Ranking Force-Users by Feats (Legends)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geistalt

Nephthys
Are we supposed to rank them or are these just your ranks?

Geistalt
Just mine.

Geistalt
You may give your own if you want, though.

Nephthys
In the Smuggler campaign theres a mentally-damaged force user named Trick who can cloak entire fleets. He's worth a mention imo.

S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate concealed the footprint of his children across the vast breath of the galaxy via First Son. Even the Jedi could not see through this deception.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate concealed the footprint of his children across the vast breath of the galaxy via First Son. Even the Jedi could not see through this deception.

*CoughcoughSheevdidthatonabiggerscalecoughcougu

Sorry, flu season.

Nephthys
Actually I'm pretty sure that The First Son concealing hundreds of Sith amongst the Jedi and Republic is better than Sidious concealing himself.

Heck, one of Vitiates agents managed to get onto the Jedi Council even before the First Son.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
*CoughcoughSheevdidthatonabiggerscalecoughcougu

Sorry, flu season.
I think that the flu has gotten into your brain. Take some rest.

TenebrousWay
Oh no, another thread spoiled by the Valkorion x Sidious debacle...

Beniboybling
Sheev, in all. uhuh

Geistalt
Phuck.

Tutaminis (Revised):
1. Yoda
2. Darth Plagueis
3. Galen Marek
4. Revan
5. Nejaa Halcyon
6. Satele Shan
7. Corran Horn
8. Darth Vader

AncientPower
How does Sidious have telekinesis greater than Nihilus pulling an entire fleet out of Malachor V's Gravity Wells and Storms?

Nephthys
because hes sidious

duh

Beniboybling
Because he buried a Super Star Destroyer w/o nexus. smile

UCanShootMyNova
Do people really think he physically buried that SSD with TK?

Nephthys
I think they're probably just trolling or intentionally misinterpreting it to wank.

Or they're really stupid.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Do people really think he physically buried that SSD with TK? No, when I said buried I meant he buried it in a debate.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
I think they're probably just trolling or intentionally misinterpreting it to wank.

Or they're really stupid. Nah, turns out, it actually happened.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nah, turns out, it actually happened.

Wait, so you DO think he buried it?

L(

Beniboybling
I do.

eek!

UCanShootMyNova
embarrasment

Nephthys
Nah, turns out, it actually happened.

Beni staking out the third option with vigor!

AncientPower
Because he buried a Super Star Destroyer w/o nexus. smile

The reach is strong, there were a multitude of ways the Empire could have accomplished this.

UCanShootMyNova
Beni staking out the third option with vigor!

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/bioshock/images/c/c0/Vigor_barker.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20150605051242

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by AncientPower
The reach is strong, there were a multitude of ways the Empire could have accomplished this.

All far less complicated and less energy/time consuming then Palpatine physically burying it.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by AncientPower
The reach is strong, there were a multitude of ways the Empire could have accomplished this. Quite, the way in which it was accomplished being elucidated on by Star Wars Fact File #9. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
I've wanted to ask Beni, is that Kylo in your avi or something else?

Nephthys
no he tked the shovels and everything

its 100% unambiguously stated as a TRU FAKS

UCanShootMyNova
Sounds like Fake News to me tbh.

Beniboybling
no he tked the shovels and everything

its 100% unambiguously stated as a TRU FAKS I wonder why you feel the need to bring shovels into this, when lowering the ship into a hole with TK fulfills the criteria of "bury" just fine. Past shovel-related trauma resurfacing perhaps? mmm

I've wanted to ask Beni, is that Kylo in your avi or something else? It's my gorgeous boy yeah.

UCanShootMyNova
I wonder why you feel the need to bring shovels into this, when lowering the ship into a hole with TK fulfills the criteria of "bury" just fine. Past shovel-related trauma resurfacing perhaps? mmm

It's my gorgeous boy yeah.

Nah. Neph's issues come from hoes only.

https://static.turbosquid.com/Preview/2014/07/11__04_02_03/GardenHoe_145.jpg4a9cee07-8d21-48be-a20a-f5236071ffd4Original.jpg

UCanShootMyNova
The return of the forum breaking pictures. smile

Nephthys
Quite, the way in which it was accomplished being elucidated on by Star Wars Fact File #9. thumb up

Not even close.

