HIDDEN Nihilus Quotes Revealed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66

SunRazer
Didn't you already release the second one? But ok.

DarthAnt66
No?

SunRazer
There was a quote about the Ravager falling apart slowly that was released already, but fair enough.

S_W_LeGenD
Thanks for the share.

So that was not Telekinesis?

SunRazer
Also, a direct confirmation that he was linked to the ship.

MythLord
So Nihilus isn't holding the ship together with telekinesis? Then how the hell is it still floating in space?

SunRazer
It's tied to him, so his existence/will keeps it together.

Miko Hacksaw
That second quote really makes no sense lol.

Miko Hacksaw
Like:

Barely as in able to take on dozens of turbo laser shots unshielded with no visible damage?

So as we saw with Unseen, Unheard (directly post Katarr), there's no one else on the ship except Visas and Nihilus. Is Nihilus making minor changes to navigation and such? Doing the upkeep like the sweeping, circuit changes, etc?

Lol. I'm glad in my conversations with him he always says "Note that my answers aren't canon if they weren't expressly confirmed in the game."

SunRazer
There's a crew there. The half-dead zombie crew.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/swtor/images/4/4c/KotOR_2_Ravager_shot_%2814%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20150513114426

Miko Hacksaw
Originally posted by SunRazer
There's a crew there. The half-dead zombie crew.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/swtor/images/4/4c/KotOR_2_Ravager_shot_%2814%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20150513114426

Yeah in game post-Katarr, and post-Onderon.

In unseen unheard (during Katar, and slightly post) he has only corpses on deck:

https://youtu.be/KHSstYl9Yfs?t=28s
(top panel)
https://youtu.be/KHSstYl9Yfs?t=1m17s
(top panel)

As you can see in the first link, the corpses are floating which means the ship has no atmosphere / no artificial gravity.

I think he picked up a crew when he got to Onderon.

Azronger
So... Nihilus isn't a capital ship-level telekinetic anymore?

SunRazer
He still resurrected the ship, presumably by TK, but I'm not sure about capital-ship level since it's confirmed that he has a specific tie to it.

@Miko - TCSWE refers to him constantly holding the crew together. It's possible he's had different crews over time. Each were subjected to his presence and presumably died eventually. At that point, I imagine they'd be replaced and the cycle would continue.

AncientPower
He didn't just recover the Ravager, he recovered a fleet of Interdictors as well.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Azronger
So... Nihilus isn't a capital ship-level telekinetic anymore? Seems so, now he only has a nexus amped showing. sad

Geistalt
Thank you, Chris Avellone.

darthbane77
A good blow to Nihilus wankers' arguments.

Nephthys
Not really. None of those statements are official.

Fated Xtasy
Lmao so now when it's against Nihilus they aint official. But errythang else is. Smh

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Lmao so now when it's against Nihilus they aint official. But errythang else is. Smh Tell 'em. thumb up

Selenial
Lmao so now when it's against Nihilus they aint official. But errythang else is. Smh

I hate Nihilus wank as much as anyone, but no one should be using Avellone quotes at all. He literally contradicts himself in the same quote...

Geistalt
k
When?

Selenial
Originally posted by Geistalt
k
When?

He suggests something about Nihilus holds the ship together, but that it isn't Telekinesis. He also suggests "poetic licence" implying there is literally no explanation. Occam's razor would then apply, meaning the simplest explanation should be taken, IE Telekinesis.... yet Avellone disregards that, leaving no physical way the ship should function.

Avellone has always seemed the driving force behind the philosophical brilliance of Kotor II, but his knowledge of Star Wars Lore indicates to me that he was not the primary writer for the continuity areas of the game, so why should he be an authority on the subject?

Drew Karpyshyn claims he's not even an authority on a Novel he wrote himself, why would Avellone (who hasn't worked on a Star Wars project since 2007) be an authority on subject matters written by a team of writers?

People's fascinations with Author quotes has always perplexed me.

Nephthys

I've never taken Ants author statements seriously.

I mean, for all we know he could have just made them up. Not saying he did, but they aren't official at all.

Miko Hacksaw
Originally posted by SunRazer
He still resurrected the ship, presumably by TK, but I'm not sure about capital-ship level since it's confirmed that he has a specific tie to it.

He holds it together with his will per Chris, which as we know in Star Wars lore means TK. But then he says its not some sort of super TK, which contradicts himself flat out.

Unless he's shooting for some other kind of dynamic outside of TK which simply moves towards more wanking of Nihilus.

That is of course, post-Katarr more towards Onderon. He gathered troops and forces from Onderon, but before that we have no indication he had any forces to station on his vessel.

And certainly no evidence of this up to Katarr where there are no living beings seen on his vessel.

Beniboybling Nihilus doesn't benefit from Nexuses due to his aura, and besides, it is never stated he uses a Nexus type mechanism for his feats.

Dream on Mason lol. All that's been presented is a self contradicting statement that is not supported by official material, which per Chris, voids his opinion.

Lol Selenial Chris himself states that before he was handed the KOTOR 2 project, he didn't like the Force in Star Wars:

He also hated the Nihilus Character lol:

So even in my conversations with him, I always take his statements with a grain of salt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.