Force Lightning Via Hologram

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
So, apparently this is a thing. In SW: Galaxies, there's a quest where you can talk to Emperor Palpatine's hologram at the end, but if you do, he kills you with Force Lightning through the hologram. Can't find any videos of it online but there's numerous websites (including both Wookieepedia and the SWG wiki) confirming this, and there's a picture on the SWG wiki.

Beniboybling
Show the picture then. uhuh

SunRazer
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/swg/images/7/7d/Emperor3.JPG

Somebody else more knowledgeable on SWG (which I know almost nothing about) should clarify/confirm. smile

Nephthys
Thats dumb.

SunRazer
I'm truly unsure of how it works. I suppose Az's interpretation of Palpatine's claim in The Dark Side Compendium was correct - he can cast Force Lightning across the galaxy.

Selenial
Yeh, they had a similar thing with Vader at one point. It happens during an assassination mission, Palpatine kills you as a cover up for being involved if you go back to him instead of another random imperial, IIRC.

Can confirm smile

Though if Vader kills you with force lightning (which he does during the first part of the same mission) who knows how reliable it is....

SunRazer
Yep. smile

I wonder why they went for Lightning instead of Choke. But still, a nice feat.

The_Tempest
For Vader, it could be Kinetite or whatever the power is he uses in splinter of the mind's eye.

Hmm... interesting implications for the Sheev's Hologram vs Valkorion thread....

Beniboybling
Sheev fries him. yes

Azronger
Originally posted by SunRazer
I'm truly unsure of how it works. I suppose Az's interpretation of Palpatine's claim in The Dark Side Compendium was correct - he can cast Force Lightning across the galaxy.

thumb upeek!thumb up

Beniboybling
Quote?

S_W_LeGenD
Do you guys know that Palpatine utilized a hyperspace route to dispatch his Force Storm to Coruscant in order to bring Luke Skywalker to Byss?

S_W_LeGenD
Man-made mediums can serve as a gateway to project power to distant locations in Star Wars. Nothing new here.

The Force exists everywhere in Star Wars and all you need is to get a fix on the target, no matter how far.

Vitiate siphoned energy of some of his subjects on a consistent basis and distance was irrelevant to him in this regard. He dispatched his Hands for missions in distant locations from time-to-time for example.

Azronger
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Quote?

-Palpatine's hologram recording

-The Book of Anger

Azronger
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Do you guys know that Palpatine utilized a hyperspace route to dispatch his Force Storm to Coruscant in order to bring Luke Skywalker to Byss?

Quote?

Beniboybling
Ah makes sense. yes

Nephthys
Az, you understand what a full-stop is, right?

Darth Abonis
I asked this question many years ago on Wookieepedia. Idk if Star Wars: Galaxies is a reliable source, but if Palpatine can conjure lightning from across the galaxy then that IS awesome

AncientPower
SW Galaxies. laughing out loud

Time we all started recognising the Sith Order that isn't the Banite Sith Order and had like hundreds of members in the game, then.

New depths, truly.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by AncientPower
SW Galaxies. laughing out loud

Time we all started recognising the Sith Order that isn't the Banite Sith Order and had like hundreds of members in the game, then.

New depths, truly.

Except players couldn't be Sith in SWG.

AncientPower
No, there were Sith NPCs.

SunRazer
The Rule of Two doctrine was basically abandoned by now, lol. Palpatine had his own Rule of One set up.

Nephthys
Galaxies probably isn't canon. If Vader also does this that just cements that we shouldn't take it seriously at all.

SunRazer
It is Canon. It's referenced in sources.

Any link to Vader doing it?

DarthAnt66
If this is canon, the Hero of Umbara is, lmfao.

The_Tempest
Any compelling reason why this feat is invalid beyond personal incredulity?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Azronger
Quote?
Here:

http://i65.tinypic.com/2hf71ab.png

S_W_LeGenD
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/5393228-4607492332-zSFxG.gif

Beniboybling
Here:

http://i65.tinypic.com/2hf71ab.png Because through Force storms he was able to create hyperspace wormholes, that doesn't mean he was using the Hydian Way lmao.

S_W_LeGenD
Hmm.

Do you know that hyperspace wormholes are a natural phenomenon in Star Wars? A great disturbance in the Force can trigger one on its own.

This unpredictable natural phenomenon suddenly connected distant points in the galaxy by creating hyperspace tunnels. These wormholes produced vast amount of energy in the form of violent storms. Great disturbances in the Force could sometimes trigger a wormhole.

Taken from The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Hyperspace is a dimension of space-time continuum in the Star Wars universe, if I am getting it right.

So Force Storm is an application that can be used to tap this dimension in order to create/trigger a hyperspace wormhole that may serve as a gateway to a distant location? mmm

SunRazer
Yes.

Geistalt
Vitiate siphoned energy of some of his subjects on a consistent basis and distance was irrelevant to him in this regard. He dispatched his Hands for missions in distant locations from time-to-time for example. Ah; but did he dominate the galaxy?

Geistalt
I totally approve of the notion that Palps can use FL via hologram, btw.

Now watch as everyone refuses to back my position.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.