Beniboybling
The return of the forum breaking pictures. smile The joke just about makes up for that insult. uhuh

UCanShootMyNova
The joke just about makes up for that insult. uhuh

thumb up

Beniboybling
Not even close. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ec/dc/30/ecdc3045b64c2372bca424cd02613217.jpg

Emperordmb
The return of the forum breaking pictures. smile
http://i.imgur.com/64hFHnv.gif

Nah but seriously why back on KMC? You decided to relapse?

Nephthys
It doesn't remotely specify the method he uses. Telepathic control is the far more likely explanation.

Beniboybling
It doesn't remotely specify the method he uses. Telepathic control is the far more likely explanation. It specifies that he buried the Lusankya with the Force, that rather limits the number of possibilities I would think. sad

UCanShootMyNova
Tbh Beni, I'm pretty sure that's referring to having HAD it buried. Just my thoughts.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Emperordmb
http://i.imgur.com/64hFHnv.gif

Nah but seriously why back on KMC? You decided to relapse?

Ye.

Beniboybling
Tbh Beni, I'm pretty sure that's referring to having HAD it buried. Just my thoughts. Having it buried by someone else wouldn't be a demonstration of his dark side powers dear, you're not making me work much here.

Geistalt
Having someone else bury it wouldn't be a demonstration of his dark side powers, dear.

UCanShootMyNova
It would be if he was using his Darkside powers to have them do so and then erased their memories afterwards.

But I think you already knew that.

Geistalt
He didn't "have it buried." It literally reads "he had buried ." Past perfect tense.

UCanShootMyNova
Yes. You're aware that there are other meanings of the word "buried" apart from shoving something in a hole and refilling said hole with dirt, correct?

Geistalt
That's basically where it ended up, though.

bury
1. put or hide under ground.

Zenwolf
Neato fact, the Executor Super Star Destroyers are a million tonnes in weight!

Beniboybling
It would be if he was using his Darkside powers to have them do so and then erased their memories afterwards.

But I think you already knew that. An incredibly imprecise reading warranted by nothing. Quite, I'm aware of all the excuses. laughing out loud

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Geistalt

Yeah but it doesn't mean Sidious telekinetically uplifted a metric sh!t ton of dirt placed the SSD inside the hole and then dumped the dirt back in.

He had it buried so that it would function as an actual weapon system if Coruscant ever came under attack IIRC.

Burying it in the way that you and Beni are suggesting would just entomb it and make it pretty useless as a weapon system unless Sidious spent literal weeks/months ensuring that the way in which the Lusankya was buried still allowed it to function in the way he intended.

Don't see Sidious wasting his time/energy/efforts on that tbh.

Beniboybling

bury
1. put or hide under ground. The source is describing how the Lusankya has put/hidden under ground though, so that's clearly not the definition being used.

UCanShootMyNova
An incredibly imprecise reading warranted by nothing. Quite, I'm aware of all the excuses. laughing out loud

I'd say it's warranted when the alternative is assuming Sidious spent inordinate amounts of time ensuring the Lusankya was buried in such a way it still functioned as a viable weapons system with TK rather then just having structural engineers and architects do it for him.

UCanShootMyNova

1. put or hide under ground.

Lol. Did you really ignore the second definition posted right after?

2. completely cover; cause to disappear or become inconspicuous.

Beniboybling
Yeah but it doesn't mean Sidious telekinetically uplifted a metric sh!t ton of dirt placed the SSD inside the hole and then dumped the dirt back in.

He had it buried so that it would function as an actual weapon system if Coruscant ever came under attack IIRC.

Burying it in the way that you and Beni are suggesting would just entomb it and make it pretty useless as a weapon system unless Sidious spent literal weeks/months ensuring that the way in which the Lusankya was buried still allowed it to function in the way he intended.

Don't see Sidious wasting his time/energy/efforts on that tbh. Bury =/= dig up or cover with dirt. Refer to Geistasts handy definition. All that's being suggested here is that Sheev lowered it underground.

Geistalt
Lol. Did you really ignore the second definition posted right after?

2. completely cover; cause to disappear or become inconspicuous. Right, 'cause that's a demonstration of power.

Geistalt
By making everyone forget that it ever happened.

UCanShootMyNova
Bury =/= dig up or cover with dirt. Refer to Geistasts handy definition.

Not the point Beni. It would still need to function once dug up, which would require actual structural support for the large area in which the SSD was buried. Not Sidious waving his hand and packing metric sh!t tons of earth on top of it.

UCanShootMyNova
Right, 'cause that's a demonstration of power.

If he TP'ed them into doing it then yes, yes it is.

UCanShootMyNova
By making everyone forget that it ever happened.

