been the sequel to Salt.

Hm.. I remember thinking that movie really sucked. Is it worth seeing again (for reasons other than just looking at Angelina Jolie)?

BruceSkywalker
seeing this opening day absolutely free of charge...

i will not be paying any movie

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hm.. I remember thinking that movie really sucked. Is it worth seeing again (for reasons other than just looking at Angelina Jolie)?

From memory, Cruise was originally meant for the role but he was already contracted to another Mission Impossible film.

I liked Jolie/Salt simply because of the ending where they let her go free to seek vengeance on those who screwed up her life.

Mindset
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
seeing this opening day absolutely free of charge...

i will not be paying any movie You better put out.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mindset
You better put out.

nope sorry.. i got a free movie pass when i saw transformers the last knight, so i decided to see this free

Ascendancy
nope sorry.. i got a free movie pass when i saw transformers the last knight, so i decided to see this free

So Transformers was the one worth the money? Interesting, heh.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ascendancy
So Transformers was the one worth the money? Interesting, heh.

no not really... when a bunch of us walked into the theater, it was total darkness , the screen was dark and people were using their celphones to see... after about 2o minutes an usher came in, told us to get a free movie pass and then to to another theater to see transformers.. i have up to a year to use the free pass so just decided to use it for charlize

carthage
Seems like a bad idea to have released this in the same time period as Apes and Spiderman.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by carthage
Seems like a bad idea to have released this in the same time period as Apes and Spiderman.

well this was cheaply made lol so if its good then it should turn a profit

Dreampanther
So - do you think anybody told Marvel yet that somebody made a Black Widow movie?

Patient_Leech
Sounds like this is probably a pretty solid action flick.

It's getting some good reviews....

Rotten Tomatoes

Flyattractor
Meh, this can wait for RedBox.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I'm probably gonna wait, too. But I'm interested in seeing it because it's one of the John Wick directors.

Also I didn't realize James McAvoy is in it. That dude is a killer actor.

BruceSkywalker
seeing free of charge on friday

Mindset
seeing free of charge on friday It's not free, you better blow me after.

carthage
Might go see this Friday night

Patient_Leech
It's not free, you better blow me after.

Yeah, Bruce. A deal's a deal.

BruceSkywalker
It's not free, you better blow me after.

it is free.. i have a free movie pass...

you aren't a 6ft tall hot female model stick out tongue stick out tongue

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, Bruce. A deal's a deal.

lol

avasmith6307
I am deadly waiting for this movie!

BruceSkywalker
pretty solid action flick... easy to follow and understand..

a solid 7/10

Kazenji
Been seeing for some people the plot can be convoluted the way it gets told.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Been seeing for some people the plot can be convoluted the way it gets told.

those are dumb people who can't pay attention.. i figured out everything in the first 30 minutes

Flyattractor
pretty solid action flick... easy to follow and understand..

a solid 7/10

Ok, if we run that response thru the FanboyReaction that probably means this is probably a 5 at best...

those are dumb people who can't pay attention.. i figured out everything in the first 30 minutes

........mmmmyep.

|King Joker|
I was sort of tired and wasn't paying too much attention to the plot when I saw it, so that's probably why I thought it was confusing. It's a little boring but the fight scenes are ****ing awesome, so I got what I came for. Overall, a 6.5/10, IMO.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I was sort of tired and wasn't paying too much attention to the plot when I saw it, so that's probably why I thought it was confusing. It's a little boring but the fight scenes are ****ing awesome, so I got what I came for. Overall, a 6.5/10, IMO.

I agree with this analysis. thumb up

Soviet spy shit isn't my cup of tea, but the film is still really awesome. Beautiful cinematography and cleverly edited together. James McAvoy and Theron are acting powerhouses. Great action scenes and even some nice lesbian action. It felt like a film where the filmmakers were given complete freedom to do what they wanted to do.

carthage
This out a bluray yet?

Patient_Leech
^ Not for another 2 weeks. Nov 14th...

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Atomic-Blonde-4K-Blu-ray/184226/

Flyattractor
Is this playing on those small TV Screens at the gas stations when you fill up yet?

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I didn't care for the narrative/story. But it's a testament to just how good everything else was that I still enjoyed the movie overall.

Rick Deckard
Just saw Atomic Blonde on Blu. Incredible film. Really enjoyed the late '80's stark winter setting, the incredible action sequences, and the amazing cinematography.

The '80's pop/rock soundtrack was sublime - the music here reminded me yet again why the '80's was the best decade for music. Opening the movie up with New Order's great track Blue Monday '88 was perfect, and set the tone for the rest of the film. Each song was perfectly placed over the scene it went over - excellent.

My favorite action sequence were the long, drawn-out fight scenes when CH was protecting the defector from those thugs in the empty building. Great sequence, and much of this looked like one long shot.

Also pleasantly surprised at some non-predictable elements in the film - nice to see this, especially in a big-budget Hollywood flick.

carthage
Saw this on my firestick
The soundtrack is killer, the fight scenes are brutal and grounded, and overall while the movie wasn't the most original Charlize did a great job as the lead. 8/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.