Yes.

Beniboybling
Not the point Beni. It would still need to function once dug up, which would require actual structural support for the large area in which the SSD was buried. Not Sidious waving his hand and packing metric sh!t tons of earth on top of it. And nobody is suggesting that happened, only that he lowered it underground.

We know exactly where it was placed and what was put over it anyway, so I don't know why you continue to blabber on about dirt. laughing out loud

Geistalt
Demonstrating your power...

By making people forget what you did with your power.

UCanShootMyNova
All that's being suggested here is that Sheev lowered it underground.

Since he's already making the people who knew about the Lusankya forget the event with his TP that's sufficient to be considered a demonstration of his power linked with the ships being "buried." To assume he used TK to lower the ship into the hole is superfluous and has no evidence to back it up.

UCanShootMyNova
And nobody is suggesting that happened, only that he lowered it underground.

We know exactly where it was placed and what was put over it anyway, so I don't know why you continue to blabber on about dirt. laughing out loud

Yes. You added that bit after I made my response.

It was placed beneath Coruscant's surface IIRC. There's a source pertaining to the event.

Beniboybling
Since he's already making the people who knew about the Lusankya forget the event with his TP that's sufficient to be considered a demonstration of his power linked with the ships being "buried." To assume he used TK to lower the ship into the hole is superfluous and has no evidence to back it up. Aside from the source itself, which states he buried the ship with the Force. mmm

UCanShootMyNova
Demonstrating your power...

By making people forget what you did with your power.

No. By making people forget the Lusankya in the first place he buried the ship. I.E. all memories and thoughts of it disappearing lines up with the latter definition of the word.

Geistalt
I meant having the Lusankya to begin with.

UCanShootMyNova
Aside from the source itself, which states he buried the ship with the Force. mmm

He buried the ship with a demonstration of his "Darkside powers." I.E. he made people forget the ship entirely effectively "burying" it.

Beniboybling
Yes. You added that bit after I made my response.

It was placed beneath Coruscant's surface IIRC. There's a source pertaining to the event. It was within the cityscape, yeah.

UCanShootMyNova
I meant having the Lusankya to begin with.

Yeah, I don't see the point either but it's actually stated I believe. Sidious made everyone forget the event after it happened apparently.

Beniboybling
He buried the ship with a demonstration of his "Darkside powers." I.E. he made people forget the ship entirely effectively "burying" it. *it's existence, not the physical vessel itself within the Imperial City to which the source refers. sad

UCanShootMyNova
It was within the cityscape, yeah.

I get what you're suggesting Beni.

He had structural engineers create a suitable enclosure for the ship and lowered it in himself with TK. I myself believe this is WELL within Palpatine's capabilities.

I just find it far more likely the quote is referencing Sidious having buried the matter of the ship as is confirmed to have occurred.

Zenwolf
No. By making people forget the Lusankya in the first place he buried the ship. I.E. all memories and thoughts of it disappearing lines up with the latter definition of the word.

"No way, Superman is faster! He circled the planet and made us forget about that earthquake that killed Lois Lane."

"What earthquake?"

"Exactly ***!"

UCanShootMyNova
*it's existence, not the physical vessel itself within the Imperial City to which the source refers. sad

The source refers to the ship. "Burying" it by making people forget makes a lot more sense to me then having literally placed it in a dug out space with TK.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Zenwolf
"No way, Superman is faster! He flew around the Earth and made us forget about that earthquake that killed Lois Lane."

"What earthquake?"

"Exactly ***!"

He buried that shit. smile

Geistalt
The source is describing how the Lusankya has put/hidden under ground though, so that's clearly not the definition being used. No; the source was describing how it disappeared. Naming it and using the 2nd definition contributes no new information.

It renders the 2nd statement trivial.

Zenwolf
He buried that shit. smile

A million ton TK feat. big grin

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Zenwolf
A million ton TK feat. big grin

I recently found out that Superman ACTUALLY DOES have TK.

Beniboybling
The source refers to the ship. "Burying" it by making people forget makes a lot more sense to me then having literally placed it in a dug out space with TK. To the physical ship yes, not the concept of the ship. The actual place where it was buried, not the memories it was hidden from. Try to understand that when the source describes Palpatine burying the ship at the edge of the Imperial City, it is literally referring to the place in which a space had been dug out, and it was put into - the physical act of burying the ship. erm

UCanShootMyNova
To the physical ship yes, not the concept of the ship. The actual place where it was buried, not the memories it was hidden from. Try to understand that when the source describes Palpatine burying the ship at the edge of the Imperial City, it is literally referring to the place in which a space had been dug out, and it was put into - the physical act of burying the ship. erm

I no think so. :>

Beniboybling
He buried that shit. smile In a dumpster.

But not physically. A metaphorical dumpster. smile

UCanShootMyNova
In a dumpster.

But not physically. A metaphorical dumpster. smile

So KMC? smile

Geistalt
Precisely.

Our forum's going to end up with a physical manifestation in a galaxy far, far away someday...

The_Tempest
Beni slaying tbh

UCanShootMyNova
Beni gayin' tbh.

Geistalt
In the Smuggler campaign theres a mentally-damaged force user named Trick who can cloak entire fleets. He's worth a mention imo. Sry; forgot about him.

Force Camouflage / Force Cloak (Revised):
1. Trick
2. Dark Apprentice
3. Darth Traya
4. Lomi Plo
5. Jin-Lo Rayce
6. Maris Brood
7. Darth Vader

Azronger
Syn, why did you return?

SunRazer
It's clearly not TP, lmfao. He wouldn't be demonstrating his powers to anyone other than himself if he made everyone forget that he did it.

Nephthys
But he did make everyone forget that he did it? confused

SunRazer

Nephthys
Theres no mention of any underlings. You shouldn't presume without anything to back it, it looks awfully similar to making stuff up. IIRC it is stated that he made everyone involved forget about the event though, so whether or not its stupid he is basically just demonstrating it to himself. Or maybe the demonstration is that he can bury a SSD in plain view and have no-one remember it.

Its also directly stated that imperial engineers were involved with burying it and the thing was equipped with a ****ing grav-lift.

but no clearly he used tk to bury the thing that can float and even if it couldnt it can fly cuz its a spaceship

In any case you should edit your respect thread. The quote in no way references TK. It's absolutely open-ended. You currently have it incorrectly labelled.

Geistalt
Its also directly stated that imperial engineers were involved with burying it and the thing was equipped with a ****ing grav-lift. k.
Where?

Nephthys
"She renamed the vessel Lusankya, and, with help from the Emperor's mind-fogging powers, Imperial engineers buried the tremendous battleship beneath the cityscape in Coruscant's Manarai Mountain district."

Source: The New Essential Guide to Characters

http://i.imgur.com/dfEkViH.png

Tutturu!

Geistalt
It was covered in girders and electronics, then lowered? Without anything getting crushed?

Nephthys
How would I know?

SunRazer
Theres no mention of any underlings. You shouldn't presume without anything to back it, it looks awfully similar to making stuff up. IIRC it is stated that he made everyone involved forget about the event though, so whether or not its stupid he is basically just demonstrating it to himself. Or maybe the demonstration is that he can bury a SSD in plain view and have no-one remember it.

It's stated he fogged the minds of Coruscant's populace, which does not necessarily include some of his underlings. Nowhere is it said that he fogged anybody else's mind.

And no, I'm not presuming on account of nothing. The Emperor has demonstrated the extent of his powers to underlings more than once in the past, so there's precedent.

On the other hand, you think the Emperor would just bury the SSD for the lols to remind himself of how powerful he was so he could stroke his own dick. That's devoid of precedent and makes no sense when he's fully secure in his own power now. lol

There's already been numerous discussions on the sources involved here and which take precedence and what not. I'm not eager to have a repeat debate.

Beniboybling
Those sources have already been addressed Neph, I should know given I raised them. eek!

First of all the purpose of the "grav-lift" was to support the ship once buried not to levitate it onto the surface - which in fact, repulsor lifts are known to be capable of doing:

http://i.imgur.com/npuqeGD.png

That source only proves that, being wrapped in girders, the Lusankya would be unable to employ its engines.

And the New Essential Guide to Characters is a fallible source by your own omission:

http://i68.tinypic.com/10romra.png
Ziggy proved it wasn't an objective source, it was written by a fallible scholar.

This discussion is over. Discussion's over Nephy-poo. thumb up

Geistalt
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Beni slaying tbh

Geistalt
I may want some help ranking telepathic feats.

Geistalt
tfw you realize the original Starkiller TKed something on a scale of roughly 80 times what Yoda did.

Geistalt
Although, to be fair, Yoda TKed 4 of them (2 at a time).

And that estimate's just based on the notion that they had roughly the same mass per volume.

The insides of C-9979s are hollow.

Geistalt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.